Official Southern California CAG Members Thread

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Hey all. Since it seems there are quite a few of SoCal CAGers, maybe we can compile a list of everyone and maybe organize a game night or something, or at the very least, keep us up-to date on videogame stores/deals out in the area.
I will add myself to the list first
Last Updated - 6/22/05

The CAG List:
Beana Blasta - Escondido
Darius Rucker - Gardena
Diiz - Temecula
eldad9 - San Diego
eraser813- Highland
GizmoGC - Simi Valley
godhatesjustyou - Fountain Valley
KingofGames - Ventura
lupe121283 - San Fernando
postaboy - Long Beach
TMac1 - Sherman Oaks
Ugamer_X - Santa Clarita
XboxHardcore.com - San Fernando

Any others? Shout out!

[quote name='JayDouble']Anyone finding any deals at K-Mart or Sears?[/quote]

Not really, I live in La Habra not to far from you, and every time I go to get something thats on the boards its not there or its not the price that it is in other parts of the country

can anyone tell me why the prices in the Kmart clearance thread are not universal in Cali?

I had an item scanned and it was almost at normal price

[quote name='crazyj']can anyone tell me why the prices in the Kmart clearance thread are not universal in Cali?

I had an item scanned and it was almost at normal price[/quote]

It all depends on the Kmart and when they update their prices. Some are on the ball while others will go for months on end before updating.

Hi! I'm new from Culver City here! I play just about every console and most types of games. I suck at FPS but I'm trying. I tend to stay away from RTS. I run a gaming site called GamingAngels.com. I also host a lot of gaming parties so let me know if you are in the area!

Trina ^_^
gamingangeltrinafb7.png

[quote name='Kirra']Seems to be way more PS3s available... I want to find Wiis! Any sightings in SoCal?[/QUOTE]
PS3... there were a bunch (10 or so, didnt check what kind) earlier this week at Moreno Valley BB

As for Wiis... No idea, best bet is to call local stores daily and ask.

[quote name='sasukekun']PS3... there were a bunch (10 or so, didnt check what kind) earlier this week at Moreno Valley BB

As for Wiis... No idea, best bet is to call local stores daily and ask.[/quote]

Everytime I call a local store they seem to be so sick of people looking for Wiis they either quickly say NO and hang up or say NO, but we have PS3s! If anyone in the 626 or 310 area happens to spot one, don't hesitate to share ;). Thanks!

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I went to the target in west hollywood, ca and they were apparently offering rain checks for the wii. I wasnt in need of one but i just thought id might bring this up for others that are looking

You can add me to the list. I'm in Granada Hills in the mid-San Fernando Valley.

It might be more useful for us to organize by area code. I'm in the 818 area.

I'm going to stop by Woodland Hills BB around 1 p.m. but I seriously doubt I'll find anything. They seem to have gone through a major inventory overhaul a few weeks ago and nearly everything more than 2 years old is gone now...

I'll try my luck at a couple this morning. Will report results, though not expecting much. I haven't seen many of the games on the list for some time now.

BB Irvine (Lake Forest) : Arrived at 10am. Saw 3 other people with lists. Nobody had anything. I could find nothing except PS2 Dragonball Z Budokai 3 for $4.99. One of the list guys eventually asked an employee if they had clearance games. The employee led him to a sad endcap with PSP Pinball.

The movie glitch works here. Bought Batman, Batman Returns, Million Dollar Baby, Magnolia, and the 300 preview all for $20 total.

Went to BB Tustin Marketplace: Saw several others with lists. They had some games already, but it turned out to be nothing great: PS2 poker, DS Sprung, some GBA games that weren't on my list. They have a lot of specially marked prices at this BB, but nothing even slightly exciting.

The Circuit City across the street in Irvine Marketplace has a ton of PSP Bust a Move for 9.99 (maybe less) and had PSP Bounty Hounds marked at 14.99 but rings up as 11.21 -- it's an unstickered Cool Deal. Bust a Move might be as well. Still one Bounty Hounds left.

Residing in West Covina and making commutes to Fullerton and Corona weekly

Went to West Covina's Best Buy today, by the time I got there the game section was quite empty ...nothing left actually.

On top of that the BOGO bug did not work at that location and they aren't going to put out the 300 trailer/ticket preview disk till tomorrow. So heads up on that ya'll.

As I expected, the Woodland Hills BB had absolutely nothing from the clearance list. I asked the employee running the game dept if they had actually put any clearance games out on the floor earlier that morning and he said they hadn't. He even remarked that they'd gotten rid of all their old games a month earlier, just as I remembered.

I just moved to Woodland Hills from Ohio. What is up with the Gamerush here? They won't take GBA games for trade in and they told me they don't do any preorders. WTH.

[quote name='jkanownik']I just moved to Woodland Hills from Ohio. What is up with the Gamerush here? They won't take GBA games for trade in and they told me they don't do any preorders. WTH.[/quote]

As a Valley CAG, I'd like to welcome you to the worst GameRush stores in the country, solely purveyors of such fare as That's So Raven: Psychic on the Scene and Lizzie McGuire 3: Homecoming Havoc. :wall:

Lawl thread is olddddd

I'm from Sylmar, don't remember if I posted here already.

EDIT: If anyone finds a Wii in the 818 area, PM me please. I'm having way too hard a time and do not want to hold onto this tax refund forever.

[quote name='thegarageband']Lawl thread is olddddd

I'm from Sylmar[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just moved to Sylmar. I'm off Hubbard. I'll keep an eye peeled for a Wii; usually yhe guys at the EB on Sepulveda are pretty cool....

bread's done
Back