*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

*sigh*.. I didn't go back. No money. I used a gift card for Hastings and got a sealed copy of Armed and Dangerous for $14.99 and found a used copy of Hulk that was like new (looks like someone opened it and sold it, never played it) for $9.99.. not a bad haul, I guess. But it's no POP, BG&E, and Freedom Fighters. Or Kill.Switch. Bah.

Just went to my TRU, nothing I wanted. They did have an Arc the Lad PS1 and Perfect Dark, but I have Arc and don't want PD. Anyone have an extra Ikaruga they want to throw my way?

I just got back from the one in lakeline and the cashier was pretty cool, he let me check to see if a couple games were 50 percent off. I ended up getting Prince of Persia XBOX for $9.99, King of Fighters 2000/2001 for $14.99, and Front Mission 3 for PSX for $19.99, which I got because I heard an unopened copy is pretty expensive, which I hope is true.

[quote name='scsg75']ah, I'm not impressed by this sale at all, all the games suck and the ones that don't suck are still $15-20.[/quote]

I'm with you, but I wouldn't mind a 10$ beyond good and evil or Soul Caliber 2 though.

[quote name='Nephets']Anybody know if The Sims (GCN) is apart of this sale?[/quote]

I am almost positive that one was on the list. Don't remember the price though.

There was some goofy stuff on the list too though. For instance it had Gladius listed for the GC, but it was 1/2 off $49.99 !!!

[quote name='Whambamm']Front Mission 3 for PSX for $19.99, which I got because I heard an unopened copy is pretty expensive, which I hope is true.[/quote]

They sell for around $50 sealed on Ebay and Half.com

[quote name='johnnyoski'][quote name='Nephets']Anybody know if The Sims (GCN) is apart of this sale?[/quote]

I am almost positive that one was on the list. Don't remember the price though.

There was some goofy stuff on the list too though. For instance it had Gladius listed for the GC, but it was 1/2 off $49.99 !!![/quote]

Gladius for 50? Ouch. I think The Sims would be 20 as it is a PC, so, I'd love to get my hands on it for 10 dollars.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Whambamm']Front Mission 3 for PSX for $19.99, which I got because I heard an unopened copy is pretty expensive, which I hope is true.[/quote]

They sell for around $50 sealed on Ebay and Half.com[/quote]

I appreciate you finding that for me. Thanks

What the hell?

I went to my TRU,HUmble TX,saw POP,LOTR:TT and BG&E.Had the guy scan them and they all rang up $19.99.

This YMMV?

[quote name='Nephets']Gladius for 50? Ouch. I think The Sims would be 20 as it is a PC, so, I'd love to get my hands on it for 10 dollars.[/quote]

Sorry, actually meant Gladius is half off the regular price of $50 so it would bring it down to $25. That isn't much of a deal and that's why I left without it.

[quote name='DX']What the hell?

I went to my TRU,HUmble TX,saw POP,LOTR:TT and BG&E.Had the guy scan them and they all rang up $19.99.

This YMMV?[/quote]

Read the earlier posts. Alot of these deals are specific for only one system. From what I've seen BG&E and PoP prices are only good for the XBox.

I picked up Soul Calibur 2 & Super Monkey Ball. I'm content. :D

Games that are NOT part of the sale I tried for cube(that weren't already mentioned): Sonic Heros, Billy Hatcher, Spongebob, Megaman An. coll.
They didn't have mario golf and a few other games in stock that I would have liked to try.

I was hoping Wario Ware for the GBA and GC might be included, since the GBA version was cleared out of BB a while back, but they rang up full price. I got Super Monkey Ball. Anyone find and try Animal Crossing? Seems like that's kinda old enough....

Managed to pick up Beyond Good and Evil (finally!) and Silent Hill 3. This is at the Kansas City store at 95th and Quivira.

Also saw XBOX PoP and a couple more copies of those games that I got.

[quote name='johnnyoski'][quote name='DX']What the hell?

This YMMV?[/quote]

Read the earlier posts. Alot of these deals are specific for only one system. From what I've seen BG&E and PoP prices are only good for the XBox.[/quote]

Also sometimes just scanning it won't show the sale price, you have to have the cashier total it as if you were checking out then the sale price shows up.

[quote name='ChessPieceFace']I was hoping Wario Ware for the GBA and GC might be included, since the GBA version was cleared out of BB a while back, but they rang up full price. I got Super Monkey Ball. Anyone find and try Animal Crossing? Seems like that's kinda old enough....[/quote]

My TRU location had like 10-15 copies of Wario Ware GBA for...$34.99! What the heck? No wonder TRU is going down under

Here's what I remember was 50% off (I spent about an hour, maybe two, just scanning games for the "50% off green tag sale" notation).

