*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I Just got back from TRU and this is what rang up 50% off:
Super Monkey Ball (Game Cube) $9.99
Boktai (GBA) $7.50
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) $9.99

I tried the following as one of the floor scanners and they came back negative:
Starfox Adventures (Game Cube) $19.99
PoP (Game Cube) $19.99
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) $19.99
Harvest Moon (GBA) $29.99

I hope that helps.

when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.[/quote]

So I'm just gonna tell the 'dude' that according to this website there is a YMMV sale on these games so just put them through at 50% ??? If there's no ad that officially states this sale and the games ring up at a certain price I don't think they will just give them to me for half price.
Your location just seems to be the exception right now.

exactly, my man right thurrr is a wordsmith. get to your toys r us people, get some other games on this list so i can go back tomorrow...maybe.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.[/quote]

I've experienced this myself in the past. THe sale prices did not show up when scanned. The employee said the prices would be dropped after totalled.. Just an FYI.

[quote name='johnnyoski'][quote name='EddieBelfour']when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.[/quote]

So I'm just gonna tell the 'dude' that according to this website there is a YMMV sale on these games so just put them through at 50% ??? If there's no ad that officially states this sale and the games ring up at a certain price I don't think they will just give them to me for half price.
Your location just seems to be the exception right now.[/quote]

Uh, No...He means the cashier has to physically ring them up for the price to go through, not just scan the barcode. If the cashier just scans the barcode it won't show up as 50% off, but when the cashier actually rings the items up for sale, the deal will go into effect.

Reality's Fringe said:
Would PS1 games be on this lsit? If so, I think I can get me some Dragon warrior and NON-GH FF7 for about 8 bucks........

good lord, just pick up the ff7 non GH at regular prices and some moron will pay through the nose for a sealed non gh ff7($400+ iirc)

[quote name='flizmo007'][quote name='EddieBelfour']when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.[/quote]

I've experienced this myself in the past. THe sale prices did not show up when scanned. The employee said the prices would be dropped after totalled.. Just an FYI.[/quote]

Dangit!!! Now I have to make another trip back there to try this out. I just hope when my location rings up the total that they don't stay at the normal price. I'd feel pretty bad walking away and saying 'no thanks' after they do that.

[quote name='johnnyoski'][quote name='EddieBelfour']when the dude just scanned them, they came up regular price, when he put the sale through, the games i bought were 50% off. i would suggest you tell the cashiers to do that and not even bother just scanning them yourself.[/quote]

Your location just seems to be the exception right now.[/quote]

when the "dude" totals the price on checkout it comes off. it seems the same thing has happened to others, so we must all be the exception to this rule that doesnt exist.

heres how it works

take your games up the the dude or dudette that is working
have them ring them up
they will hit total
and magic
50 percent off certain games.

yes i know, quite impossible i guess, but i wouldnt really go and waste my time by scanning them if i were you

[quote name='dracula']
Reality's Fringe said:
Would PS1 games be on this lsit? If so, I think I can get me some Dragon warrior and NON-GH FF7 for about 8 bucks........

good lord, just pick up the ff7 non GH at regular prices and some moron will pay through the nose for a sealed non gh ff7($400+ iirc)[/quote]

.........One closed that high? Jesus, where the hell have i been?! I'm outta here in about an hr. IIRC, they have strikers 1945 and that lame ass game Rhapsody that I know some people want. I'm so broke :(. We'll see what they have left though.

DAMNIT! I just have to wait until OU cals me back then I am so fucking gone! God, I cna't believe I passed it up! And the worst parT? It's been there for MONTHS IN THE SAME SPOT! ARGH, I'm so fucking stupid. If I get it....do I open it? I want one for myself:(.

DAMNIT! I just have to wait until OU cals me back then I am so shaq-fuing gone! God, I cna't believe I passed it up! And the worst parT? It's been there for MONTHS IN THE SAME SPOT! ARGH, I'm so shaq-fuing stupid. If I get it....do I open it? I want one for myself:(.

HELL NO you don't. It's simple economics. Sell the sealed ones, and re-buy an opened non-GH version on Ebay which don't sell for very much at all.

I understand the economics, but as a guy who wants a NON-GH.........it's greed or the art at this point. Ah, we'll see how it goes.

*Edit*Never mind, I saw the opened Non-GH part. It will sell.

