Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Yanksfan']Brutal Legend is well worth 4 bucks. It is an underrated title at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

+1 It got a lot of bad press, but I really enjoyed it. I went in not expecting much, but if you like metal or Jack Black, you will enjoy it.

There are a lot of creative nods to album covers/bands/songs.

The "tower defense" are basically the boss battles, most of the game is hack & slash / exploration.

Well worth $4

[quote name='slowdive21']+1 It got a lot of bad press, but I really enjoyed it. I went in not expecting much, but if you like metal or Jack Black, you will enjoy it.

There are a lot of creative nods to album covers/bands/songs.

The "tower defense" are basically the boss battles, most of the game is hack & slash / exploration.

Well worth $4[/QUOTE]
It's more RTS than tower defense.

[quote name='typical guy']It's more RTS than tower defense.[/QUOTE]

that was admiralvics statement. I don't care what it is called, I was trying to say there is more to it than what he said.

[quote name='slowdive21']

Well worth $4[/QUOTE]

The online was also the same style...

Checked Salem, NH store Sunday for memory sticks & Super Paper Mario - no dice. Tried the Newington, NH store noonish today - no memory sticks, but two copies of Super Paper Mario in the display case marked $50. The clerk scanned one for me and came up $25, so still one left in the store. Lots of $2 Patapon 2, too.

I will not understand retailers and their clearances of some SKUs. I saw white Xbox wired headsets for $14.97 next to the newer black ones that sell for $19.99. Oh well, more for the consumer I suppose when they drop further in price.

DualShock 3 silvers are $47.97 according to a peg I found, but no controllers. No new games to report that others haven't reported. Seems like the drops are going as low as molasses. I don't think anything I saw got much cheaper!

I picked up two 4 GB Memory Stick Duos though for less than $3 each. They were in the camera section. Promptly returned the 4 gig I got from Target this week during their sale on PS3 accessories.

How busy are the Sears you guys visit? Mine is in a pretty empty lot. The only parking spaces filled are for the Home Depot next door. Nobody cares about the local trading card shop and Radio Shack in the same area. Einstein's Bagels was pretty busy for lunch too though...

A story to show how bad Sears is in my area: I tried to do a price check on a DS Lite and the scanner said to pick up the phone and talk to a sales associate. Did just that but nobody came. Then I found someone in the appliances section who also tried to call someone to electronic, but nobody showed up. Finally the manager came over, she took me to the front where she said she had the DS's, and finally scanned the price of $99.99. (I was hoping the prices would drop on the older white model.) She was complaining how she didn't have enough employees working shifts because her boss' wouldn't allow it, probably because of the lack of traffic at that store. I forgot they do price matches plus 10% extra. Would've been nice to price match the DS when TRU had them on sale for $89.99 last weekend. Definitely beats the MSRP majorly.

Anywho, I wonder if my Sears will just end up closing in a month or two at the rate it's going. If they do, I hope they don't have a liquidation like Circuit City where they start the prices at the regular retail price then slowly discount them week after week. :)

The ending of Brutal Legend more than made the game worth it, randomest boss kill ever XD.

Though, it was a pretty awesome game. I love the humor, and all of the Jack-Blackness personally. The RTS-Hack and Slash gameplay was pretty cool too

sears has dead space 2 for 19.99 on both consoles, is not clearance but is a damn good price, i know theres a thread about it but is not on the first page so in case someone missed it, they also had the guitar hero 5 bundle for 18.96

[quote name='imacgod']I will not understand retailers and their clearances of some SKUs. I saw white Xbox wired headsets for $14.97 next to the newer black ones that sell for $19.99. Oh well, more for the consumer I suppose when they drop further in price.

DualShock 3 silvers are $47.97 according to a peg I found, but no controllers. No new games to report that others haven't reported. Seems like the drops are going as low as molasses. I don't think anything I saw got much cheaper!

I picked up two 4 GB Memory Stick Duos though for less than $3 each. They were in the camera section. Promptly returned the 4 gig I got from Target this week during their sale on PS3 accessories.

How busy are the Sears you guys visit? Mine is in a pretty empty lot. The only parking spaces filled are for the Home Depot next door. Nobody cares about the local trading card shop and Radio Shack in the same area. Einstein's Bagels was pretty busy for lunch too though...

