Official Trophy Thread - 4/21: Enhanced Trophy Lists Coming in Firmware 3.30

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: and i was about to fire up MSG4 for the trophy upate :lol:

darn it![/QUOTE]

Yea, they faked me out, too :p

What's funny, is I've had this game since launch (LE, at that), and still haven't played through it because I've always been led to believe a trophy patch was coming (first there were rumors it was coming by US launch, then within a month or two, then when konami drops something else, etc - all unverified and bad rumors).

I think if a trophy patch isn't out by my birthday, I'll go ahead and play it :p

[quote name='Methadon']Yea, they faked me out, too :p

What's funny, is I've had this game since launch (LE, at that), and still haven't played through it because I've always been led to believe a trophy patch was coming (first there were rumors it was coming by US launch, then within a month or two, then when konami drops something else, etc - all unverified and bad rumors).

I think if a trophy patch isn't out by my birthday, I'll go ahead and play it :p[/QUOTE]

:lol: same here, i haven't play it yet... I got the Limited Edition too (exclusive to Gamestop), not to mention the gunmetal MSG PS3 too. I have too many games to play and all of them trophy enabled. So, yeah, I probably get to it, but just don't know when.

The new 3.30 update will be adding some nice new trophy features so that the trophy lists are more customizable/sortable now:
Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
  • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
  • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
  • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

The only other things I'm hoping to see soon is auto-updating trophies and an offline trophy card on the XMB.

Man i can't wait to get my new ps3 and download some firmware. I hope to get back all my gamesaves but i hope i lost all my trophies.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Man i can't wait to get my new ps3 and download some firmware. I hope to get back all my gamesaves but i hope i lost all my trophies.[/QUOTE]

Did or didn't? If you don't want trophies, you have to make a new account. Once when trophies sync with the server, it's permanent. Any trophies that weren't synced are lost though.

Nice to see there are some hardcore platinum trophy hunters on the site. Btw, boosting does not = HOMO lol. I still need to boost all my GTA 4 online trophies for my plat. Anybody bother getting the 80% and 100% mission trophies for Ballad of Gay Tony for 2 measly bronze trophies?

[quote name='inanim8']Nice to see there are some hardcore platinum trophy hunters on the site. Btw, boosting does not = HOMO lol. I still need to boost all my GTA 4 online trophies for my plat. Anybody bother getting the 80% and 100% mission trophies for Ballad of Gay Tony for 2 measly bronze trophies?[/QUOTE]
I'm working on Wanted, Past the Velvet Rope and Gold Star. Those 2 measly bronze are a real pain.

[quote name='mykevermin']watch yer goddamned mouth, newbie.[/QUOTE]

I was semi-quoting somebody else heh.

I can't remember my psn password. Can I still create a psn trophy card for my sig?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I'm working on Wanted, Past the Velvet Rope and Gold Star. Those 2 measly bronze are a real pain.[/QUOTE]

Btw, did you get those 2 bronze TBoGT trophies? I never bothered. Luckily, I'm not the OCD type that needs to get 100% trophies heh.

Any of you care to name games sitting on your shelf that you hardly played because they don't have trophies?

I have Metal Gear Solid 4, Oblivion GoTY, Saints Row 2. Well, my excuse is getting the PS3 last year and already having a huge backlog. Don't know whether to thank CAG or...

Oblivion I stopped playing because I hated the leveling system (not only that the enemies level with you but that unless you raise stills a certain way you aren't leveling efficiently) but the sheer joy of Saint's Row 2 had me complete the main story and most of the side missions.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oblivion I stopped playing because I hated the leveling system (not only that the enemies level with you but that unless you raise stills a certain way you aren't leveling efficiently) but the sheer joy of Saint's Row 2 had me complete the main story and most of the side missions.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Saints Row 2 is one game I can't wait to play. I hear many had more fun with that game than GTAIV and I for one loved that game. I'll consider it as rehab from trophy hunting. :)

[quote name='inanim8']Any of you care to name games sitting on your shelf that you hardly played because they don't have trophies?

