*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Castlevania LOI...is that the PS2 version? Sorry, I'm a castlevania idiot though I played 6 of the castlevania games in the series.

Picked up at two TRU's today:

Big Mutha Truckers-GCN
Pac-Man/VS-GCN
Worms Blast-GCN
THUG-GCN
Warhammer-PS2
Midtown Madness 3-XBOX
Sega Bass Fishing 2-DC

For around $65 total.

Also I saw quite a few copies of:

MOto GP2-XBOX
King of Fighters 00/01-PS2
Crazy Taxi:CAR-GBA
Fatal Frame-XBOX 4 copies
Silent HIll 3-PS2-5 copies

Only games left on my list I couldnt find are:

True Crime-GCN
RS3-GCN

[quote name='suko_32']Castlevania LOI...is that the PS2 version? Sorry, I'm a castlevania idiot though I played 6 of the castlevania games in the series.[/quote]

Yes.
Aria of Sorrow(AoS), Harmony of Disonance(HoD),Circle of the Moon (CoTM) = GBA.
Symphony of the Night(SOTN)= Saturn and PS1.
Rondo of Blood (RoB)- TG16
Legacy of Darkness(LoD)- N64
Lament of Innocense- PS2.

There's quite a few more, but those are the ones you'll usually see.
Here's a good site about Castlevania: http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/games.htm

[quote name='akirasplace']If anyone can score me a copy of Sega Bass Fishing 2, I will be happy to pay around $10.[/quote]

If you would have asked me yesterday I would have picked you up one today.A TRU had 2 copies,I bought one.But this TRU is located in a "not so nice" part of town. :(

Did anyone ever try Metroid: Zero Misson? I was going to today but I was in a hurry to get somewhere. Also is the Empire Earth Gold pack or whatever the one 50% off?

Holy crap i can't believe people are still finding Front Mission 3 this late in the sale!!

I've been to 5 TRU's in the DFW area over the last 3 days and the closest I've come is a label on the shelf at a Dallas store.

I'd love to snag a Front Mission 3.

While I'm posting how valuable/ rare are

Escape from Monkey island PS2
Klonoa GBA

Thanks

[quote name='MANIMAL']DX - grab me one and PM me, hurry!!![/quote]

OK PM sent.Even though I still dont get why. :(

Schaumburg, IL:
New additions for the list:

Sega Marine Fishing (DC) 4.99
Chu Chu Rocket (DC) 4:99

I also picked up:
Robotech: Battlecry (XB) - 9.99 - Cheap Ass gift for friend
Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy (XB) - 6.47 (w/t-shirt) - Cheap Ass gift for friend
Chase (XB) - 7.99
Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Boomstick (PS2) - 9.99
Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild (PS2) - 9.99
Lost Kingdoms II (GC) - 9.99 (This game was supposed to come with a free Memory Card 59, but mine didn't. DOH!)
Sega Bas Fishing (DC) - 2.49

I should stop soon. but 21 items and 234.11 later, I still feel the urge to be a CAG! :)

GUYS!!I went to another toys r us about 15 minutes away from my house.. and i picked up jedi academy and dothack 3. They had about 30+ copies left of jedi academy, 30+ copies of dot hack 3, 20+ copies of silent hill3, 15+ copies of XIII for xbox, 10 copies for gc of XIII, 30+ copies of beyond good n evil, 4 copies left of Prince of persia xb, 10+ copies of ddrmax2, 20+ copies of fantavision, 10+ copies of ratchet and clank but it was GH, 10 copies of sega gt online, 13 copies of segagt 2002, alot more that i cant remember. Im afraid of those fagot ebay reselles on the CAG community getting their hands on these like they did at cerritos so sorry but I'm not going to post which toys r us this is because the ebay resellers really do ruin it for everyone else like they ruined the cerritos inventory.

I picked up today:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (X Box)-$8
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (PS2)-$15
Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild (PS2)- $10
The Big score for me IMO, Onimusha Tactics (GBA)- $10
Deus Ex: Invisble War (X Box)- $10
Red Faction 2 (X Box)- $10 ( had been really wanting this one when it was $20, but my BB was out of them so no GGC so I decided I would get it used but seeing it here made me get.)

