*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Just got back - I couldn't really go crazy like the CC sale, not enough money.

Picked up:

MVC2 (xbox) $20
BG&E (xbox) $10
Hunter: Redeemer (xbox) $10
Frquency (ps2) $7.50

I'm giddy about MVC2 - I know it's not $5, but $20 ain't bad.

Awesome Continental,
I'll have to check this out tonight. Although I'm only really interested in PoP since I just got MvC2 for PS2. Although, I heard it's also good on Xbox.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Is there any way to identify these games? I remember the BOGO sale, someone mentioned that they will have XXXX's on the shelf tag? Would this sale be the same?[/quote]

would also like to know...

another question:

does the new price show up in a price check, or do you actually have to check out for the new prices to take effect? I know this has happened with previous TRU sales, the actual price didn't show up until you had to pay.

Actual price appeared when I paid.

[quote name='waxHead']another question:

does the new price show up in a price check, or do you actually have to check out for the new prices to take effect? I know this has happened with previous TRU sales, the actual price didn't show up until you had to pay.[/quote]

I'm getting the feeling that this applies to discontinued games ...

[quote name='igreenbe']Another question...and this might be quite a dumb one :)...anyhow - does this apply to ALL games, or certain ones?[/quote]

[quote name='igreenbe']Another question...and this might be quite a dumb one :)...anyhow - does this apply to ALL games, or certain ones?[/quote]

Read the original post! Only certain games are included.

thanks for the quick response. I might go try this in a few mins, price check a few games (like MGS 2) and see if they come up cheaper. if they don't then it'll be more difficult to figure out the games on sale, unless we get a full list.

[quote name='The_Continental']Actual price appeared when I paid.

[quote name='waxHead']another question:

does the new price show up in a price check, or do you actually have to check out for the new prices to take effect? I know this has happened with previous TRU sales, the actual price didn't show up until you had to pay.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='igreenbe']Another question...and this might be quite a dumb one :)...anyhow - does this apply to ALL games, or certain ones?[/quote]

Read the original post! Only certain games are included.[/quote]

Right - but which games are included? I guess I'm getting ahead of myself since we don't know exactly which games are included at this point.

some games included:

transworld surf
madden 2002
sphinx
bg&e
PoP
obi wan
yakuza missions

these were for xbox
you have to check out for price to appear
and there was a ton more i cant remember
some are still shelved: all three i picked up were on the shelf; some are on a table

I went there today (about hour ago) and they looked at me lke i was nuts they said they had no plans on dropping nothing besides some DC crap. Ie the Rf switch

[quote name='EddieBelfour']some games included:

transworld surf
madden 2002
sphinx
bg&e
PoP
obi wan
yakuza missions

these were for xbox
some are still shelved: all three i picked up were on the shelf; some are on a table[/quote]

prices on those would be helpful...for example if PoP is 39.99 and they mark it down to 19.99 after 50% off, there really is no deal

[quote name='slidecage']I went there today (about hour ago) and they looked at me lke i was nuts they said they had no plans on dropping nothing besides some DC crap. Ie the Rf switch[/quote]

Yeah I definitely think this is very YMMV because of the fact some toys r us's are planning on going out of business. I could be wrong though or maybe it's to early in the sale to jump the gun.

[quote name='bowsernieb']So this is YMMV or everywhere? Must...know...

Cause if it's everywhere, I can stop at TRU on my lunch break and check it out.[/quote]

Knowing TRU, it's probably YMMV.

At the Rockaway, NJ location I got Guilty Gear XX for $15, BG&E for $10, and I have no idea if this was a glitch or not, but the PS2 Online Pack for $75 :shock: . Was it Discontinued?

By the way, the following games weren't 50% off:
Both Maximo games
Nightshade
Disgaea
Viewtiful Joe
Castlevania: COTM
La Pucelle Tactics

I was almost certain Nightshade would have been 50% off, but it wasn't.

[quote name='Parathod']At the Rockaway, NJ location I got Guilty Gear XX for $15, BG&E for $10, and I have no idea if this was a glitch or not, but the PS2 Online Pack for $75 :shock: . Was it Discontinued?[/quote]

WOW, I would almost buy a PS2 again for that price

[quote name='Parathod']At the Rockaway, NJ location I got Guilty Gear XX for $15, BG&E for $10, and I have no idea if this was a glitch or not, but the PS2 Online Pack for $75 :shock: . Was it Discontinued?[/quote]

Are you referring to the PS2 system itself? If you are....Holy Crap!!

[quote name='Parathod']By the way, the following games weren't 50% off:
Both Maximo games
Nightshade
Disgaea
Viewtiful Joe
Castlevania: COTM
La Pucelle Tactics

I was almost certain Nightshade would have been 50% off, but it wasn't.[/quote]

was just curious, how much did Disgaea ring up for?

[quote name='Parathod']I have no idea if this was a glitch or not, but the PS2 Online Pack for $75[/quote]

Holy crap. I'm totally buying another if that's the case.

was just curious, how much did Disgaea ring up for?

$50 :?

Are you referring to the PS2 system itself? If you are....Holy Crap!!

Yep, PS2 w/ Network Adapter and ATV 2. The funny thing is, I planned on getting it today anyway. I didn't think it would be 50% off. It's the only store around here with the Online Bundle still for sale.

Just went on my lunch hour. Grabbed a few of the games that have been posted here for XBox and they rang up at the marked price (i.e. not a deal). Maybe it'll kick in later, but so far, no dice...

