Official Skylanders Thread

No, I've used my XBOX ONE more often as a blu-ray player than a game system, and the PS4 has an even worse game selection (particularly exclusives). This generation of consoles sucks.
I only agree that playing Blu-ray on PS4 sucks.

For some reason, after inserting the disc (particularly the FFXV Kingsglaive for $5 from BestBuy), my PS4 didn't show up the disc icon. I had to go using my PS3 to play the Blu-ray, not to mention that PS4 doesn't support 3D while PS3 is great on that, a serious step backward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, not only are we getting Dimensions for all the kids, the youngest has wanted Skylanders since about when he could talk. So, I need to know what I should get. Wife wants us to get it for either PS3 or 360, so he can play in the game room if his sisters want the big TV or to play on the Xbox One (Dimensions). Looks like Imaginators is on sale next week for current gen, but not prior.

I'm also seeing cheap deals on Superchargers and Trap Team starter packs, but I don't know what the local availability of the older figures are. I know the basic concept, and figure compatibility. Otherwise, not much. I think he'd be happy with anything, but I'd rather he not get a crap game.

Welp, not only are we getting Dimensions for all the kids, the youngest has wanted Skylanders since about when he could talk. So, I need to know what I should get. Wife wants us to get it for either PS3 or 360, so he can play in the game room if his sisters want the big TV or to play on the Xbox One (Dimensions). Looks like Imaginators is on sale next week for current gen, but not prior.

I'm also seeing cheap deals on Superchargers and Trap Team starter packs, but I don't know what the local availability of the older figures are. I know the basic concept, and figure compatibility. Otherwise, not much. I think he'd be happy with anything, but I'd rather he not get a crap game.
GS has Superchargers starters for $9.99, and Trap starters can be had for $10-15 range at several places. I'd buy one or both of those, and see if he likes it before you invest in Imaginators. If you get a trap portal, it will work with all other games in the series, so you just need to get the disc for an earlier entry (which can be had used from $0.99 to $4.99 at GS, depending on which game and system) to play earlier games. XBOX360 portals can only be used on 360 systems, ONE portals with ONE systems, 3DS with 3DS, but the remaining others are interchangeable.

Figures are B2G3 Free at GS right now, ave a huge selection at many locations. Spyro and Giants era characters are generally $5.00 or less, so you could get a good collection for not a lot of money. Just remember, characters are forwards, but not backwards compatible, meaning a character had to have been released at the same time as or before the game to work. Older characters are also not as powerful in the more recent installments when compared to their current game brethren. GS is also having Skylanders Day on the 17th and 18th, which has had good deals in the past on the newest releases.

Thanks for this. I was under the impression from the SL site that the Trap Team portal wasn't compatible with anything else, but I was reading it wrong. I ordered Trap Team for PS3 from Best Buy for $11, and I think I'll go ahead and grab the Swap Force disc while it is plentiful.

Thanks for this. I was under the impression from the SL site that the Trap Team portal wasn't compatible with anything else, but I was reading it wrong. I ordered Trap Team for PS3 from Best Buy for $11, and I think I'll go ahead and grab the Swap Force disc while it is plentiful.
My kid enjoyed trap team the most by far. (he is 5) The way the traps interact with the portal was really well done.

Finding traps now can be a bit hard, but if your kid enjoys trap team I would suggest this: https://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Trap-Team-Element-Value-Traps/dp/B01D3QHIES/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481301037&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=skylanders+traps&psc=1

That has each element + Kaos Trap. Probably cheaper then what the same item would cost on ebay. Gamestop doesn't carry used traps.

To get Trap Masers, look for them at gamestop for their buy 2 get 3 deals.

Hope your kids have as much fun as mine.

I would grab that disc while the getting is good. The guy at GS said they no longer buy them, so when the stores near you run out, that's it.

Target had all the new chars today, but none of the Elven forest.

None of them on the Website sadly.

When does the site update?

Has there been anymore to the rumor that the next installment after imaginators is cancelled?
No, Activision wouldn't dare confirm any such thing during the Christmas holiday. Nor would they make staff reductions that would inevitably cause news to come out. The first official indication will come from the quarterly announcements in Feb-March (if it is true), and likely gaming sites will start getting more anonymous confirmation in the lead up to that. Things like downsizing/reassigning teams will loosen lips of people that work on it. They will probably do that stuff right before the end of the year to clear the costs off their bottom line for the new year and buff up profits, but too late to affect holiday sales seriously.

It's sad that corporations love to hand out pink slips for the holidays, but that's what happens when you care more about Wall St. than they people that work for you.

