Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Rozz']At that point you have to be assertive to them or threaten to call up management (and if they still won't scan the games, actually call up management.) I'm sure after that they will be willing to do their job.[/QUOTE]
They could also do one of those receipt surveys too. That method worked well for me.;)

My local Sears had some Rock Band 2 band bundles, including a rare Wii version, and a Guitar Hero World Tour band bundle, all on clearance for $100.

That's still too high for games over 2 years old.

Picked up Condemned for $4 and managed to find a xbox control with 4 arcade games bundle for $20.

Just waiting for PoP: forgotten sands and Splinter cell conviction to drop I'm tied of seeing it for $20 everywhere.

[quote name='Havokscry']After reading all the great deals, I took a ride to my local Sears last Monday hoping to build on my game collection. They had an extra 50% table, but only had Fight Night Round 3 for the PS3 for $7.50 and NBA 2K10 for PS3 for $5. I looked in the case and noticed the "extra 33% off on all clearance items" signs. The associate informed me that anything with a pink sticker would qualify. Nothing really grabbed me, until I saw a few Nintendo 3DS systems with pink stickers. The price was $169.99. Someone pink stickered the systems by mistake when they reduced the price. Needless to say the manager was rather angry at this individual. To make matters worse, the 33% deal had expired the previous Saturday and someone forgot to take the signs down. The final price for the 3DS was $119, which includes tax.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='borg20001']I think someone said that they picked up the XBox 360 Wireless N Adapter for the older consoles, but I have not found any around my area, let alone for the reported $20 he said he got it for.

All the Google shop listings in my area show Sears, $79.99 - out of stock[/QUOTE]

Showing up at 19.97 at one Sears in my area but "Limited Available" Eh. Not worth the drive for me since I don't have a need for it. =(

Yeah, just to confirm, I had to have someone look up the price on that wireless adapter because it was marked $79.99 but rang up $19.97 at my local (Little Rock) Sears. I think I grabbed the last one though.
Just in time for me as my wall socket adapters finally gave out on me.

[quote name='synsinsyn']Picked up Condemned for $4 and managed to find a xbox control with 4 arcade games bundle for $20.

Just waiting for PoP: forgotten sands and Splinter cell conviction to drop I'm tied of seeing it for $20 everywhere.[/QUOTE]I saw pop at bbv for $10 the other day. You might check there.

[quote name='drmanhattan445']Stopped at the local Sears this afternoon and saw

Dark Sector PS3 -$59.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Wow... I think I picked that up for $10 at BestBuy about 2 years ago lol

[quote name='frowninclown']This.[/QUOTE]

About the 3DS
Man, deal of the year at least probably for you, you are very lucky to get this!

Was at my local sears and found some black xbox 360 play n charge kits (in old packaging the plastic ones) for $4.97 so I picked up all 3 and i found a PS2 Memory Card (sony brand) for $0.97 lol so i just got it for the hell of it.

Funny enough they had the same play n charge kits in white but they rang up as $17 so i didnt get those. Also none in stock but I saw a place for Wireless N Adaptors for 360 microsoft brand for $10

I just hit a Sears that had massive clearance in the electronics dept., some cheap games but the packaging was very broken on them and I just didn't trust the games to actually be inside the case. Especially since I have seen a lot of stolen games at Sears and Kmart.

As far as the clearance there was a large shelf of lots of misc. electronics merchandise, everything from iPod docks to basic MP3 players to cables.

One notable thing which I bought was a Philips 6 Foot HDMI cables for $5.97, these cables were regular $30. This cable was not gold plated but does it really matter? I am not using it on a 3D TV but I do plan on using it for the Xbox 360, the cable is labeled for gaming and it has a picture of a fake Xbox 360 on the package. There was another RCA HDMI cable, which was gold plated there but it had no price and the clerk could not find a price for it.

It might also be worth noting that they had a lot of AV cables, stereo cables, and coax cables for VERY cheap prices, like $1-5.

I know I can get HDMI cables at monoprice cheap but these were a brand name and were very cheap considering the original price. I don't think its possible to find a HDMI cable for $6 at a retail store.

PS2 Memory cards are still 4.97 here, still not a bad price if you want a new, factory sealed one.

The cable should be fine, I got an Intec brand cable along with a Blu Ray Remote and Blu Ray (I forget what it was but I sold it on EBay for $10) for $12.48 at Target a couple of years ago and I wasn't sure how good it would be but it works without a problem.

