*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='tubtub']I don't know if this has been posted yet, but TRU sent an update to stores. There are a bunch of items that as of yesterday have been corrected and are now not part of the 50% off sale. They are(there may be a few more, but these are most of them):

GBA Super Monkey Ball
GBA Cat in the Hat
GBA American Idol
GBA Fairly Odd Parents
GBA Rocket Power
GC Super Monkey Ball
GC Crazy Taxi
GC The Sims
GC Simpsons Hit and Run
GC Soul Calibur 2
GC Museum
GC Wario World
GC Fairly Odd Parents
GC Tony Hawk Underground
GC Mario Kart with bonus disk
GC Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Midnnight Club 2
PS2 Barbie Horse Ride
PS2 Silent Hill 3
PS2 American Idol
PS2 Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Simpsons Hit and Run
PS2 Rugby
PS2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
XB The Sims
XB SSX Tricky
XB Crimson Skies
XB DDR with pad
XB SSX 3
XB Prince of Persia
XB Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit[/quote]

DAMNIT! I knew I shouldn't have passed on PoP...

[quote name='MorPhiend']I picked up:

GCN
Beach Spikers $9.96
Harry Potter: Quidditch $9.96
LOTR: TT $9.96
Robotech: Battlecry $9.96
Rogue Ops $9.96
Sega Soccer Slam $9.96

GBA
Boktai $7.49

First, he totaled them and said they weren't on sale. But I had him try again and he used a different computer. That time they rang up correctly. But, Harry Potter was empty when I got home, so I had to go back to exchange it.[/quote]

Damn lucky. Where was the store you went to? I so want to get my hands on Soccer Slam and Beach Spikers. (4 player action galore)

GC SSX3 is still on sale, but not the others. Also, I bet a lot of stores still have the games labeled as 50% off. If they do and they don't ring 50% off then they will change the price for you. So if a title you see is on the list I'd hurry up and try to get it before stores remove the labels. I saw Knights of the Old Republic with a green tag at one TRU, so it came to $10,even though it wasn't supposed to be on sale at all.

I just got back, from my final(?) trip at TRU and scored two more games. They are:

Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
Metal Arms (PS2)

My total haul so far:

KOF 00/01
Onimusha Tactics
Star Wars RS3: Rebel Strike
Silent Hill 3
Metal Arms

Not bad for $55 :D

I saw at least 3-4 copies of Front Mission 3 for $20 at my local TRU. It doesn't seem to be selling at all.

Has anyone noticed their TRU restocking anything? I only have one to go to in this area and luckily went there last Sat morning before most others knew what was going on. I've since stopped by on Monday afternoon and Friday afternoon. It was obvious nothing has been restocked in the times I have went back.

I'm only in the market for GC and GBA games and amazingly found the two I wanted the most on Sat morning (Boktai and Sphinx). I also picked up Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings for the heck of it. I was hoping to get a couple more games like Vexx but they've been out all week. You think they will restock for the weekend?

[quote name='WhoDey']Has anyone noticed their TRU restocking anything? I only have one to go to in this area and luckily went there last Sat morning before most others knew what was going on. I've since stopped by on Monday afternoon and Friday afternoon. It was obvious nothing has been restocked in the times I have went back.

I'm only in the market for GC and GBA games and amazingly found the two I wanted the most on Sat morning (Boktai and Sphinx). I also picked up Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings for the heck of it. I was hoping to get a couple more games like Vexx but they've been out all week. You think they will restock for the weekend?[/quote]

Mine has been. I went in today and they had some titles that weren't there on Wednesday (like THUG, BG&E, etc.) In any case, they could be restocking.

I scored Skygunner by Atlus for 5 bucks. :\ And a pepsi for 1.24. The pepsi was overpriced, should I return it?

skygunner.jpg

If any of you guys bought Fatal Frame for the Xbox for $25, you can return to your local TRU and get a $5 refund since it went down $10 in price. I bought it from the sale before the price went down and heard from this thread about the price drop. I went to my friendly, local TRU and mentioned the price drop. I got $5 back. It is CONFIRMED, so run, don't walk to your nearest TRU (I bought Fatal Frame from a different TRU than the one I went to get my mini rebate from) and get that $5! Because $5 really is $5.