GC:
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (bought) - $10
Freedom Fighters (bought) - $10
Wario World - $15
Super Monkey Ball - $10
Soul Calibur 2 - $10
SSX 3 - $10
Pac-Man World 2 / Pac-Man Vs. Bundle - $10
Namco Museum - $10

GBA:
Onimusha Tactics - $10
D&D Eye of the Beholder - $10
(As a note, I scanned all of the good Nintendo GBA games such as Zelda: Link to the Past, the two Metroids, Mario Golf, Fire Emblem, and a few other 1st part titles and none were 50% off)

PS2:
Unlimited Saga (bought) - $7.50
Disgaea (bought) - $25
Dynasty Warriors 2 - $10

I found it funny that Wario Ware for GBA was $34.95 and Gamecube was $29.99(didn't bother to scan because it was in the glass case). I was "told" that any GBA games at $34.95 weren't marked down, which ruled out over half the games I would want.

DAMN this double sucks!

I had

POP-XBOX
BGE-XBOX
LOTR:TT-GCN

in my hands and only did a damn price check.I cant get back to TRU till MOnday.

Just got back from Brooklyn NY TRU:

Bought:
Virtua Tennis- $5
Chase- $8
Fantavision- $7.50

Saw:
Sphinx for Cube and Xbox (Already Own)
SSX3 for Cube (Already Own)
Freaky Flyers for PS2 (Already Own)
Frequency (Already Own)
Ratchet and Clank 2 (Already Own)
007 Nightfire for Xbox
Star Wars Obi Wan

Decent finds, but I really wanted Rebel Strike.

Ok People, I just got back.

Here is one for the list:

Time Splitters (Xbox) $10

I also picked up Morrowind GOTY (xbox) for $15. I have Prince o Persia reserved for me to pick up tommorrow at another TRU.

WHo says Friday the 13th is unlucky. Maybe unlucky to the wallet.....

I got

PS2

Silent Hill 3 for 10

Xbox

Panzer Dragoon Orta for 15

Dreamcast

Phantasy Star Online 1 wasn't in system but i got it for 10 had a price tag of 10 on it wish i had gotten it for at least 5 but oh well.

Phantasy Star Online 2 also 10

and 2 Antec Dreamcast Controllers
and 2 Toys R Us Dreamcast Controllers with rumble packs included
all 1.47 each

[quote name='Xevious']Ok People, I just got back.

Here is one for the list:

Time Splitters (Xbox) $10

I also picked up Morrowind GOTY (xbox) for $15. I have Prince o Persia reserved for me to pick up tommorrow at another TRU.

WHo says Friday the 13th is unlucky. Maybe unlucky to the wallet.....[/quote]

Agreed. :wink:

[quote name='snipegod']Here's what I remember was 50% off (I spent about an hour, maybe two, just scanning games for the "50% off green tag sale" notation).

GC:
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (bought)
Freedom Fighters (bought)
Wario World
Super Monkey Ball
SSX 3

GBA:
Onimusha Tactics

PS2:
Unlimited Saga (bought)
Disgaea (bought)
Dynasty Warriors 2[/quote]

how much were these after the 50% off?

[quote name='snipegod']GC: Freedom Fighters (bought)[/quote]

Does anybody know if FF for the Xbox is on sale too?

I went in for Silent Hill 3 for $10, but came out with a $10 BG&E and $35 Arc the Lad Collection...

[quote name='DX']What the hell?

This YMMV?[/quote]they have to hit the 'total' button. Just go up to them and ask them "how much would these be after taxes"

[quote name='Dok Diamond'][quote name='snipegod']Here's what I remember was 50% off (I spent about an hour, maybe two, just scanning games for the "50% off green tag sale" notation).

GC:
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (bought)
Freedom Fighters (bought)
Wario World
Super Monkey Ball
SSX 3

GBA:
Onimusha Tactics

PS2:
Unlimited Saga (bought)
Disgaea (bought)
Dynasty Warriors 2[/quote]

how much were these after the 50% off?[/quote]

I edited my post.

Deus Ex: Invisible Wars is part of this sale.. I got it for 9.99

Also, the DDR with Pad for XBOX that's 69.99 is also 50% off... Simpsons Hit and Run for Gamecube was 20, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was 20. Girlfriend appreciates the Silent Hill 3 :)

I lucked out. I got there before anyone else knew about the sale and before the employees marked anything. I ended up running back and forth to the price scanner several times... everything that was on sale did scan at the sale price when you use their price checkers, but when you check out at the register, the sale games will scan at full price with the word PROMO beside until the clerk hits total, at which point the 50% is deducted.

