*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Nothing much in Mr. X's neighborhood. Knowing it was going to be A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS to ask the goobers to ring up the games and TOTAL THEM was preventing me showing up yesterday. SO of course Mr. X has to ask 2 GOOBERS to ring the TOTAL of games not once, but like 4 freaking times. "I know it's ringing up regular price, I SAID TOTAL IT! (I may stay away from this in the future)... Of course as anticipated that Mario Kart DD was utter fantasy and Mr. X got mystified again. So this is obviously either VERY YMMV or doesn't exist (at least in Mr. X's neighborhood). Then the goobers proceeded to ask Mr. X where he "got his sources from". Mr. X stared blanky in goober's face and said "can't reveal my sources, I have a confidentiality agreement" in other words none of your fucking business (Look on goober's face priceless), Games Mr. X copped: Hunter Redeemer, PoP, Super Monkey Ball (PLAYA'S CHOICE). Total (with that damn tax): $31.xx. Also I didn't notice this, SO ADD: KILLSWITCH (PS2): $20. (Mr. X had to pass on this since he anticipates a further price drop and needs to eat this week)......

Yeah it was, I bought it anyway. I'll play the one in the cracked case, and keep the sealed non-gh one for the collection -

There's a whole bunch of ps1 and gba stuff we didn't even notice the other day... it's by the board games.

they had a lot of Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA - $10 - I passed up on it. There was also a copy of CVS 2 there, but alas - it is not discounted. Someone will probably pay full price for it sooner or later, but not me.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='The_Continental']Picked upVagrant Story (ps1) for $10...[/quote]

Where the hell did that one come from? :p Is that the one with the cracked case?[/quote]

Oh yeah, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis XBOX is 50% off - $14.99. Even though I could have had this for this price with the GGC at Best Buy a couple of months back but ultimately passed on it, I ended up snatching one up now.

Jeremy

Thank you to the EXTREMELY nice sales lady at my TRU for letting me see the list (!!!) and browse the shelves unbothered... hell, they even asked me to PLEASE clean them out... so here's my take:

Links 2004 (XB)- $15
Deus Ex: IW (XB)- $10
Metal Arms (PS2)- $10
Mark of Kri (PS2)- $7.50
Rygar (PS2)- $15
Star Wars: Rebel Strike (GC)- $10
Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (PS2) - regular price
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)- $10
KOF 2000/01 (PS2)- $15
Frequency (PS2)- $7.50
XB Exhibition vol 1 (XB)- $2.50
XB Exhibition vol 2 (XB)- $2.50
PS Underground Jampack 2001 (PS2)- $2.00
Voodoo Vince (XB)- $10
Devil May Cry (PS2) -regular price*
Megaman X5 (PS1)- FREE!!!*

From Target near the TRU:
Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2)- $3.00
LOK: Defiance (PS2)- $9.00

*she rang up DMC at the regular price but when she scanned off MMX5, it did NOT appear on the receipt and I didn't know until I had left that it wasn't there and was NOT charged for... but score one for me, I guess... :wink:

Oh yeah, this pushes me WELL over 100 games owned combined next gen (GC/PS2/XB)... :shock: just think... if I had NEVER traded away anything, I'd be talking 200, maybe more... and I think that's what I'll do: never trade in ever again... I want to start officially collecting them...

I'm at the tallahassee CC right NOW, Magical Pengal something is 20 dollars. Should I get the sphinx t shirt for 2.98? Oh, they still look at me like I'm gonna steal something!

[quote name='suko_32']Oh, they still look at me like I'm gonna steal something![/quote]

They do this to me everywhere... especially Best Buy, which is NOTORIOUS for it... my girlfriend works in retail and says that associates have to approach you to offer assistance, but BB's cronies (no offense to present CAG company, of course) do more of a 'hover the hell over you until you fawking buy something or get out...' that's why I stay away from those places and go to EB where I'm the regular of regulars, and I can be myself...

I just got home from my TRU, and unfortunately, they had a pretty weak selection of games.
I ended up with the following, which I was happy with, but I didn't get the few games I was really looking for.
I bought...

Romance of Three Kingdoms VIII- PS2 ($15)
The King of Fighters 00/01- PS2 ($15)
Onimusha Tactics- GBA ($10)
Voodoo Vince- Xbox ($10)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what I got, but some stuff did not scan for me. The following, even when totaled, came up at regular price...

Ribbit King (GCN)
Frequency (PS2)
Amplitude (PS2)
DDRMax 2 (PS2)

I definitely had the cashier total them, and they all came out at regular price. Odd...

