*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

I got the first and second versions of Xbox Live Starter Kit for $25 each (they had only one of each at one of four TRUs I tried).
Boktai for 7.50
Aggressive Inline XB for 7.50
XIII XB for 10
Silent Hill 3 for 10
Fatal Frame XB for 25
.hack 3 for 15
Game and Watch Gallery 4 GBA for 17.50
KoF 00/01 for 15

is DoAXBV on sale? Only 2 of the 4 TRUs I went to had them, and both had like one or two copies left, so I figure it might be clearance, but 1 TRU said it rang up at 40 and another didn't try and said it was 50.

Only one TRU I went to had the Blister Pack bundles of PS2 and XB, and I asked about the price of the XB, and it wasn't on sale, he said. I was hoping it was on sale, since two of my friends want an XBox.

I'm not sure if I want to get Castlevania LoI for 10. Would anyone recommend it?

Are any of the TRU Exclusive GBA Black on sale?

Castlevania LoI is $10? Are you sure? Sorry, I haven't been following this thread for the past few days now, very hard when there's 73 pages

[quote name='ihzer0']is DoAXBV on sale? Only 2 of the 4 TRUs I went to had them, and both had like one or two copies left, so I figure it might be clearance, but 1 TRU said it rang up at 40 and another didn't try and said it was 50.[/quote]

Nope... not unless they feel like adding it this weekend... I know of a TRU that has plenty of that game in case they decide to adjust the price...

[quote name='SadieDee']Are consoles on sale too?[/quote]

most store's have taken them off the list if they ever had them on. And the rest sold out. You'd be very lucky to find one (on sale). My local stores are actually sold out of both PS2's and Xboxes.

I'm gonna be honest here iherzer0. Unless you get it for $5 or less DOAXBV isn't worth it. I almost think $5 is too much but I will admit the Volleyball is kinda fun. Yeah it's a Dating Sim. but a crappy one at that, at least I'm hoping this isn't the typical Dating Sim. or Dating Sim. at it's finest. Basically it's a Volleyball game with DOA girls there for you to oogle. I mean it was fun for a while for me I guess but definitely got repetitive.
Damn I'll be looking for LOI. I know a TRU WITH the LCD screen combo and it didn't seem to be on sale when I checked but who knows, it may have been added. Does anyone want me to pick it up for them if it is?

Oh yeah... my haul today...

Wreckless (Xbox) - 10
Dynasty Warriors (Xbox) - 15 (last one)
SSX 3 (GC) - 10
Robotech (Xbox) - 10
XIII (Xbox) - 10
Star Wars: Jedi Academy (Xbox) - 15

forget being a cheap ass gamer, at this rate, I'll likely be a poor ass gamer... :shock:

Sadly, the cruel twist of irony is that this sale has provided TRU with the most game sale business and repeat customers (5 times and counting at one location) that I'm sure they've seen in years...

If anybody would pick these up and sell them to me from this deal, I want...

Gamecube
Ikaruga
Metal Arms: GITS (Unless it is on Xbox at half price)
Sega Soccer Slam
Simpsons: H&R (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Soul Calibur 2 (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Super Monkey Ball

PS2
Silent Hill 3
SSX3
Suikoden III
ZOE2

Xbox
Deus Ex: IW
DDR Ultramix (W/pad) (If it has gone back to regular price, then scratch it)
Midnight Club 2
Otogi

My contribution and thanks for the information: White Plains, NY haul.

Frequency (PS2) $7.49 (last copy)
Beach Spikers (GC) $9.99
MGS 2 Substance (XBox) $7.49

No SSX3 (GC), No Rebel Strike (GC) but plenty of RS III demo discs.

