Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='yepsryd']Went in to Sears today to see a ton of Guitar Hero and DJ Hero 2 bundles. I asked an associate if they price match games. He sad yes as long as they have the ad from the local competitor as a form of proof. I said that was fine and showed him an add from Toys"r"Us stating that all Guitar Hero and DJ Hero bundles were on sale for $10.00. He said "WOW!" This guy was awesome. He didn't even call them to see if they had it in stock. Sears priced matched everything that I got today and then added their PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE which took off some more.

Got:

X2 DJ Hero 2 Bundle (360) $7.50 + tax

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360) $5.00 + tax

Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle (360) $4.00 + tax

Guitar Hero 5 Guitar Bundle (360) $9.19 + tax

Grand Total of $35.72[/QUOTE]

how did u get Guitar hero WoR guitar bundle for $5?

price match $10 x 10%= $1 off of $10 making it $9???

[quote name='The Punisher']how did u get Guitar hero WoR guitar bundle for $5?

price match $10 x 10%= $1 off of $10 making it $9???[/QUOTE]

Could have been at it's $60 Tag still. That would make 60 (sears price)-10(TRU price)= 50 (price difference)x 0.10 (10%, part of the 110% guaruntee)= $5
$10(PMed price) - $5 (10% extra off difference between PM price and sears price) = $5

Remember sears gives 10% extra off the difference in their price and the pm price; not just 10% off the PMed price.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Could have been at it's $60 Tag still. That would make 60 (sears price)-10(TRU price)= 50 (price difference)x 0.10 (10%, part of the 110% guaruntee)= $5
$10(PMed price) - $5 (10% extra off difference between PM price and sears price) = $5

Remember sears gives 10% extra off the difference in their price and the pm price; not just 10% off the PMed price.[/QUOTE]

oh, thanks. never knew that.

I tried that a couple days ago at Sears and got shot down with the call for stock deal :( Maybe I'll try again if there's a different clerk working.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...was it the last one? I was planning on heading there tomorrow just to look for that exact thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was the only one they had. I actually tried all the Sears in our area except the Niagara Falls store. The Amherst Blvd Mall store was dead, the Walden store was OK and has some 360 headsets left for 20 but about it.

Manager in Eastview Mall in Victor, NY just got his ass chewed out by corporate.
My buddy stopped there last week to try to get a silver PS3 controller. Checking online said they had some in stock. He gets there, doesn't see any, asks the girl in electronics to see if there are any in inventory. She looks it up and says nope, all out. My buddy left there crying the tears of a clown.
He stopped in there today and while looking around for clearance stuff, sees four of them on the floor behind the cash wrap. He asks (the same girl as last week) if the controllers were for sale. She said, sorry no, they're on hold. Having been denied holds on clearance items before, he asked how is that if it's Sears policy that clearance items can't be held. She said they're for an employee. That really got his dander up because that's against policy as well. So he asked to see a manager. The manager told him they are allowed to hold items until the end of the day. My buddy said well why is it when I asked for a hockey table to be held until I could come back with a truck I was told I had to pay for it now because there's no hold on clearance items. Manager said they're allowed to hold items for one day. He then asked if they'd ask the employee if they could live with three of them, he only wanted one. Answer was no.
SO long story somewhat shortened, my buddy calls the DM who then called someone above him who then conference called Eastview and listened in as the store manager repeated his line of bullshit to my friend and unknowingly to a high muck a muck.
The head honcho apologized to my friend and told him if he would like to go back to that store, he can pick out any two PS3 controllers and he can have them for $19.97.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Manager in Eastview Mall in Victor, NY just got his ass chewed out by corporate.
My buddy stopped there last week to try to get a silver PS3 controller. Checking online said they had some in stock. He gets there, doesn't see any, asks the girl in electronics to see if there are any in inventory. She looks it up and says nope, all out. My buddy left there crying the tears of a clown.
He stopped in there today and while looking around for clearance stuff, sees four of them on the floor behind the cash wrap. He asks (the same girl as last week) if the controllers were for sale. She said, sorry no, they're on hold. Having been denied holds on clearance items before, he asked how is that if it's Sears policy that clearance items can't be held. She said they're for an employee. That really got his dander up because that's against policy as well. So he asked to see a manager. The manager told him they are allowed to hold items until the end of the day. My buddy said well why is it when I asked for a hockey table to be held until I could come back with a truck I was told I had to pay for it now because there's no hold on clearance items. Manager said they're allowed to hold items for one day. He then asked if they'd ask the employee if they could live with three of them, he only wanted one. Answer was no.
SO long story somewhat shortened, my buddy calls the DM who then called someone above him who then conference called Eastview and listened in as the store manager repeated his line of bullshit to my friend and unknowingly to a high muck a muck.
The head honcho apologized to my friend and told him if he would like to go back to that store, he can pick out any two PS3 controllers and he can have them for $19.97.[/QUOTE]

