*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I just need to express that I redeemed myself with this deal. I missed out on the CC and BB ones. I got:

Kill.Switch $20
Otogi $15
Jedi Academy $15
Metal Gear Solid Substance $7.50

Saved $57.50

[quote name='hoshi']One thing a co-worker reminded me of a few minutes ago over AIM...

The 50%-off sale is TRU desparately trying to clear out aged inventory. So, to my understanding, TRU will be aggressively marking things down further as time goes on. We're talking possibly 60%, 75% or more off. I'm being told that the percentage off will increase into October. After that, it's speculated that TRU will order that the remaining clearance merchandise will be sent away and destroyed.

Honestly, with a lot of people here buying up 10 to 20 games, waiting around for further discounts seem like a huge gamble. Ah well... Just thought I'd inform.

-Hoshi[/quote]

WOW!! Prolly means they wont restock then huh?

SkinAkuma, actually TRU does have different SKN numbers for PS2s. Theres been about 3 or 4 different SKNs for it. The one before the current one was 600876. Then all the Plus model PS2s are 910034. The SKN numbers change when Sony dictates a new SKU(although some SKN numbers had multiple PS2 models under them). The SKN for the bundle that is $115 is 858105. Amazon has them on their website for $190 if you do a search using that number.

Mixmaster, iirc the PS2 bundles cost was somewhere around $200, so thats like an $85 loss. I think TRU may be getting reimbursed a little bit from the company who sold them the bundles but maybe not. I know they still supply TRU some stuff so they still have agreements with them.

I managed to pickup .hack 3 and Otogi for $15, and also got the last Ikaruga @ the Salem TRU. Also had them check a bunch of games like True Crime, Soul Caliber 2 and such but nothing rang up on sale.

TRU could restock some of the games(no old systems since the warehouses are completely empty of them). In the message TRU sent out about the clearance deals they said they would get all the clearance inventory out of the warehouses and into the stores. So there may still be some games in the warehouses left, but most likely it would be more of the newer stuff.

Hi there! Here's a few more for your list:

-Klonoa ( GBA ) $9.99
-Jimmy Neutron ( GBA ) $9.99
-Super Duper Sumos ( GBA ) $9.99

And special thanks to the CAG member who stopped by the TRU in Glendale, CA and told me about this community. 'Now i have a new forum to visit. /:)

I'll post more titles as i discover them....

See ya!
-V

[quote name='Icelight']So...I take it no-one in Canada has tried this yet...

Or is there even a Canadian here...

::crickets chirp::[/quote]

I would go out on a limb and say 'unlikely'. TRU in the US operates independently from Canadian outlets, and sales/promotions conducted in one country rarely, if ever extends to another. I know this was true of the BOGO promotion last fall. If there's one retailer that needs to clear old stock, it's TRU in Canada (it's like paying a visit to a museum every time I set foot in a southern Ontario location :wink: )

[quote name='tubtub']SkinAkuma, actually TRU does have different SKN numbers for PS2s. Theres been about 3 or 4 different SKNs for it. The one before the current one was 600876. Then all the Plus model PS2s are 910034. The SKN numbers change when Sony dictates a new SKU(although some SKN numbers had multiple PS2 models under them). The SKN for the bundle that is $115 is 858105. Amazon has them on their website for $190 if you do a search using that number.

Mixmaster, iirc the PS2 bundles cost was somewhere around $200, so thats like an $85 loss. I think TRU may be getting reimbursed a little bit from the company who sold them the bundles but maybe not. I know they still supply TRU some stuff so they still have agreements with them.[/quote]. Where are the SKU's located again?

is there any validity to the XBOX deal?

to the guy who's keeping a list of all the games: you forgot to put a price next Dead or Alive 3.

Before I open this thing up can anyone tell me if the 5.6" game screen for Xbox is a POS or not? There were only two left so I took a gamble. It was normally 169.99, 85.00 taken off because of green tag, 8.50 taken off with employee discount and a 10 off 50 coupon which knocked it down to 66.49 before tax, 71.14 after...

Has anyone checked Sega Sports Tennis (PS2) yet? It's not on the list, and I didn't feel like scrolling through 39 pages of posts to see if someone tried it. :p

[quote name='Mishimaryu']anything on these...

Bloody Roar 4
R Type Final
Maximo Ghost to Glorty
Maximo Army of Zin[/quote]

I was wondering about r-type as well. I imagine we both saw the same copies :wink:

Any word on Magic Pengel? I can't see how this wouldn't be 50% off.

[quote name='Icelight']Sigh, and none willing to try things like checking this deal for the unwilling-to-try-themselves-before-confirmation people, like me :D

Anyway, I'll stop being off-topic...[/quote]

hmmm... if you really wanted to know, you could always buy something and return it later if it's not 50% off :p

[quote name='meotraix']Hey, a lot of people are saying that got SSX 3(GC) for $10. But I'm still wondering if the PS2 version of SSX 3 is on the deal too.[/quote]

i got my ps2 version (last one in the store) for $10, but check out what hoshi said...

[quote name='hoshi']I thought this thread would fizzle out between pages 25 and 30. Wow.

At work today, my manager lady showed me a list of games that were on the 50% off list, but are now excluded - which will probably take effect tomorrow morning. I only recall SSX 3 PS2, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, DDR MAX bundle (can't remember if it was for XB or PS2), and Fairly Odd Parents GBA. There are others, but my shoddy memory forgets. Just a warning.

-Hoshi[/quote]

again, thanks op, yellowaznboy, hoshi and all the other contributors to the list :)

the gamecube zelda bundle for 50 bucks seems great, im trying too convince my friend too get it, it comes with the cube and wind waker right?