My Sears cut all of their clearance games by 50%. There were some good things in there like Monster Hunter Tri, Bayonetta and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box for $12.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The cable should be fine, I got an Intec brand cable along with a Blu Ray Remote and Blu Ray (I forget what it was but I sold it on EBay for $10) for $12.48 at Target a couple of years ago and I wasn't sure how good it would be but it works without a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there was another thread on here discussing the fact that cheap HDMI cables are no good (even though its apparently supposed either work or not) so I figured going with this one was a better bet than getting the cheap stuff. I think you can get a cable at big lots or ollie's here for 9.99 but I really don't need a fancy one so this will do just fine. I will have to order component wii cables from monoprice though unless I find some deal on component for the Wii at retail. But I am not paying retail for Wii component cables and I hear the Nyko HD link is not very good anyways and costs $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in to Sears on Friday and picked up Fight Night Round 3 for the PS3 for $2.50. I noticed that on the pink clearance stickers it had SEP. I'm not sure if that means that it's their September mark down. I did notice that after the whole 3DS mishap, an employee pink stickered both a Black and White Wii bundle.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah there was another thread on here discussing the fact that cheap HDMI cables are no good (even though its apparently supposed either work or not) so I figured going with this one was a better bet than getting the cheap stuff. I think you can get a cable at big lots or ollie's here for 9.99 but I really don't need a fancy one so this will do just fine. I will have to order component wii cables from monoprice though unless I find some deal on component for the Wii at retail. But I am not paying retail for Wii component cables and I hear the Nyko HD link is not very good anyways and costs $20.[/QUOTE]

I've been using a no-name HDMI cable for years (and it's been unplugged and replugged hundreds of times) and it works just as good as day one.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah there was another thread on here discussing the fact that cheap HDMI cables are no good (even though its apparently supposed either work or not) so I figured going with this one was a better bet than getting the cheap stuff. I think you can get a cable at big lots or ollie's here for 9.99 but I really don't need a fancy one so this will do just fine. I will have to order component wii cables from monoprice though unless I find some deal on component for the Wii at retail. But I am not paying retail for Wii component cables and I hear the Nyko HD link is not very good anyways and costs $20.[/QUOTE]

This is news to me. I thought all HDMI cables were the same.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about what you mean by the Nyko HD link cables?

I bought some Nyko brand component cables recently for less than $20 after taxes. I haven't used them yet and don't expect them to be better than official cables.

[quote name='Rozz']I've been using a no-name HDMI cable for years (and it's been unplugged and replugged hundreds of times) and it works just as good as day one.[/QUOTE]

Same, i'm always going from PS3 to my displayport for MAC. I figure even if it break it would cost me another 5 dollars. Still better than getting 1 20 dollar cable.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is news to me. I thought all HDMI cables were the same.

I bought some Nyko brand component cables recently for less than $20 after taxes. I haven't used them yet and don't expect them to be better than official cables.[/QUOTE]

They are the same... Just like gold connectors are better being a major myth.

In reality, gold is better versus copper when contacts corrode. If that happens, the environment would be toxic enough that the cable will probably still outlast you.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is news to me. I thought all HDMI cables were the same.

I bought some Nyko brand component cables recently for less than $20 after taxes. I haven't used them yet and don't expect them to be better than official cables.[/QUOTE]

The Nyko HD link is name of the component cable for the Wii system sold at retail. You can buy Wii component cables for $3-5 from monoprice.

There is a 6 page thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302143&highlight=amazon+HDMI&page=4

Discussing the quality of HDMI cables, some do have quality issues, which is also news to me as I assumed it either works or it doesn't.

Went back to Sears in Capitola Ca and they marked all clearance games down to $5. Most of the good stuff (Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Wii, 3D dot heroes) was already gone but I picked up Bayonetta for $5. They also had Rock Band 3 with keyboard for $20. The only games left that seemed to be worth the $5 were Saw and Brain Age 2.

[quote name='eliter1']Went back to Sears in Capitola Ca and they marked all clearance games down to $5. Most of the good stuff (Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Wii, 3D dot heroes) was already gone but I picked up Bayonetta for $5. They also had Rock Band 3 with keyboard for $20. The only games left that seemed to be worth the $5 were Saw and Brain Age 2.[/QUOTE]

Damn...RB3 alone is already $20.

[quote name='elessar123']They are the same... Just like gold connectors are better being a major myth.

In reality, gold is better versus copper when contacts corrode. If that happens, the environment would be toxic enough that the cable will probably still outlast you.
[/QUOTE]

I've had crappy metal start to corrode on many things. I live on a peninsula and I'm about 30 miles from the ocean on one side and around 30 from the bay on the other...so we have very humid/salty air. To say that gold being a better option is a myth is ignorant to the fact that environments are different.

Also I've noticed big differences in quality from the way the pins are put together. I had one connector actually come off when a Comcast guy was at my house testing things out...

[quote name='eliter1']Went back to Sears in Capitola Ca and they marked all clearance games down to $5. Most of the good stuff (Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Wii, 3D dot heroes) was already gone but I picked up Bayonetta for $5. They also had Rock Band 3 with keyboard for $20. The only games left that seemed to be worth the $5 were Saw and Brain Age 2.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta for which system?

[quote name='JKSonic']I've had crappy metal start to corrode on many things. I live on a peninsula and I'm about 30 miles from the ocean on one side and around 30 from the bay on the other...so we have very humid/salty air. To say that gold being a better option is a myth is ignorant to the fact that environments are different.

