Official Skylanders Thread

I may be wrong, or may be misinterpreting you, but from what I was told, the drivers can have vehicle mods. Other users can have the base vehicle.

For the most part, it's not worth not having mods.
I believe any Supercharger can use mods, but only the vehicle's associated Supercharger Skylander can "supercharge" it into the evolved form.

Um, what I mean was he stated it in the original post but I was hoping there was an ad/flyer discussion about this deal.
What Serejai was saying is that's a deal from February. The OP isn't updating the OP, nor is it a wiki.

No deals yet for next week... Target's ad should be out today.

Like the new vehicles and definitely a welcome change. The formula was getting stale and trap team was too greedy with its "door locking at every point" . Even the locked areas were lazily done with some only a mere walk to the stupid hat that it was locking.
Without a sale and Disney infinity and Lego dimensions we will see who persuades with the more aggressive discounts.

On a separate note saw a target employee incorrectly filling shelves with Lego dimensions stuff. Felt bad for her and reminded her that's not supposed to be available til Sunday. I'm sure the registers would've blocked the sale as well. Not sure about the quality
Of that stuff/game but I saw there's a separate Simpsons expansion which is always a plus.

Like the new vehicles and definitely a welcome change. The formula was getting stale and trap team was too greedy with its "door locking at every point" . Even the locked areas were lazily done with some only a mere walk to the stupid hat that it was locking.
Without a sale and Disney infinity and Lego dimensions we will see who persuades with the more aggressive discounts.

On a separate note saw a target employee incorrectly filling shelves with Lego dimensions stuff. Felt bad for her and reminded her that's not supposed to be available til Sunday. I'm sure the registers would've blocked the sale as well. Not sure about the quality
Of that stuff/game but I saw there's a separate Simpsons expansion which is always a plus.
Trap Team was probably the worst game in the series, way to much piece meal sales and every figure except the Trap Masters were worthless since only they could open doors.

The trapping was a novel idea, but I wish you could turn off the talking of the trapped villains. They were cute at first but when you have Chaos' trap in the whole game.. all it did was get aggravating.

It honestly felt like a Giants .5 upgrade instead of a whole new idea. I think the problem is Game 1, 2 and 4 were made by "Toys For Bob" where 3 and 5 are made by Vicarious Visions.

Swap Force was damn fun, but had a little too many gates, at least each gate had depth and they made use of every character type.

This is rather interesting sales statistics

Spyro's Aventure
Wii 2.79 Million
360 .94 Milion
PS3 .91 Million

Giants
Wii 2.48 Million
360 1.37 Million
PS3 1.02 MIllion
WiiU .24 MIllion

Swap
Wii 2.02 Million
360 1.18 Million
PS3 .96 Million
WiiU .42 Million
PS4 .23 Million
XB1 .22 Million

Trap
Wii .87 Million
360 .82 Million
PS3 .58 Million
WiiU .55 MIllion
PS4 .32 Million
XB1 .25 Million

Last edited by a moderator:
Trap Team was probably the worst game in the series, way to much piece meal sales and every figure except the Trap Masters were worthless since only they could open doors.
The trapping was a novel idea, but I wish you could turn off the talking of the trapped villains. They were cute at first but when you have Chaos' trap in the whole game.. all it did was get aggravating.

It honestly felt like a Giants .5 upgrade instead of a whole new idea. I think the problem is Game 1, 2 and 4 were made by "Toys For Bob" where 3 and 5 are made by Vicarious Visions.
Swap Force was damn fun, but had a little too many gates, at least each gate had depth and they made use of every character type.
I agree with everything you said here. Swap force was the first game I bought and although it might have had some flaws, it was leaps and bounds above trap team. The traps were neat but I kept thinking that I was basically buying a character I couldn't play until it was unlocked in the game. If there hadn't been a kongregate coupon deal going on I probably wouldn't have bought any.

