*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if that is the first advance wars or the second ??

good luck finding the first oop for months[/quote]

It's for the first, and if I knew you wantd a copy, could have picked it up on Sunday as one TRU had like 5 or 6. They are all gone by now though. Sorry man, too late.

[quote name='s0undwav3'][quote name='slidecage']anyone know if that is the first advance wars or the second ??

It's for the first, and if I knew you wantd a copy, could have picked it up on Sunday as one TRU had like 5 or 6. They are all gone by now though. Sorry man, too late.[/quote]

lol really didnt want one i just didnt want to drive the TRU people nuts rescaning the 2nd one over and over and over

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if that is the first advance wars or the second ??

First one is on sale . I bought it .

i seriously doubt the TRU sale is signalling the end for the toy giant, they had a much bigger liquidation sale about 15 years ago when they DID almost go under, my TRU is moving into a nice new building

The sale itself has been ok, been sending my dreamcast ALOT of love lately (7 games most only 2 bucks). Checked out 2 stores, my home store doesnt seem to have alot in the sale bin, and alot of the supposed penny guides are not on sale, might possiblky be the move delaying this, I dont know

Someone asked earlier if Breakdown Xbox scanned at half off - it DID NOT as of yesterday.

Neither did FZeroGX, Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime, Tak PS2.

They were all marked at $20 though...

Thanks OP,

I went to my TRU and the sales clerk was very forthcoming with info. He said that several of the games were not marked but on sale.

Bought XBox games - Beyond Good & Evil -$9.99, Metal Gear Solid -$7.50 and Prince of Persia - $9.99 - much better selection available than the CC sale.

Tried SSX for GC but it was still $19.99. Didn't have SSX 3 in stock.

Cool!

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='-BigC-']I wish I could get a GC or Ps2 for 50% off

How would I get that if they even had any?Heard there was a select bundle which?[/quote]
...............\/ \/ \/
[quote name='tubtub']
Miscellaneous:
GameBoy Advance (non-SP) Glacier or Indigo -$35
GameCube Zelda Bundle Pack - $50
*PS2 Bundle Pack (w/extra controller, DVD remote, Jak & Daxter, and ATV Off-Road Fury in a plastic blister pack. ) - $115
X-Box Bundle Pack (with Star Wars/Tetris) - $75

*non-progressive scan (older) models- Thanks to Luckychunk for confirming that. Update: conflicting reports. Couldn't hurt to try.
[/quote][/quote]

I can confirm that this PS2 bundle is at the Antioch, TN TRU location. I already have a PS2 so it's no good to me. If you go into the store, it's on the right hand side of the counter, behind the glass game displays.

Just a heads up, there are a few games that are listed under the Green Label that are not really under it. Trust me, it is a pain in the ass. DDRMAX2 and SSX3 did not come off for PS2. Also there are two different SKN versions of Ratchet & Clank. On the back where the UPC is, if it has a sticker it won't ring up. Also Devil May Cry and Smuggler's Run didn't come off.

As for the status of TRU basically it isn't closing down. The industry wants TRU around and will and might lower prices on retail to keep the place around. Now there are way too many TRU around so you will see many subpar stores close down. I mean I live in Delaware and while our store is decent, the Dover store is horible with sales. That is a prime example.

The main problem now is the fact that the way it is run higher up. You can't really not have sales and expect people to flow in. Especially for a toy store. If that is your main business be the cheapest at it. If someone needs to buy a present for someone they just go to a close sort of mega store like Target or Walmart. But if they knew they could get the same thing for much cheaper at TRU I mean why not.

In case you didn't know, most videogames bough directly from TRU are bought at a very very low price. I am talking around $10 a pop because they buy in bulk for all their stores. But then they charge $50 for the game hence lots of profit. Now I mean, if you knock off just $5 of a game that will eventually go down in price anyway... people will go to TRU first just to save $5. Taking a $5 hit in hopes of say adding another item like a strategy guide or a soda or just another cheap game. That builds up a customer base.

