Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

Platted Jak and Daxter, my first plat. Gonna go for skate 2 if the online works.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 9.5/10
  • Approximate Time To Platinum: 120 hours
Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif
I'll be doing Binary Domain most likely.

Well if you need someone count me in.

Also got Call of Duty Ghosts plat. Don't know what all the fuss is about with Extinction. As for the game, online sucks and the campaign was so-so.

Now to work on Blackgate. Did you like it pete?
I liked the game just fine - it was a real decent little Batman metroidvania game just as advertised - definitely don't expect the same game as the console brethren and you'll be fine. I shouldn't have gone trophy chasin' though, that was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth. Should be easier now that there's maps/guides and a lot of the glitchy shit has been fished out I think.

I'm also down for some Binary Domain if I can find a way to meet up at the same time as everyone else (unlikely) - I loved that damn game and was always depressed when I went in to the MP section and it was a complete ghost town. Doubt I'll go the whole bajillion hours, but I would really like to take it for a spin when it hits PS+.

Also, it takes a long ass time to get 100% completion in AC3. Looked at my in-game time today and I just passed 40 hours. It's basically RPG length at this point without all the joyless leveling / baseball card-esque stat fondling.

You guys saying you are down for Binary Domain, are you aware of what the game encompasses for platinum?  I usually only play with people I have played with before (because I know they are dedicated to finishing it).  But Binary would be about 60ish+ hours of boosting and then a few (apparently) hard challenge maps where everyone needs to be good, one weak link will bring down the entire team.  The people I usually boost with use 2 PS3s (myself included) so we only have to boost half the amount of people (1 main account and a dummy account on the 2nd PS3).

In other words there is a reason the platinum is under 1% complete.

Selling 1 Lego Marvel and 1 GTA V resell for $15 each.
I wish I could bring myself to do the gamesharing thing. I would be all over both of those.

Also, it takes a long ass time to get 100% completion in AC3. Looked at my in-game time today and I just passed 40 hours. It's basically RPG length at this point without all the joyless leveling / baseball card-esque stat fondling.
Quoted this part for truth. That game decided to make you do the grind in single player instead of multiplayer like Brotherhood did. I thought I was going to love that game since I like the franchise and the previews made it look bad ass. I ended up hating it by the time I was done. I am not sure if I will get AC4 or not, but once it does the inevitable AC drop to $10 I'll probably forget about my frustrations and play it.

You guys saying you are down for Binary Domain, are you aware of what the game encompasses for platinum? I usually only play with people I have played with before (because I know they are dedicated to finishing it). But Binary would be about 60ish+ hours of boosting and then a few (apparently) hard challenge maps where everyone needs to be good, one weak link will bring down the entire team. The people I usually boost with use 2 PS3s (myself included) so we only have to boost half the amount of people (1 main account and a dummy account on the 2nd PS3).

That is some dedication to trophy hunting. I understand only wanting to deal with people you know will go for the plat. I have quite a few on my friends list I know I can count on for the tougher games. I do not know anyone with the 2 PS3 setup except for people that have roommates or spouses who also play.

I picked up Dark of the Moon from Gamestop yesterday. I almost finished it all in one day. I am just about on level 9 out of 20 on multiplayer and I will get the plat. Super easy game. There was only one trophy I had a bit of trouble with (Body Count).

You guys saying you are down for Binary Domain, are you aware of what the game encompasses for platinum? I usually only play with people I have played with before (because I know they are dedicated to finishing it). But Binary would be about 60ish+ hours of boosting and then a few (apparently) hard challenge maps where everyone needs to be good, one weak link will bring down the entire team. The people I usually boost with use 2 PS3s (myself included) so we only have to boost half the amount of people (1 main account and a dummy account on the 2nd PS3).

Well it's your choice then. I don't spend my life living and breathing trophies but I will aim solely for this plat once it comes out on PS+.

I liked the game just fine - it was a real decent little Batman metroidvania game just as advertised - definitely don't expect the same game as the console brethren and you'll be fine. I shouldn't have gone trophy chasin' though, that was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth. Should be easier now that there's maps/guides and a lot of the glitchy shit has been fished out I think.