A story to show how bad Sears is in my area: I tried to do a price check on a DS Lite and the scanner said to pick up the phone and talk to a sales associate. Did just that but nobody came. Then I found someone in the appliances section who also tried to call someone to electronic, but nobody showed up. Finally the manager came over, she took me to the front where she said she had the DS's, and finally scanned the price of $99.99. (I was hoping the prices would drop on the older white model.) She was complaining how she didn't have enough employees working shifts because her boss' wouldn't allow it, probably because of the lack of traffic at that store. I forgot they do price matches plus 10% extra. Would've been nice to price match the DS when TRU had them on sale for $89.99 last weekend. Definitely beats the MSRP majorly.

Anywho, I wonder if my Sears will just end up closing in a month or two at the rate it's going. If they do, I hope they don't have a liquidation like Circuit City where they start the prices at the regular retail price then slowly discount them week after week. :)[/QUOTE]

Sears will never go out of business anytime soon. Kmart purchase Sears in 2004. Yes, it looks slow, but remember customers get services like in auto. Customers buy there electronics because they dont know any better.
i see more family shop there and they sell many wash and dryers.
Since kmart owns sears, this probably wont happen unless kmart is doing bad which i dont see

[quote name='The Punisher']Sears will never go out of business anytime soon. Kmart purchase Sears in 2004. Yes, it looks slow, but remember customers get services like in auto. Customers buy there electronics because they dont know any better.
Since kmart owns sears, this probably wont happen unless kmart is doing bad which i dont see[/QUOTE]

Yep. The auto, tools, large appliances (fridges, stoves, washers, dryers, vacuums, etc), and home/garden areas are pretty busy compared to the others.

Kenmore is a well-known appliance line that has been around for almost 80 years and pretty much only Sears and Kmart sells it. Sears also bought Lands' End, which is like a competitor to brands like Eddie Bauer, Columbia, or Patagonia.

I'm betting that people primarily go to Sears for auto care, tools, or large appliances and the other departments are there for "impulse buys."

[quote name='The Punisher']Sears will never go out of business anytime soon. Kmart purchase Sears in 2004. Yes, it looks slow, but remember customers get services like in auto. Customers buy there electronics because they dont know any better.
Since kmart owns sears, this probably wont happen unless kmart is doing bad which i dont see[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I stopped by the KMart in Pasadena and that too was pretty barren.

Not that I have any animosity towards either store. I do like good sales and clearances. Not sure if they'll last though.

I finally picked up some games from Sears today when I was outta town for work.

I picked up:

:ps3:Rogue Warrior
:ps3:Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena
:ps3:Socom Confrontation bundle

Total was like $31-32 for all three. Not bad.

picked up the following at sears in wilmington nc{there was a ton of clearence games left)
green day rockband 2.97
superpunch out 13.97 or 14.97 i am so happy to get this finally
kingdom hearts 358/2 9.97

Picked up Patapon 2 dl code and Jeanne d'arc today and a few 4gb pro duos the other day. Thanks to those that reported these!!

Didn't see it mentioned but can anyone confirm which Pro Duos it is? Sandisk (I saw black and a blue-ish one, are they both on sale? Just one color? Didn't have a chance to get it scanned). Apologies if I missed this info already.

[quote name='callmewoof']Didn't see it mentioned but can anyone confirm which Pro Duos it is? Sandisk (I saw black and a blue-ish one, are they both on sale? Just one color? Didn't have a chance to get it scanned). Apologies if I missed this info already.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm both the black and blue san disks are the 2.97 price, bought both myself.

I went to sears for some clearance stuff. Google shows that Halo Wars LE is in stock for $19.97 but wasn't able to find it.

Aside from that I picked up:
Dragon Quest Swords $3.97
Mercury Meltdown Revolution: $.97 x2
Green Day Rockband PS3: $2.97
Phantom Hourglass x2: $14.97
Prototype 360: $12.97
Singularity 360: $7.97
Twilight Princess: $12.97
Punchout: $13.97
Trauma UTK2: $9.97

They also had a couple DJ Hero PS2 bundles for $18.97, black Dual shock PS2 controllers for $14.97 and a Wii speak for $13.97.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure if anyone knew,

There is a Sandisk 8Gb pro duo for like $5. Use google shop.[/QUOTE]

It's probably a fake :)

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure if anyone knew,

There is a Sandisk 8Gb pro duo for like $5. Use google shop.[/QUOTE]

Must be a YMMV thing because I don't get any results for local Sears having that size memory in-stock at that price.