Also I am a little too knowledgable with the videogame section. If a videogame sucks, i will tell a customer. This builds up a connection when I recommend a better game. Sure it might be $10 more, but they will have a better experience.

But it really does start at the top then down below. Moral is real sour just because the way the place is run and alot of managers that shouldn't be managers. Not enough sort of promotions directly. Either hiring outside for managment or being stuck with the same exact job for 5 to 10 years.

[quote name='flaprabbit']I picked up 2 Xbox Live Starter Kits-$25.00 these are the ones with MotoGP and Mechassault Demos, with a full version of Tetris Worlds. I called MS Live support and they told me these are still good to activate.

The other live kits are still full priced at $70.

Also Wave Race Bluestorm is 50% but is still at $50 so it's only $25 after discount.[/quote]

Can a current Xbox Live subscriber (expired) use one of these kits to renew?

[quote name='89']If anybody would pick these up and sell them to me from this deal, I want...

Gamecube
Ikaruga
Metal Arms: GITS (Unless it is on Xbox at half price)
Sega Soccer Slam
Simpsons: H&R (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Soul Calibur 2 (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Super Monkey Ball
[/quote]my store still had Ikaruga, how much are you willing to pay?

Attention to all Delaware area CAGers:

Toys R Us in Christiana Delaware is now putting all discounted titles on several tables with green tags attached to them. For people who are looking for Disgaea, there have been since last Saturday 5 copies of it. I finally picked it up today along with:

Mojo (PS) - for $5 bucks, why not?
Worms Blast (GC) - $10
Tony Hawk Underground (GC) - $10

They had several copies left of Silent Hill 3 also. No Guilty Gear X or X2 for PS2. I purchased the last copy of King of Fighters 2000/2001 (PS2) this past Sunday. My take on this sale:

Silent Hill 3
Prince of Persia (Xbox)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Xbox)
Sphinx (Xbox)-don't care about not getting the shirt.
Deus Ex: Invisible War (Xbox)
Voodoo Vince (Xbox)

[quote name='bingbangboom']
In case you didn't know, most videogames bough directly from TRU are bought at a very very low price. I am talking around $10 a pop because they buy in bulk for all their stores. [/quote]

Umm no, it's a well known fact that there is not much of a markup on new Video Games. Hence why Video Game only stores do not sell only New Games, they could not survive. Even in massive bulk, games cost more than $10 each.

Finally got a chance to hit up the TRU at Union Square. Thought they'd be picked clean, but surprisingly they had a decent amount of stuff still.
Managed to get:
Silent Hill 3
DDRMax2*
Sphinx (XB)

I also bought VF3:EV, but it rang up full price, so it is going back tomorrow.

Would like to trade Sphinx(XB) for the GC version if anyone is interested.

* DDRMax2 rang up at full price, but then the 'RZone cashier took me to the customer service desk and had them refund 20+tax. If you are interested in DDRMax2 and in NYC area, be sure to hit them up for it.

They still had several Silent Hill3, DDRMax2, Sphinx for XB and PS2, SSX3 for XB, PS2 and many other games that I was not interested in.

Didn't have:
DDRUltramix, GCN BBA, EReader, Onimusha Tactics (surprisingly), Soul Calibur 2 for GC, THUG (GCN), Futurama or anything rare on the list.

Has anyone here been to the Times Square TRU? Does it still have any selection? Specifically looking for THUG, SC2, Metal Arms and Futurama.

My final runthrough produced:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (Xbox) - 25
Simpsons Hit and Run (Xbox) - 20
Mojo (PS2) - 5
Midnight Club II (GH)(PS2) - 10

Simpsons H&R on the Xbox for $20, huh? The list here says GC..... anyone know of any other multiplats that are universally on sale not mentioned here....?

