Official Skylanders Thread

Thing about lightcore is: they're basically worse in every single way from a S2+ version. Lightcore doesn't let you alternate between both paths without resetting the character like S2+ do, and they don't include the new extra Wow Pow ability.

You're trading great in-game perks to have the figure light up and a mediocre screen-affecting attack when you first place them on the portal.

That said: everyone should own a lightcore Prism Break due to his pure awesomeness when lit up. The rest are meh at best (I'm especially looking at LC Drobot, with his stupid light-up dot on his back)

hqdefault.jpg
Yea, I only buy Light Cores IF their isn't a newer version!

I know it was more so a money grab but I really wish they just made lightcores the series 2. There really was no reason to have a series two prism break and a lightcore prism break.

Exactly how many Lightcore Hex, Zoo Lou, Ninjini, Head Rush, and Water Traps did they produce? I know they gave away LC Hex as a pre-order bonus, but I can't see why they would make so many. Every single Toys R Us has hundreds of LC Hex. I've even been to a TRU that has twice as many as the one in that photo. Wall-to-Wall Hex. I looked up and saw there are 863 TRU stores in the US, so if each store has over 150 LC Hex, that probably pushes the total stock well over 130,000.

I remember when Ninjini was rare and was going for a lot, and now she's the only Giant you see on shelves.

Thing about lightcore is: they're basically worse in every single way from a S2+ version. Lightcore doesn't let you alternate between both paths without resetting the character like S2+ do, and they don't include the new extra Wow Pow ability.

You're trading great in-game perks to have the figure light up and a mediocre screen-affecting attack when you first place them on the portal.

That said: everyone should own a lightcore Prism Break due to his pure awesomeness when lit up. The rest are meh at best (I'm especially looking at LC Drobot, with his stupid light-up dot on his back)

hqdefault.jpg
Spoiler Alert: If you have SuperChargers and you reach a portal master rank of 75, you unlock the power to change your Skylanders path anytime that you want. Just like the Giants figures could do. It works on all figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler Alert: If you have SuperChargers and you reach a portal master rank of 75, you unlock the power to change your Skylanders path anytime that you want. Just like the Giants figures could do. It works on all figures.
That sounds awesome, too bad I'm only a rank 32...I can't win any of the stupid races. The rubber-banding mechanics are 10x worse than Mario Kart. I think I spent two hours yesterday trying to win 1st place on hard in the Dragon Spine land race. I get cheated out of winning every. single. time.

Yeah, the racing stuff is my least favorite part of the game. The vehicle sections in levels are okay sometimes. But, even they really slow down the action.

Shield Striker vehicle is $4.99 on Amazon, Free Prime Shipping if that's your thing. 

And actually I just noticed Gamestop online has a few relatively rare Trap Team guys for cheap (used).  I finally got my light Trapmaster (KnightLight) for under $5.  Same for Gearshift. 

Now that damned elusive light trap...someday.  Someday I'll find one! :p

I'm torn if I want to order the Crash version, or go with the usual Dark Edition and buy the already announced single Crash figure
Whoop, according to https://www.skylanders.com/ the Crash edition comes with less than the Dark.
It just comes with an Exclusive Sony version of Crash, there will be a standard version released later for all consoles.

Standard Pack Includes:

• 1 Video Game
  • 2 Sensei Skylanders
  • 1 Imaginite Creation Crystal
  • 1 Collection Poster
  • 1 Sticker Sheet
Dark Pack Includes:

• 1 Video Game
  • 3 Dark Sensei Skylanders
  • 3 Creation Crystals
  • 1 Portal of Power
  • 1 Dark Edition Collection Poster
  • And more...
Crash Pack Includes:

• Skylanders Imaginators Video Game
  • Portal of Power®
  • Skylanders Sensei Figures
  • Imaginite Creation Crystal
  • Collection Poster featuring the complete set of Skylanders Imaginators Figures

I apologize if someone has reported this already, and it may be YMMV but today at Walmart I found an end cap of Skylander's games with a sign stating $5. They were clearance tagged as $20 each still but upon having a cashier scan them they did show up as $5, so I figured this must be a resent clearance drop (or the staff is just super lazy.) 

We picked up Trap Team for 3DS and the Battlegrounds, mostly for the platinum chest and the series 2 double trouble. 

They also had various console copies of Swap Force and Trap team. 

For reference this was at the Noblesville Indiana Walmart (off of 37 if anyone is local.)

Outside of this stack of games their Skylanders stock has been decimated, much to my 5 year old's disappointment. 