good. Although the honcho should've just sent him a controller for free.

Should have just taken them when the girl wasn't looking, and walked to another register and paid for them. At least, that's what I'd have done. I have a rule of thumb for Target/Sears: never call, never ask, just do (unless it's illegal, then do not). Most retail employees of any company will tell you no for almost anything because they either are miserable, or they have been told to say no. So don't give them a chance!

I was at a Sears recently and there were a few clearance games stashed near/under a register that an employee obviously wanted. I took what I wanted out of the stash and paid for it at another register.

Moral of the story: If you work at Sears and want to hide things, do a better job of it. I'll loot your stash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kraftwerks']Manager in Eastview Mall in Victor, NY just got his ass chewed out by corporate.
The head honcho apologized to my friend and told him if he would like to go back to that store, he can pick out any two PS3 controllers and he can have them for $19.97.[/QUOTE]

A few of the guys at Eastview Sears have been cool over the years - sucks that they're treating folks like that now.

[quote name='kraftwerks']

sweet tell him you want to preorder the resistance 3 bundles for $19.97.

So why is the Sears gaming section phasing out..? Why aren't people buying from them? Oh yea, because their Customer service SUCKS!!!!!

If it weren't for people ages 40 and over buying appliances from Sears, they would have been out of business years ago. Sears is dying a slow and painful death. But I don't mind milking them til the last drop.

While they are annoying, realize that if they were competent and organized, there would be far less clearance opportunities for us.

Looool so that's where the ps3 controllers were, one of the workers tried to help me find them like a week and a half ago...went to the backroom and everything but came up with nada. Oh well, glad that your friend was at least able to get a couple controllers

[quote name='Rajj']While they are annoying, realize that if they were competent and organized, there would be far less clearance opportunities for us.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, but alot of people dont grasp this concept. Btw the controller story was great, im glad the dude got his controller.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Yeah it was the only one they had. I actually tried all the Sears in our area except the Niagara Falls store. The Amherst Blvd Mall store was dead, the Walden store was OK and has some 360 headsets left for 20 but about it.[/QUOTE]

Haha...oh well. Thanks for saving me the trip(s), at least. I've been to those in the last 2 or 3 weeks, too (looking for PS3 stuff)...not too much luck but did grab Saw for $15 and Rock Band 2 and Dark Void for $4 a piece at Eastern Hills. Just didn't know about the dualshocks when I went.

Somebody said Sear's game department is phasing out? Is that true at a corporate level or was he just saying it seems that way since it has in quite a few of the stores (the one closest to me still has it but the one a little further out got rid of it a couple years ago).

Sears IS still a good store, it's just their customer service and organization can blow. As for pricing they're hard to beat since they price match and often have the best deal anyway. Plus for appliances they're hard to beat too, especially if you have a Sears card.

[quote name='JKSonic']Somebody said Sear's game department is phasing out? Is that true at a corporate level or was he just saying it seems that way since it has in quite a few of the stores (the one closest to me still has it but the one a little further out got rid of it a couple years ago).

Sears IS still a good store, it's just their customer service and organization can blow. As for pricing they're hard to beat since they price match and often have the best deal anyway. Plus for appliances they're hard to beat too, especially if you have a Sears card.[/QUOTE]

You basically just said their gaming division sucks, and they should exist for appliances.

Speaking of corrupt employees, I was in one of their stores, found some games, and was checking out. The checkout guy stuck on the price protection plan for $4.50 without even asking me. I called him out on it and told him to remove it. He then actually said, and I am not kidding or exaggerating, "Can't get anything by you!".