All in All, not a bad haul. TRu definently had the quality not quantity part down.

While I was there I saw a fellow CAG pick up Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Panzer Dragoon Orta
and Hunter Redeemer

[quote name='DX'][quote name='Yeahman']!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DX where are you located

:D[/quote]

Ummmm....why? :twisted:[/quote]

Most likely you live far away, in a place where front Mission 3 can be found 6 days into the sale.

It would be awesome though if that place was a TRU in driving distance?

:shock:

To any local Georgia CAG's (read: Norcross/Stone Mountain/Decatur), any help getting the following would be most appreciated:

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1)- 15
TMNT (PS2)- 15
Freedom Fighters (GC/Xbox) - 10

Anyone actually get a copy of SS3-PS2 and have it ring up sale price? ($10) I went and got teh llast copy of it but there was no sale (it was $20) Ive yet to open it and am holding on to the receipt until I find out more info (Im embarrassed that I still bought it even at $20. That makes me the anti-CAG. :( )

[quote name='Nephets']I'm so tempted to go back, but I already spent like 80 dollars... :oops:[/quote]

Haha, I spent over $110 and I'm going back to buy 2 more disgaeas and an ikaruga, and whatever else I find. This sale is killing me.

"That makes me the anti-CAG."
not really -- i bought freekstyle and messed around and got the clerk to take it out of the bag (raing up $19.99, totalled $19.99), but he didn't take it off the receipt :( i think that's much worse
let me think about the socom
btw, ape escape 2 $9.xx
gran prix challenge $14.xx

I hit up two more TRUs over the past couple of days.

Columbia, SC (Two Notch Rd) - Not much here, picked up UT 2k3 for PC and Disney's Extreme Skate for Xbox, both $10. Looked "picked over".

Anderson, SC - The motherlode! This store had practically everything except the 1/2 off Xbox system and the guilty gear games. I picked up PoP for Xbox and GBA, as well as Raw 2 for Xbox, and WarioWorld for GC. All games were $10 except for WW which was $15.

Anyone living in Upstate SC needs to visit the Anderson TRU.

[quote name='coolcps']Did anyone ever try Metroid: Zero Misson? I was going to today but I was in a hurry to get somewhere. Also is the Empire Earth Gold pack or whatever the one 50% off?[/quote]

Metroid Zero Mission is awesome! It's not part of the sale though....

Also, Mario Kart: DD is either NOT included in this sale or is a huge YMMV.

I tried to get it at all three TRUs that I went to and it rang up full price at every last one of them.

The list may want to include the ** notation for that game.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Also, Mario Kart: DD is either NOT included in this sale or is a huge YMMV.

I tried to get it at all three TRUs that I went to and it rang up full price at every last one of them.

The list may want to include the ** notation for that game.[/quote]

It's only the version with the bonus disc.

The TRU I went to today is really a dive (I know, they all are, but this one is worse), and it's kind of out of the way of everything else. There were a ton of copies of:

PS2

DDR
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II
KoF
MvC2

GC

Soul Calibur II
THUG
True Crime
(Rogue Squadron III and LotR: tTT, but neither were scanning at $9.99)

XBox

DDR
Fatal Frame
MvC2
(tons more, I don't have an XBox, so I just quickly scanned the titles)

GBA
Doom II
Double Dragon
Onimusha Tactics (nearly 10 copies)
Pinball of the Dead
Shining Soul

N64
Pokemon Snap (about a dozen copies)

Tons of DC games, didn't look at them

Not much at all for PS1 (except one copy of FM3, which I pounced on immediately), and no consoles whatsoever.

There were several PC games, but I didn't really look at them.

I really had to keep myself from going crazy with this one, but it was tough. I didn't expect to find anything, but they had nearly everything I wanted and then some. Snagging the last copy of Front Mission 3 was even better than the CC deal for me, and I'm really glad I could get a copy of GGX2 too.

Proof that there is stuff still out there!

