Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Havokscry']After reading all the great deals, I took a ride to my local Sears last Monday hoping to build on my game collection. They had an extra 50% table, but only had Fight Night Round 3 for the PS3 for $7.50 and NBA 2K10 for PS3 for $5. I looked in the case and noticed the "extra 33% off on all clearance items" signs. The associate informed me that anything with a pink sticker would qualify. Nothing really grabbed me, until I saw a few Nintendo 3DS systems with pink stickers. The price was $169.99. Someone pink stickered the systems by mistake when they reduced the price. Needless to say the manager was rather angry at this individual. To make matters worse, the 33% deal had expired the previous Saturday and someone forgot to take the signs down. The final price for the 3DS was $119, which includes tax.[/QUOTE]

So they honored it? If so that's amazing...that means they not only honored it being mis-stickered, but also honored sale signs that hadn't been taken down.

[quote name='JKSonic']So they honored it? If so that's amazing...that means they not only honored it being mis-stickered, but also honored sale signs that hadn't been taken down.[/QUOTE]

They did. The manager who adjusted the price was rather irrate. He told the associate that rang me up that he wanted those stickers removed immediately, he wanted the signs taken down, and he wanted to know who priced the 3DS's.

I just picked up a copy of Persona 3 with artbook for 19.97 plus tax at Middleburg Hts. OH location. This store does their own thing with clearance prices but if you're local there are a bunch of them in the case.

[quote name='could have won']I just picked up a copy of Persona 3 with artbook for 19.97 plus tax at Middleburg Hts. OH location. This store does their own thing with clearance prices but if you're local there are a bunch of them in the case.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. Those disappear over a year ago. The FPS 9no art book) was clearance for $6.97

[quote name='could have won']I just picked up a copy of Persona 3 with artbook for 19.97 plus tax at Middleburg Hts. OH location. This store does their own thing with clearance prices but if you're local there are a bunch of them in the case.[/QUOTE]

Is it the FES version with the artbook or regular persona 3 with artbook?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']There's also a Sears by Oakridge Mall off of Blossom Hill in San Jose, CA. Then there's another Sears by Eastridge Mall off of Tully Rd in San Jose, CA. And another Sears in Newpark Mall in Newark, CA.

I think that really sums up the South Bay fairly well.

I decided to pick up their wired 360 controllers. Got tired of finding batteries and to improve input response by eliminating wireless lag. I don't know about some folks, but damn, playing on wired controllers makes a noticeable difference!! I'm gonna set aside my wireless ones for relaxed, casual, single-player games. And go full blown wired for online competitive play.[/QUOTE]

what was the price on the wired controllers?

Well, I went to my local store and picked up a couple of $4.97 games, but did not see anything too exciting. I did see Xbox Wireless N adapters for $19.99 marked down from $79 though. These are the versions in the blister pack. Seems like a good deal.....

[quote name='jmman']Well, I went to my local store and picked up a couple of $4.97 games, but did not see anything too exciting. I did see Xbox Wireless N adapters for $19.99 marked down from $79 though. These are the versions in the blister pack. Seems like a good deal.....[/QUOTE]

What were the $4.97 games?

Forza 2 complete collection for Xbox 360 and a Pinball game for DS (actually rang up $3.97). For some reason they also gave me another 15% discount.......

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']what was the price on the wired controllers?[/QUOTE]

Its the weirdest thing but the wired controllers around me went BACK UP to 27.97. They were 19.97 last month. It was 27.97 at 2 different stores.

[quote name='jmman']Forza 2 complete collection for Xbox 360 and a Pinball game for DS (actually rang up $3.97). For some reason they also gave me another 15% discount.......[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Went to a nearby Sears due to boredom at the mall and picked up a few good deals:
Patapon 2 $.97
Professor Layton and the Curious Village $4.97
Hotel Dusk $3.97
LoZ Twilight Princess Wii $4.97
No More Heroes $2.97 (a bit opened and the plastic is beat up)

I thought it was a pretty good pick up. I passed on Condemned Plat Hits for $4 and Stranglehold for $5. There was another Twilight Princess for $5 but I didn't pick it up. Weird thing was that they had the regular edition for $5 and the new Platinum Hits one with the new box art for $20.

[quote name='jmman']Well, I went to my local store and picked up a couple of $4.97 games, but did not see anything too exciting. I did see Xbox Wireless N adapters for $19.99 marked down from $79 though. These are the versions in the blister pack. Seems like a good deal.....[/QUOTE]

I'd so buy one of those $20. Google shopping says it is sold out at my local Sears. :( I can't believe that the Wireless G version is still so expensive, even with so many people jumping onto the newer Xbox 360 with the built-in wireless N adapter.