I don't know, if I was caught trying to steal from someone, I would at least apologize.

He's been better behaved since then and actually helpful.

Just saw at my sears that they had a bunch of ps2 games under a counter , the same one they said was clearance stuff that actually rang up normal price, any ps2 games worth getting to flip? the first one i saw was katmari damacy. Also they had a warriors of rock guitar bundle and tried to price match and he said no cause i didn't have the ad, and they were not in stock. So asked for the price he said 56.99 and said it should have been lower so goes back and check and says its no longer being produced but thats the price.

Also saw the first bluetooth headset that was clearance out but it had a new paper label scan and was 49.99. is that right?

[quote name='elessar123']You basically just said their gaming division sucks, and they should exist for appliances.[/QUOTE]

Electronics and appliances, yeah. I bought two of my last 4 TV's at Sears and got the best price (plus 10% of the price difference) in the process. Also bought our last appliance set there, again, at great prices and no interest with our Sears card.

I'm just curious is all, if they actually are phasing out the gaming departments.

When I was at a local Sears last week, there was a district manager-type who was chewing out a gaming department employee for the lack of organization and outdated price tags. He was pointing to schematics which, from the context of their conversation, sounded like plans for a reorganization of gaming departments on a district level. This is vague anecdotal evidence, but it might suggest that at least some districts are aware of the problems and might be planning to do something about it.

My Sears is more organized now. They have all the clearance games in a bin and budget priced titles in another bin. I kind of feel bad for my local Sears nobody really shops there when compared to Kmart or Target in my area. If I had money, I'd buy more from there just to support the underdog.

First time seeing a clearance tower on the floor. Anyway this is ymmv.

I saw a rack that said everything here is 70% off. had ds lite (.50) and dsi charger (1.97) some camera stuff, some bs crap, and xbox 360 250GB harddrive. ( there was a tag the the harddrive was on a peg hook lock)

I got the 250 GB harddrive for $42.40 with tax. Is that good? This is YMMV of course. Not offen find deals at sears.

[quote name='chatgirl4']:ps2: memory cards dropped to $3.47[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the PS2 Controllers dropped as well. I got a few of them.

[quote name='The Punisher']First time seeing a clearance tower on the floor. Anyway this is ymmv.

I saw a rack that said everything here is 70% off. had ds lite (.50) and dsi charger (1.97) some camera stuff, some bs crap, and xbox 360 250GB harddrive. ( there was a tag the the harddrive was on a peg hook lock)

I got the 250 GB harddrive for $42.40 with tax. Is that good? This is YMMV of course. Not offen find deals at sears.[/QUOTE]

I would think that $42.XX for the 250 gb HD is a decent deal. The 60 GB HD with the headset and 3 month Live card was going for $20. The 250 GB HD doesn't have any of the accessories but its +4 X the size of the 60 GB drive at a little over twice the cost so in my book that's a good deal.

I had picked up one of the 120 GH HDs from Blockbuster during their clearance a while back and that was only $15 but those were tough to find.

[quote name='borg20001']I would think that $42.XX for the 250 gb HD is a decent deal. The 60 GB HD with the headset and 3 month Live card was going for $20. The 250 GB HD doesn't have any of the accessories but its +4 X the size of the 60 GB drive at a little over twice the cost so in my book that's a good deal.

I had picked up one of the 120 GH HDs from Blockbuster during their clearance a while back and that was only $15 but those were tough to find.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I too got a 60GB from sears, but going to return it because no one here needs 1 in my area. I already have 2 headsets and got xbox live card. (xbox live 3 month cards x5)
What do u mean dont have any accessories?

I couldnt find the 120gb at blockbuster, but picked up some great finds: Yoda plush $1.97, Frames for $3, DS lite red $50, Sony bluetooth $4, etc.

So if the 120Gb was $15, then i pay the difference of $12 to get a 250GB. Not bad i guess.

I don't have any problems with Sears but everyone shops at Walmart and Target here. Kmart here is a disgusting mess with the occasional good clearance but their prices are 2x as high as Walmart and Target on most everyday items. They consistently have outdated food items on the shelves, have horribly long lines and the staff has the most disgruntled looks on their faces. All the Sears stores I have been in, in this area are nice though.