This game I was very excited about because if it being by the same makers of swap force. But with the fact that I can't collect and play all the gimmick skylanders on my xbone or ps4, I am unsure if I am even going to bother buying it at all.

I agree with everything you said here. Swap force was the first game I bought and although it might have had some flaws, it was leaps and bounds above trap team. The traps were neat but I kept thinking that I was basically buying a character I couldn't play until it was unlocked in the game. If there hadn't been a kongregate coupon deal going on I probably wouldn't have bought any.

This game I was very excited about because if it being by the same makers of swap force. But with the fact that I can't collect and play all the gimmick skylanders on my xbone or ps4, I am unsure if I am even going to bother buying it at all.
Gimmick Skylanders?
They all work in Superchargers.

I sold all my Skylanders earlier this year... Trap Team was that disappointing.

Gimmick Skylanders?
How do the gimmick skylanders work in Superchargers? Are they just effectively core figures? Or do they:

- Giants: Open chests and move rocks

- Swappers: Assume nothing here, can't see them bringing back swap zones or dual gates

- Minis: Gate in academy last game

- Trap Masters: Break traptanium crystals, open gates, extra damage to bosses (and what are they doing with Blastermind's soul gem?)

Just curious if this is going to be more like giant boxes in Swap Force or if I should just vendor the gimmick figures I don't like from past games.

How do the gimmick skylanders work in Superchargers? Are they just effectively core figures? Or do they:

- Swappers: Assume nothing here, can't see them bringing back swap zones or dual gates

- Trap Masters: Break traptanium crystals, open gates, extra damage to bosses (and what are they doing with Blastermind's soul gem?)

Just curious if this is going to be more like giant boxes in Swap Force or if I should just vendor the gimmick figures I don't like from past games.
No clue, I don't have Super Chargers yet, but I don't think they do much of anything beyond working like normal figures now. I honestly always referred to them as the "Deluxe" of that year.

Oddly enough, I'm fine with the whole "even ground" thing more than the only trap mastered BS of Trap Team

Gimmick Skylanders?

I sold all my Skylanders earlier this year... Trap Team was that disappointing.
Gimmick skylanders= giants, swapper, trap masters, minis

I remember you mentioning selling them in... one of the gamestop threads, I think ?

I was very close to selling mine and had I known the skymiibo thing was going to happen I probably would have.

Speaking of Swap Force, for those with BBY Games Club and who haven't played it yet, the Swap Force starter pack can be had for most systems for under $10.

Speaking of Swap Force, for those with BBY Games Club and who haven't played it yet, the Swap Force starter pack can be had for most systems for under $10.
The next gen system versions are $9.97 at Gamestop as well.

The Gamestop-exclusive Dark Edition starter packs are pretty cheap as well, plus some are available online:

Dark Edition Wii version - $21.97

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/skylanders-swap-force-gamestop-exclusive-dark-edition-starter-pack/111320

Dark Edition PS3 version - $21.97

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/skylanders-swap-force-gamestop-exclusive-dark-edition-starter-pack/111317

Gimmick skylanders= giants, swapper, trap masters, minis

I remember you mentioning selling them in... one of the gamestop threads, I think ?

I was very close to selling mine and had I known the skymiibo thing was going to happen I probably would have.
Yea, heheh I usually call them deluxe.. gimmick does describe them better.

Sold them for about 2grande to Gamestop thanks to the bonus, but kind of regret it.. Trap was just so bad.