I apologize if someone has reported this already, and it may be YMMV but today at Walmart I found an end cap of Skylander's games with a sign stating $5. They were clearance tagged as $20 each still but upon having a cashier scan them they did show up as $5, so I figured this must be a resent clearance drop (or the staff is just super lazy.)

We picked up Trap Team for 3DS and the Battlegrounds, mostly for the platinum chest and the series 2 double trouble.

They also had various console copies of Swap Force and Trap team.

For reference this was at the Noblesville Indiana Walmart (off of 37 if anyone is local.)

Outside of this stack of games their Skylanders stock has been decimated, much to my 5 year old's disappointment.
Just reading that made me remember i have boxes and boxes of the battlegrounds starters from gamestop....missing the royal double trouble...

At Target today, saw ps4 Swap Force starter packs on clearance for $5.98, and WiiU Trap Team starter packs for under $10.

Kind of a "meh" deal at this point, but Toys R Us is doing another Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on single Skylanders figures ONLINE only.

As always with any TRU B1G1 sale, if they cancel one item, they still charge you full price for the other, so be ready to return stuff in-store should you get screwed.

They do have the Land Racing Pack for $17.99, but good luck finding one in store. That's the last thing I need to complete my Superchargers set.

I still cannot find any info on what the Crash Bundle comes with....

It's the same price as the Dark Edition, but the details are vague.

If it comes with the 3 Crystals, and 3 Sensai (including Crash) I'll be all over it.

Toys R Us ad says Superchargers starters are $12 to $20 this week but they all seem to be $20 on the site. Only one missing from the site is the Wii U version. Is that $12 or was that an error? Or maybe some are $12 in store?

Toys R Us (In Store ONLY valid through 8/13) ALL Skylanders Buy 1 Get 2 Free

---- Not much selection left at my TRU, but decent price if you get 3 Eon's Elite or have a better selection.

Target (NEXT WEEK starting 8/14) Buy 1 Get 2 Free Superchargers drivers and vehicles ONLY

---- Targets are pretty much cleaned out of anybody buy Pop Fizz, Splat, and their respective vehicles. Don't expect to find anyone else unless you live near those fabled magical Targets with great clearance and good selection that I've only read about in tall tales.

Toys R Us (In Store ONLY valid through 8/13) ALL Skylanders Buy 1 Get 2 Free

---- Not much selection left at my TRU, but decent price if you get 3 Eon's Elite or have a better selection.

Target (NEXT WEEK starting 8/14) Buy 1 Get 2 Free Superchargers drivers and vehicles ONLY

---- Targets are pretty much cleaned out of anybody buy Pop Fizz, Splat, and their respective vehicles. Don't expect to find anyone else unless you live near those fabled magical Targets with great clearance and good selection that I've only read about in tall tales.
There are always tons of Splat and Pop Fizz, but I have not seen any Splat's vehicle for months, and they only carry Target's exclusive Pop Fizz's vehicle which is always excluded from sale (Cartwheel couldn't apply automatically, some people got lucky with CS to override the price but I wasn't the lucky one), might be this time they finally will include the exclusives?

Toys R Us extended the Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale all this week through Aug. 20, but this time it's also available online. Online is very picky though as it only allows you to match 3 figures in the same price tier. Be warned, if one figure gets cancelled, they still charge you full price without prorating discounts.

Target has Buy 1 Get 2 Free Superchargers. It SHOULD work on the Nitro exclusives. When they did a Buy 1 Get 1 earlier this year, I got both Nitro vehicles. Sale doesn't seem to be working online at the moment even though it is clearly advertised.

Specially marked boxes of General Mills cereals now come with a pack of Skylanders Battlecast cards. It says there's 10 different cards in the set. Unfortunately, no coupons off the toys this time.

Participating cereals: Honey Nut Cheerios, Reese's Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms

[attachment=23329:Cheerios.jpg] 

BTW, to anyone thinking about getting Imaginators, know that the choice of "Battle Class" in a crystal cannot be changed.  That's right if your kid picks a class and wants to change it you have to spend $10 more for a new crystal.  Incredibly stupid move and I hope enough people complain to get them to change it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/skylanders_imaginators/b/playstation4/archive/2016/08/19/one-of-skylanders-imaginators-biggest-features-isn_2700_t-terribly-consumer-friendly.aspx

BTW, to anyone thinking about getting Imaginators, know that the choice of "Battle Class" in a crystal cannot be changed. That's right if your kid picks a class and wants to change it you have to spend $10 more for a new crystal. Incredibly stupid move and I hope enough people complain to get them to change it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/skylanders_imaginators/b/playstation4/archive/2016/08/19/one-of-skylanders-imaginators-biggest-features-isn_2700_t-terribly-consumer-friendly.aspx
Meh, I'll pick it up when it's $7.99...maybe.

