*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

all ATL area TRUs are cleaned out. A clerk told me yesterday that a guy with a "palm pilot and lots of money to spend" went around to all 7 local TRUs on Tues and bought every copy of every decent green tagged game. bastard.
Oh well, i'm just glad i got in on this deal last weekend so i could get most of what i wanted. ;)

[quote name='zewone']Is Castlevania: AOS and HOD part of the deal as well? If so, how much were they going for?[/quote]

I was just about to ask the ame thing.

[quote name='Dok Diamond'][quote name='zewone']Is Castlevania: AOS and HOD part of the deal as well? If so, how much were they going for?[/quote]

I was just about to ask the ame thing.[/quote]

I was about to answer, but Wait! It was answered like 20 times. :error:

-------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is getting closer to 100 000 vieiws . Yeah ha! CC Kiss my ArSS.

Quick question. Are ALL Dreamcast Games 50% off? My TRU has their DC games in a bin and over the upc they have orange stickers w/ a bar code and a large price, most of which seem high. I asked a clerk and he said they were recently marked down but not part of the 50% (and they dont have green tags)

WARNING (of sorts):

The other day I bought Silent Hill 3 for $10. Then a few days later, my friend tries to buy it from a different location, and it was $20.

It might've been said already, but this is now 91 pages long. =p

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Dok Diamond'][quote name='zewone']Is Castlevania: AOS and HOD part of the deal as well? If so, how much were they going for?[/quote]

I was just about to ask the ame thing.[/quote]

I was about to answer, but Wait! It was answered like 20 times. :error:[/quote]

Would you mind answering again since there is 91 pages to go through and it's not on the list?[/quote]

Castlevania: AOS is NOT a part of this deal.
Castlevania: HOD is $15.

Went to the Culver City, CA TRU again. They were just green-tagging items. Only PS2, Xbox, and GC on the table, though. I bought absolutely nothing this time, though others may be interested to know the table had (in random order):

A TON of Shenmue 2s
~5 Wild Arms 3
~5 Magic Pengel
~7 Secret Weapons over Normandy
1 Simpsons H&R GCN (Clerk said it was $20 w/50% off)
~7 BG&E PS2
Some Unreal Championships
~7 Primals
All the common stuff from CC's sale

Non-tabled sales items
1 Onimusha Tactics
A few N64 and DC games -- Perfect Dark, Typing of the Dead, some fishing games

[quote name='The_Continental']Confirmed.

[quote name='Scorch']Can someone confirm Links '04 for XBox = $10?[/quote][/quote]

You're a lifesaver, bud.

*runs to TRU*

Oh, I guess I should eat, shower, and change first...

Are all TRUs having this sale or are some not involved?

I was in a TRU yesterday, and I didn't see any markdowns....

I didn't ask anyone whether there was a sale, but there was no indication that there was....

[quote name='sgs89']Are all TRUs having this sale or are some not involved?

I was in a TRU yesterday, and I didn't see any markdowns....

I didn't ask anyone whether there was a sale, but there was no indication that there was....[/quote]
AFAIK, it's all stores. You should be able to just ask if they're having a clearance sale. Otherwise, pick up a game or two on the list, have a cashier scan it, then have them total the sale.

The TRU nearest me hasn't marked anything down yet. i overheard two of the clerks saying they were one of the smaller stores (she used another term i wasn't familiar with), and that they *might* not mark their items down. Depends on what corporate says.

Hit up Two Notch TRU in Columbia, SC again.

VF4: Evolution (PS2) $10
No One Lives Forever 2 (PC) $4

Picked up a few Prima Guides for a penny each:
Crimson Skies, Desert Storm 2, Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, Project Gotham Racing 2, Mario Kart DD, NFL Street, Dragonball Z: Taiketsu, Dragonball Z: Legend of Goku 2, Tomb Raider: AD, Splinter Cell

They also had some Mortal Kombat: DA shirts for 2.98 each which I picked one up. Some stuff was not there 3 days ago. Also nothing had a green tag yet.