I have Metal Gear Solid 4, Oblivion GoTY, Saints Row 2. Well, my excuse is getting the PS3 last year and already having a huge backlog. Don't know whether to thank CAG or...[/QUOTE]

MSG4 is also on my list... where's that damn trophy patch?!?! probably never :whistle2:( also, Valkyria Chronicle, man, i don't understand why they didn't bother with a trophy patch for that game since it got medals and stuff. Other than that, all my PS3 games have trophies.

[quote name='Serpentor']MSG4 is also on my list... where's that damn trophy patch?!?! probably never :whistle2:( also, Valkyria Chronicle, man, i don't understand why they didn't bother with a trophy patch for that game since it got medals and stuff. Other than that, all my PS3 games have trophies.[/QUOTE]
Lol i feel bad that you haven't played thoses games and a trophy patch has little to no chance of ever coming out for them. Trophies are about the gayest thing i have ever seen other than seeing Metaly on TV at the pride parade in SF.

[quote name='inanim8']Any of you care to name games sitting on your shelf that you hardly played because they don't have trophies?

I have Metal Gear Solid 4, Oblivion GoTY, Saints Row 2. Well, my excuse is getting the PS3 last year and already having a huge backlog. Don't know whether to thank CAG or...[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I got rid of all games that dont have trophies, so I would say none. Funny, when trophies and before that gamerscore for Xbox was announce, I too thought like the guy above. But now I wont play a game without trophies since I feel the need to receive a "ding" everytime I do something in a game! HAHAHA...Sad...

[quote name='wrencrest']Sadly, I got rid of all games that dont have trophies, so I would say none. Funny, when trophies and before that gamerscore for Xbox was announce, I too thought like the guy above. But now I wont play a game without trophies since I feel the need to receive a "ding" everytime I do something in a game! HAHAHA...Sad...[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about the dings and working hard on a game achievement, the anticipation of that ding makes it seem that much more gratifying. I wouldn't go that far yet though to get rid of great games because of no trophies. I just haven't touched them much yet.

[quote name='inanim8']I know what you mean about the dings and working hard on a game achievement, the anticipation of that ding makes it seem that much more gratifying. I wouldn't go that far yet though to get rid of great games because of no trophies. I just haven't touched them much yet.[/QUOTE]
Well I am not a collector anyway and hate clutter, so I may be different from a lot of people around here. I constantly get rid of games to get newer ones. I wont play a game after completing it. I always have new games I want to play so I never keep a game for long seeing as how they can be used to lessen the expense of another game. And since I joined CAG I now have nearly 20 games in my backlog. Something I never had before.
So I got rid of my non trophy games because I figured I would never get to them anyway.

I have been playing games for nearly 25 years now. I have bought and sold thousands of games. I cant imagine how much less money I would have now if I kept all those games instead of using them to subsidize my hobby.

[quote name='wrencrest']Well I am not a collector anyway and hate clutter, so I may be different from a lot of people around here. I constantly get rid of games to get newer ones. I wont play a game after completing it. I always have new games I want to play so I never keep a game for long seeing as how they can be used to lessen the expense of another game. And since I joined CAG I now have nearly 20 games in my backlog. Something I never had before.
So I got rid of my non trophy games because I figured I would never get to them anyway.

I have been playing games for nearly 25 years now. I have bought and sold thousands of games. I cant imagine how much less money I would have now if I kept all those games instead of using them to subsidize my hobby.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation, as soon as a finish a game (depending on the game I might not consider it finished until getting platinum) I try to sell it to fuel new game purchases. However I'm still holding my non-trophy enabled games (Lair included!) on the backlog, however, non-trophy games are at the bottom of the to-play list

I have a strange trophy question-- I have 2 PS3s. What happens if I use 1 system to earn half the trophies, and the other system to earn the other half, but I don't sync my system between?

When would the platinum trophy trigger? Would it appear as soon as I updated my trophy card, or would I have to reload the game to haveit register? Would the game even be smart enough to figure it out?