I can see that "locked class" leading to a lot of returns at retail too. Between kids unhappy with their choices and those players that leave the characters sealed while they play with them and return them (yes, I've had that happen to me with a Trapmaster), this could get really ugly.

BTW, to anyone thinking about getting Imaginators, know that the choice of "Battle Class" in a crystal cannot be changed. That's right if your kid picks a class and wants to change it you have to spend $10 more for a new crystal. Incredibly stupid move and I hope enough people complain to get them to change it.

Yikes...yeah, I'll be waiting to see how this one plays out. Better warn my nephew.

I can see that "locked class" leading to a lot of returns at retail too. Between kids unhappy with their choices and those players that leave the characters sealed while they play with them and return them (yes, I've had that happen to me with a Trapmaster), this could get really ugly.
Between this and no iPad version, looks like my son won't be playing Imaginators..

This may sound silly but did they release any news on old school magic items? Also I is there a trading thread for skylanders on here?

I think my Target jumped the gun...

[attachment=23814:IMG_20160930_142107.jpg]

[attachment=23815:IMG_20160930_142117.jpg]

They have the entire first wave of Skylander's Imaginators on the shelves, and on a $4.99 rack.. but when cannot be purchased till October 16th.

As I said.. cannot be purchased till the 16th
One retailer screwed up and sent out the Starter to some people. There is a guy on Dark Spyro that got it and is answering questions about the game.

And crystals cannot be reset unless they are planning a Day 1 patch he confirmed. And unlike Amiibo they can be used in the packaging, so nothing is presenting someone from creating a Skylander, then returning it to the store - and the battle class on that crystal cannot be reset. I can't wait until some parent goes on the local news and talks about buying their son a crystal and finding a penis monster named Douche McShitface already loaded on it - and it can't be reset completely.

If they were smart, "taking ownership" the first time you put a crystal on your game would blow away everything on it. But per usual, they aren't going with "smart", they are going with "profit".

Well, it is a Toys for Bob year. I try to avoid those like the plague. And, despite my issues with the driving. I feel like SuperChargers was a good finale to the series.

Well, it is a Toys for Bob year. I try to avoid those like the plague. And, despite my issues with the driving. I feel like SuperChargers was a good finale to the series.
They took a chance on the driving, it didn't work out as well as hoped. Outside of the original idea, TfB's innovations seem to be "sell people more plastic". Their years consist of large amounts of new toys to buy. It took VV to upgrade the engine and add things we all wanted like jump. TfB flat out said they didn't like jumping and would remove it if they could after Swap Force, but they can't shove that back in the goose.

I like the idea of Imaginators, the build a character seems like my son would like it - but they still found a way to force you buy more and more plastic to use it. There is absolutely no reason beyond "we want more money" to prevent a full reset. And I have a good feeling parents are going to be REALLY pissed when they discover their children cannot undo hastily made decisions. There are going to be a TON of returns of crystals. For a company that should be thinking "we need to salvage toys to life" they are sure acting like they want it dead and buried.

Imaginators are on the shelves. No deals yet, unsurprisingly, other than GS offering a free Kaos figure with preorder. From what I've been able to find, it allows you to create your own character, though if it is true that decisions can't be reset, that would really suck and might be a deal breaker. Information on other aspects is limited. We do know there's going to be Creation Crystals for all 10 elements, and fighting style joins elements as a classification. The physical figures are known as Senseis, of which there is 31 of them, most are new, but several are villains from past games (as well as some we've never seen before) making their physical figure debut, Senseis are supposed to unlock weapons and abilities for your creations, though who unlocks what is still a mystery. I'm betting what they unlock is tied to element and fighting style. Older toys are supposed to be more useful than in past iterations, and all 12 tracks from Superchargers will supposedly be available in a racing mode for this game, compatible with all vehicles.

Imaginators are on the shelves. No deals yet, unsurprisingly, other than GS offering a free Kaos figure with preorder. From what I've been able to find, it allows you to create your own character, though if it is true that decisions can't be reset, that would really suck and might be a deal breaker. Information on other aspects is limited. We do know there's going to be Creation Crystals for all 10 elements, and fighting style joins elements as a classification. The physical figures are known as Senseis, of which there is 31 of them, most are new, but several are villains from past games (as well as some we've never seen before) making their physical figure debut, Senseis are supposed to unlock weapons and abilities for your creations, though who unlocks what is still a mystery. I'm betting what they unlock is tied to element and fighting style. Older toys are supposed to be more useful than in past iterations, and all 12 tracks from Superchargers will supposedly be available in a racing mode for this game, compatible with all vehicles.
There's a lot of wrong information here. Probably not intentionally wrong, but still incorrect. For clarification:

1. There ARE deals available. They just aren't amazing. For example, the GameStop app shows that you can get Kaos for free even if you didn't pre-order. Also, Target has 20% Sensei characters and Creation Crystals via their Cartwheel App, though it apparently does NOT work on Kaos. Also, Toys R US gives you a free Creation Crystal if you purchase a specific three-pack.