Spyro's Aventure
Wii 2.79 Million
360 .94 Milion
PS3 .91 Million

Giants
Wii 2.48 Million
360 1.37 Million
PS3 1.02 MIllion
WiiU .24 MIllion

Swap
Wii 2.02 Million
360 1.18 Million
PS3 .96 Million
WiiU .42 Million
PS4 .23 Million
XB1 .22 Million

Trap
Wii .87 Million
360 .82 Million
PS3 .58 Million
WiiU .55 MIllion
PS4 .32 Million
XB1 .25 Million
Yeah, Skylanders basically is dead now due to Infinity and Amiibos. Nah, not really, but I think the hype behind them just died and the competition with the other two is just the final nail in the coffin. Infinity around here doesn't seem to be doing any better as its shelves are just as packed as the Skylanders ones are. Amiibos are low but that's just Nintendo being their typical cheapass selves underproducing because they are terrified they will end up with too much product (in their defense though they don't have nearly as much money to throw around compared to the other two). At this point I'm willing to bet this 'bring your figure to life' video game thing will definitely end up being a phase in the gaming industry like the musical game series (RB/GH though they are attempting a comeback) was as all of these companies are just flooding the market with them now and that's just over saturation which leads to sales plummeting.

I predict all of these franchises (Skylanders, Amiibos and Disney Infinity) will eventually end and Nintendo will take what they learned from this Amiibo crisis and will one day utilize their most bankable franchise (Pokemon) into a new Pokemon game where they can further exploit gamers and collectors with a similar concept.

I personally got fed up with it when they kept on rehashing old characters, if the old ones still worked the same way why bring a different variant out?!?

I personally got fed up with it when they kept on rehashing old characters, if the old ones still worked the same way why bring a different variant out?!?
Trap had very few variants

Variants always had new abilities though, like WoWPow and even more devastating powers, but were backwards compatible.

The NEW variants are entirely new chars and are not backwards compatible. They changed up all their moves and abilities for Super.

Yeah, Skylanders basically is dead now due to Infinity and Amiibos. Nah, not really, but I think the hype behind them just died and the competition with the other two is just the final nail in the coffin. Infinity around here doesn't seem to be doing any better as its shelves are just as packed as the Skylanders ones are. Amiibos are low but that's just Nintendo being their typical cheapass selves underproducing because they are terrified they will end up with too much product (in their defense though they don't have nearly as much money to throw around compared to the other two). At this point I'm willing to bet this 'bring your figure to life' video game thing will definitely end up being a phase in the gaming industry like the musical game series (RB/GH though they are attempting a comeback) was as all of these companies are just flooding the market with them now and that's just over saturation which leads to sales plummeting.

I predict all of these franchises (Skylanders, Amiibos and Disney Infinity) will eventually end and Nintendo will take what they learned from this Amiibo crisis and will one day utilize their most bankable franchise (Pokemon) into a new Pokemon game where they can further exploit gamers and collectors with a similar concept.
I honestly feel the bigger problem with Trap Team was bad word of mouth, and it was just too much.

While I enjoy the games, I don't think they should be annual, it seems to ruin it.

Like they have literally over saturated the market now, along with all the new CFGs (Collectible Figure Games)

Lego Dimensions is coming out soon too, which hampered my interest in Skylanders. That, and the water level I played in Superchargers was a turn off.

Also, Skylanders should have made old versions and new versions the same, instead of having like 10 gill grunts, 10 stealth elves, 10 pop fizzes, etc. Would have kept more people interested.

I'm tempted to dump all my Skylanders and amiibos now too.

From what I've gathered, there are no elemental gates. The Superchargers can modify vehicles, while older figures must stick with the base model. That's my biggest sticking point with the franchise - weaken and make irrelevant the older figures.

From what I've gathered, there are no elemental gates. The Superchargers can modify vehicles, while older figures must stick with the base model. That's my biggest sticking point with the franchise - weaken and make irrelevant the older figures.
Agreed.

Swap Force atleast kept corelanders and Giants relevent

Then Trap Team made everything BUT Trap Masters irrelevent.

Supposedly there are no elemental gates.. so everyone is on the same playing field. The difference (From the back of the box) is if you have the correct Driver/Vehicle pair.. the vehicle transformers into an epic version... called "Supercharged" this version is faster and more powerful.

Also all the vehicles act as different racers in the online racing mode.