I ask because I was playing Dark Void the other day, and I had 1 trophy left to get, and it looked like there was a glitch on that trophy (fireworks). You can farm it very early on in the game, and I was going to just take the disc into the other room and get my last trophy.

[quote name='KingBroly']Uh...that's a good question. I don't really know.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, that is a really good question and I would like to know the answer too. I would think the game would have to be smart enough to check. Either that or the trophy system is set up such that the PS3 sees all the others are complete and kicks the platinum out automatically? I dunno - but I would think you should be able to get a platinum on a game at a much later time, for example, using a different save file. So that would be like doing it on another system. But yeah, when you find out let us know ;). It sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to test it out for us!

I guess you'd have to sync before getting the final non-Platinum trophy in order to get Platinum. I honestly wouldn't chance it.

[quote name='io']Indeed, that is a really good question and I would like to know the answer too. I would think the game would have to be smart enough to check. Either that or the trophy system is set up such that the PS3 sees all the others are complete and kicks the platinum out automatically? I dunno - but I would think you should be able to get a platinum on a game at a much later time, for example, using a different save file. So that would be like doing it on another system. But yeah, when you find out let us know ;). It sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to test it out for us![/QUOTE]

I didn't have to test it- the trophy triggered while I was farming skill points to do my last weapons upgrade.

My question is this...

I have 2 PS3's. 1 in CT and 1 in NY. I played the game Wet on my NY PS3 and I got 68 Percent Trophies. I took the game to CT and I got up to 86%. Came back to NY and synced my trophies but nothing happened! I have done this before in the past and it worked like a charm...but now it doesn't work! I know I sync on my CT ps3 before coming back to NY. Here is the weird part though. My online stats when you do "Compare Trophies" has the correct amount wherever I check. I checked on my same NY Console and my Friends console. What the hell happened!?!?! Firmware update right?

[quote name='fatboy1111']you have to sync it in CT my man[/QUOTE]
He said that he sync'd bother of them- and the only data (website, trophy compare, etc. reflects that it was done properly). Unless the person feeding him that information is using the same PS3 that is verifying that for him.

Are both of the PS3s on the same firmware?

You guys are talking about the online trophies right? The ones requires the server to log number of kills, exp points etc. right? I think the online trophies don't matter how many PS3s you're playing from. They should trigger as long as the quotas meet.

So, let's say I'm playing War for Cybertron at the moment. If I'm gunning for the online trophies (say get a level 5 on any class), playing on one PS3 under my game tag will save the quotas. As soon as I start playing on a different PS3 (under the same game tag), the online quotas will continue from the previous session. So, it's possible to have the online trophies on the PS3 that you never played online after synchronizing it.

I have never tried this, but I think I'll... I've the Uncharted platinum trophies, On my 2nd PS3, I don't have the saves, I wonder what will happen if I started playing Uncharted on that PS3, will I get the platinum trophy automatically when I synchronize the trophies? I think it should... but there's no plink sound of course :)

I played Demon's Souls on a new system, since I wanted to start fresh. I freaked when I beat Phalanx and the trophy popped up (since I already have the platinum). Synced the servers and everything was fixed.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I played Demon's Souls on a new system, since I wanted to start fresh. I freaked when I beat Phalanx and the trophy popped up (since I already have the platinum). Synced the servers and everything was fixed.[/QUOTE]

New system will record it's own trophies, but once you synch the trophies, you will see that you don't get the same trophies twice in your PSN stat. It's the same thing as you delete the game folders/saves and redo... You can delete trophies locally on the PS3, but not your PSN account.

I have to play Demon's Soul at one point, I keep putting that game off...

make sure you play it before they turn it offline, that's half the experience. and yeah i do the 2 ps3s getting trophies, the worst part is sometimes it doesn't sync right or takes forever to sync, but it seems to go just fine.