Got back from my trip last night and like I expected, I only had enough time to check the Hayward store at the Southland Mall. That place has been picked clean. There were maybe five different games and I didn't care about any of them. I picked up a copy of Jumper (X360) for $2.97 just because I'm missing a few achievements and that's cheaper than renting it. And I grabbed Singstar: Queen (PS2) for $4.97 for my wife.

On an up note, I found a Royal digital photo fridge magnet (holds something like 59 pictures) for only 97 cents. And there was a cool little backyard ring toss-type game for 99 cents (marked down from $12.99). I bought 5 of them; one for us and the rest to give away at Christmas.

There were some awesome baby clothes for less than $2, but they were way too small for my little guy.

[quote name='FusionHype']Went to a nearby Sears due to boredom at the mall and picked up a few good deals:
Patapon 2 $.97
Hotel Dusk $3.97
[/QUOTE]
I'm very jealous.

Went to sears today and looked at this rack i had never looked at before cause i thought were all nintendo stuff.

Saw:
Alpha Protocal x4
Oblivion with beige cover x2
Bayonetta
don't remember the other one

ps3
White Knight Cronicles
Infamous GH
Darksiders
Kungfu Rider
Enslaved
Rogue Warrior
Prince of Persia FS

The only ones that were 5 bucks and below was Kungfu Rider 4.79 and Rogue Warrior 2.79.

The other games were on clearance but came up over 19.99.

I thought darksiders, wkc, and pop were supposed to be sub-5

They had a whole new rack of clearance games at a Sears I visited yesterday, FYI it seems like the first Sunday of every month is when they do the markdowns here, I saw the same lady doing the markdowns as I did last month. Perhaps its the same for everyone else.

The only cheapish thing I saw was the KungFu game for PS3 with move support for 4.97. They also had an additional 33% off Rock Band, Band Hero and Guitar Hero bundles. I believe I did see Bayonetta for the Xbox 360 but it was marked something like $22. They also had professor layton and the curious village for like $22. I saw the 360 network adapters but they weren't on clearance.

There is some clearance in the HDTV aisle so I would definitely check there for deals if you usually don't.

Clothes were an additional 30% off the clearance price plus a 15% off coupon that was in the papers I believe for the weekend only, the 15% off coupon was not valid on games or electronics however. I am not sure how much longer they had additional 30% off clothes for.

Here's a price update, don't know if someone mentioned this dropping last month or not:

:ps3:Dragon Age: Origins-$22.97(marked $24.97 w/ July sticker)

So yeah, it went down a whole $2. :whee:

While there I dug around the clearance bin and found their display model PStwo system(no wires or anything with it) with a sticker on it marked $39.99.:lol:

I passed on that since I still have the :ps2:Toy Story 3 bundle I got from Target for $50 about 5 months ago and my $60 60gb PS3 from 6 months ago.

But I did pick up a Uniden single handset cordless phone w/ speakerphone n answering machine functions on it for $8.97 since my current one's battery is essentially borked(holds a charge for only an hour then it's dead/dying:roll:).

I think the white wired xbox 360 controller was also down to around $22 instead of 29.97. I am not sure if the white Wii standard console went down any but there were a couple left.

Anyone have any idea if the hdd inside the 60gb 360 hdd's is a sata laptop drive or not? I'm debating keeping one of the two kits I grabbed last month for $20 each to have as a spare if my 60gb PS3's hdd goes kaput.

I did the google shopping thing for the microsoft xbox wireless N adapters as well as the wireless G adapters (maybe I'm doing it wrong because they don't even show the option for Nearby Stores - even after I plugged in a couple of zip codes that I frequent. So it doesn't look like the wireless N and G adpaters clearance price reductions do not exist in my B&M Sears stores.

Were these the White colored adapters or the black colored ones?

Update, had to scroll down further on the page, but only the black one (wireless N) lists local stores for me and none are in stock in any of the Sears near me and Google is showing them listed as $79.99 even though they are out of stock so deal prolly never hit my region.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anyone have any idea if the hdd inside the 60gb 360 hdd's is a sata laptop drive or not? I'm debating keeping one of the two kits I grabbed last month for $20 each to have as a spare if my 60gb PS3's hdd goes kaput.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is, you can use it on your laptop.

Like others I scanned a few items on Friday and several 14.97 games dropped to 12.97. Wireless headset for 360 was still 19.97. Odd thing is that google shopping is still not updated which was how I was gonna check other items that were locked up. Maybe I'll just make a upc sheet and scan it in store.