This video shows the base vehicle supercharged at the end https://www.skylanders.com/characters/hot-streak

I don't mind this approach... but it would be nice if they threw a call back to the older chars.. like a spot not required for any achieve.. but where an old swap char or trap char can enter.

I DID mind how Trap Team made it so unless you had all the Trap Master elements.. you were screwed.. which made buying anything else worthless.

I just got back from Gamestop and they shined a new perspective which made me think they truly are right.

Trap Team floundered due to the fact they created fake shortages like Nintendo's Amiibos. The workers pointed out that they've not had a Trap Team shipment in months, so what's on the shelf have been there since the beginning of the summer. Add to that, there were many characters on an extremely limited run, such as Gear Shift, KnightLight, Knightmare, and the Kaos Trap. The later only being released in tiny shipments.

This made me think back.

During Swap Force, they staggered the release so that you could NOT 100% the game in a single night.. you had to wait till Nov/December before all the element and ability combinations were released.

During Trap Team, they went one worse. Not only did they stagger the release.. they released two new elements. The elements weren't even in game at release just "You seem to have found an unknown element.. it wasn't till March that these elements were released and you could officially 100% the game.

Then there is the rare Kaos trap, which unless your lucky or bought the Dark Version.. you may never find. Which sucks since it was one of the major selling points to capture Kaos.

It seems people are finally just tired of the crap Activision is doing with the game.. while Superchargers is a big step forward.. Trap Team hurt them, along wiht competition.

Lego Dimensions is coming out soon too, which hampered my interest in Skylanders. That, and the water level I played in Superchargers was a turn off.

Also, Skylanders should have made old versions and new versions the same, instead of having like 10 gill grunts, 10 stealth elves, 10 pop fizzes, etc. Would have kept more people interested.

I'm tempted to dump all my Skylanders and amiibos now too.
They did that to keep the characters relevent and to get people to rebuy them. Each revision had a new ability and all the old abilities mixed in.. though I feel the "Eon's Elite" is a BS cash grab.

Agreed.
Swap Force atleast kept corelanders and Giants relevent
Then Trap Team made everything BUT Trap Masters irrelevent.

Supposedly there are no elemental gates.. so everyone is on the same playing field. The difference (From the back of the box) is if you have the correct Driver/Vehicle pair.. the vehicle transformers into an epic version... called "Supercharged" this version is faster and more powerful.
Also all the vehicles act as different racers in the online racing mode.
This video shows the base vehicle supercharged at the end https://www.skylanders.com/characters/hot-streak

I don't mind this approach... but it would be nice if they threw a call back to the older chars.. like a spot not required for any achieve.. but where an old swap char or trap char can enter.

I DID mind how Trap Team made it so unless you had all the Trap Master elements.. you were screwed.. which made buying anything else worthless.

I just got back from Gamestop and they shined a new perspective which made me think they truly are right.

Trap Team floundered due to the fact they created fake shortages like Nintendo's Amiibos. The workers pointed out that they've not had a Trap Team shipment in months, so what's on the shelf have been there since the beginning of the summer. Add to that, there were many characters on an extremely limited run, such as Gear Shift, KnightLight, Knightmare, and the Kaos Trap. The later only being released in tiny shipments.
This made me think back.
During Swap Force, they staggered the release so that you could NOT 100% the game in a single night.. you had to wait till Nov/December before all the element and ability combinations were released.

During Trap Team, they went one worse. Not only did they stagger the release.. they released two new elements. The elements weren't even in game at release just "You seem to have found an unknown element.. it wasn't till March that these elements were released and you could officially 100% the game.
Then there is the rare Kaos trap, which unless your lucky or bought the Dark Version.. you may never find. Which sucks since it was one of the major selling points to capture Kaos.

It seems people are finally just tired of the crap Activision is doing with the game.. while Superchargers is a big step forward.. Trap Team hurt them, along wiht competition.