Already bought the starter set for the kids for Christmas but am hesitating on picking up additional characters and accessories just in case it goes the route of Disney Infinity where everything went to clearance prices overnight almost.

Still got a lot of figures that i bought for superchargers that I haven't given to them yet.

Already bought the starter set for the kids for Christmas but am hesitating on picking up additional characters and accessories just in case it goes the route of Disney Infinity where everything went to clearance prices overnight almost.

Still got a lot of figures that i bought for superchargers that I haven't given to them yet.
Disney Infinity flooded the shelves, so there were a ton to liquidate (which is the main reason it failed in the first place). These haven't been produced at nearly the rate those were.

My son just got into skylanders swap force at the end of the summer, anyway he asked for 2 skylanders for xmas, and I went to gamestop today and they still had the buy 2 get 3 free deal on figures. I got the 2 he wanted Stinkbomb and Lava Barf Eruptor, and also got disney infinity Yoda, Obi wan, and Han Solo who was mint in package but marked pre-owned. 

Per next week's Gamestop Ad (12/11 - 12/17), the Senseis are Buy 2 for $19.99. Didn't see it posted.
Do you have a link? There's supposed to be a Skylanders Day on the 17th and 18th. There may (or may not) be better deals on those days, but no details have been posted anywhere as of yet. 2 for $20 is a pretty good deal, even if we have seen this price before on BF and Target's ad (works out to 3 for $30) over the same span, but they didn't have Jingle Bell Chompy Mages (or any Wave 3 figures) back then.

Picked up Spyro's Adventure, Giants, and Swap Force for a buck each today. Going to shop for figures later tonight, In-store selection was not good.

Do you have a link? There's supposed to be a Skylanders Day on the 17th and 18th. There may (or may not) be better deals on those days, but no details have been posted anywhere as of yet. 2 for $20 is a pretty good deal, even if we have seen this price before on BF and Target's ad (works out to 3 for $30) over the same span, but they didn't have Jingle Bell Chompy Mages (or any Wave 3 figures) back then.
No link, I have the physical/paper ad.

Anything about the creation crystals being on sale?
Nope. Just the Senseis.

A GS I stopped at yesterday had Mystical Bad Juju on the shelf. But he street dated me for the 12/17 release date. I was pretty bummed! I wanted whine like a baby that it's just a toy, not a game...I could understand release dates with the variants for the first few Skylanders generations, but not this one. There are like 50 Birthday Bash Pop Fizzs at my TRU still from Superchargers.

Buy 2 get 1 free at Target starting Dec 11th.

I was trying to find the Elven Forest online or in store since it's supposedly $23.99 this week.

A GS I stopped at yesterday had Mystical Bad Juju on the shelf. But he street dated me for the 12/17 release date. I was pretty bummed! I wanted whine like a baby that it's just a toy, not a game...I could understand release dates with the variants for the first few Skylanders generations, but not this one. There are like 50 Birthday Bash Pop Fizzs at my TRU still from Superchargers.
The problem is Gamestop paid money for that exclusive, and when they do so it is so they can push an event - a Skylanders Day/Weekend. They have one when he is due out. They spent the money on the advertising/exclusive, so the last thing they want is for customers to show up at the store for that and not have any because they sold them a week early - making those customers mad and leaving without buying anything.

Keep in mind they apparently learned their lesson this time and variants are not coming out in huge stock this year. Many of the earlier ones are drying up, and even my good sized TRU only got in like 6 Christmas Chompy Mage. They probably do not have a ton of them for the event. Variants were always a niche thing, mainly for the more dedicated collectors - and many of those aren't really interested anymore - variants used to seem more limited, but those 50 Birthday Bash Pop Fizzes are a good example why they aren't any longer.

Has anyone mentioned the 10 for $20 on interactive figures shown in the same ad that's above?

I don't think I could find 10 figures in a single store that I'd want, but for the people just hopping into Skylanders/Infinity that's a great deal.

The problem is Gamestop paid money for that exclusive, and when they do so it is so they can push an event - a Skylanders Day/Weekend. They have one when he is due out. They spent the money on the advertising/exclusive, so the last thing they want is for customers to show up at the store for that and not have any because they sold them a week early - making those customers mad and leaving without buying anything.