I don't know why anyone would go buy the lot at TRU. Even if they sold these games on ebay, they're probably more likely to lose money than to make it.

[quote name='Delta']I don't know why anyone would go buy the lot at TRU. Even if they sold these games on ebay, they're probably more likely to lose money than to make it.[/quote]

The guy could have wanted a lot of games for a long time, and now they're the perfect price, I mean geez, look at what some people here picked up and you'll see.

Well, I quit. Just went to a second TRU, way the hell on the other side of town--they had the signs up, but I saw nothing green tagged. The guy was very nice, he said they had about '50%' of the tagging done [if so, they had gotten cleaned out already.]
Didn't see any of the titles I wanted that are on Page 1.
Checked Ps2 Metal Arms and Sphinx; Metal Arms was 19.99 and Sphinx was 12.95, neither was 1/2 off, and they were out of the Sphinx t-shirt. he said each game was marked down on the other platforms.
I guess I'll stick to internet deals. Although even those I don't do to well at; the last one I was excited about, getting for 25 instead of 50, two weeks later the game dropped to 30 bucks, so it was not the great deal I got at first.

Well, some people win the big bucks, and some people just keep getting 'Free Ticket'......

i asked a person at the saginaw michigan store if there was a sale, he said no.
The games rang up as the original price (green tagged), I told them I didn't want them since there wasn't a sale.
They said the green tag sale was for everything but video games.

[quote name='Valuum']i asked a person at the saginaw michigan store if there was a sale, he said no.
The games rang up as the original price (green tagged), I told them I didn't want them since there wasn't a sale.
They said the green tag sale was for everything but video games.[/quote]

:bs:

Here's my haul from the last week going to 4 different TRU's:

Today:

Disgaea (PS2) - $25
Amped (XB) - $10
THUG (GC) - $10
MOH: Rising Sun (GC) - $15
Disney's Magical Quest 2 (GBA) - $10
Blinx (XB) - $10
Hamtaro (GBA) - $15

Earlier in the week:

King of Fighters 00/01 (PS2) - $15
Monster Rancher Advance 2 (GBA) - $15
Worms Blast (GC) - $10
Virtua Tennis (GBA) - $5
Resident Evil 2 (N64) - $7.50
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (XB) - $15

Something weird happened when I bought the games today. Five of the games (Disgaea, MOH, Amped, THUG, Hamtaro), while clearly on the list and marked with a green tag, DID NOT RING UP FOR 50% OFF when the cashier totaled the order. The cashier manually adjusted the order because the green tags were on the items. The manager was confused, he even checked the store's master list to make sure the games were marked correctly, yet they still weren't ringing up for 50% off. I'm wondering if items are being pulled off the master list as we speak or if TRU is halting the sale until it "officially" starts on the 22nd.

I went to my TRU today to see that it has been raided by an ebay seller. The cashier told me about a guy who came in with a cellphone and pager to buy everything that was 50% off that was any good. I'm glad I knew about this deal before people like these did. All they have at my TRU is a few copies of Magic Pengal, a bunch of sports titles, and other crap games like Zapper.

I did notice one last copy of Kof 2k/2k1 on the shelves in the glass case.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I think I may try one more time on my way home today from work....different TRU this time though. Trying the Roseville store in MI.

I want for XBOX:
The Sims
Prince of Persia
KOTOR (if it was on sale)

and wahtever else they have....[/quote]

the roseville store had a few copies of prince of persia for xbox when i was there last week, but i imagine that they would all be gone by now. they didn't have that much before everyone knew about the sale, and i would expect that they have far less now.

[quote name='Josef']

Something weird happened when I bought the games today. Five of the games (Disgaea, MOH, Amped, THUG, Hamtaro), while clearly on the list and marked with a green tag, DID NOT RING UP FOR 50% OFF when the cashier totaled the order. The cashier manually adjusted the order because the green tags were on the items. The manager was confused, he even checked the store's master list to make sure the games were marked correctly, yet they still weren't ringing up for 50% off. I'm wondering if items are being pulled off the master list as we speak or if TRU is halting the sale until it "officially" starts on the 22nd.[/quote]

thats exactly what happened when i went. i picked up the sims, KOF 00/01 and frequency. the only thing that came up 50% off was the sims. the cashier had to go get the manager and she had to force the sale through for me and then she told the cashier to pull all the green tags off certain games and then retag them on the 21st.