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']just called a local TRU and the XB live starter kit was 69.99[/quote]

It's a wrong one . The one that rings $25 has Whacked and MotoGP demo inside.
UPC 805529172647

[quote name='Gosha']Sega GT online is part of it. My friends scanned it and it rang up at 10 bucks instead of 20.[/quote]

On Monday, I had Sega GT Online scanned and after the cashier pressed subtotal, it was still $20...:cry:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']just called a local TRU and the XB live starter kit was 69.99[/quote]

It's a wrong one . The one that rings $25 has Whacked and MotoGP demo inside.
UPC 805529172647[/quote]

ask for this one, I should look for this too!

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']I asked for the xb starter kit w/ the mechassault demo and motogp full online. and they said it was 69.99[/quote]

The price won't come up unless they actually process the sale.

Wolfenstein 3D on the GBA is only 5 dollars after the sale? Well, I didn't even realize that... I noticed they had the game, but I didn't bother with it, looks like I'll be going back soon enough to hopefully pick up a copy of that game.

So, what all games did you guys get from the TRU sale so far? I got a total of:

Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - 9.97
Pac-Man World 2/Pac-Man Vs. (GCN) - 9.99
Virtua Tennis (DC) - 2.49
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy (GCN) - 6.47
XIII (GCN) - 9.99
Tony Hawk's Underground (GCN) - 9.97
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GCN) - 9.99
Freedom Fighters (GCN) - 9.99
Mojo (PS2) - 4.99

Pretty good haul of games overall. What all did you get?

I checked the central NJ area looking for the PS2 bundle and Disgaea...checked Iselin, Elizabeth, and Union - no luck. They said the PS2 bundle was last year's holiday bundle, and that they either sold or sent back all the units. Pity.

I'm hopefully going back sooinh, but even if I don't, I'm still satisfied:

Disgaea
Ikaruga
Metal Arms
Shenmue II
Karnaaj
Onimusha Tactics
Amplitude
Klonoa

I wasn't able to get some other big wants, but still, a pretty nice haul.

Pretty sure I'm done. Final tally
XBox
Beyond Good and Evil $10
Prince of Persia $10
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer $10
LOTR The Two Towers $10
James Bond: Nightfire $10
SSX 3 $10
Katuto Chojin $12.50
Sphinx $6.50

PS2
Silent Hill 3 $10

I went to the Murrieta, CA store, and the employee handed me a copy of a list of games.

I thought to myself, "this looks familiar" and when I was paying for my games (Deus Ex IW, and Gladius) he asked where I'd heard about the sale. I mentioned CAG and he said like three other people were in here, and one even gave him the list that he had let me check out lol.

Which one of you guys was it? :D

i cant find a disagea any where here in Philadelphia, PA, i've checked 5 TRU's so far and no luck. anyway my Haul so far is

Deus Ex:IW - $9.99
Lost Kingdoms 2-$9.99
Perfect Dark- $1.49
Prince of Persia-$9.99
Boktai- $7.50
Sphinx- $6.49
Ikruga- $20
Silent Hill 3 - $9.99
XIII-$9.99
Front Mission 3-$20

[quote name='William Smith']Does anyone know...... are they getting in any shipments of these games currently...? Or is this based solely on what's there right now...?[/quote]

From talking to the cashier on Sunday, it sounds like they'll get more games. However, I wouldn't be surprised if each store has a ton in the back that are just gathering dust, and they'll bring them out to actually move the units.

Per Nephets' request, here's my haul so far:

Silent Hill 3 PS2 - $10
VF 4: Evolution PS2 - $10 (took 3 copies to get the right scan)
Arc the Lad Collection PSone - $35
Onimusha Tactics GBA - $10
Crimson Skies Xbox - $15
Tao Feng Xbox - $10
Sphinx Xbox - $6.50 (originally bought on PS2, wasn't 50 off, so returned it and got this one, which was 50 off)

Going back to look Sunday, hoping against hope to find:
Advance Wars 1
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Wario World
D&D Heroes
Ikaruga
Rez
Point Blank 3

[quote name='s0undwav3']Wow, is this thread bigger than the CC Sale Thread? I don't remember it being 77 pages....and counting[/quote]

I don't remember the redundant questions being so prevalent, but that's probably just my bad memory.