There were a lot of copies of Beach Spikers and MGS2 Substance, as well as some other titles. A billion Dreamcast sports triple packs, GBA Virtua Tennis, and a lot of titles from the list. The prime stuff has been cleaned out, I think (Rez, Disgaea, etc.) but there's still plenty left out of the non-rare/ebay games (Sphinx, THUG, even Ikaruga, etc.) I scanned the following:

Original Glacier GBA/E-reader combo: $34.99 (yeah, i'm kicking myself for not getting it, but my unemployed guilty self could only buy so much.) Go pick it up if you want it, there's only one left.
Buffy: Chaos Bleeds (GC): $27.99
Fatal Frame (Xbox) and Fatal Frame 2 (PS2): $27.99

PoP for Cube was still $20, hopefully it'll be added next week.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Sadly, the cruel twist of irony is that this sale has provided TRU with the most game sale business and repeat customers (5 times and counting at one location) that I'm sure they've seen in years...[/quote]

No kidding! I already spend like $400 bucks at TRU. and I'm coming back tomorrow. I even stopped looking at my Ccard bill online. NO MORE SALES! Hate you all! :D

[quote name='89']If anybody would pick these up and sell them to me from this deal, I want...

Gamecube
Ikaruga
Metal Arms: GITS (Unless it is on Xbox at half price)
Sega Soccer Slam
Simpsons: H&R (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Soul Calibur 2 (Unless it is on PS2 or Xbox at half price)
Super Monkey Ball

PS2
Silent Hill 3
SSX3
Suikoden III
ZOE2

Xbox
Deus Ex: IW
DDR Ultramix (W/pad) (If it has gone back to regular price, then scratch it)
Midnight Club 2
Otogi[/quote]

How much will you pay for ZOE2, Super monkey ball, and soccer slam? I can get them, but that them, but that toys r us is pretty far.

Are these deals already active? This is Toys "r" Us right? I went to my local TRU and only found a few pax and n64 games that were 50% off but they were totally way over priced (THPS 2 psx $14.99 original which would be like 8 and change after tax). I forgot most of the ilst on here but I did remember Beyond Good & Evil and it had a green sticker on it at $29.99. This is a universal deal right?

So how do I exactly do this?I went today and got the run around due to idiotic employees who are lazy

If I see any of the games on the list even if they arent green stickerd I askem to ring it up?Just read that so I will try when I go this week

And could I get a updated list if possible

Holy crap! There's a TRU 7 minutes from my job! Sumbitch... I'm going there tomorrow after my oil change... bless offdays and nothing but time... maybe the last few missing titles from my search will become unmissing since I've never been to this one before and they might have a nice stock...

[quote name='-BigC-']So how do I exactly do this?I went today and got the run around due to idiotic employees who are lazy

If I see any of the games on the list even if they arent green stickerd I askem to ring it up?Just read that so I will try when I go this week

And could I get a updated list if possible[/quote]

Updated list is on the first page... in terms of how to check, to save time, just bring up all titles on the list or what you SUSPECT is on the list and have them ring it up... once they hit total, they can tell you what came off as 50 percent... I used the list on Sun, but for the last two days, I've brought games I thought may be on the list (poor sellers, early 2003 and older) and whatever DOES NOT ring up as half off, I have them remove it and the rest I buy straight up... oh yeah, try and be a bit mindful of it all, and don't bring like 25 games up and ask 'ok, so what's half off?' :roll:

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='ihzer0']is DoAXBV on sale? Only 2 of the 4 TRUs I went to had them, and both had like one or two copies left, so I figure it might be clearance, but 1 TRU said it rang up at 40 and another didn't try and said it was 50.[/quote]

Nope... not unless they feel like adding it this weekend... I know of a TRU that has plenty of that game in case they decide to adjust the price...[/quote]

Are there plans to eventually add more games that are currently not part of the sale? Just wondering if I missed something.

[quote name='msdmoney']Are there plans to eventually add more games that are currently not part of the sale? Just wondering if I missed something.[/quote]

According to the TRU guy I spoke to this morning, what's on the list now is merely part of the eventual larger clearance of everything... and for that I say, come on $25 Tales of Symphonia... :twisted:

Wow, I'll have a lot of reading to do when I have more time, as this thread has gotten even bigger. Anyway if, I decided to go to TRU once more, and picked up three more games, I asked about Rez and Arc the Lad, but they had none in stock...

