Official Sons of Anarchy Thread (Premieres September 3rd)

I'm checking this out for the first time tonight. I've only missed 3 episodes right? Do they show repeats?

[quote name='Blackout']I'm checking this out for the first time tonight. I've only missed 3 episodes right? Do they show repeats?[/quote]

Catch up brother, great show so far

Loved the show. Really drew me in. I can't wait for next week.

Damn guys what happen their use to be much chatter and hype about Sons of Anarchy, I am liking this show ALOT.....This week episode is Great, with the introduction of a former member of Sons of Anarchy, and then the Compulsive Masterbating guy is funny, anybody else watching this?

this show is great between cutting a guys nuts off, to burning a tatoo off. What more can I hope to see in a show.:lol:

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Man, the
burning off the tattoo
made me fucking squirm.[/quote]

I'll bet it fucking stunk in that garage.

Also, the dude running around in the Elvis suit was hilarious.

[quote name='ryanbph']this show is great between cutting a guys nuts off, to burning a tatoo off. What more can I hope to see in a show.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. Who can't love seeing a cat fight involving a hit to the face with a skateboard.

The last episode that I watched was a little ridiculous. The little baby was wearing a SoA hat when it left the hospital? And the sex scene with the dead
ATF agent's body laying on the bathroom floor?
Give me a break, man.

Also, I couldn't understand a word that the Irish dude was saying during the bar scene.

Well holy fuck. I just realized that the guy who plays Opie played in Remember the Titans as the QB who got hurt. Talk about having a different look.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Well holy fuck. I just realized that the guy who plays Opie played in Remember the Titans as the QB who got hurt. Talk about having a different look.[/QUOTE]

yea i found that out on imdb. It bugged me from the first episode where i knew him from. This show is no Shield but its damn good

Opie was the guy who got hurt but he wasn't the QB.

Did I miss the explanation for Katy Sagal's scar or haven't they said yet?

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Well holy fuck. I just realized that the guy who plays Opie played in Remember the Titans as the QB who got hurt. Talk about having a different look.[/QUOTE]

He was a linebacker in the movie.

[quote name='klwillis45']Opie was the guy who got hurt but he wasn't the QB.

Did I miss the explanation for Katy Sagal's scar or haven't they said yet?[/quote]

The scar part was mentioned by the girl who Katy Segasl hit with the skateboard, but she never said anything about it.

Anyways, I hope they don't kill Opie from the ATF set-up.

Well, the season finale is Tuesday night. It's another special 90 minute episode. The first season of SOA was really good, but this season has just blown that out of the water for me. Every episode has been incredible, and I can't wait to see what happens on Tuesday night. It's going to be a long wait for season 3 to start, I know that.

This is one of the few shows that I go out of my way to stream.

The last show I was this into was Farscape.

i got hooked after i watched the first disc of season 1 from netflix. then i got the rest, been keeping up on the new season's on friday nights during the re-runs

It's not better than the first four seasons of the Sopranos(after that the show starting going downhill in my opinion). I have not watched the whole Shield series so can't comment on that. Doesn't hook me as much as 24. Definitely not even close to The Wire, Six Feet Under, Dexter, or OZ.

I'll continue watching but the second season was not as good as first.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']It's not better than the first four seasons of the Sopranos(after that the show starting going downhill in my opinion). I have not watched the whole Shield series so can't comment on that. Doesn't hook me as much as 24. Definitely not even close to The Wire, Six Feet Under, Dexter, or OZ.

I'll continue watching but the second season was not as good as first.[/QUOTE]

The Shield was a great series, and the only time it really seemed to slump for me was the season with Glenn Close (Season 4, maybe?). As far as the shows you listed, I would put Sons of Anarchy a close 4th, behind The Wire, Oz, and The Shield. I'm not a big fan of 24, and I liked The Sopranos a lot, but not as well as the other shows listed. I haven't watched anything more than 4 or 5 episodes of Dexter, so I can't really comment on that. HBO has a lot of damn good shows, though. I like The Sopranos a lot, I loved Carnivale, I loved Deadwood, and so on and so forth.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']The Shield was a great series, and the only time it really seemed to slump for me was the season with Glenn Close (Season 4, maybe?). As far as the shows you listed, I would put Sons of Anarchy a close 4th, behind The Wire, Oz, and The Shield. I'm not a big fan of 24, and I liked The Sopranos a lot, but not as well as the other shows listed. I haven't watched anything more than 4 or 5 episodes of Dexter, so I can't really comment on that. HBO has a lot of damn good shows, though. I like The Sopranos a lot, I loved Carnivale, I loved Deadwood, and so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

I have all the seasons of The Shield and plan on watching them eventually. I have not watched Lost yet either. Dexter is currently one of my favorites. I would also add Supernatural to the list of great ones. Carnivale was great till it was canned way too soon. I have Deadwood but have not watched it yet either. True Blood has been good so far also.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have all the seasons of The Shield and plan on watching them eventually. I have not watched Lost yet either. Dexter is currently one of my favorites. I would also add Supernatural to the list of great ones. Carnivale was great till it was canned way too soon. I have Deadwood but have not watched it yet either. True Blood has been good so far also.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I like True Blood a lot as well. I liked Rome quite a bit, too. Also, Band of Brothers is incredible, if you haven't seen that.