[quote name='Valuum']i asked a person at the saginaw michigan store if there was a sale, he said no.

I JUST got back from the Saginaw Toys R Us and there are signs on all sorts of games and accessories. You went to the one on Tittabawassee, right? Only thing good I saw was Silent Hill 3 and that rang up for 20 but then he had to fix it. I noticed that when he went to check the tag, he came back with it and another one (NFS:HP2 Xbox) w/game (maybe he was going to buy it later), so I dunno. I've never been crazy about our Toys R Us.

[quote name='glassbottomJAw'][quote name='Josef']

Something weird happened when I bought the games today. Five of the games (Disgaea, MOH, Amped, THUG, Hamtaro), while clearly on the list and marked with a green tag, DID NOT RING UP FOR 50% OFF when the cashier totaled the order. The cashier manually adjusted the order because the green tags were on the items. The manager was confused, he even checked the store's master list to make sure the games were marked correctly, yet they still weren't ringing up for 50% off. I'm wondering if items are being pulled off the master list as we speak or if TRU is halting the sale until it "officially" starts on the 22nd.[/quote]

thats exactly what happened when i went. i picked up the sims, KOF 00/01 and frequency. the only thing that came up 50% off was the sims. the cashier had to go get the manager and she had to force the sale through for me and then she told the cashier to pull all the green tags off certain games and then retag them on the 21st.[/quote]

Geez. It's to late for that pulling off the green tags business. What a bunch of corporate IDIOTS :!:

I got PoP(Xbox) - $10
WWE Raw 2- $10

Exton PA

NOTE***I saw a lot of neo geo pocket games there, Samurai Showdown 2 and Cardfighter Clash in particular...They also had a good amount of games with green stickers for all 3 systems, definately worth a trip if you are in the area;

That pulling off the tag stuff is similar to a local CC not honoring the 5 dollar sale because it was "A computer glitch caused by a hacker".

Worked for me. That CC was a gold mine. Most people would just take that and move on, leaving awesome games on the counter. All you had to do was buy it at the full price and take it to another store and get a PA.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='servbot']which castlevania for the gba is on sale?????[/quote]

Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance are both on sale, apparently. Circle was the first one, sometimes just called Castlevania for GBA. Both are rare at this point, but Harmony is nigh impossible to find.[/quote]

The Antioch, TN (Hickory Hollow) location had about 3 CotMs in stock the last time I checked. Didn't see any HoDs though.

You guys can put Grandia Xtreme on the list. I went to mine and had the guy scan it he said "$50, but it's half off so $25". He might have just assumed though, but he DID acknowledge DDRMAX2's $40ness.

Also: Harmony of Dissonance sucks. I wish Aria were on sale, one of mine has a ton :(

[quote name='mdm']You guys can put Grandia Xtreme on the list. I went to mine and had the guy scan it he said "$50, but it's half off so $25". He might have just assumed though, but he DID acknowledge DDRMAX2's $40ness.

Also: Harmony of Dissonance sucks. I wish Aria were on sale, one of mine has a ton :([/quote]

I wouldn't say Harmony sucks. It's just a little too close to Symphony for PSone, which loses some originality points.

[quote name='mdm']You guys can put Grandia Xtreme on the list. I went to mine and had the guy scan it he said "$50, but it's half off so $25". He might have just assumed though, but he DID acknowledge DDRMAX2's $40ness.

Also: Harmony of Dissonance sucks. I wish Aria were on sale, one of mine has a ton :([/quote]

When I went to pick up a copy of DDRMAX2 for a fellow CAGer, they had a list of "deleted sale games", which had DDRMAX2 and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando on it, and those were to be excluded from the 50% off. My copy wasn't, as they found the mistake when I tried to buy it.