I'm also down for some Binary Domain if I can find a way to meet up at the same time as everyone else (unlikely) - I loved that damn game and was always depressed when I went in to the MP section and it was a complete ghost town. Doubt I'll go the whole bajillion hours, but I would really like to take it for a spin when it hits PS+.

Sucks about the glitches. I have it for rental on Gamefly so I hope I like it.

I'm really hoping there is a big boost once it comes out on PS+

Playing Epic Mickey 2, pretty fun game other than the gazillion missables that would make me replay the game over again.

trust me when I say that if you're that serious about grinding out the Binary Domain plat, you don't want me around. I just want to try it out since it's as mythical as bigfoot now, I don't have the nuts for a 60 hour multiplayer grind.

trust me when I say that if you're that serious about grinding out the Binary Domain plat, you don't want me around. I just want to try it out since it's as mythical as bigfoot now, I don't have the nuts for a 60 hour multiplayer grind.
Oh I'm serious, already found a few other people for boosting but I want to play some of the multiplayer for fun too

Oh I'm serious, already found a few other people for boosting but I want to play some of the multiplayer for fun too
then you can invite me when it's fun time instead of bleary-eyed-12th-straight-hour-time!

I imagine the multiplayer plays like some herky jerky replica of the future scenes of Terminator 2 which sounds awesome to me. I've probably built it up too much now and will certainly be disappointed.

That's cool, I didn't mean any disrespect in my post just wanted you guys to know what it entailed cause it's a big grinder and I have always had problems boosting in the past with people who I didn't normally play with on PSN.  But when it goes free I'll give you guys a heads up if I start it right away.

That's cool, I didn't mean any disrespect in my post just wanted you guys to know what it entailed cause it's a big grinder and I have always had problems boosting in the past with people who I didn't normally play with on PSN. But when it goes free I'll give you guys a heads up if I start it right away.
Well it looks like it is just me who's going the whole distance. On Ps3trophies, there are a few people who plan on getting it once PS+ is up.

Btw how many hours a day do you plan on boosting everyday so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Well it looks like it is just me who's going the whole distance. On Ps3trophies, there are a few people who plan on getting it once PS+ is up.

Btw how many hours a day do you plan on boosting everyday so I know what I'm getting myself into.
Depends on when my group starts but I imagine probably every weekend and on night from 6-10 or something since I'm starting a 9-5 job in 2 weeks :( This is all EST as well.

Depends on when my group starts but I imagine probably every weekend and on night from 6-10 or something since I'm starting a 9-5 job in 2 weeks :( This is all EST as well.
9-5 jobs are for chumps!

(can't stop scrolling through your psnprofile)

Edit - 100% in Welcome Park suckas!

i will never "boost" online trophies again. especially ones that take you 50+ hours. such a waste of time.
I hate boosting as well and avoid it where possible but once in a while it's not so bad cause I just catch up on a show while boosting or chat with ppl over Skype.

9-5 jobs are for chumps!

(can't stop scrolling through your psnprofile)

Edit - 100% in Welcome Park suckas!
If being a chump means making good money than sure.

Boosting can be good or bad, it all depends on people you are boosting with. My worst boosting xp was Crysis 2 for XP, terrible people and their attitudes. My best boosting xp was Warhammer 40k, quite a grind for challenges but we all endured till the end and got what we longed for. Just because the game has MP, doesn't mean you need to boost it in every possible ways, except for grinding playing legit.

Speaking of boosting, if anyone grabbed Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on their Vita I'd be willing to boost with you.  We don't need to boost the 30 hours so it should actually be pretty quick.

Plat #24: Ratchet Deadlocked

I honestly didn't know this game was from 05 till I played it and saw how it looked so I read up on it. Anyways I think this was the first Ratchet game I missed out on. Was somewhat fun. Didn't really like the arena concept. So is Crack in Time the next in the series chronologically?