I wanted to pick up another xbox controller, are there any under the 50% off sale? Plus the manager at the first TRU I went to on Wednesday refused to let me have any penny guides cause they were going back. I was like, nooo they are gonna shred them! Some employees at TRU are just hyprocrites, there was like HUNDREDS of guides out on a big rack nex to the game aisles that were beat the hell up. I would have taken them for a penny if the manager let me have them, PFFT.

Today I bought Otogi, Star Wars:Jedi Academy & Cabela's Dangerous Hunts all Xbox. Cabela's ............... I don't know I just wanted to play it!!!
Also saw Dino Crisis 3 and the GC broadband adapter, is the broadband adapter worth getting or not!!!

[quote name='Santurio']Today I bought Otogi, Star Wars:Jedi Academy & Cabela's Dangerous Hunts all Xbox. Cabela's ............... I don't know I just wanted to play it!!!
Also saw Dino Crisis 3 and the GC broadband adapter, is the broadband adapter worth getting or not!!![/quote]

Ho...ly... crap... I knew someone would take the plunge and get one of the Caleba games... I don't get those... I'd love to hunt deer, bear and stuff too, but they don't have any rail guns, BFG's, or rocket launchers, so the level of authenticity is a downer for me... :x

I picked up SSX 3 for Xbox today @ my TRU and it was still $10. I actually bought this game a couple months back but sold it to EB for like $15-$20 and now I own it again, hehe.

As for restocking, when I went today mine was restocking with like 50 copies of Scooby Doo(PS2) and some NHL hockey game. I seriously doubt they will restock anything good but I suppose it will vary per store. Happy Hunting!

[quote name='sarkenobi']If any of you guys bought Fatal Frame for the Xbox for $25, you can return to your local TRU and get a $5 refund since it went down $10 in price. I bought it from the sale before the price went down and heard from this thread about the price drop. I went to my friendly, local TRU and mentioned the price drop. I got $5 back. It is CONFIRMED, so run, don't walk to your nearest TRU (I bought Fatal Frame from a different TRU than the one I went to get my mini rebate from) and get that $5! Because $5 really is $5.[/quote]

Okay, i'm on heavy sedatives right now due to a spastic colon, so tell me what Fatal Frame rings up as on XBox right now.. $20?

I haven't opened it yet, I'm still pondering if killing mountain lions and bears are worth $10. But you never know..........................................
it might be my guilty secret pleasure!!!!hahahahahahahaha
That was funny thoough Fatesealer!!!

[quote name='MightySlacker']Can anyone else confirm Skygunner before I drag my happy ass down there?

Dave[/quote]

I'm almost sure I got extremely lucky. This game is like 2-3 years old. :\ I doubt any other Toys R US would still have it. =(

EbGames has it for 12~Ish dollars used.

[quote name='WhoDey']Has anyone noticed their TRU restocking anything? I only have one to go to in this area and luckily went there last Sat morning before most others knew what was going on. I've since stopped by on Monday afternoon and Friday afternoon. It was obvious nothing has been restocked in the times I have went back.

I'm only in the market for GC and GBA games and amazingly found the two I wanted the most on Sat morning (Boktai and Sphinx). I also picked up Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings for the heck of it. I was hoping to get a couple more games like Vexx but they've been out all week. You think they will restock for the weekend?[/quote]

Like I've said before, I think they just dragged out a bunch of stock from the back room, where it's been gathering dust for years.

[quote name='Ziddy'][quote name='MightySlacker']Can anyone else confirm Skygunner before I drag my happy ass down there?

Dave[/quote]

I'm almost sure I got extremely lucky. This game is like 2-3 years old. :\ I doubt any other Toys R US would still have it. =(

EbGames has it for 12~Ish dollars used.[/quote]

I can confirm it. I got it on Monday at my local Geoffrey's Store.

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, i'm on heavy sedatives right now due to a spastic colon, so tell me what Fatal Frame rings up as on XBox right now.. $20?[/quote]

Yes, It should ring up at $20 now since the prices were changed August 19th. I bought it August 18th, then went yesterday (the 19th) to get the price difference back.

Fatal Frame (xbox) will ring up about $20 (probably $19.95, I just rounded it off) as part of the Green Tag Sale.

[quote name='Santurio']I guess the GameCube Broadband Adapter is NOT worth getting for $20!!!!?????????????????????????????[/quote]

Considering there is only like 5 GameCube games online. And they just aren't in the stores because other people have found them. I would have bought one for the hell of it if I could FIND one. It's a good freaking deal.