Also the 2.97 4gb pro duo might be YMMV as well. I'm in the DMV area and I only see 4.97 4Gb pro duos.

Also can vouch for the 0.97 Patapon 2 scored one yesterday morning. Also made the trip that much more worth it with the PS3 Dead Space 2 at 19.99.

[quote name='Lupinlll']Must be a YMMV thing because I don't get any results for local Sears having that size memory in-stock at that price.

Also the 2.97 4gb pro duo might be YMMV as well. I'm in the DMV area and I only see 4.97 4Gb pro duos.[/QUOTE]

I did a google shop search with no results on that size/price either.

As far as the 4gb, you may wanna have them scan. Mine were marked $9.99 but rang up $2.97

Anyone happen to have a Pokemon Battle Revolution at their Sears? I'm willing to pay $25 shipped for one.. None of the ones around me have it..

[quote name='Lupinlll']Must be a YMMV thing because I don't get any results for local Sears having that size memory in-stock at that price.

Also the 2.97 4gb pro duo might be YMMV as well. I'm in the DMV area and I only see 4.97 4Gb pro duos.[/QUOTE]

Well i use google shop when this deal was first posted. There was a 8GB sandisk pro duo for $5 and it was red. it was sold out in my area.

The 4 gb should be $2.97. Its Ymmv since not all sears follow

I got really lucky today. My sears had the original God of War COO PSP Bundle sitting in the glass a few months ago. Everytime I went in I'd have an employee scan it and it always rang up at $199.99; even AFTER the MSRP drop to $129.99 for core PSP's.

Well today they were having a big clearance event and the PSP was clearly marked just $99.99!

I instantly picked this up to keep sealed and collect as I never ever ever see this bundle anymore. Occasionally I'll see the Ghost of Sparta bundle but never the CHains of Olympus Bundle.

I always picked up Buzz! Quiz for PSP which was $1.97

[quote name='GBAstar']I got really lucky today. My sears had the original God of War COO PSP Bundle sitting in the glass a few months ago. Everytime I went in I'd have an employee scan it and it always rang up at $199.99; even AFTER the MSRP drop to $129.99 for core PSP's.

Well today they were having a big clearance event and the PSP was clearly marked just $99.99!

I instantly picked this up to keep sealed and collect as I never ever ever see this bundle anymore. Occasionally I'll see the Ghost of Sparta bundle but never the CHains of Olympus Bundle.

I always picked up Buzz! Quiz for PSP which was $1.97[/QUOTE]

How rare is it? why u keeping it sealed?

[quote name='JKSonic']DMV area as in Delmarva?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if by Delmarva you mean D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. Haven't heard Delmarva used for a while unless it was said by my grandparents.:lol:

[quote name='Lupinlll']Yes, if by Delmarva you mean D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. Haven't heard Delmarva used for a while unless it was said by my grandparents.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, Delmarva is the "Eastern Shore" peninsula, so I'm guessing you're closer to DC. Still, pretty close. Was just curious if you were hitting up the same Sears as me...I'm in Salisbury, MD.

picked up Mercury Meltdown for .97
4x Blue Sandisk 4GB Pro Duos 2.97 ea (they had a million of these)
at the Laguna Hills Mall Sears.
I had four games in my hand, headed for checkout, when I realized with my backlog from the BBV sale, and another BOGO coming from there 7/4 weekend, my kids will be in college before I play them. I'll wait out one more price drop. If they're still there next month, what the hell.
PS3
Brutal Legend 3.97
NHL 10 8.97
Prototype 9.97
PSP
Rock Band 7.97

My last trip to sears near eastford mall in Springfield mass had mirrors edge for the ps3 for 6.99. Good deal as I brought it for my girlfriends younger brother ( he loves free running ). I encourage everyone to try this underrated gem if you haven't already. You will love it !

[quote name='JKSonic']Haha, Delmarva is the "Eastern Shore" peninsula, so I'm guessing you're closer to DC. Still, pretty close. Was just curious if you were hitting up the same Sears as me...I'm in Salisbury, MD.[/QUOTE]

Nah, your territory your territory is safe... haha. like i said I haven't heard that in a while so I didn't even notice that the "D.C." and "Del" don't correlate when i replied. I frequent the Charles County Waldorf area.