Other than Heroes season 1, no other show has had me make sure I catch ea and every ep and drooling for the next.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']The Shield was a great series, and the only time it really seemed to slump for me was the season with Glenn Close (Season 4, maybe?). As far as the shows you listed, I would put Sons of Anarchy a close 4th, behind The Wire, Oz, and The Shield. I'm not a big fan of 24, and I liked The Sopranos a lot, but not as well as the other shows listed. I haven't watched anything more than 4 or 5 episodes of Dexter, so I can't really comment on that. HBO has a lot of damn good shows, though. I like The Sopranos a lot, I loved Carnivale, I loved Deadwood, and so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

The first half of season four wasn't anything to write home about, but Anthony Anderson had the second half of that shit on lock down.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The first half of season four wasn't anything to write home about, but Anthony Anderson had the second half of that shit on lock down.[/QUOTE]
He was the only thing that salvaged the season for me at all. He did a phenomenal job on the show.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The first half of season four wasn't anything to write home about, but Anthony Anderson had the second half of that shit on lock down.[/QUOTE]

Even now anytime he's on TV I refer to him as Antwon Mitchell. :D

I think tonight is the Sons finale. Should be good.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Yeah, I like True Blood a lot as well. I liked Rome quite a bit, too. Also, Band of Brothers is incredible, if you haven't seen that.[/QUOTE]

Band of Brothers was great as well still got that one on DVD.

Damn, I really did not think shit could get worse for the Sons.

That season finale was crazy. It wrapped up some plot lines and opened a whole bunch of new ones!

What an episode. It was good to see the closure of some plot lines (Weston getting his, Polly getting hers) while at the same time opening up a ton of things for season 3. I assume we may get to see the Sons go to Belfast in season 3? The only thing I hate is that we're going to have to wait until August/September or so before season 3 starts.

Yeah it ended up going in some places I didn't see. Enjoyed the season quite a bit. One of the few shows I watch.

With Justified coming in March I think the holdover won't be as hard as it could have been. This was a good season and it had me hooked in much more than season one did.

If you're wondering about Half Sack:
Gemma's a fugitive, Abel has been abducted, Half-Sack is dead… I guess Half-Sack being dead isn't something hanging out there, but there is a whole lot to be resolved.

Right, right. Let me just start, because I know people are going to be pissed off about the Half-Sack thing. I will tell you that I've been having conversations with Johnny Lewis all season, and Johnny wasn't happy on the show. Creatively, he really wanted out of his contract. We had ongoing conversations, and we decided we'd find some noble way for him to go. It wasn't my intent to try to be sensational and kill off a main character. People are going to have their reaction, but I don't want an actor that's not happy. It's not good for the actor, and it's not good for the show. I love Johnny. I'd work with him again in a heartbeat

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2009/12/sons_of_anarchy_creator_kurt_s.html

I fucking love this show. I can't believe I didn't discover this thread until now. Then again I usually don't venture into this section of the forum... but yeah, wow... love SoA and I absolutely was obsessed with The Shield. Watched every single episode on it's original airdate and can't wait to own the DVD Box Set once some funds get freed up.

Best show on tv. The twists just keep coming. Can't believe how it ended! Can't wait for next season.

I toss my love towards The Shield too, it did have a few down moments but overall was excellent.

I just rented season 1 and watched the first two episodes and I must say I'm hooked. I was told that the first episodes were based on Shakespheres Macbeth and I can totally see that dynamic in the series.

Its not completely believable though. I recently read a book by William Queen called "Under and Alone" which is about an ATF agent who infiltrates the Mogols motorcycle gang. That book was a page turner and I felt it painted a more realistic and gritty picture of what a motorcycle gang is all about. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='Xevious']I just rented season 1 and watched the first two episodes and I must say I'm hooked. I was told that the first episodes were based on Shakespheres Macbeth and I can totally see that dynamic in the series.

Its not completely believable though. I recently read a book by William Queen called "Under and Alone" which is about an ATF agent who infiltrates the Mogols motorcycle gang. That book was a page turner and I felt it painted a more realistic and gritty picture of what a motorcycle gang is all about. I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Thats a true story right? I remember that being apart of the show once on Gangland about the mongols.

bread's done
Back