Repeated questions, restocked games, bragging and boasting, trading and wanting, hoping and dealing.
all we are saying. is keep this thread alive...

[quote name='Dare']i cant find a disagea any where here in Philadelphia, PA, i've checked 5 TRU's so far and no luck. anyway my Haul so far is

Lost Kingdoms 2-$9.99
Perfect Dark- $1.49
Prince of Persia-$9.99
Boktai- $7.50
Sphinx- $6.49
Ikruga- $20
Silent Hill 3 - $9.99
XIII-$9.99
Front Mission 3-$20[/quote]

Nice haul!

So, do you live in Philadelphia, PA? Did you go to the TRU at Armingo ave?(It's near an Acme and a Blockbuster). I went there last Saturday and only got KOF 00/01. If you did go, was it picked clean? I plan on going again before the big sale and I don't want to waste a trip if nothing good is around.

Also, is the ps2 versions of Prince of Persia and Simpsons: Hit and Run 50% off? I've seen conflicting posts about this issue, but can anyone confirm it?

Ok. I'm done with TRU. This is what I've got and I was missing in my collection..

Thanks OP and everyone who contributed to the list , I also would like to thank TRU employees in KS and MO area for help, pricechecks, and stockroom search :D .

TRU-Final.jpg

Ok. My second casuality....

I didn't like Deus for the Xbox.

And now I really got tired of XIII in a hurry. The presentation is so stellar it took quite awhile to realize how average this is as a FPS, not to mention I don't like FPS all that much. Oh well, I only lost $1 on Deus and I doubt I'll lose anything on a XIII trade (I played XIII till the snow cabin and I've seen enough... question is there more to come that doesn't involve constant shooting of preset patterned drone-ish enemies?

Next stop, PoP.

Anyone else get caught up in the $10 frenzy?

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='Dare']i cant find a disagea any where here in Philadelphia, PA, i've checked 5 TRU's so far and no luck. anyway my Haul so far is

Lost Kingdoms 2-$9.99
Perfect Dark- $1.49
Prince of Persia-$9.99
Boktai- $7.50
Sphinx- $6.49
Ikruga- $20
Silent Hill 3 - $9.99
XIII-$9.99

Nice haul!

So, do you live in Philadelphia, PA? Did you go to the TRU at Armingo ave?(It's near an Acme and a Blockbuster). I went there last Saturday and only got KOF 00/01. If you did go, was it picked clean? I plan on going again before the big sale and I don't want to waste a trip if nothing good is around.

Also, is the ps2 versions of Prince of Persia and Simpsons: Hit and Run 50% off? I've seen conflicting posts about this issue, but can anyone confirm it?[/quote]

i did go to the one at Armingo Ave, i went there sunday morning and as far as i can remember it wasnt picked to clean, u wont find any of the rare titles like REZ or Desega but they should have a pretty good selection. and im not certain but i think they might have had acouple front mission 3's left like 10 or so or it could have been at another TRU, everything has been a blur

[quote name='Dare'][quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='Dare']i cant find a disagea any where here in Philadelphia, PA, i've checked 5 TRU's so far and no luck. anyway my Haul so far is

Lost Kingdoms 2-$9.99
Perfect Dark- $1.49
Prince of Persia-$9.99
Boktai- $7.50
Sphinx- $6.49
Ikruga- $20
Silent Hill 3 - $9.99
XIII-$9.99

Nice haul!

Also, is the ps2 versions of Prince of Persia and Simpsons: Hit and Run 50% off? I've seen conflicting posts about this issue, but can anyone confirm it?[/quote]

i did go to the one at Armingo Ave, i went there sunday morning and as far as i can remember it wasnt picked to clean, u wont find any of the rare titles like REZ or Desega but they should have a pretty good selection. and im not certain but i think they might have had acouple front mission 3's left like 10 or so or it could have been at another TRU, everything has been a blur[/quote]

Ok, thanks. It's always good to have another CAG nearby. :D

bread's done
Back