Plat #24: Ratchet Deadlocked

I honestly didn't know this game was from 05 till I played it and saw how it looked so I read up on it. Anyways I think this was the first Ratchet game I missed out on. Was somewhat fun. Didn't really like the arena concept. So is Crack in Time the next in the series chronologically?
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet and clank All 4 one

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Finished the 100% on Germinator last night. Probably would've wrapped up the plat on AC3 this morning but because the universe is intent on preventing it my internet access was horked and all I have left are a handful of MP levels to finish. Internet was all fixed when I left for work. Good one, internet. I just want to finish it before the ps4 gets here!

Thanks RPG. So I'm skipping Tools of Destruction since its pretty old and has no trophies since I have plenty of Ratchet games left and have other games Id rather play. Still have 1,2,3, and Crack in Time left. Plan on getting the new one eventually as well.

It will take practice and a lot of it much like Stardust did and I am betting it will probably be easier if you get a coop partner as the beat it on Experienced doesn't say Solo. Definitely my favorite game currently as I can pick up and play after long sessions of other games.

I just realized they have taken up the approach now of telling you how rare trophies are. Pretty awesome.

It will take practice and a lot of it much like Stardust did and I am betting it will probably be easier if you get a coop partner as the beat it on Experienced doesn't say Solo. Definitely my favorite game currently as I can pick up and play after long sessions of other games.

I just realized they have taken up the approach now of telling you how rare trophies are. Pretty awesome.
ok, turns out i was using a ship that didnt fit my play style. i pick the 1st ship nemesis and its homing missles come into handy quite a bit in level 4 and 5. i just gotta basically beat it with the other 2 ships on rookie and beat it on experienced w/o continuing.

qft

Does the save all humans trophy have to be done in one full run of arcade? Because yikes. I looooove this game.
no it doesnt. i only need to save the humans on the last level. i was 9/10 last night. womp womp. i should have the plat by this weekend. the nemesis ship with its great mobility, boost and homing missiles is where its at.

yea only been using the balanced ship. Did you have to play all levels or just the last to get the *beat game with ship* trophy?

good question. i dont know. i beat all 4 difficulty levels with nemesis. ill try tonight if i dont see an answer when i get home from work.

Anyone have an Injustice Ultimate Edition PS3 slot for sale?  Or willing to start a group?

Also I have 2 phantoms available on XCOM Enemy Within, $6.67 per phantom.

Anyone here platinum Velocity Ultra?  I just finally got the perfect on level 50, which I'm pretty sure is the single hardest part of the game. I've still got lots of cleanup to do, but I think I'm gonna go for it since I was able to perfect 50.

okay so those are the hard ones. Thanks for the tips got blinking blue light so will have to start over on it but wasn't too far so didn't lose much progress

Beat Killzone Shadow Fall on hard today. Felt like it took me awhile. Im happy to be one of the first few to beat the game on hard for the time being. Now to work on platting it. While I play other games as well. 

Almost done with Ben 10 Galactic Racing.  RPG was right, it is pretty fun.

I rented out Batman Origins Blackgate from Gamefly but I can't seem to get into it.

Almost done with Ben 10 Galactic Racing. RPG was right, it is pretty fun.

I rented out Batman Origins Blackgate from Gamefly but I can't seem to get into it.
I am playing Ben 10 again now on Vita after playing it before on PS3. It is a much better kart racer than many of the other ones available.

I think you are the first person I have seen that mentioned Blackgate without saying they enjoyed it.

I finished Jak 3 on Vita yesterday. The whole map L2, L3, R2, and R3 to the rear touch screen made it very frustrating to me. It definitely made the orb glitch more of a challenge without a dedicated button for dark Jak.

#25 Gundam Breaker

Took me over 150 hours but all of it was pure enjoyment.  Can't wait for Gundam Musou 4.

@Gator Sega imo is the best Kart racer on playstation but there aren't many to begin with. 

As for Batman, I think I'm going to go back to it later.  I mean I didn't hate the game but after an hour I didn't have an urge to go back to it.

bread's done
Back