They did that to keep the characters relevent and to get people to rebuy them. Each revision had a new ability and all the old abilities mixed in.. though I feel the "Eon's Elite" is a BS cash grab.
It looks like this time you can get away with buying 2 vehicles and nothing else. However, if you want every Supercharger and vehicle, you're looking at 10 figures and 10 vehicles to cover every element. Sucks the WiiU version has two life characters.

It looks like this time you can get away with buying 2 vehicles and nothing else. However, if you want every Supercharger and vehicle, you're looking at 10 figures and 10 vehicles to cover every element. Sucks the WiiU version has two life characters.
Agreed.. why is Donkey Kong life and his Vehicle Tech?
There are 20 figures and 20 vehicles by the looks.. including Donkey & Bowser

2 of every core element, 1 light, 1 dark, and the 2 NIntendo.

The source for your Skylanders sales statistics? Because anytime Skylanders made the top ten NPDs it was usually the 360 in the lead and the Wii and WiiU were at the lower end. NPD doesn't give out sales numbers either.

The source for your Skylanders sales statistics? Because anytime Skylanders made the top ten NPDs it was usually the 360 in the lead and the Wii and WiiU were at the lower end. NPD doesn't give out sales numbers either.
This is somewhat anecdotal, but as a seller of Skylanders products my best-selling starter pack is the Wii by a very large margin. It outsells the 360 about 2:1.

For every one PS4 I sell (worst selling), I sell:

2 PS3

2 XOne

3 3DS

6 Wii U

10 360

20 Wii

It was pretty much the same for Swap Force and Giants, and Spyro's Adventure was pretty much 80% Wii when I sold those. I move a few hundred starter packs a month so I have a fair amount of data on the packs, but the numbers could be different for brick and mortar stores.

The Wii versions are the ones I've always heard as being the most high selling too.  Though they also appear to be the ones with the most game-killing glitches and freezes so perhaps people are buying multiple copies as they return older ones.

The fact the Wii one sells so much astounds me... but I guess that's what happens with games made for kids.

Hopefully down the road they're still readily available, I hope to get Bowser/DK used at some point on the cheap... hopefully places don't jack up prices, nor do I hope that Amiibo fans keep their prices high. I need to get Trap Team before I pick up Supercharge :/

I will also point out that Superchargers is selling MUCH slower than Trap Team did for me. Not just Superchargers, but Disney Infinity 3.0 is pretty much a flop, too. I'm not expecting many LEGO Dimensions sales, either. The entire toys to life market is completely oversaturated and demand is low for anything that isn't an amiibo. In previous years I made more on day one of a release than I have in the last three weeks combined for the current games.

I would expect some very hefty deals around Black Friday; probably as much as 50% off + freebies. You can already see this with the Infinity 3.0 Saga Bundles, that released at $115 and now - a mere three weeks later - are available at Best Buy for effectively $59.99 once you factor in the free figure and GCU. Superchargers vehicles aren't really selling at all, so I would expect there to be a B1G1 50% off sometime very soon - otherwise stores are not going to bother ordering Wave 2/3 boxes when their shelves are still flooded with Wave 1.

So if I missed Golden Hot Streak vehicle do I get another chance besides ebay? Was this a first shipment only thing?

Add me to the list of people who really bought in at first, but as the games release (with too little time in between) I have trouble gearing up.  I purchased every character in Spyro, then I have all the "gimmick" characters through Swap Force.  I actually keep a spreadsheet to track the purchases and characters.  It's pathetic.  All this for a game that I buy "for" my son. It does make for a nice reward for school  work, behavior, or pure bribery though.  Whip out a new Skylander that I found on sale, and give it to him.

Superchargers doesn't interest me much, but I suspect I'll buy it when it's down to $25 new, and characters are 30-40% off standard. Infinity never did it for me, and even the Star Wars announcements haven't been enough. LEGO has been the only other one that made me pause for a second, but I kinda look at it like console purchases. I've been really happy with Xbox since I got the first one, so unless Sony or (chuckle) Nintendo do something to totally wow me, Xbox and Skylanders get my toys to life business.