[quote name='NYGIANTSFANFOREVER']I picked up a couple of the 4GB pro duo sandisk cards. Otherwise, the game related stuff was basically picked clean.[/QUOTE]

Your avatar rules ! Have you been to the new stadium yet ? I went two days ago and its gorgeous Had a great time there !

On topic, are people still seing fable 3 for 19.99 at any sears ?

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I went to a Sears in CT and picked up:
(All for Wii)
Mercury Meltdown Revolution $0.97
Boom Blox Bash Party - $6.97
Punchout - $13.97
Dragon Quest -Swords - $3.97
Spore Hero - $9.97

so after tax $38 for 5 games.

Saw Muramasa but it had a new UPC stickered on it and a label saying it was $14.99. They did not have any Zelda Twilight Princess original games, only the greatest hits versions.

I used Google Shopping and it showed all of these were Limited Stock at the local Sears - so it played out fairly accurately from my standpoint.

Nice additions to my backlog which I am working thru for the summer.

I was there last night and saw this:

:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES Limited Edition - $49.99 (3 copies)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - $12.97
:ds: Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin - $9.98
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid Collection - $12.97 (the plastic wrap was torn though)
:psp: Jeanne d'Arc - $7.97

Here's the entire list of recent markdowns that I managed to snag for my fellow CAGs. Apologies in advance if this has already been posted:

:360:Xbox 360

Dark Void - 3.97
Devil May Cry 4 - 14.97
Guitar Hero 2 - 7.97
Guitar Hero Metallica - 14.97
Lego Rock Band - 7.97
Madagascar 2 ETA - 12.97
Need For Speed Carbon - 14.97
NHL 07 - 14.97
Prey - 14.97
Rock Band - 4.97
Singularity - 7.97
World Series of Poker - 12.97
X-Men Wolverine - 14.97
Xbox 360 60GB Live Starter - 49.97
Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth(it's what it says on the tag) Headset - 29.97

:ds:DS

Advance Wars DoR - 7.97
Band Hero - 12.97
Civilization Revolution - 9.97
Dragon Quest IV - 9.97
Fantastic 4 RoTSS - 9.97
Fossil Fighters - 12.97
Guitar Hero OT - 9.97
Guitar Hero OT Decades - 7.97
Guitar Hero OT Modern Hits - 14.97
Imagine: Detective - 7.97
Imagine: Master Ch(i)ef - 14.97
Imagine: Rock Star - 14.97
Legendary Starfy - 12.97
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass - 14.97
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - 9.97
Professor Layton /Curious Village - 14.97
Rhythm Heaven - 7.97
Rock Band 3 - 3.97
Spore Creatures - 7.97
Trauma Center 2 - 9.97
Wario Master of Disguise - 12.97
Ultimate Mortal Kombat - 14.97
DS Car Adapter - 0.97
DS Game Traveller Hello Kitty - 4.97
DS Mini Backpack - 1.97
DS Clean & Protect Kit - 1.97
DSI XL Game Traveller - 9.97

:ps2:PS2

Band Hero Bundle - 59.97 (why this is more than the PS3 ver is beyond me)
Buzz Jr. Robo Jam w/ Buzzers - 5.97
Bratz The Movie - 8.97
GH Smash Hits - 9.97
Hot Shots Tennis - 10.97
Katamari Damacy - 3.97
Motorstorm Artic Edge - 7.97
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles - 7.97
Nicktoons Attack of the Toybots - 9.97
Persona 3 FES - 12.97
Ratchet And Clank Size Matters - 7.97
Rock Band 2 - 7.97
Singstar Abba - 14.97
Singstar 90s w/ Mics - 12.97
Singstar Queen - 14.97
PS2 8MB Memory Card - 14.97
PS2 Controller - 14.97

:ps3:PS3

007 Quantum of Solace - 14.97
Alpha Protocol - 12.97
Band Hero Bundle - 49.97
Def Jam Rapstar - 19.97
Kung Fu Panda - 5.97
Kung Fu Rider - 13.97
Madagascar 2 - 12.97
MLB 09 The Show - 19.97
Ratchet And Clank: CIT - 12.97
Rock Band Green Day - 2.97
Rogue Warrior - 6.97
Singularity - 19.97
Spider Man 3 - 9.97
Wall-E - 14.97
X-Men Wolverine - 12.97