[quote name='suko_32']Is Megaman x5 for 10 a good deal?[/quote]

I'd say so, it's a pretty uncommon game, I don't remember ever seeing it, in fact.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='suko_32']Is Megaman x5 for 10 a good deal?[/quote]

I'd say so, it's a pretty uncommon game, I don't remember ever seeing it, in fact.[/quote]

It's not uncommon or anything, but it's a solid game. X4's a lot better.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='suko_32']Is Megaman x5 for 10 a good deal?[/quote]

I'd say so, it's a pretty uncommon game, I don't remember ever seeing it, in fact.[/quote]

It's not uncommon or anything, but it's a solid game. X4's a lot better.[/quote]

Really? Not uncommon? Odd, I seriously have never seen X5 around, but, eh, probably just me and my constantly blurred vision.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Must resist! By now my TRU is sold out. But I have so many games siting here I'm not going to buy more. Even though I want to.[/quote]

Your signature says it all.

[quote name='GhostsToGlory']

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what I got, but some stuff did not scan for me. The following, even when totaled, came up at regular price...

Ribbit King (GCN)
Frequency (PS2)
Amplitude (PS2)
DDRMax 2 (PS2)

I definitely had the cashier total them, and they all came out at regular price. Odd...[/quote]

Maybe those were games that were taken out of the sale today.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='suko_32']Is Megaman x5 for 10 a good deal?[/quote]

It's not uncommon or anything, but it's a solid game. X4's a lot better.[/quote]

Really? Not uncommon? Odd, I seriously have never seen X5 around, but, eh, probably just me and my constantly blurred vision.[/quote]

It's just that when it was released, I think we and the rest of the world were in a 'ok, how many more X's can Capcom do?' type of mood... and then the 'shocked' us with X6 a few short months later... and then came X7, which in turn will beget X8 later this/next year... oh for crying out loud, retire the damned series...

OK, I found some .01 guides. When I scan em they say price cannot be found. When I take them to the cashier, what should I do or happen?

[quote name='WhoopieCushion']are these prices online too?[/quote]

Nope, I'm about 99 percent sure these are B&M only, as this sale isn't supposed to be going on now, but, like the CC sale, it leaked.

[quote name='suko_32']Sure, I'm asian, dead giveaway. Doubt you're reading this though.[/quote]
Acutally, I'm delayed by some schoolwork. Probably won't be leaving for another 30. Leave some for me lol . Maybe you'll still be there but if not good luck.

Nevermind, it had to SKN numbers. So all I have now is 2 Yu-Gi-Oh Dungeon dice monsters Guide, still happy of a cent each!!

My CAG summer cold streak is finally over !
I missed out on the BB & CC sales, but lucked out here. :)
I picked up :
- Sega Soccer Slam - GCN - $10
- BG & E - XB - $10
_ Boktai - GBA - $8

I wanted Freedom Fighters & Paper Mario, but they didn't have any.
I'm hoping to be able to get Simpsons H&R & Ikaruga later this week when i get paid.

Last week i found Shadowman 2 for PS2 for 5 bucks at CC.I also picked up an N64,memory card,and Jet Force Gemini,at EB, all for 15 bucks !

This last 2 weeks has gone a long way towards making up for all the missed deals this summer.
I hope this continues. ;)

[quote name='The_Continental']Yeah it was, I bought it anyway. I'll play the one in the cracked case, and keep the sealed non-gh one for the collection -

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='The_Continental']Picked upVagrant Story (ps1) for $10...[/quote]

Where the hell did that one come from? :p Is that the one with the cracked case?[/quote][/quote]

You know you can part the jewel case, remove the back cover insert, and put it in a non-cracked case, right? I do that all the time with PSone games and CDs. It takes a little pressure to separate the back panel, but it's well worth it. I also do that with PS2/Xbox games with bad cases: I just switch the case with a nicer one from a game that's not as valuable.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='The_Continental']Yeah it was, I bought it anyway. I'll play the one in the cracked case, and keep the sealed non-gh one for the collection -

Where the hell did that one come from? :p Is that the one with the cracked case?[/quote][/quote]

You know you can part the jewel case, remove the back cover insert, and put it in a non-cracked case, right? I do that all the time with PSone games and CDs. It takes a little pressure to separate the back panel, but it's well worth it. I also do that with PS2/Xbox games with bad cases: I just switch the case with a nicer one from a game that's not as valuable.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm aware, but I wasn't buying this copy to open it ;-).

Add to the list:

RPG Maker 2 PS2 - $25
D & D Heroes Xbox - $10
HSX Hypersonic Xtreme - PS2 $5

Oh and if nobody answered this, R Type Final is not on sale.

