Official Skylanders Thread

The Kaos and Golden Queen pack seems the hardest pack to find at my local store. I got the other three packs on my first try.
Apparently so. Out of five boxes I got three Snap Shots and two Wildfires. Can't see myself going out and buying anymore boxes just to get more repeats.

I got my Doom Stone today. Great condition. Pretty much all of my AWD Skylanders have been unused and complete.
Same here. Thinking of getting that Spy Rise, even though it's been marked up to a "ridiculous" $4.60 with tax, but somehow I doubt we'll be seeing any more of the $2.00 ones.

It happens sometimes, a drop or two of liquid super glue always does the trick and doesn't leave any noticeable evidence. I don't like my Skylanders to have any wobble whatsoever. Seems to only be an issue with used ones, those darned kids must be abusing/playing with our precious Skylanders!

Grabbed a $2.50 Doomstone and $4.50 Spy Rise yesterday :) Who can say no to that?
I stopped by GS to trade the wobbly-hammered Crusher, and they had two others, both of which had the same issue. I also watched an unboxing of a brand new one on Youtube, and he remarked the same thing. I think they're all like that.

Have two extra "Wildfire" Skystone packs. ( Foolishly thought that each cereal would have had a different pack in it. Bought three different cereals, got three of the same pack.  :wall: )

I already have the "Wallop" pack, so I'd trade for either of the other two.

DM if interested.

I saw my first Kaos trap in the wild today, at a GameStop in Sacramento. It was "used" for $65. So, basically, some shady employee at the store, probably the guy that pointed it out to me when I was there. Took it out of it's packaging, and raised the price almost ten times the normal cost.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00MG38CG8

Skylanders Trap Team Tablet Starter Pack - iOS, Android, & Fire OS

19.99 seems like a good price. Should I make a new thread for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

It's been that before, a few times. As a matter of fact, there is a discount code that takes another $10 off (I think it was TRAPTEAM10 or something, might be expired).

It's been that before, a few times. As a matter of fact, there is a discount code that takes another $10 off (I think it was TRAPTEAM10 or something, might be expired).
No problem, I don't collect skylanders, I just saw the price. :)

Shame it includes the same exact Skylanders as the console versions. Couldn't they at least have gone with dark versions?

If this is the tablet version (which looks just like the console version) what are all those codes we get on the stickers for?

Shame it includes the same exact Skylanders as the console versions. Couldn't they at least have gone with dark versions?

If this is the tablet version (which looks just like the console version) what are all those codes we get on the stickers for?
However, this version is perfect if you collect and therefore got the Dark Starter, as I did. Those figures aren't available in any other way than a Starter.

The stickers aren't for using in Trap Team on the tablet, you use the special portal for that and the figures as normal. The stickers are for using in the mobile games like Lost Islands, Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol. I think they also can be used in the official collector app. The codes were also for the web based Universe game that has now shut down.

Lost Islands is a pretty fun Farmville clone. Worth trying out if you have Skylanders.

Cloud Patrol is a Fruit Ninja type game, it is fun in short bursts. Having Skylanders or not really doesn't make a huge difference.

Battlegrounds is a pretty simple strategy/board game type game.

Absolutely, you should make a new thread and then piss off on everyone who tells you to put it in this thread

Jade Fire Kracken $3.80 for Good Condition, pricey compared to the $2 ones but not bad.
A good buy even at that price - I paid $9.00 New for mine, and felt it was worth it . . . of course, at that time, a Swappable for less than $10 was considered a good deal, and that was less than two months ago! Shame I couldn't see into the future how cheap these things would eventually get. I bet I'll be kicking myself again when $2 Trap Masters start popping up.

Jade Fire Kracken and Quick Draw Rattle Shake are both $5 at Five Below (as previously posted) in case anyone would rather go that route...

I think it is possible the Trap Masters won't see the $2-3 price point the way the Giants and Swappers have because they changed the packaging. The cheap AWD Skylanders are because the plastic bubble falls off, the Trap Masters won't have that happen

Wow, the closest Five Belows to me are three in Kansas City (that have apparently not yet opened) 1500 miles away. I will probably not be going there. 