[quote name='shinclyde']Indeed it is, you can use it on your laptop.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I ended up returning the two :360:60gb HDD kits I bought last month a bit earlier today. But if they drop to $5-10 I'll pick them back up for some spare HDD's and likely just give the XBL Gold cards to my buddies' nephew who has a 360.

*sigh* Sears can be so silly...Halo 3...one of the original packagings (had the do not display until x/x/2007 sticker on it) - $30...

Seriously???

[quote name='caldazar']*sigh* Sears can be so silly...Halo 3...one of the original packagings (had the do not display until x/x/2007 sticker on it) - $30...

Seriously???[/QUOTE]

WOW is it RARE ??? how much is it worth ?? ......... ( like i care)

[quote name='NipPicker']WOW is it RARE ??? how much is it worth ?? ......... ( like i care)[/QUOTE]

Unlikely...I was just looking to see if it was cheap enough to be worth buying - and the answer was? No

I went to the Sears downtown Chicago in the south loop and saw
iconxbox360.gif
Lips bundles(Two wireless mic and the game) for $9.94 they had 3 left.

[quote name='NipPicker']WOW is it RARE ??? how much is it worth ?? ......... ( like i care)[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 was at a local one in it's original sleeve with the do not open before tag on it. Rang up $49.99. The Cashier ,that knew nothing about games, even laughed at a game that had "do not sell before 8/28/08" on it being $50.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Fallout 3 was at a local one in it's original sleeve with the do not open before tag on it. Rang up $49.99. The Cashier ,that knew nothing about games, even laughed at a game that had "do not sell before 8/28/08" on it being $50.[/QUOTE]

Same as my store lol they still have wired controllers on clearance for $27 dropped a whole $1 from last month amazing

Well the sears I liked to go to "updated" everything and thus got rid of it's huge lot of :ps2: goodness. I was waiting for the right day to go in there and buy up most of it for cheap and it came and went just like that.

I am sad.

Apparently my Sears that had the sealed Persona 3 with artbook and soundtrack, put it on the clearance rack and sold it near instantly. I was looking forward to that dropping for a while.

:( To Amazon I go.

[quote name='snowmint']So anyone know the price of the hanna montana PSP at Sears?[/QUOTE]

The price is your dignity.

But seriously, google shows that most of my sears don't have it, but the one that does, has it for $149.

[quote name='drmanhattan445']Stopped in my local sears tonight. Only thing I found was a couple employees watching TV and unwilling to scan some games.[/QUOTE]

At that point you have to be assertive to them or threaten to call up management (and if they still won't scan the games, actually call up management.) I'm sure after that they will be willing to do their job.

[quote name='Rozz']At that point you have to be assertive to them or threaten to call up management (and if they still won't scan the games, actually call up management.) I'm sure after that they will be willing to do their job.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There is a difference between being a d:bouncy:ck and being assertive. If you ask and they refuse, ask a little more forcefully. If they still refuse, then it's their issue, not yours.

Also:

[quote name='scottman']The price is your dignity.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Did someone say that they found a wireless N router on clearance? If so, what model/SKU (hoping it was a Linksys brand...).

Thanks.

[quote name='shieryda']Did someone say that they found a wireless N router on clearance? If so, what model/SKU (hoping it was a Linksys brand...).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think someone said that they picked up the XBox 360 Wireless N Adapter for the older consoles, but I have not found any around my area, let alone for the reported $20 he said he got it for.

All the Google shop listings in my area show Sears, $79.99 - out of stock

[quote name='nbballard']It's FRIDAY! Lets see some drops, people![/QUOTE]

Alright. Time to haze the new kid...

Drops come first Friday of every month (unless it is the 1st or 2nd day of the month or something like that).

But if you don't read the last few pages then by all means go find those drops for us.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Apparently my Sears that had the sealed Persona 3 with artbook and soundtrack, put it on the clearance rack and sold it near instantly. I was looking forward to that dropping for a while.

:( To Amazon I go.[/QUOTE]

Still $49.99 at my Sears.

[quote name='bgame2']May nbballard missed them because they were so underwhelming.[/QUOTE]

True... So true... Sad because I look forward to that first Friday to see what I can snag.

Local sears had a table for extra 50% off "closeout" stuff. Not much to choose from, but I did get :ps2: Hot Shots Tennis for 2.49 and :360: Brutal Legend for 99 cents. I already have BL for :ps3:, but I couldn't just leave the guy there. There were a couple TomTom GPS units for $45, but I passed.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Alright. Time to haze the new kid...

Drops come first Friday of every month (unless it is the 1st or 2nd day of the month or something like that).
[/QUOTE]

Well the first friday was the 2nd day of the month, wasn't it? ;)

bread's done
Back