VGChartz.com

I do not know where they get their numbers from

This is somewhat anecdotal, but as a seller of Skylanders products my best-selling starter pack is the Wii by a very large margin. It outsells the 360 about 2:1.

For every one PS4 I sell (worst selling), I sell:

2 PS3

2 XOne

3 3DS

6 Wii U

10 360

20 Wii

It was pretty much the same for Swap Force and Giants, and Spyro's Adventure was pretty much 80% Wii when I sold those. I move a few hundred starter packs a month so I have a fair amount of data on the packs, but the numbers could be different for brick and mortar stores.
That's pretty much how I've heard it from many of my Gamestop employee/manager friends..

That the Wii/Wii U versions always do the best...

I will also point out that Superchargers is selling MUCH slower than Trap Team did for me. Not just Superchargers, but Disney Infinity 3.0 is pretty much a flop, too. I'm not expecting many LEGO Dimensions sales, either. The entire toys to life market is completely oversaturated and demand is low for anything that isn't an amiibo. In previous years I made more on day one of a release than I have in the last three weeks combined for the current games.

I would expect some very hefty deals around Black Friday; probably as much as 50% off + freebies. You can already see this with the Infinity 3.0 Saga Bundles, that released at $115 and now - a mere three weeks later - are available at Best Buy for effectively $59.99 once you factor in the free figure and GCU. Superchargers vehicles aren't really selling at all, so I would expect there to be a B1G1 50% off sometime very soon - otherwise stores are not going to bother ordering Wave 2/3 boxes when their shelves are still flooded with Wave 1.
Interesting, I knew Superchargers flopped hard.. but I suspected it to be due to Infinity 3.0 selling Star Wars.. something that is a figurative steamroller in the marketplace

Dimension... WILL NOT SELL
It is the true emphisis of WB's averice and greed... just like all their other games... they over emphisis the DLC and add ons.

Shame, as I've been having a lot of fun with Infinity, which finally got it right concerning the Toyboxes (user created  content). I think the yearly updates are hurting things, as the playsets are of high quality, but shamefully short. I understand the need this year, with Star Wars joining the fray, but there's no need for a whole new installment next year - DLC patches should accommodate new playsets as they come along. 

Shame, as I've been having a lot of fun with Infinity, which finally got it right concerning the Toyboxes (user created content). I think the yearly updates are hurting things, as the playsets are of high quality, but shamefully short. I understand the need this year, with Star Wars joining the fray, but there's no need for a whole new installment next year - DLC patches should accommodate new playsets as they come along.
THIS RIGHT HERE!
They should not be annual!

Maybe expand upon the Gimmick of the year in the next year but not a whole new set.

THIS RIGHT HERE!
They should not be annual!
Maybe expand upon the Gimmick of the year in the next year but not a whole new set.
When Disney Infinity released they claimed this would be true. The game was supposed to be forward compatible. It is a shame they went back on that, and can't even make the old sets backwards compatible.

When Disney Infinity released they claimed this would be true. The game was supposed to be forward compatible. It is a shame they went back on that, and can't even make the old sets backwards compatible.
Yea, I was wondering how do the Avengers and ETC work in 3.0?
Can they be played in Star Wars, I really wish you could bring those chars into the new universe....

Yea, I was wondering how do the Avengers and ETC work in 3.0?
Can they be played in Star Wars, I really wish you could bring those chars into the new universe....
You can put your old playsets on the base to unlock all of the corresponding items in the Toy Box. They still have the limitation of characters not able to play in a play set that's not their own. That's why Toy Box Takeover is secretly the best set to get. It allows any character to play the story. Want Chewbacca and Hulk to team up and fight Davey Jones? Sure.

bread's done
Back