Even more upsetting, they had two display copies of one of my most wanted games on the list, KOF 00-01, but they had none in the back. :(

Regardless, without further delay, this is what I picked up today for around 27 dollars.

NephTRU3.jpg
NephTRU3A.JPG

Not the best haul around, but I did get the last copy of Freedom Fighters and LOTR:TTT, though, they STILL had that one copy of Ikaruga left.

I have got to get my camera back up so I can take pictures of my DVD shelf with full capacty games, and the nice stack that's growing in the corner of my room...

know what

im so tired of the TRU employees

I may get a basket

get one of every game and game system for every system

and makem ring it up

just to see what is and isnt half off :D

Wana be lazy?I can make you work 10x harder you lazy clerk!

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='msdmoney']Are there plans to eventually add more games that are currently not part of the sale? Just wondering if I missed something.[/quote]

According to the TRU guy I spoke to this morning, what's on the list now is merely part of the eventual larger clearance of everything... and for that I say, come on $25 Tales of Symphonia... :twisted:[/quote]

The real fun comes from asking employees your cool with to hide games in the back for you until they drop to dirt cheap ($5 and under).

God that idea is even worse than the CC thing with employees because THEY may be doing it just because they're on shift.
Seriously dude if that's on a wide scale they may be even more of hardasses about doing it because of shit like that.
I honestly hope you're joking.

As shown a few lines up, I picked up Mojo! (PS2) for half off, as the original cost was 9.99, I got it for 5 dollars, someone should edit Mojo onto the masterlist of TRU 50 percent off games.

If any of you guys see that game in your TRU, I'd recommend picking it up, it's an addictive little puzzle game, sort of reminds me of Super Monkey Ball in a way. There's an even better fact though... it's only 5 dollars.

Any regrets out there yet?

Yeah, I know what's $10, right? I got Deus (X) XIII (X) and PoP (X) and truly am disappointed with Deus. Just something about the game that doesn't do it for me...

In fact I ready traded it in:) I lost $1 on it, but all fair, and all that stuff.

Going back tomorrow for RSIII I think ... my luck it will be gone. Does the public at large know about this sale yet? At one TRU I went to they already had ads and stickers up for it..... NOOOO!!!

I don't blame you. It's not the game that turns me off completely as much as the load time William. I bought this back in the day when KB was closing btw.

[quote name='William Smith']....... Does the public at large know about this sale yet? At one TRU I went to they already had ads and stickers up for it..... NOOOO!!![/quote]

Public at large has no idea TRU sell games . Even If you put a big flashing red sticker in front of their face , they will ask if BB or CC has it.

Good, cuz my TRU's B-LOW'S.

Still want that $15 Wario World.... 3 TRU's no luck.

will try for RSIII tomorrow, played the game tonight at Gamecrazy... didn't seem too bad, till I got to the speeder craft that is supposed to race along that river bed..... it's so dark I couldn't seea damn thing!!!

This sale is pretty awesome, I picked up a lot of games I always thought about getting, but never got around to it, I just wish that my TRU had the Arc the Lad Collection and KOF 00-01. :(

Oh well, since they are apparently getting restocks soon, I'll check back at TRU in a week or so, maybe they'll get some more copies of KOF in, as I really doubt they'll ever recieve any more Arc the Lad's.

List additions/corrections for Xbox:

I picked up Crazy Taxi 3 yesterday for $9.99, so it may belong on the list. Also, Celebrity Deathmatch rang up for $9.99, not $7.50.

When I was there, the guy working the video game section was putting green stickers on the discounted items. He had a list he was working off of and he let me look at it, and he actually said he would let me copy it but he didn't have access to a copier. It was 28 pages and was listed by SKU, so everything was out of any logical order and it was hard to identify the items because only the first dozen characters of the titles were actually listed. But there were a ton of items on the list.