[quote name='defiance_17']The TRU I went to today is really a dive (I know, they all are, but this one is worse), and it's kind of out of the way of everything else. There were a ton of copies of:

PS2

DDR
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II
KoF
MvC2

GC

Soul Calibur II
THUG
True Crime
(Rogue Squadron III and LotR: tTT, but neither were scanning at $9.99)

XBox

DDR
Fatal Frame
MvC2
(tons more, I don't have an XBox, so I just quickly scanned the titles)

GBA
Doom II
Double Dragon
Onimusha Tactics (nearly 10 copies)
Pinball of the Dead
Shining Soul

N64
Pokemon Snap (about a dozen copies)

Tons of DC games, didn't look at them

Not much at all for PS1 (except one copy of FM3, which I pounced on immediately), and no consoles whatsoever.

There were several PC games, but I didn't really look at them.

I really had to keep myself from going crazy with this one, but it was tough. I didn't expect to find anything, but they had nearly everything I wanted and then some. Snagging the last copy of Front Mission 3 was even better than the CC deal for me, and I'm really glad I could get a copy of GGX2 too.

Proof that there is stuff still out there![/quote]

Is MvC2 on ps2 on sale?

I just got

Timesplitters 2
Cabelas Dangerous Hunts
Cabelas deer hunt 2004
D&D heroes
Prince of Persia
all XBOX

What are the hardest titles to find for all systems?

[quote name='bugmenot.com']Silpheed come up $14.99 for me for some reason.[/quote]

The regular version of Slipheed is $4.99. The version stocked with the value games that has the large plastic anti-theft packaging is $14.99. At least that is the situation based on my experience.

thanks Detective_thorn. Do you know if the anti-theft thing is removed, would the lower price show up?

Today at my local Toys R Us I got Secret Weapons over Normandy, Freaky Flyers, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and Metal Arms all for Xbox. I wanted Beyond Good and Evil and Crimson Skies, but they were not in stock. :(
Also, when I used the scanners around the store they said that the games were 50% off. I dont know if this is just my TRU, or if all of them are doing it now.
I also got to play Donkey Konga, and I really liked it.

I decided to hit all three Portland, OR area TRU stores today. And just buy games that I wanted since I'm totally broke and could only afford my own trips around.

I admit, the three stores I visited didn't have impressive selections. All in all, I only came 6 games short of the list of games I wanted. I would scan reciepts or take pictures, but I don't have a scanner and don't feel like posting pictures.

My Haul-
Bought:
007 Nightfire - Xbox - $10
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver - Xbox - $8
Black G-Force 2 Controller - GameCube - $15
Boktai - GBA - $7.50
Fatal Frame - Xbox - $25
Medal of Honor: Infiltrator - GBA - $10
Metal Gear Solid - Xbox - $7.50
Myst III: Exile - Xbox - $10
Perfect Dark - N64 - $5
Silent Hill 3 - PS2 - $10
Space Channel 5 - GBA - $10
True Crime: Streets of LA - GameCube - $10
Voodoo Vince - Xbox - $10

Four Guidebooks at $7.50 each

Spent: $172.75
Saved: $152.90

I found Myst III: Exile for 50% off at my 2nd store and it wasn't even on the list! Also at the 2nd store, I found the last MoH: Infiltriator for the GBA, tucked way back in some stack of GBA games. I'm pretty happy with how I came out. I even pre-ordered Fable for the hell of it, so that accounts for $5 of what I spent.

The manager at the Jantzen Beach store didn't even believe that I had a list and knew all this stuff. But she was pretty helpful and called the other two stores to check up on their stock for me. She said this sale is pretty common, just not because they are closing. They do this sale about every three years to clear out their inventory. My last store had like 29 copies of Perfect Dark, and the woman let me look at the list! The first two stores didn't give a crap about me cause there were customers everywhere, so I had a nice end to my night at Clackamas. Much thanks to Edna over there!

I really wanted the DDR Ultramix with the pad, but it was too late in the sale for me to find any at all. If they do get around to refreshing the stock, I'm all over the same three stores again like brown on pork fried rice.

I am still looking for
N64:
Paper Mario - $5.30

Xbox:
Crimson Skies - $15
Dead to Rights - $5
DDR Ultramix w/pad - $35
Gauntlet - $15
Timesplitters 2 - $10

bread's done
Back