2. Not ALL aspects of a Creation Crystal are locked in after being done. The Element is locked in and so is the Battle Class (are they a brawler or a shooter, etc.). HOWEVER, there are MULTIPLE accounts online that people have SUCCESSFULLY reset the Creation Crystals entirely by using a Nintendo 3ds or 2ds and the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure game along with a portal. BUT you run the risk of permanently messing up your Creation Crystal. So be careful. You can look up the steps on how to do that fairly easily, but it does require a 3ds/2ds, SSA game cartridge, and a portal for the 3ds/2ds.
​3. SOME Villains make their first appearance as toys (for example Wolfgang and Golden Queen) but NONE of the new characters are Villains. All the new ones are Skylanders and the Villains have now simply joined them, story-wise.
​4. How are older toys supposed to be more useful than in past iterations? In which way? Traps for example, don't help unless doing the racing. And most Magic Items no longer do their original task. They now mostly only give gold. If there are other older toys that do something special, I could be wrong, but haven't found anything about that, yet.

I can't imagine this is going to be a pretty year for them.  So much back stock of old Toys to life stuff that isn't even selling at 75%+ off or "Buy 1 get 2 free" sales...  someone would have to be a REALLY dedicated fan of the series to even consider paying anywhere near retail for these figures. It's just a bad time for it to be a Toys for Bob year- the decaying corpse of Infinity is still bloating in the sun, which makes it really seem like ANY Toys to Life product is going to have a rough patch because people have a pretty solid price memory in mind... and anything past the $10 price point seems like it's in for a bad time. 

Also, an $80 entry fee is dumb for this year. They needed to make it $60 like a normal game instead. This year feels like the death of Skylanders, though I hope not, my kid loves these games.

Wow, today is the least memorable Skylanders launch ever. No stores had lines waiting for opening. Two BBYs had nothing on the floor except Kaos, three GameStops hadn't even opened their UPS boxes and two Targets only had a few Senseis on the shelf. I was bummed bc I love to see my kids in awe over this stuff and they were really disappointed. Had to scoop up some of the new Lego Dimensions instead.

This is the first year I haven't bought on launch day which saved me $300, so that's good. Kids aren't too excited anymore, so will push it off to Xmas so I know I can get some better deals.

No place even has the skylander crash starter pack for PS4. I had to drive 40 mins away to get one at a gamestopp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING

Creation Crystals are a ONE TIME USE ONLY

After you save your first character to the crystal, you can never.. ever change the crystal. You can delete the character, but the class you saved on the crystal can NEVER be removed.

So if you make a Water Knight, that water crystal will always be a Water Knight crystal.

----

Question, when you buy the Mystery Chest... is it an actual toy chest or just a DLC code?

HOWEVER, there are MULTIPLE accounts online that people have SUCCESSFULLY reset the Creation Crystals entirely by using a Nintendo 3ds or 2ds and the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure game along with a portal. BUT you run the risk of permanently messing up your Creation Crystal. So be careful. You can look up the steps on how to do that fairly easily, but it does require a 3ds/2ds, SSA game cartridge, and a portal for the 3ds/2ds.
I think this is the same trick I've seen to reset a trap, basically use it to reset any skylanders chip that SSA on DS version doesn't recognize. It's not an official way and also a big hassle for people who don't own DS and the game and no plan to buy it just for this purpose

Well, Activision finally grew a brain and created a new kind of packaging for figures that won't fall apart from a stiff breeze. Only took them, what, 6 iterations? Let's give them all a big hand.

riker-wakes-up-and-claps-o.gif

Well, Activision finally grew a brain and created a new kind of packaging for figures that won't fall apart from a stiff breeze. Only took them, what, 6 iterations? Let's give them all a big hand.

riker-wakes-up-and-claps-o.gif
loving the new packaging, but the targets and walmarts I've been to seem to only be able to put two sensei per peg.

Only thing I can find wrong with that is them not wanting to overstock the area as seen by the lack of available figures I was able to purchase at one store this time around.

bread's done
Back