[quote name='Floopy']Should have just taken them when the girl wasn't looking, and walked to another register and paid for them. At least, that's what I'd have done. I have a rule of thumb for Target/Sears: never call, never ask, just do (unless it's illegal, then do not). Most retail employees of any company will tell you no for almost anything because they either are miserable, or they have been told to say no. So don't give them a chance!

I was at a Sears recently and there were a few clearance games stashed near/under a register that an employee obviously wanted. I took what I wanted out of the stash and paid for it at another register.

Moral of the story: If you work at Sears and want to hide things, do a better job of it. I'll loot your stash.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You cant be a shy person and Cag well. You just do unless LP comes up and grabs your hand... and to be honest thatll never happen. There have been countless times Ive taken stacks of clearance stuff from registers... most likely unfairly held.

On the other side of the ball. I worked in Sears Electronics all last summer. Learned alot of valuable system tricks like Transfer Sale (not sure why Cags dont use this more). But also when I hid stuff, I hid it so it was never to be found. If I hid something in the open and someone grabbed it, it was my fault and smart for them.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Exactly. You cant be a shy person and Cag well. You just do unless LP comes up and grabs your hand... and to be honest thatll never happen. There have been countless times Ive taken stacks of clearance stuff from registers... most likely unfairly held.

On the other side of the ball. I worked in Sears Electronics all last summer. Learned alot of valuable system tricks like Transfer Sale (not sure why Cags dont use this more). But also when I hid stuff, I hid it so it was never to be found. If I hid something in the open and someone grabbed it, it was my fault and smart for them.[/QUOTE]

How does the Transfer Sale work?

From looking online a Transfer Sale seems to be where you purchase an item at one location and then go to another store in that same franchise to pick it up. For example, if the Sears across town had Silly Bandz for $.49 you could buy it from them and pick it up at the location nearby. This is probably best on clearance prices that may vary by store.

Yes sorry I should have explained.

You can cash out a product at one store and pick it up at another store. This works when one store has a $4 game but its OOS but its $4 in their system. However down the road a store has the game in stock but its 40$. So you cash it out at the $4 store and pick up at the 40$ store.

Its sort of an easier return rebuy style way of getting what you want. I should mention its sorta hard to do unless you know what youre talking about. Most of the time I have to walk the eomployee through it. And you have to have the Sears item number beforehand.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Yes sorry I should have explained.

You can cash out a product at one store and pick it up at another store. This works when one store has a $4 game but its OOS but its $4 in their system. However down the road a store has the game in stock but its 40$. So you cash it out at the $4 store and pick up at the 40$ store.

Its sort of an easier return rebuy style way of getting what you want. I should mention its sorta hard to do unless you know what youre talking about. Most of the time I have to walk the eomployee through it. And you have to have the Sears item number beforehand.[/QUOTE]

That is a sexy sexy move. I shall use it.

So I went to my local Sears in Springfield MO, and i picked up my PS3 Warriors of rock guitar bundle to have the guy in electronics price match. I walked over to this gentleman and said.. "hey you guys price match right?" and he shot me down instantly and didn't even try. Stating that Sears doesn't price match videogames, hardware and especially not items on closeout. He pointed to the sticker on my game and it was 29.99. I of course being stupid and not checking the policy before I left took it for gospel.. but not before expressing my displeasure that people all over the US are able to price match these and I see them posting about it online. He refused and I left pissed.

I get home and get on the sears site and find this:

Exclusions

Sears will not price match competitors’ items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day, or offered for sale during Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, the weekend after Thanksgiving, and the Monday after Thanksgiving. Sears will not price match competitors’ or our websites bonus or free offers, special offers, bundled offers, rebates, financing offers, coupons, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitors’ prices that result from a price match. Photo copies of advertisements or receipts will not be accepted as verification of competitor pricing.

This is the exception list to the policy and it clearly states they don't pricematch competitor closeouts not their own store closeouts. I looked at the toysrus and it says nothing about closeout. So I crafted myself a nice letter on the sears website stating policy and the store etc... and that the sale would most likely be over and my local toysrus would probably be out of stock by the time they replied but that I was pissed.

I dunno if anything will get done from this, but hey it was worth a shot.