[quote name='tubtub']TRU is starting a 50% off discontinued and X status items deal. The promo started ringing up today, but stores will start putting up advertising on August 22nd. And they are doing it by world and the video game section is one of the last sections. So until they send out the list of all the items on sale to the stores, it will be interesting to see what people find. Pretty much all DC, N64, SNES, etc. are part of the sale. Also, there are some GC, XB, PS2, and GBA games. I think almost everything that was part of the BOGO deal last month is part of the new 50% off deal(thus making it the same price as the BOGO deal for those who missed out, except this time you only need to buy 1 item). Anyway, I don't have a list of much, but it is better than most of the other deals as they have some better games as part of this deal. For example, The Lord of the Rings Two Towers for Gamecube is part of it(only $10 for the game, reg. $20). To find out if the item is on sale, it will say "Fall Clearance" when you scan the item at the register or a price checker. I'll have more info soon, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up to this deal. Could end up being like the CC deal for awhile where nothing is really marked, but people just find out from others whats on sale.[/quote]I was there last night and I was wondering why certain price tags had a big black "X" marked on them...thanks!

If this is YMMV at all, I'm going to bet that the one I would go to (Times Square) isn't running a deal. That one's not going out of business anytime soon...

[quote name='jshorr']If this is YMMV at all, I'm going to bet that the one I would go to (Times Square) isn't running a deal. That one's not going out of business anytime soon...[/quote]

Yeah definitely any store that has a high income revenue is probably not on this, but any store not can't meet quotas will probably be going the way of the dodo.

My Toys R Us put red tags on anything that applied to the BOGO deal, and a sign saying "Anything with a red tag is BOGO"

My Toys R Us also has the price check scanners placed in the store. I'm going once I leave the office today.. because if this applies to all of the BOGO games, it will make navigation extremely easy. If not, POP and Silent Hill 3 are well worth the trip.

Well, mine looks like the floor hasn't been mopped since New Years, and the place is a ghost-town. Think I got a shot?

[quote name='bvaldez']Well, mine looks like the floor hasn't been mopped since New Years, and the place is a ghost-town. Think I got a shot?[/quote]

Definately... that's how my Toys R Us is, its just a fluke that they did the red tag thing. If you can catch everybody off guard about this, then you have a pick of games. Remember... employees like snagging deals too... that's why I was cheated out of Jedi Outcast from the CC sale.

For you guys wanting RAD, I remember it being a BOGO game at my TRU. I'd say hunt down the thread with the list of BOGO games, and wreak your havoc.

[quote name='jshorr']If this is YMMV at all, I'm going to bet that the one I would go to (Times Square) isn't running a deal. That one's not going out of business anytime soon...[/quote]

Correct. I was just there and everything was ringing up full price.

Jeremy

OK, just got back from TRU. I picked up two PS2 games:

Warhammer 40K - $9.99
King of Fighters 00/01 - $14.99

Prince of Persia for GC is $19.95, so it's NOT part of this deal, unless their regular price was $40. The receipt actually shows the $$$ off the regular price. I also treid Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2 and that was not part of the deal either.

waaaaaait a minute... wouldn't this make the Zelda gamecube bundle 50% off????

They had a couple at my TRU a month or two ago. Somebody give some input

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, just got back from TRU. I picked up two PS2 games:

Warhammer 40K - $9.99
King of Fighters 00/01 - $14.99

Prince of Persia for GC is $19.95, so it's NOT part of this deal, unless their regular price was $40. The receipt actually shows the $$$ off the regular price. I also treid Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2 and that was not part of the deal either.[/quote]

Ugh. Lame!

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='EddieBelfour']some games included:

transworld surf
madden 2002
sphinx
bg&e
PoP
obi wan
yakuza missions

these were for xbox
some are still shelved: all three i picked up were on the shelf; some are on a table[/quote]

prices on those would be helpful...for example if PoP is 39.99 and they mark it down to 19.99 after 50% off, there really is no deal[/quote]

PoP 9.99
Bg&e 9.99
sphinx 6.50
all the rest were 20 dollar games with ten off.

Shenmue II Xbox is 19.99 with an X on the price tag. Had the cashier ring it up and it was not part of the sale. Neither was Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO Xbox it was still 29.99

I stopped by TRU today looking for Dreamcast stuff. I hadn't heard of this 50% off business, but based on my checkout it makes sense. Here's what I got...

Intec PS2 Component Video Cable 6.90 - 50% = 3.95
Intec PS2 Optical Audio Cable 9.98 - 50% = 4.99
Unreal Tournament for Dreamcast 6.90 - 50% = 3.45
Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast ---------------
Total: 11.89 + tax.

I got Phantasy star for free because of the BOGO, but still got Unreal Tournament for half off. I'm thinking of going back and trying some games for the newer systems now.

-Rob

Just got back. I think there is a higher percentage of games marked 'X' that are part of the deal than ones not marked 'X', but there are definitely some that are marked 'X' that are NOT 50% off. I spent most of my time scanning the Xbox and GBA sections, just glanced at the GC and PS2. Here's what I learned:

PART of the deal:
GC
Ikaruga (I think that makes it $20)

Xbox
Sphinx $6.50 with free Tshirt
Otogi $15
PoP $10

GBA
Virtua Tennis $5
Star X $5

NOT part of the deal:
GC
Viewtiful Joe - still $20

Xbox
Fatal Frame
True Crime - still $20

[quote name='chickenhawk']Prince of Persia for GC is $19.95, so it's NOT part of this deal, unless their regular price was $40.[/quote]

Yep, same thing at my local TRU. BG&E also rang up $19.95 so it appears they are just now marking some of these at the universal price cut levels.

Glad I didn't go then, but sorry you weren't able to get any deals....

[quote name='jrutz'][quote name='jshorr']If this is YMMV at all, I'm going to bet that the one I would go to (Times Square) isn't running a deal. That one's not going out of business anytime soon...[/quote]

Correct. I was just there and everything was ringing up full price.

Jeremy[/quote]

bread's done
Back