Official Sons of Anarchy Thread (Premieres September 3rd)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Thats a true story right? I remember that being apart of the show once on Gangland about the mongols.[/QUOTE]
Its a true story. Apparently Mel Gibson bought the rights to the book and he's making a movie. Personally I hope Mel doesn't star in it because he's too old.

[quote name='Will']Im kicking myself for forgetting to get season 1 BR at BB the other week for 26....[/QUOTE]

Ah crap, I missed that too... I paid $29 for the DVDs day of release.

[quote name='HydroX']yeah I already got one of those too.. lol[/QUOTE]

Pretty nice quality for the price. The guy did a good job on the decals.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Pretty nice quality for the price. The guy did a good job on the decals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was impressed and quite pleased when I got it in the mail. I'll be ordering another for me and my girlfriend when I get my tax refund.

Doesn't seem to be any quality beanies or hats available, least not that I have seen. Did order up one of those Redwood Original shirts though.

FAQ posted by Kurt Sutter on his Facebook fan page-

1. I have a great idea for the show, can I send it you?

No. I cannot accept any ideas, pitches, stories, scripts, notions or dreams from anyone. It's a legal issue. It protects me and you. If you send it, post it or email it -- it will be shredded, removed and deleted. Sorry.

2. I want to be an actor on your show, how do I audition?

If you are a SAG/AFTRA actor who has a permanent address in Los Angeles you can have your agent submit a picture and resume to our casting director, Wendy O'Brien. If the picture is not sent through a signatory agency chances are the envelope will never be opened.

3. How can I be an extra on your show?

If you a union or non-union actor who has a permanent address in Los Angeles you can contact Jim's B-List -- jimsblist.com .

4. I'm a singer/songwriter, I have a band, I have a perfect song for the show, how do I submit music?

As with the actors, a musical artist is best served by an agent or manager submitting their music through the proper channels. Bob Thiele, my composer and musical supervisor is trying to come up with a realistic system where submissions can actually get heard. Right now, we get hundreds and simply don't have the manpower or time to listen to them all.

5. When is the Season 2 DVD coming out?

Summer, 2010.

6. When is Season 3 beginning?

We never have an exact premier date until a few weeks before. We did very well with the timing of season 2, so my guess is that we will air some time in early September, 2010. But right now, that is just speculation.

7. Is Half-Sack really dead?

fuck, yes.

8. Is that Katey singing "Ruby Tuesday"?

Yes, Katey sang "Son of a Preacher Man" in Season 1 and "Ruby Tuesday" in Season 2. I hope to have her sing a song every season.

9. Who is Edward Winterhalder and why is he saying that the character of Jax is based on one of his books?

I do not know Mr. Winterhalder, never read any of his fiction. From what I am told he is a former outlaw biker who turned rat and now makes his living as an author and outlaw biker "expert". I can only speculate that my choice of using real outlaws as technical advisers instead of a celebrity one somehow upset Mr. Winterhalder. I guess his claims are sour grapes and his parasitic attempt at getting a piece of SOA's success.

10. Are you really afraid of dolls?

fuck, yes.

11. Why do you swear so much?

fuck, yes.

12. I have something very special I want to give you, can I send it to you?

fuck, no.

13. How come you only do 13 episodes? Why not 22 or 26 like network shows?

The model for FX and many other cable networks is 13. Yes, it's about money and scheduling, but it's also about quality. First of all, we cram more story into 13 episodes of SOA than most network dramas fit into 26. Second, this model allows us to make what I hope are 13 thoughtful, provocative 44 minute independent films, instead of 26 formulaic, predictable big-budget movies. Thirdly, my writers, cast and crew spend 7-9 back-breaking months making this show. It's guerrilla film-making and a labor of love. Any more than 13 would fucking kill us.

14. I live in a remote village in the Ukraine, when will "Sons of Anarchy" air there?

International sales and scheduling is not my job. I have no idea if, when, where the show will be airing outside of the United States. I know it's selling very well internationally, I just don't know any details. I suggest you contact your local cable company and ask them.

15. My friend watches the show over the internet for free, how does he do that?

Your friend steals. If you want to watch "Sons of Anarchy" over the net, I'd ask that you do it legally through the FX website, Hulu or iTunes. Pirating hurts the artist more than the conglomerate. I know it may not seem like a big deal, and you probably justify it by saying, "Oh, Fox can afford it", but it's a huge problem. The truth is every time you illegally download an episode of "Sons", you put actors, writers, and crew out of work. Think about that next time you watch a lime-wire episode.

16. I see "Sons of Anarchy" merchandise all over e-Bay and other internet sites. Is this real SOA stuff? Where can I buy official "Sons of Anarchy" stuff?

No. The stuff on e-Bay is all pirated merchandise. Some of them even blatently say "official SOA" shirts, hats, etc. -- they are not. It's someone selling illegal gear. It's criminal and there is very little we can do to stop it. Again, people justify it by saying, "Oh, Fox can afford it", but once again buying that shit doesn't help the show. The Fox/FX Store is the ONLY place to buy real SOA merchandise. We will be expanding the line extensively very soon.

17. Who is Sam Crow? What does Samcro stand for? Is there a difference between the two?

SAMCRO is an acronym for Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals. Sam Crow is the personification of that acronym. It's how the club refers to themselves. Kinda the way Bob Dole called himself Bob Dole. Over time, the locals began calling them Sam Crow as well. In fact most of the members live in a part of Charming called "Sam Crow's Corner".