I went to the one in Roseville, MI. They had a few XBOX games, but nothing too exciting....i didn't even bother to scan/buy them, since if they did not ring up for $10, I didn't really want them....didn't want any games that bad anyways. I was looking for the PS2 pack..nope.

Reality's Fringe said:
I understand the economics, but as a guy who wants a NON-GH.........it's greed or the art at this point. Ah, we'll see how it goes.

Feel free to trade for my opened, non-GH copy ;-)

I scanned a few - don't know if your TRU scanners are like mine, but at the self scanning stations, they come up as "50% off green sticker price."
My boss and I scanned quite a few ourselves - SSX3 for GC and MGS2 for Xbox are the only ones we ended up grabbing. Ones that didn't make the 50% cut:
MGS: Twin Snakes (GC)
GTA 3 Double Pack (XBOX)
DDR Ultramix (XBOX)
Ninja Gaiden (XBOX)

Not that I expected any of those to be half off... worth a shot, though :)

Not to be nit-picky, but mentioning your store location would be great when listing your finds. That way the rest of us know which ones to go to or avoid.

Thanks!

[quote name='i aint yer pa']Not to be nit-picky, but mentioning your store location would be great when listing your finds. That way the rest of us know which ones to go to or avoid.

Thanks![/quote]

Also, listing the price it scanned at would be super as well.

SSX3 ended up being around $10 after the 50% off - and, like most everyone else, the guy had to ring it up and do the "Total" key to get the discounted price. MGS2 for the XBOX was $7.50.
Also: none of the consoles were discounted. Guy said that he'd sold one of each this morning and they were all the regular price - being a skeptic, I rang up one of each at the self-scanner. A disappointment.

Location: the Memphis TRU on Perkins. Doubt anyone'll be there, but - my boss and I grabbed the last two SSX3 games for GC in stock. Still plenty of MGS2 titles.

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, just got back from TRU. I picked up two PS2 games:

Warhammer 40K - $9.99
King of Fighters 00/01 - $14.99

Prince of Persia for GC is $19.95, so it's NOT part of this deal, unless their regular price was $40. The receipt actually shows the $$$ off the regular price. I also treid Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2 and that was not part of the deal either.[/quote]

This was at the Maplewood, MN TRU. They had a ton of "x" games, but I only tried the ones I had an interest in. I did not check Xbox, only PS2 and GC.

Alright, went back to the same Toys R Us I was at earlier. I did some price checks with the cashier, on price check alone the games came up as full price, but when she scanned them for sale, they scanned at 50% off. Here's what I got:

Unreal Tournament (XBOX) 9.99
Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBOX) 14.99
Ikaruga (GC) 19.99

Total savings: 45.00

I notice that on the sales receipt it says "50% OFF GREEN TAG" though none of these were marked as such. Also the whole "X" on the price sticker seemed to be a good indication of items that were half off.

This was at the TRU in Media, PA.

-Rob

Went to two toys r us. Both in Kansas City

first one
4x 3rd party DC controller
4x 3rd party DC memory
total $8

second
2x Paper Mario $5.30 each (don't know how these were there)
1x Vitual Tennis (DC) $2.50

Might go back later Arc the Lad collection(PSX) was $35 didn't have enough time to look through all I wanted

shireman

I had the following titles scanned, and all came up at 50% off. This was at the Niagara Falls Blvd. location in Buffalo, NY:

Chase (XB) 7.99
Romance/3 Kingdoms VIII (ps2) 14.99
Secret Wepons over Normandy (XB) 14.99
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) 9.99
Gladius (XB) 14.99
Buffy (XB) 14.99
Dave Mirra 2 (XB) 12.48
Prince of Persia (XB) 9.97
007 Nightfdire (XB) 9.99
Dynasty Tactic2 2 (PS2) 14.99
Wallace and Gromit (XB) 19.99
Mat Hoffman (ps2) 9.99
Whiplash (XB) 14.99
Wipeout Fusion (ps2) 24.99
Silent Hill 3 (ps2) 9.99
Fantavision (Ps2) 7.49
Seablade (XB) 5.49
Tao Feng (XB) 9.99
Terminator :DoF (PS2) 19.99
Primal (ps2) 14.97
Gauntlet (XB) 19.99
MGS2 (XB) 7.49
Savage Skies (ps2) 6.49
Roadkill (XB) 9.99
SPeed Kings (XB) 9.99
NFS:HP2 (XB) 9.99
BG&E (XB) 9.99

These prices are AFTER discount.