DDRMAX2 is a YMMV title in this sale, among some others.

[quote name='mdm']Also: Harmony of Dissonance sucks.[/quote]

lol

If you're going to claim that one of the best game out 'sucks', at least back it up with some legitimate reasons.

MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.

Anyone get these games 50% off because there is a thread on Gamefaqs that states these are on the list:

Colin McRae Rally 3
Conflict Desert Storm 2
ESPN NBA Basketball
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
Fifa 2004
Links 2004
Madden 2004
MVP Baseball 2003
NBA Inside Drive 2004
NCAA March Madness 2004
NFL Fever 2004
NHL 2004
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splashdown
SSX 3
SSX Tricky
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4

This is the thread:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15752829

I picked up:

GCN
Beach Spikers $9.96
Harry Potter: Quidditch $9.96
LOTR: TT $9.96
Robotech: Battlecry $9.96
Rogue Ops $9.96
Sega Soccer Slam $9.96

GBA
Boktai $7.49

First, he totaled them and said they weren't on sale. But I had him try again and he used a different computer. That time they rang up correctly. But, Harry Potter was empty when I got home, so I had to go back to exchange it.

[quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Wow! "Manhunt" for the XBox. I am SO there. Btw Asian don't bother even if MS3 is $20. You can get MSC for the same price and it's ALL MS's up to 3 on PC. www.play-asia.com/ go there to buy it.

Hmm.. Murfreesboro, TN TRU didn't even HAVE Links 04. I may go back here shortly and get Tao Feng, I didn't know that was on the list.. and it's a pretty sweet fighter..

Oh well, finding a used copy of Fever 04 for 9.99 at Hastings made up for it.

"Anyone get these games 50% off because there is a thread on Gamefaqs that states these are on the list:
Colin McRae Rally 3"
i bought ps2 version: yes
ssx3 has been no three days in a row

hey, those other games are old sports games anyway?

[quote name='AndrewSlate'][quote name='Valuum']i asked a person at the saginaw michigan store if there was a sale, he said no.

I JUST got back from the Saginaw Toys R Us and there are signs on all sorts of games and accessories. You went to the one on Tittabawassee, right? Only thing good I saw was Silent Hill 3 and that rang up for 20 but then he had to fix it. I noticed that when he went to check the tag, he came back with it and another one (NFS:HP2 Xbox) w/game (maybe he was going to buy it later), so I dunno. I've never been crazy about our Toys R Us.[/quote]

Yeah, my friend also wanted to buy some gba thing, it was CLEARLY marked down to 7$. It rang up and totaled to $20. I don't think it's the most quality Toys R Us.

Yeah, it was the one on Tittabawassee. I talked to another friend, he said he got a few games 50% off though.

[quote name='Tatum']Anyone get these games 50% off because there is a thread on Gamefaqs that states these are on the list:

Colin McRae Rally 3
Conflict Desert Storm 2
ESPN NBA Basketball
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
Fifa 2004
Links 2004
Madden 2004
MVP Baseball 2003
NBA Inside Drive 2004
NCAA March Madness 2004
NFL Fever 2004
NHL 2004
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splashdown
SSX 3
SSX Tricky
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4

This is the thread:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15752829[/quote]

My local TRU has a lot of copies of THPS 4, and I've been interested in getting that, how much does it retail for? I didn't even see the price-tag...

I picked up SSX3, Magic Pengel, and Deus Ex today for a total of $30... my store is pretty well stocked still, and has (literally) stacks of Silent Hill 3s etc... almost all the stuff on sale I already own though...

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but TRU sent an update to stores. There are a bunch of items that as of yesterday have been corrected and are now not part of the 50% off sale. They are(there may be a few more, but these are most of them):

GBA Super Monkey Ball
GBA Cat in the Hat
GBA American Idol
GBA Fairly Odd Parents
GBA Rocket Power
GC Super Monkey Ball
GC Crazy Taxi
GC The Sims
GC Simpsons Hit and Run
GC Soul Calibur 2
GC Museum
GC Wario World