Keep in mind they apparently learned their lesson this time and variants are not coming out in huge stock this year. Many of the earlier ones are drying up, and even my good sized TRU only got in like 6 Christmas Chompy Mage. They probably do not have a ton of them for the event. Variants were always a niche thing, mainly for the more dedicated collectors - and many of those aren't really interested anymore - variants used to seem more limited, but those 50 Birthday Bash Pop Fizzes are a good example why they aren't any longer.
I wonder if this year's Skylanders Day will only be the release of that Juju variant, and not have any additional deals. 2 for $20 is good enough for me, but I'd hate to buy now and have them offer a better deal later. Variants aren't just for the hardcore: I often buy variants instead of the regular ones, and I'm sure I'm not alone. The better base stats some variants have are a plus. GS also generally charges a lot more for the pre-owned variants than it does for the pre-owned standard versions. Don't know if that's the market, or their screwy reasoning.

Has anyone mentioned the 10 for $20 on interactive figures shown in the same ad that's above?
I don't think I could find 10 figures in a single store that I'd want, but for the people just hopping into Skylanders/Infinity that's a great deal.
I've heard rumors of this. Where is this shown?

Toys R Us has the superchargers dark edition for the Wii priced at $14.99 with free shipping.  I understand this is the Racing game, however, for $15 you get 2 vehicles, 2 characters, and the Kaos Trophy (plus the game and portal).  I just picked up the starter pack of superchargers yesterday for the Wii U at gamestop for $10 so this is a nice addition to that.  Good luck.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68545586&cp=&parentPage=search

Toys R Us has the superchargers dark edition for the Wii priced at $14.99 with free shipping. I understand this is the Racing game, however, for $15 you get 2 vehicles, 2 characters, and the Kaos Trophy (plus the game and portal). I just picked up the starter pack of superchargers yesterday for the Wii U at gamestop for $10 so this is a nice addition to that. Good luck.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68545586&cp=&parentPage=search
All non-Imaginators starters are $14.99.

GameStop currently has most Superchargers starters for $9.97 and select Trap Team starters for $11.97. Includes Dark Trap Team if you can find one in-store. Non within 100 miles of me.

Not only did I find 10 figures I needed at one store, PUR stacks on the deal. Got a bunch of trap masters and a couple of supercharger dudes for $1.80 a piece.

Got a nice haul today - 3 senseis and 3 crystals for about $42 (after taxes) at Target after discounts and Cartwheel. Most stores were picked over, with nothing but Tri-Tip, Aurora, Magicat, and the occasional Ember remaining, but one store still had some Chopscotches, Hood Sickles, and Starcasts left, so I got one of each of those. You also don't need to buy two crystals to get the discount.

I see now I might have saved even more, as there's a $10 off $50 purchase coupon I didn't see unless it was too late. Not sure if video games (or Skylanders) count as toys, but it's worth a try for anyone lucky enough to find it all in one place.

Got a nice haul today - 3 senseis and 3 crystals for about $42 (after taxes) at Target after discounts and Cartwheel. Most stores were picked over, with nothing but Tri-Tip, Aurora, Magicat, and the occasional Ember remaining, but one store still had some Chopscotches, Hood Sickles, and Starcasts left, so I got one of each of those. You also don't need to buy two crystals to get the discount.
I see now I might have saved even more, as there's a $10 off $50 purchase coupon I didn't see unless it was too late. Not sure if video games (or Skylanders) count as toys, but it's worth a try for anyone lucky enough to find it all in one place.
where is the $10 off $50 coupon? Don't see it on Cartwheel app..

Okay guys, I figured out where the 10 off 50 coupon is but the cartwheel 25% off coupon says four qualifying items and six separate transactions how do I get that to work with the 10 off 50 and make it so I get the most for my money?

So guys, sorry if this has been covered.

With the current GCU price for the starters being reasonable, (but I know in a few months they will be sub $20...), I think I'll give into my son keep asking Santa for the new Skylanders game.

PS4 or WiiU?  And why?

Managed to pick up 6 senseis and one crystal for around $52 and change with coupons and red card %5 off. Says I saved just over $50. Customer service wouldn't manually override the $10 off $50 coupon, he said it was board games only not video games.

Not only did I find 10 figures I needed at one store, PUR stacks on the deal. Got a bunch of trap masters and a couple of supercharger dudes for $1.80 a piece.
I ended up buying three bundles yesterday. Good to know so I can get some money back.

Did you specifically find trap masters? I only found two from four different stores.

The other target in my area had several I didn't own.. Got two more 3 sensei bundles and a few crystals this time. They had two more senseis I didn't own but not a third to be able to take advantage of the b2g1 deal so left barbella and tri-tip behind. Oh well maybe we'll see a restock before the promotion ends?

bread's done
Back