I work at toys r us in Norfolk, VA. We had a meeting about this exact thing thursday morning. The green tag are NOT placed on items yet, BECAUSE there part of FALL Clearance to clear out inventory, not SUMMER. So my friends what we have here is a leak Kinda like the 5$ CC thing. II will scan a crap load of games Saturday

From those two stores there was quite a difference. I actually went to TRU yesterday to see if they had any old dreamcast stuff not knowing about this sale, so I picked up 2 of those controllers and the 2 memory cards, but they rang up at half price, so I figure I was planning to spend that much already so why not get two more. I asked if there was any other old stuff (DC, N64, etc), and the guy said no.

After I saw someone posted this thread last night I decided to try another store in the area. The other store had some N64 games and a lot of DC sports games with a few others.

N64 games:
Megaman 65 (price listed as 49.99, so this would only be 25)
Pokemon snap (i think) I think $10 after sale
Earthworm Jim 3d $10
Perfect Dark $5
2 paper mario for $5 which I snagged

DC games:
2k1 game pack $11
fishing games 5 or 10
2k2 NFL 10
Carrier $10

thats all I can remember. All the PSX games I checked came up with the 50% off green sticker on price scanner. If I go back I will check the PS2 online pack and post what I find

hmm, I tried scanning some games on the scanner they have in the aisle but it didn't pick up many of them(barcodes too thin I guess). on the ones I did get to scan(BG&E for GC and VF4:Evo), it just said the name of the game and 'REG PRICE $19.99' and something about 'camp geoffrey', nothing about green price stickers or fall clearance. anyone know what this means?

lol I work their and I have yet to know why it says that on the scanners about camp geoffrey, though camp geoffrey takes place every saturday at toys r us, its basically arts and craft stuff and Yugio tournament

that happened to me yesterday when i didnt know about this sale and was looking for cheap DC games, the prices were still high on very large orange stickers but the scanner showed the same price...and mentioned camp geoffrey

sanjuro,

when I scanned the prices on mine it would say

"Item title
Camp Geoffery"

then

"iten title
50% off green ticket"

then

"item title
Reg price X.XX"

if it had the discount (this is from memory so it may not be totally accturate but it was basically like that)

ok, thanks for the clarification. I don't remember the 50% off thing but I'll try again in an hour or two, $9.99 for silent hill 3 is pretty enticing.

Alright.. I'm lazy today and sent my 'rents out there, had them try to ring up POP, it rang up as 19, I told them to tell him to hit total, mom wouldn't do it, "I'm not going to tell him to hit total and then say I don't want it".. and i'm like.. it'll come up as 10!! and then the employee's like "No ma'am that's just a rumor"... i'm like.. wtf.. this was over the phone btw to my mom.. SO my mom's like "if you wanna be rude about it, you go down there!"..

So, I'm gonna go down there and be "rude" about it.

[quote name='GameDude']No go for the PS2 at $75 at the Eastgate, OH TRU[/quote]

1) Was it the online pack?
2) Did you have them "Total" it?

Picked up games already mentioned at the Toys R us in Culver City (Los Angeles).

MGS2 - $7.50 (XBOX)
Super Monkey Ball - $9.99 (GC)
SSX3 - $9.99 (GC)

The cashier said a ton of games have been coming up half off today, the guy before me got a GBA game that was half off but I didn't see the game. They didn't have any PS2 online packs or I would have checked.

I think we have barely even scratched the surface of this deal, and probably don't have anywhere near all the games listed yet. This should get a sticky, I think its just going to get hotter.

Going to check more Toys R us stores later.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='GameDude']No go for the PS2 at $75 at the Eastgate, OH TRU[/quote]

2) Did you have them "Total" it?[/quote]

I had him ring it out. He didn't take my card or anything. He did take my phone number though.

[quote name='GameDude'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='GameDude']No go for the PS2 at $75 at the Eastgate, OH TRU[/quote]

2) Did you have them "Total" it?[/quote]

I had him ring it out. He didn't take my card or anything. He did take my phone number though.[/quote]

bread's done
Back