The lady lied to us, pure and simple. And we'll be letting a lot of people know about how we were treated by management at TRU. No wonder the place can't stay in business, they don't want customers buying anything.[/quote]

I rarely bought anything from TRU because they were overpriced. I have been there when a woman almost got into a fist fight with a manager over something and an acquantiance claims that he was given a rough time when he tried to return something (unopened, even).

Anyway, has anyone seen the game boy player for the gamecube in the TRU sale? I was not given the option to see the list.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']the gamecube zelda bundle for 50 bucks seems great, im trying too convince my friend too get it, it comes with the cube and wind waker right?[/quote]

Not Wind Waker (which is getting cheaper) but you get the Zelda collector's disc . . . with the original 2 NES titles, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (N64 games) but not the SNES game my fave . . .good disc

Made a second run to TRU last night just for a copy of:

SSX3 (GC) - $10

One copy left at the Peabody, MA location.

I checked Ribbit King for GC and it wasn't part of the deal. Maybe it was only the PS2 version? I might have missed it in the thread. They had a few copies on either platform. Looks like a cute little game.

I went to the TRU in Marion, IL. yesterday and they a ton of these 50% games and just crap. If anyone is near this store go check it out. I could have gone hog wild but after the BB and CC deals my wife cut me off. Regardless, I picked up:

PS2
Mark of Kri: 7.50

Xbox:
Beyond Good and Evil: $10 (major score)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy: 6.50
Hulk: $10

So Hulk is another one that can be added to list. Like I said the Marion, IL. TRU is packed full of great titles. I asked a manager when the offical clearance was going to take place and he said between early and mid Sept., so we may be able to cherry pick for the next couple of weeks until the masses hear about the sale. Let's just hope the Fat Wallet jerks don't ruin this one.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Wario64']
Stores actually destroy merchandise that aren't sold after clearance. I remember hearing about one TRU store destorying Dreamcast console and games because they weren't being sold[/quote]

Well then it must be true if you "remember hearing about"another TRU doing it too...[/quote]

He heard about it from me...It was a TRU in IL that dumped their entire Dreamcast/N64 section into the compactor a few months back...true story...

Well, I went back to get my buddy Medal of Honor :Rising Sun for the GC(Which is $15 bucks after the discount. Not bad) and as I was waiting for him to get the game, I looked in the back and saw a whole ton of of games on the list, but not on the floor. The guy said they only put games on the floor they "thought would sell", so if you don't see that Rez you want, ask if the *may* have one in the back. That's how I got mine.

Can a Mod please put the list on page Eleven on the 1st paghe of this thread. I would if I could. It would be a great help.

I picked up Super Monkey Ball for $10. Also, the G-Force2 GC controller is half off for $14.99. .hack part 1 was -not- on sale, neither was Metroid Prime.

These were some of the games my Toys R Us had in the back, while all those copies of Sphinx and Spy Hunter festered on the shelves:

ToysRUsHaul2.jpg

I cannot stress the fact that you guys NEED TO ASK IF THEY HAVE ANY IN THE STOCKROOM. This is one of those bizzare ass cases where the store actually doesn't put out things to sell. I'm thankful for my TRU, because no one ever goes there. I was the only person in the games section the 3 times I went. If you guys don't have that luxury, make sure you have an employee check. I also noted that the lists the individual stores received only shows the sale games that they HAVE IN STOCK. If you see Paper Mario etc on the list, but don't see it on the floor, it has to be around somewhere(unless of course, they sold it before you got there). I hope this helps some CAGs find those elusive "backroom games".

Reality's Fringe said:
These were some of the games my Toys R Us had in the back, while all those copies of Sphinx and Spy Hunter festered on the shelves:

ToysRUsHaul2.jpg

I cannot stress the fact that you guys NEED TO ASK IF THEY HAVE ANY IN THE STOCKROOM. This is one of those bizzare ass cases where the store actually doesn't put out things to sell. I'm thankful for my TRU, because no one ever goes there. I was the only person in the games section the 3 times I went. If you guys don't have that luxury, make sure you have an employee check. I also noted that the lists the individual stores received only shows the sale games that they HAVE IN STOCK. If you see Paper Mario etc on the list, but don't see it on the floor, it has to be around somewhere(unless of course, they sold it before you got there). I hope this helps some CAGs find those elusive "backroom games".

Oh bloody hell..... I have to pay another trip to my Toys'R'Us then! I didn't ask whether they had it in the back, just checked the displays and the glass case.

Could they check whether they have it in-stock if you call their store number?

Damn it. I was trying to save money to take care of some things. But noting these 40 pages of thread and some specific games I've had my eye on: Hunter, PoP, Mario Kart DD, Links '04, Pinball of the dead, Game Boy Advance..may be to hard to resist. Instead of reading through all of this and before racing to my TRU can someone PERSONALLY confirm Mario Kart Double Dash @ $25?!?

Reality's Fringe said:

ToysRUsHaul2.jpg

maybe i'm a bit confused, but what is this "list" and where can you find it that shows what is in stock? I see the list posted in the forums of what games are avalible for the clearance, but my TRU didn't have many of the games I was looking for or at least out for sale.

Mario Kart doesnt ring up as part of the green tag sale. Its probably just the Bonus Disc bundle - if anything.

I picked up Silent Hill 3, PoP, and Tao Feng.

[quote name='The_Continental']Picked upVagrant Story (ps1) for $10...[/quote]

Where the hell did that one come from? :p Is that the one with the cracked case?

bread's done
Back