18. What is Redwood Originals about? Why isn't the charter called Charming?

Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club was created by John Teller and Piney Winston in November of 1967 and the first charter was called "Redwood". Simply because they weren't settled in any one city. They cruised the Northern California coast from Eureka to Big Sur -- Redwood country. It wasn't until after Gemma became pregnant with her first son, Jackson, that they decided to settle in Charming -- the town where Gemma grew up. At that point, John Teller thought Charming was a little too cute for a charter name, so he called the charter the Redwood Originals. That's when the SAMCRO handle was born.

SutterInk

Just watched the whole first 2 seasons in the past 2 weeks. One of the best shows on TV. Great story lines with even better characters. Great to see Lemon Head getting a bigger role on the show. Season 3 cannot come soon enough.

[quote name='wildcpac']Just watched the whole first 2 seasons in the past 2 weeks. One of the best shows on TV. Great story lines with even better characters. Great to see Lemon Head getting a bigger role on the show. Season 3 cannot come soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Season 3 just started filming at the beginning of this month from what I understand, so expect it to premiere in September.

Im sure nobody will "care" but.....I collect non sports cards...
mostly was collecting sketch cards etc of Hiro from the 2 Heroes series....
I got a little bored and did some digging around and found out some SOA
folks have autograph cards from various other sets....

Ron Perlman aka Clay-
img334.jpg

Katey Sagal aka Gemma-
Sagal.jpg

Johnny Lewis aka Half Sack-
halfsack.jpg

Dendrie Taylor aka Luanne-
img410.jpg

Only need these two-

Sprague Grayden aka Donna aka Opie's wife has one from being on Jericho.

Mitch Pileggi aka Darby has one from being on Stargate Atlantis and X-Files but the X-Files one is a bit more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Chuck Zito filed a lawsuit against FX and Kurt because he supposedly pitched the "SOA" idea a few yrs before Kurt did.

[quote name='Will']Apparently Chuck Zito filed a lawsuit against FX and Kurt because he supposedly pitched the "SOA" idea a few yrs before Kurt did.[/QUOTE]

Chuck Zito says alot of people bite him off. Guy is a complete joke nowadays. Shakespeare has a bigger beef with SOA than Chuck Zito.

Yeah. Just listening to his horsehit from when he did his shows on Sirius is enough for me. Even the whole Benji / Ivy / Chuck feud angle sucked.

I could be wrong but he has this thing with being paid 5 mil because I think Howard talked to him in studio once about UFC and all that crap and he said he would only do it if he's getting a big payday.

Howard refused to let calls finish that said he wanted a big payday cause he sucks and would get owned in 1 round and too embarassed to go again.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So glad to see Kenny Johnson on SOA. Good season opener.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but he'll always be Lem to me.

Second ep wasn't an intense as the first, not that I was expecting it to be, but it was still a good show. This show is rapidly becoming my favorite all time show and it one of the top two or three shows on tv right now.

Lovin' it so far... just wondering what direction they are going in. Things are going slow, but they are progressing...

The show is slowing down, it always starts with a bang and ends up with a bang, this season will be no different. Still probably the best show on tv right now, at least top three. No other show makes me pumped to watch it like SOA does.

[quote name='Pavel6969']The show is slowing down, it always starts with a bang and ends up with a bang, this season will be no different. Still probably the best show on tv right now, at least top three. No other show makes me pumped to watch it like SOA does.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Season 2 had a lot of ups and downs though. Hoping 3 follows suit.

Spoiler'd, just in case.

While I love the show and how it seems it tries to bank on how "realistic" things can be sometimes, I just don't get how the ATF (or any law enforcement organization involved) would not have a tail on where Gemma might go, or where the MC might go. If there's a $25,000 reward on her, one would think there would be quite the manhunt, especially considering what happened.

Aside from that small quirk I have with this season, it's going quite well so far.

[quote name='HydroX']Spoiler'd, just in case.

While I love the show and how it seems it tries to bank on how "realistic" things can be sometimes, I just don't get how the ATF (or any law enforcement organization involved) would not have a tail on where Gemma might go, or where the MC might go. If there's a $25,000 reward on her, one would think there would be quite the manhunt, especially considering what happened.

Aside from that small quirk I have with this season, it's going quite well so far.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The 2 most likely places that they should be staking out, they're not.

Also "I just helped murder someone! That's not 'old lady' enough for ya?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Spoiler'd, just in case.

Aside from that small quirk I have with this season, it's going quite well so far.[/QUOTE]

If it has been upped from 10 to 25 they have no idea where she is and probably can't spare the resources on something that insignificant.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
If it has been upped from 10 to 25 they have no idea where she is and probably can't spare the resources on something that insignificant.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but wouldn't you think they'd check her immediate family's residence(s) first? They're the ATF, for crying out loud.

Long overdue bump.

Season finale was pretty damn good. Had a feeling about the ending and was very satisfying to see Jax's smile confirm my suspicions. I like how they ended the season with a sort of happier ending, yet left open some dilemmas for the club. Can't wait for Season 4.

Season finale was great! So does Opie and Chibbs turn themselves in after now, or did i miss something and they're not going to jail?

[quote name='twanky']Season finale was great! So does Opie and Chibbs turn themselves in after now, or did i miss something and they're not going to jail?[/QUOTE]

Reply in spoiler tags:
Opie and chibbs will be doing the same time as any of the other club members. Opie may have called Stall and Chibbs killed Jimmy but they set it up to look like the IRA came in killed the two

bread's done
Back