Rob

Oh man, awesome finds today. (Found a gold mine of a store on my first day back in town).

PS3

Alpha Protocol 4.97 (They also had the 360 version for 9.99)
Socom Confrontation Bundle 4.97 (Was buried in a game case behind other games)

Xbox 360

Red Faction Guerilla 4.97
Devil May Cry 4 5.97
Elder Scrolls Oblivion 4.97
Soul Calibur 4 4.97 (This one shocked me, since it still had a 19.99 tag on it, along with Oblivion)
Metro 2033 4.97

Also saw a bunch of other stuff, like the 360 Black Wireless Controller with the 4 XBLA games for 19.97 (They had like 6 of them, so i'll wait it out), also saw the 60 Gig 360 HDD Bundle, Rhythm Heaven for 4.97, bunch of older titles for 4.97-14.99, and some Rock Band/Guitar Hero Band sets for 19.99-29.99.

I just hate the damn fact that 99% of the games were massively incorrectly priced (Like Metro 2033 not even having a clearance sticker, and still saying 29.99), along with the fact that most of the games were thrown in this container that made them near impossible to shift through, along with having to deal with the horrible employee's for constant price checks. (I was pretty sure Sear's employee's only got paid to chat near the T.V's

The biggest thing about the Guitar Hero bundles is that they are actually on clearance in Sears sytems. Even though the pirce ends in a 9 (59.99 at most) but it comes up as CLX on the computer which is odd.

[quote name='xDerekRx']The biggest thing about the Guitar Hero bundles is that they are actually on clearance in Sears sytems. Even though the pirce ends in a 9 (59.99 at most) but it comes up as CLX on the computer which is odd.[/QUOTE]

Its wierd though, i had seen people in this topic getting the newer ones for less than 10$ (Which i had them scan all the ones i didnt already own), and they ALL came up for upwards of 39.99, except for the DJ Hero 1 Bundle, and the ones that were actually marked on sale.

I got two Wii Motion Plus' and Link's Crossbow Training at the Wilmington Sears for 2.49 a piece. The Wii Motion Plus deal was awesome since I had bought two at BB the day before.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Also saw a bunch of other stuff, like the 360 Black Wireless Controller with the 4 XBLA games for 19.97 (They had like 6 of them, so i'll wait it out), also saw the 60 Gig 360 HDD Bundle, Rhythm Heaven for 4.97, bunch of older titles for 4.97-14.99, and some Rock Band/Guitar Hero Band sets for 19.99-29.99.

I just hate the damn fact that 99% of the games were massively incorrectly priced (Like Metro 2033 not even having a clearance sticker, and still saying 29.99), along with the fact that most of the games were thrown in this container that made them near impossible to shift through, along with having to deal with the horrible employee's for constant price checks. (I was pretty sure Sear's employee's only got paid to chat near the T.V's

I would have grabbed that 20$ Controller Bundle if it werent for the fact that im planning to get the Gear's 3 Console bundle next month, and i just dont have a need for that many controllers.

Plus, i think the store is pretty empty most of the time. Its hidden in a small mall that looks pretty barren.

Scored Punch Out! For $10 and Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts for $5. There was a bunch of Nintendo published games in the bin but only Animal Crossing Wii was $10. I hope the rest of the games go down soon. I am new to Sears clearance, about how often do the prices go down.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh man, awesome finds today. (Found a gold mine of a store on my first day back in town).

PS3

Alpha Protocol 4.97 (They also had the 360 version for 9.99)
Socom Confrontation Bundle 4.97 (Was buried in a game case behind other games)

Xbox 360

Red Faction Guerilla 4.97
Devil May Cry 4 5.97
Elder Scrolls Oblivion 4.97
Soul Calibur 4 4.97 (This one shocked me, since it still had a 19.99 tag on it, along with Oblivion)
Metro 2033 4.97

Also saw a bunch of other stuff, like the 360 Black Wireless Controller with the 4 XBLA games for 19.97 (They had like 6 of them, so i'll wait it out), also saw the 60 Gig 360 HDD Bundle, Rhythm Heaven for 4.97, bunch of older titles for 4.97-14.99, and some Rock Band/Guitar Hero Band sets for 19.99-29.99.

bread's done
Back