[quote name='sarkenobi'][quote name='Santurio']I guess the GameCube Broadband Adapter is NOT worth getting for $20!!!!?????????????????????????????[/quote]

Considering there is only like 5 GameCube games online. And they just aren't in the stores because other people have found them. I would have bought one for the hell of it if I could FIND one. It's a good freaking deal.[/quote]

That many? Wow.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='sarkenobi'][quote name='Santurio']I guess the GameCube Broadband Adapter is NOT worth getting for $20!!!!?????????????????????????????[/quote]

Considering there is only like 5 GameCube games online. And they just aren't in the stores because other people have found them. I would have bought one for the hell of it if I could FIND one. It's a good freaking deal.[/quote]

That many? Wow.[/quote]

Not including the three LAN games, there are only 2 games online. PSO I & II, and PSO III... though 3 officially when PSO Plus comes out. Wow indeed.

But, the BBA is worth getting if you have a friend who has one, and one of the games you can play through a LAN, then, yeah, Double Dash with LAN could be really fun.

Double Dash LAN is not as fun as you think. You cant choose your characters and they dropped the framerate down to 30 FPS, trust me, it makes a HUGE difference. I found 4 player more fun than 8.

BBA can also be use for hacking. For example, I heard you can edit your car in F-Zero using Photoshop andBBA.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I saw at least 3-4 copies of Front Mission 3 for $20 at my local TRU. It doesn't seem to be selling at all.[/quote]

Which location? God I envy you so much...

Kain Vincent, did you get your Silent Hill 3 for half off? I just bought mine today too, around 830 pm, and the system didn't mark it down. The first page of this post mentions SH3 is no longer on sale, so if you got yours half off, how'd that happen?

I'm new to the Xbox LIVE scene, and I wanted to know if I can still pick up version 2 and use the subscription card with no problem. I realize the outside packaging states an expiration date of 3/31/04, but can I still sign on or do I need to call a LIVE representative? Sorry in advance if this had been covered before.

I just read this on another forum:

"Along with PS2 DDRMax2 and PS2 R&C:Going Commando, the following games below have been adjusted back to their regular prices by TRU.

GBA Super Monkey Ball
GBA Cat in the Hat
GBA American Idol
GBA Fairly Odd Parents
GBA Rocket Power
GC Super Monkey Ball
GC Crazy Taxi
GC The Sims
GC Simpsons Hit and Run
GC Soul Calibur 2
GC Museum
GC Wario World
GC Fairly Odd Parents
GC Tony Hawk Underground
GC Mario Kart with bonus disk
GC Need For Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Midnnight Club 2
PS2 Barbie Horse Ride
PS2 Silent Hill 3
PS2 American Idol
PS2 Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit
PS2 Simpsons Hit and Run
PS2 Rugby
PS2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
XB The Sims
XB SSX Tricky
XB Crimson Skies
XB DDR with pad
XB SSX 3
XB Prince of Persia
XB Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit"

So i guess I am SOL.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I'm new to the Xbox LIVE scene, and I wanted to know if I can still pick up version 2 and use the subscription card with no problem. I realize the outside packaging states an expiration date of 3/31/04, but can I still sign on or do I need to call a LIVE representative? Sorry in advance if this had been covered before.[/quote]

I would like to know this too. Oh and can you still pickup the live kit for $25?

[quote name='BigLebowski'][quote name='Ziddy'][quote name='MightySlacker']Can anyone else confirm Skygunner before I drag my happy ass down there?

Dave[/quote]

EbGames has it for 12~Ish dollars used.[/quote]

I can confirm it. I got it on Monday at my local Geoffrey's Store.[/quote]

Awesome! *Confirmed* Thanks, I might call some other TRU' to see if there are anymore. -.-; My friends birthday is coming up soon, this'll make a great gift. ;)

Anyways, Good Luck for those looking for Skygunner.

Have 11$ left. Should I get BG&E, Sphinx or Super Monkey Ball? Oh, and has anybody noticed the flood of newbies (yes I don't have many posts.....shutup) coming in?

It's because of these massive clearance sales. They get posted all over the web, which draws people to the forum, which requires they register.

i've been lurking on CAG for roughly 6-8 months; just regged a month or two ago.

Haven't played Sphinx, but you can't go wrong with BG&E or Super Monkey Ball. Different genres, but both are great games. Slight nod to SMB for the easy pick-up-and-play gameplay and the multiplayer modes.

bread's done
Back