Things that I don't think were posted or confirmed yet (sorry if I missed it if it was):

Xbox:
Xbox game case (this is a portable case that holds 20 disks)... $2.49
Kelly Slater Pro Surfing $9.99
Superman: Man of Steel $9.99

PS2:
Disgaea $24.99

PS1:
Final Fantasy Tactics $7.49

There were about five or six pages of games included in the sale, but I don't really remember titles. The employees let me look at the list, but it was hard to tell what anything was because it only gave the first three or four letters of a title, then it said the publisher name. They were all so confused that they decided to just do what I was doing and grab a handful of tickets at a time and scan them at the price checker.

Things definitely not on sale:

Xbox:
Colin McRae Rally 04
Simpson Hit and Run
Project Gotham Racing (both)

I was bad and spent over $100, and I'm getting up early tomorrow to drive to another TRU. I'm hoping someone compiles a full list and posts it by then.

South Phoenix TRU had a whiteboard with a big 50% off games sale written on it. I looked around and didnt see anything. So I asked the guy. He had like 30 pages of games he was going down the list to pull them from the normal rack and toss them on the %50 off rack with a red sticker. I browsed through the PS2 section, mostly crap and very small. the XBOX section was huge. He wouldn't let me leave with the list or make me a copy. But the list showed the game, how many they had, and the current price. And he said everything on it rings up half off. :(

Oh, and he did confirm their store just found out about it this morning.

I called my local TRU and they said the only 50% off deal was for clothes, but I decided to go anyway and check .. the guy I talked to there said the same thing.

I decided what the hell, I will buy BG&E anyway for $20. It rang up for $19.99 and after he hit total, it dropped to $10.81.

Moral of the story - don't listen to the employees because they may not know what they're talking about. :) Once there's a more complete list I'll make a second trip.

This sale is beautiful. I went to TRU today to check it out, and picked up a few things:

Boktai (GBA): 7.47
Silent Hill 3 (PS2): 9.97
Tokyo Extreme Racing 3 (PS2): 9.99
Gladius (XBX): 14.99
Rez (PS2): 12.49

Finding that Rez was on the list made me happy. Also of note were Skygunner (PS2) for $25, the DDR Ultramix combo pack (XBX) for $35 (very nice, btw), and, uh... damn. I forgot what else. Remind me to bring my notepad in next time.

I can confirm pretty much all the other games that people are finding. There were lots of dropped prices, and nothing was marked correctly, so hopefully you'll have a few chances at finding things.

Edit: I ended up with the last copy of Rez, and it had a clearance tag on the front, so I don't think they'll be getting any more in. Not at my store, anyway.

[quote name='Skylander7']Deus Ex: Invisible Wars is part of this sale.. I got it for 9.99

Also, the DDR with Pad for XBOX that's 69.99 is also 50% off... Simpsons Hit and Run for Gamecube was 20, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was 20. Girlfriend appreciates the Silent Hill 3 :)[/quote]

Wow.. I need to check out if they have DDR. I've been wanting that game.

[quote name='swick']This sale is beautiful. I went to TRU today to check it out, and picked up a few things:
Rez (PS2): 12.49[/quote]

Man, I can't believe any of these are still out there at retail! They go for as high as $70 on eBay. Congrats.

I don't think these have been posted yet:

Sega Soccer Slam (GC): $9.99
Munch's Oddyssey (GB): 9.99
Need for Speed: HP2 (PS2): 9.99
Haven (PS2): 4.99
Devil May Cry: 9.99
Whiteout (XB): 4.99
Tony Hawk UG (GC): 9.99
World Rally Championship (PS2): 14.99
Street Fighter (PS2): 9.99
UFC: Tapout 1 (XB): 9.99
UFC: Tapout 2 (XB): 9.99

The store in Boardman, OH had all of the clearance games marked with signs taped under the racks. There were more than I can remember, especially for PS2.

By my calculation with all of these cheapass sales, I could play 4 hours a day for the next 10 years and not finish all of them.

Hey, just got back from the Culver City, CA store, cashier was nice enough to let me bring a few titles to her to check if they were on sale.

Anyway, came away with:

Mark of Kri (PS2) x 2 - $7.49
Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - $9.97
Sphinx (XBox) - $6.47
Voodoo Vince (XBox) - $9.99

Here's the titles there that I can remember:

Eternal Darkness (GC)
LotR: Two Towers (GC)
.hack 3 (PS2)
Fantavision (PS2)
Mark of Kri (PS2)
Primal (PS2)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
Unlimited Saga (PS2)

Hunter: Redeemer (XBox)
MGS2: Substance (XBox)
Sphinx (XBox)
Star Wars: Obi-Wan (XBox)
Unreal Tournament (XBox)
Voodoo Vince (XBox)

Also, The Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution is the original. The GH version is NOT ringing up on sale.

bread's done
Back