:psp:PSP

ATV Offroad Fury - 14.97
Hannah Montana - 6.97
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee - 6.97
Jean D'Arc - 7.97
Loco Roco - 9.97
Mx vs ATV Untamed - 5.97
Patapon 2 - 0.97
Tom Clancy's Endwar - 14.97

:wii:Wii

007 Quantum of Solace - 14.97
Bee Movie - 14.97
Big League Sports: Summer Games - 9.97
Charm Girls Pajama Party (OH BABY!) - 9.97
Dancing w/ The Stars - 14.97
Dragon Quest Swords - 3.97
Fire Emblem - 24.97
Grand Slam Tennis - 10.97
Last Airbender - 7.97
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - 12.97
Mario Strikers - 14.97
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 11.97
Mercury Meltdown - 0.97
Merv Griffin's Crosswords - 9.97
MX vs ATV Untamed - 12.97
NHL 2k10 - 14.97
NiGHTS Journey of Dreams - 9.97
Rock Band 2 - 7.97
Sim Animals - 12.97
Scarface - 12.97
SSX Blur - 14.97
Transformers 2 RoTF - 9.97
We Love Golf - 7.97
Wii Fit Energy Pack - 4.97
Wii Gamebag - 14.97
Wii Motion Sensing Wand - 14.97
Wii Wand Plus - 19.97
Wii Console White - 149.97
Wii Console Black - 149.97

Keep in mind, it's possible that YMMV. Also when scanning around, I ran across some clearance games that weren't on the list so keep a keen eye out for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... if nobody buys a Wii at my store, maybe I can pick it up cheaper in a few months. It's the old Wii Sports only bundle, correct?

I'm surprised Prey is still $14.97. The game is ancient. It was definitely one of the first games I picked up for the 360.

Saw a couple black Wii's and an Acer 10.1 notebook (#1015PE) that have been in the case marked with clearance tags for a couple months. Might have to scan them this week...

Also found Dark Void :360: for $3.97.

[quote name='imacgod']Hmmm... if nobody buys a Wii at my store, maybe I can pick it up cheaper in a few months. It's the old Wii Sports only bundle, correct?

I'm surprised Prey is still $14.97. The game is ancient. It was definitely one of the first games I picked up for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the specifics of the Black Wii bundle, I should have time to check tomorrow if nobody else knows.

But yeah, Sears has always been behind in terms of competitive pricing. Believe it or not, almost all of those old titles were just slashed from original MSRP prices .

EDIT: The 149.99 Wii bundles are in fact the newer Wii Sports/Resort bundle.

[quote name='david12795']would it make sense to get the metal gear collection even though theyre coming out with the HD remake (ps3) ?[/QUOTE]

You could pick it up for the original Metal Gear Solid if you got a PS3 or a PSOne memory card.

But, I think the game is on PSN, if you prefer a digital copy that is transferable to a PSP.

[quote name='strait edge follower']My last trip to sears near eastford mall in Springfield mass had mirrors edge for the ps3 for 6.99. Good deal as I brought it for my girlfriends younger brother ( he loves free running ). I encourage everyone to try this underrated gem if you haven't already. You will love it ![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I shall look for this. :)

I was wondering if they'd have more chick games since there are a billion of them for guys. Any thing like this, with a girl that shoots, for PS3? They should make this game over and give her a gun. When I checked YouTube, I see her running a lot.

Edit: Just saw her take someone's gun and use it. WOOP!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks! I shall look for this. :)

I was wondering if they'd have more chick games since there are a billion of them for guys. Any thing like this, with a girl that shoots, for PS3? They should make this game over and give her a gun. When I checked YouTube, I see her running a lot.

Edit: Just saw her take someone's gun and use it. WOOP![/QUOTE]
Have you ever played WET? It's very stylized and Ruby does all sorts of John Woo Hong Kong-esque movie diving/rolling moves in the game.

It's a fun title, but only if you're a decent shot.:cry: I'm what you'd call a spray n prayer. I go through like 3 clips to kill a couple of enemies usually, unless I have a sniper rifle and a great hiding spot.;)

bread's done
Back