I managed to grab D&D Heroes, the last copy of Otogi, the last copy of Mark of Kri and Beyond Good and Evil(Xbox) from the TRU on Independence Blvd in Charlotte. A funny thing though. The Mark of Ki package was an obvious return. Re-shrink wrapped. That was cool though, the disk is almost perfect. But I found another disk inside of it. The Hulk for XBox. Talk about shocked. :shock: Its a shame, I had already rented it months ago and beat it. :)

I saw this stack of marvel vs. capcom 2's behind the counter at my toys r us, but it turns out they were all just empty cases... any idea why toys r us needs like 7 empty cases for one game?

[quote name='ill']I saw this stack of marvel vs. capcom 2's behind the counter at my toys r us, but it turns out they were all just empty cases... any idea why toys r us needs like 7 empty cases for one game?[/quote]
They have empty cases for display purposes. Each empty case should represent a physical copy of the actual game that they keep under lock & key in a glass cabinet.

picked up XIII (XB), SSX 3 (XB), and True Crime (GC) for $10 a piece at the Brookfield Square TRU in WI.

they had some of the other games on the list like Tao Feng, Wario Ware, Mario Kart...i didn't have a list with me and i don't recall what else was there. didn't bother checking PS2 or GBA. not much for old school DC, PS, and N64.

nothing was marked with "green tags" but the guy at the counter knew of the sale and had a list of all the games. he was under the impression that they would not be restocking any of the games -- once they were gone, they were gone. but who knows.

i plan on checking the Northridge store later this week...

I hope they restock at my TRU soon. I think they may have. I got the last Metal Arms for gamecube but my friend claims he saw a shelf full yesterday.

Does anyone know when the sale ends?

I guess I have been pretty lucky. The TRUs I have gone to had a decent selection of games. So far I was able to get Links 2004 (last copy), Lost Kingdoms 2, Soul Calibur 2, Buffy, Inside Pitch, Time Splitters 2, and Deus Ex. Seven games for 80 bucks, not bad...

just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this list......

i picked up PoP, Deus ex IW, Serious Sam for Xbox
and Silent Hill 3 for ps2

4 games......40 bucks.....not bad at all

thanks again!!

The CC deal was much better for eBay because you could double your money easily. At least I did.

Still a good deal on games, even at $10 a pop.

[quote name='p0tempkin']The CC deal was much better for eBay because you could double your money easily. At least I did.

Still a good deal on games, even at $10 a pop.[/quote]

Just double your money, hahaha. Some games I was able to sell 7 - 8 x more than $4.99, I mean I made a ton of cash off the CC sale, and ebay was the way to sell them. 80% of the games I put Buy Now Options and people just used that instead of bidding. One game went for over $110 (original sealed Seaman for Dreamcast)

I have picked up (all xbox)
Beyond Good & Evil
Freaky Flyers
Deus Ex 2
Sega GT 2002
Sega GT online
Gladius
Turok
Pro Race Driver

At these prices I couldn't pass these up...

After my last trip the local TRU doesn't have much left. Looks like they have been mostly picked clean.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I have picked up (all xbox)
Beyond Good & Evil
Freaky Flyers
Deus Ex 2
Sega GT 2002
Sega GT online
Gladius
Turok
Pro Race Driver

At these prices I couldn't pass these up...

After my last trip the local TRU doesn't have much left. Looks like they have been mostly picked clean.[/quote]

Boy, you just picked up two of the same game, Sega GT2002 and Sega GT Online. Online is nothing more but 2002 with Online, because I had both games. If you've ever played other racing games, you're going to hate Pro Rae Driver. BG&E is your best find though.

I just picked up these games in Chicago.

Kof 00/01
voodo vince
gobline commander
sphinx

:roll:

They also had these but I did not have enough funds.

kill.switch
wario world
whiplash
splashdown
metal arms
and other cheap titles

IF TRU is putting one giant foot into the grave and IF that means it will be liquidating its entire video game inventory...
You could always pick up some games now hoping the price will drop in the next month, then return it if it doesnt.

bread's done
Back