[quote name='Serpentor']New system will record it's own trophies, but once you synch the trophies, you will see that you don't get the same trophies twice in your PSN stat. It's the same thing as you delete the game folders/saves and redo... You can delete trophies locally on the PS3, but not your PSN account.

I have to play Demon's Soul at one point, I keep putting that game off...[/QUOTE]

Kind of weird that it does that even after I sync trophies. Transferred all my data from my old system to my slim, synced the trophies, then loaded up MLB 09 to see my trophies disappear. lol. I know they'll reappear when I sync with the server again, but if I resume progress on, say, Infamous (89% complete), I wonder if the game will track my progress properly and give me the trophies when it should.

[quote name='bjstucker']my question is how many platinums Hakoom and Duck will have when PSN comes back up.[/QUOTE]

ZERO - Everything will be wiped clean. We all start anew. ;)

omg i would go crazy. lol. i got a majin plat and almost MoH plat during downtime but i couldnt finish cuz TIER1 needs to be online. ugh, now this credit card info stolen, ugh.

I hear ya. I would go crazy too. I just platinum'd assassin's creed 2 offline. Finally got back to playing it. Just can't find enough time to play as much as I want to. I do have a few more games that I need to get back to where I'm at 90% done.

I popped in Assassin's Creed 2 today to play through the DLC that i never got around to, and I started unlocking trophies left and right. I 100% the game a long time ago, and when i went out to look, it shows that it's at 3%. I'm sure a server sync will fix it, but it's a bit annoying.

yeah, this is costing me money, ugh. i have games from blockbuster and gamefly i can't play cuz they are online only, i can't play Medal of Honor cuz it requires online connectivity for TIER 1, only trophy i dont have. :) i also have to finish co op on dead rising 2.

i also have some 90% to finish like bayonetta, hawx2, yakuza 4.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, this is costing me money, ugh. i have games from blockbuster and gamefly i can't play cuz they are online only, i can't play Medal of Honor cuz it requires online connectivity for TIER 1, only trophy i dont have. :) i also have to finish co op on dead rising 2.

i also have some 90% to finish like bayonetta, hawx2, yakuza 4.[/QUOTE]

You either have ADD or you're an awesome multitasker, my friend. No wonder you have so many plats!!! I doubt I can play so many games at the same time. Plus, my hands were near-crippled platting Bayonetta and I bet the same holds true for Yakuza 4 lol.

Q: Will our download history/friends list/settings be affected by the PSN downtime?
A: No, they will not.
Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

yeah i just have ex hard/infinite climax for yakuza 4/bayonetta, and the stupid fly around the first level of hawx 2 for 3 hours. ugh.

i wish i had more time to play, haha, between work, kids, grrl(s), camping, etc I have been sending more games back tiv then i have time to play. oh wellz. but yeah, at least our trophies won't be lost. It's gonna take some synch time tho, haha.

im not even gonna be able to touch these two high velocity bowling games. i got 2 at bestbuy for 10 each and they trade in for 15 so i locked it in but they are due back on may 7th and you can only play the game online. fantastic. so i guess that's not gonna happen cuz tiv dropped to 7 and im not gonna rent it hoping to find someone to boost with online.

Mortal Kombat looks impossible to plat. My KungFu is Stronger requires 24 hours playtime with each character. beating the ladder takes about 15 minutes playtime about 30 minutes presentation. that means 2 hours of play per day for 24 days for each character. this looks more insance then resistance 2 kills or iambadcompany.

and thanx bro, i multitask/toke/add/vault so it all works out well ;) plus id been platting games(lol, like completeing chrono trigger and ff6 and speedruns) forever, i just like how trophies document it like a journal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']I popped in Assassin's Creed 2 today to play through the DLC that i never got around to, and I started unlocking trophies left and right. I 100% the game a long time ago, and when i went out to look, it shows that it's at 3%. I'm sure a server sync will fix it, but it's a bit annoying.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about sequences 12 &13? I didn't realize they were missing until I read up on a walkthrough after finishing the story mode. If it's free, I guess I'll need to download those once PSN is back up.

bread's done
Back