I'm sorry if anyone has asked/answered this yet, but has anyone else had any luck with Disgaea? I tried picking that one up and it rang up at full price, even after the cashier hit total. I was completely bummed.

Just got back from TRU in TOLEDO, OH. First one on Monroe St. was somewhat picked over but then I went to the Alexis location (between Lewis and Telegraph) and they had a pretty good selection...almost nobody in the store. I managed to pick up:
Links 2004 x2 (last ones, 1 for my brother as gift...not Ebay)
Hunter: the Redeemer

Other notable titles that i saw were:
Panzeer Dragoon Orta
Deus Ex: IW
POP
Shenmue 2
NBA Street V:2
XIII (still marked as $50 there)
SW: Jedi Knight
and I believe there was a Viewtiful Joe for GC.

Good luck and thanks to the founder of the deal.

Just FYI, Just went to Toyrus in San Mateo, CA, the employe start putting the 50% games on the table the place where they ussually put a bargain games. Not many choices though.

I'm about to leave, I found. PSone carrying case (silver) 5. PSone AV cable 1.24. Gamecube carrying case 3 I think(distributed by BD&A). PS2 vertical stand 3.45. They stare at my basket now...the employees I mean. Yvpls or something (sorry, hard to spell) where are you!?

I really don't like our employees.

Oh. And if you can make it out of the store with that Nintendo table cloth, I'll give you 10 bucks.

I just got back from a TRU in Wisconsin (finally got to one of these deals before the store got picked clean :D)

GBA Two Towers
GBA Onimusha Tactics

GC PacMan World / PacMan vs
GC The Sims
GC Sphinx

(Was hoping for Phantasy Star Collection....or THUG....but I have a friend checking for those games in another town.)

Edit: Ribbit King GC didn't ring up at clearence price. Also....why didn't I read about the $75 XBoxes until after I ran out. Now I've gotta make some phone calls!!!

Went to TRU in Marion, IL. They had a couple Xbox Tertis/SW bundles. I took one to the register and it rang up 244 after Tax. So no 75 dollar Xbox joy for me. :(

Got back a little while ago from the Toy 'R Us in Danville, VA. The lady who got my games was nice. She said she had 14 pages of games to go through and said that she was glad I got the good deals and there would be more.

I got...

Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix w/special controller (Xbox) for $34.99
Arc the Lad Collection (PS1) $34.99 (They still had at least on copy of this left)
Double Dragon Advance $14.99 (I believe I got the last copy of this)

Best deal I got...

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'S Way (PC) $3.99 :shock: (I didn't see that listed earlier today)

I was going in planning to spend no more than $50 and I ended up spending $92.96 Just want to thank CAG for making me poor again, lol. :roll:

NOTE: They still had a couple of Disgaea's left if anyone is headed out there.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='Richter']picked up Lost Kingdoms 2, who wanted one?[/quote]

no me, but what was the deal with the toys?[/quote]my store had no Gundam kits, only a few crappy toys

Well, another day, another major find by me.

I went to three TRUs in my IL area -- Golf Mill, Hawthorne, and a second trip back to the Arlington Heights location. I didn't buy anything at the Golf Mill location, but I struck gold at the Hawthorne location.

Already noted:
Street Fighter EX 3 -- 9.99

New additions to the list:
KISS: Psycho Circus (DC) -- 4.99

and the major find of the day:
Gamecube Broadband Adapter -- 19.99 (1 left now at the Hawthorne TRU)

I'm stoked! I can now play Mario Kart on a LAN! (I already have two Gamecubes, a BB Adapter and MK:DD, and I scored a second copy of MK:DD w/bonus disk for $5 during the CC sale.)

I also found the last copy of .HACK:INFECTION (Part 1) at the Hawthorne TRU. It wasn't a green tag promo, but it was on sale/discounted to 19.99.

I also snagged Gladius (XB) for 14.99 at the Arlingtion Heights location.

All in all, it's been a great weekend, and the selection at my local TRUs is very impressive. There's a lot of games to choose from, as I've seen ample copies of the majority of games on the list. No Zelda Gamecubes, though. :( The prices aren't as great as the CC sale, but I only saw 1 CAG'er with a list at 6 TRUs over the last three days. When the CC sale hit, I saw guys with lists as early as 10:00 am on July 4th (myself being one of them). :)

[quote name='slidecage']has anyone tried the megaman batte chip 3 blue or white those r sort of old love to get them for 7.50[/quote]

Nope, 15.

bread's done
Back