Also I've noticed big differences in quality from the way the pins are put together. I had one connector actually come off when a Comcast guy was at my house testing things out...[/QUOTE]

Even if you had a HDMI cable break or corrode on you in the unlikely event that corrosion does happen it would be cheaper to rebuy the cable than to get a more expensive one to start with. For the price of one store bought cable you could probably have 15-20 from monoprice easily. There is no guarantee the store bought cable would hold up better anyways.

Not a Clearance deal (i know), but was in sears tonight and they Had RAGE for PS3 and XBOX 360 both in the case, i asked to buy the PS3 version thinking he would deny me but, it went threw and i left with it. I guess that would be YMMV though.

[quote name='AlphaCananogram']Picked up a XBOX 360 Wireless N Adapter for $5.97.
though,, it did ring up for 20ish bucks at first, but they got an override to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Google shopping still says $79.99 at the closest Sears to me. :whistle2:(

There are two versions of the wireless adapter. One rings up $20 and the other full price. The full price one has the green wave pattern on the bottom and is in a plastic covered box and the clearance one is in one of the plastic clam shells.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']There are two versions of the wireless adapter. One rings up $20 and the other full price. The full price one has the green wave pattern on the bottom and is in a plastic covered box and the clearance one is in one of the plastic clam shells.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clearing this up. I had the 79.99 ones near me as well and was wondering how people were finding them for $5.

[quote name='eliter1']PS3, they were out of the Xbox already[/QUOTE]

No such luck for me. $24 for 360 version and $22 for ps3 version

They have a TON of the 360 N wireless adapters at my local Sears. I may have to check it while I'm in the area tomorrow, since they may have a couple of the older style.

I am in desperate need of a Wireless N adapter for my 360... My local Sears has them in stock by checking on google, but the price is at $79.99...

Should I go and try to get one for cheap tomorrow? Anyone else had them show up full price on google shopping and still score the deal?

Also if anyone can get one or already has an extra one, I would gladly take it off your hands and hook you up with a finders fee ;)

(Sent you a PM IAmTheCheapestGamer :))

Unfortunately as has already been said, the discounted N wireless adapters are the ones in the clamshell packaging. The ones in the packages with the cardboard box surrounding it are not the discounted ones.

I really only remember seeing the ones like I just mentioned and not the clamshell ones at my local Sears though. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for the older ones.

You definitely need to double and triple check the Xbox 360 case as well as the magnetic hooks they have the PS3/360 controllers and other accessories locked up on, as sometimes the older items may be hidden behind the newer versions.

That's how I found a 3 month XBL Gold card a couple of months ago in the old clamshell packaging.

I saw several of these wireless n adapters at my local sears last night, marked correctly.
all i bought was RAGE for PS3 though (i couldn't resist), it's alot like borderlands...but different

[quote name='FuriousBobby 2.0']I saw several of these wireless n adapters at my local sears last night, marked correctly.
all i bought was RAGE for PS3 though (i couldn't resist), it's alot like borderlands...but different[/QUOTE]

Thought this came out on the 4th?

[quote name='kingsnuff']Thought this came out on the 4th?[/QUOTE]
Some employee probably put it out in the case early. I actually alerted a Sears employee when they put out Transformers: War For Cybertron(and it's Wii and DS counterparts) before it's scheduled release date.

A store gets in trouble usually for selling a game prior to it's release date.:cry: I didn't wanna see them get reprimanded for that, even though I WAS tempted to pick it up early.;)

Yeah he may get reprimanded, i dunno, but while i was purchasing it i was standing where i could see his monitor and it had no "street date" notices or warnings of any kind. which i thought was strange because i remember people trying to purchase some other game early at sears and getting denied at checkout. For any Cag'ers that want to play it all sears in my area list it as "limited availability".

dont mind me, im just really excited about RAGE for some reason. My local BB does the same thing every weekend, especially with newe release movies. excuse my brain fart lol

I picked up the Persona 3 Limited Edition (with soundtrack and art book) at a nearby Sears today. If anyone's interested in it send me a PM. I'd like to play it but unfortunately I need the money.

Checked out my local Sears today and saw nothing of interest to me really. Dead Rising 1 for Xbox for 5 bucks, everything else in the clearance area was overpriced.

What was weird was that they had a handfull of Microsoft 1600 / 4000 point cards, priced at $24.99 and $49.99 respectively, in old school clamshells. Also a bunch of 12 month XBL cards also in clamshells for $49.99. I had them scanned thinking they had to be incorrectly priced, but the priced rang up as correct.

What's weird is that they have these in the locked case, which is next to a area that has nothing but the newer cards. I would have thought these would be discounted, but the 1600 point cards are a full 5 bucks more expensive than the new ones.

Weird indeed.

Yeah they had those cards where I am too, I saw a 12 month card in a clamshell priced 49.99 which is already $10 off the regular $60 price. I suspect they got sold because of that. I don't think they were on clearance though.

bread's done
Back