I think it is possible the Trap Masters won't see the $2-3 price point the way the Giants and Swappers have because they changed the packaging. The cheap AWD Skylanders are because the plastic bubble falls off, the Trap Masters won't have that happen
I've noticed the Giants I see in stores now have two big strips of tape on the sides. Not sure if they were like that in the factory, or if they were added them after the fact, but it looks like the former; definitely not done by hand. Maybe that's why there haven't been Giants on AWD in a while.

BTW, that "merely Good" Spy Rise was in excellent shape, unused, with all packaging, still in the form-fitting plastic complete with card and code.

wow, thanks for this, had no idea they were opening some in KC and never would have checked.
Two just opened near me end of last month. Shame I've already got Jade and Rattle Shake (though the yellow, not the Quick Draw version. I think they're the same, other than the colors, right?)

Two just opened near me end of last month. Shame I've already got Jade and Rattle Shake (though the yellow, not the Quick Draw version. I think they're the same, other than the colors, right?)
Yeah, they're the same. Though both the Jade & Quick Draw variants do appear different in-game.

Looks like the scalpers are going after the Light and Dark traps now. They're unavailable in stores, and all up in the just under $20 range on Amazon. Revenge for the now-commonality of the Kaos trap, perhaps.

Some characters got nerfed in Trap Team, to make people buy the Trap Masters. Actually most. Giants are still pretty strong, but it seems like most of the Swap Force characters have become weak, and they have shrunk their sizes down to be even smaller than regular Skylanders. A good example, if you want to get a quick comparison, is to play the Skeletones rhythm game against Kaos. If you use a standard new Skylander like Cobra Cadabra, he is much taller than Kaos. If you use a Swap Force member like Wash Buckler, he is shorter than Kaos. Some Swap Force members almost seem to be the same size as the minis. Trap Shadow is super small.

Wow, that seems a bit petty among the developers (since Swap Force was handled by Vicarious Visions instead of Toys for Bob).

Wow, that seems a bit petty among the developers (since Swap Force was handled by Vicarious Visions instead of Toys for Bob).
It's pretty well established that Toys For Bob suffers from "Not invented here" ego problems. They pulled several features out of Trap Team people liked in Swap Force and have gone on record saying they would have never introduced jumping and would remove it if they felt they could at this point (jump pads SUCK, particularly if you play 2 player - they are a terrible mechanic given how short the distance is they let players stray from each other). Not to mention the only Swap Force character they have given ANY attention to this time was Fryno - instead choosing their own games for new Minis and reposes. I'm anxious to see what VV comes up with this year since they seem to be the ones that will shake up the formula rather than TfB that seems to be more interested in selling more plastic. Without VV we would be playing a Wii level game on our XB1/PS4. I mean props to TfB for developing the idea, but they need to embrace that other people have good ideas, too.

It's pretty well established that Toys For Bob suffers from "Not invented here" ego problems. They pulled several features out of Trap Team people liked in Swap Force and have gone on record saying they would have never introduced jumping and would remove it if they felt they could at this point (jump pads SUCK, particularly if you play 2 player - they are a terrible mechanic given how short the distance is they let players stray from each other). Not to mention the only Swap Force character they have given ANY attention to this time was Fryno - instead choosing their own games for new Minis and reposes. I'm anxious to see what VV comes up with this year since they seem to be the ones that will shake up the formula rather than TfB that seems to be more interested in selling more plastic. Without VV we would be playing a Wii level game on our XB1/PS4. I mean props to TfB for developing the idea, but they need to embrace that other people have good ideas, too.
Of course, VV removed some cool stuff from Giants, namely Skystones, and wii-mote motions to unlock doors (a minor issue, but still . . .) as well as replacing the Turtle blocks with groaning heads, or, more often, boring slabs of silent rock. I just hope we don't have to buy a whole new line every game. I'm rapidly running out of shelf space as it is.

Of course, VV removed some cool stuff from Giants, namely Skystones, and wii-mote motions to unlock doors (a minor issue, but still . . .) as well as replacing the Turtle blocks with groaning heads, or, more often, boring slabs of silent rock. I just hope we don't have to buy a whole new line every game. I'm rapidly running out of shelf space as it is.
VV didn't do the Wii version, that was Beenox - so it wasn't them that removed the "waggle". That was a good thing that they finally left the Wii (and their platform specific "features") behind. If you haven't seen the difference between XB1/PS4 Swap force (or Trap Team) and old gen (even 360/WiiU/PS3) you are missing out, and that was a big advantage of the new engine VV created. It scales up really well.

bread's done
Back