*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Has anyone actually played Onimusha Tactics yet? Couldn't resist picking it up, but I heard it blows goats -- especially with tons of other tactical RPGs (FFA Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, and the Advance Wars games) on the same system.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Has anyone actually played Onimusha Tactics yet? Couldn't resist picking it up, but I heard it blows goats -- especially with tons of other tactical RPGs (FFA Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, Shining Force, and the Advance Wars games) on the same system.[/quote]

It is kinda weak-sauce compared to the likes of FFTa, but still pretty fun in it's own right. Not $30 fun, but for $10, it's worth it.

Anybody from Maryland find anything good at TRU? I picked up Shenmue 2, MGS 2: Substance, and Silent Hill 3. This was at the Reistertown rd. TRU.

"I found Myst III: Exile for 50% off at my 2nd store and it wasn't even on the list!"

--Sorry to hear that.... dreadful concept for a console game. Dreadful.

Well folks I'm 2 for 4...

LOVE PoP and I picked up RSIII (don't know why people hate this game so much) for $10 that seems solid as well...

but...

XIII grew redundant after a few hours and Deus wasn't cup o tea. After trading those in for credit I came up short by about $3.50.

Tree fitty... reminds me of that SP.

Anyway, I'm happy with the way it's turned out. I would have lost more had I rented those 2 games to try them out, plus I doubt I would have ever tried RSIII w/o this sale.

Ok, so Im going Audio visual style to improve my chances of getting help.
So has ANYBODY gotten SSX-3 PS2 for less than $19.99? Ive read tons of people got the GC or Xbox cheap but could it be that the PS2 ISNT in this sale? Heres my receipt, it doesnt seem to mention any discount/clearence fall or whatever. (and Im not sure what it would look like because my TRU was a ghosttown of anything good.) Anyway, so Ive got a pic of my receipt and am hoping somebody will look it over for me and see if I got screwed (PM me with an email address and Ill gladly send) Thanks guys

[/img]

Just out of curiosity could any TRU employee go do an item inquiry on the gold GBA SP we sold this past christmas? I dont work there until Saturday and that gold SP just popped into my head. Thanks

I went to my local TRU last night and they had the PS2 pack with the 2 games, xtra controller and remote. I quickly jumped on it, but it came up full price. The girl first did a price check ,then i told her to do a final sale and it still came up normal price of $229.99. I was highly disapointed.

Already posted this once, but just looked through the list and remembered more I saw @ my TRU.

They still have:

GC:
Black and Bruised
Soul Calibur II (Non-GH)
LotR: TT (GH)
MoH: Rising Sun
The Sims
Harry Potter - 3 different games
Madden 2004
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (but this wasn't half off)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III (GH)

PS2:
Devil May Cry (GH)
Sphinx and the Curse of the Mummy
Dark Cloud (GH)
Need for Speed: HP2 (GH)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (GH)

PSX:

Gran Turismo 2 (GH)
Saga Frontier 2 (GH)
Front Mission 3
Legend of Dragoon (GH)

Xbox:

Shenmue 2

Unfortunately, I'm broke so I only got 3 games (LotR: TT, Soul Caliber II and MoH: Rising Sun).

If anyone wants stuff that my TRU has, PM me.

There were more they had and if you mention them, I might remember. So, if you got something you want, PM me and we might be able to work something out where I pick it up for you.

P.S. The employees there had NO IDEA about the sale lol

A couple more games to add to the list:

GC:
Crazy Taxi (GH) - $10
Virtua Striker 2002 - $25

PS2:
Kya - $10
Mojo! - $5
Wild Arms 3 - $15

PS1:
Legend of Dragoon - $7.50

Also, a lot of the older strategy guides and accessories were half off as well.

Here's what I nabbed:

PS2
Haven Call of the King
Unlimited Saga
Kya Dark Lineage
Metal Arms

Xbox
Sphinx
Pro Race Driver
Deus Ex

I found several Arc the Lad collections. Is it worth picking up one or two to trade?

[quote name='Ericnmel99']I went to my local TRU last night and they had the PS2 pack with the 2 games, xtra controller and remote. I quickly jumped on it, but it came up full price. The girl first did a price check ,then i told her to do a final sale and it still came up normal price of $229.99. I was highly disapointed.[/quote]

Was that you in the Goomba shirt?

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Eh? no... i had a Taking back sunday shirt on. were you around there banging on the donkey congas?[/quote]Nope, but I think I saw that kid on the congas. Was this the TRU on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown? That would mean there were at least 3 of us CAG's in there at the same time... heh.

Anyways, I emerged from the game department empty-handed. Although I did get these cool Blade II and Wolverine wind-up toys for a few bucks each (yes, wind-up toys).

The lady behind the counter was really cool about scanning and totalling items to let me know which ones were on sale. Interestingly, she told me that if a game was in the glass case, it would NOT be discounted. Only games that were in the normal displays (the copies you could just pick up with the hard plastic outer casing) would be eligible for discount. Not sure if this was just my store, or if it could be responsible for some of the YMMV's we've been getting?

So I didn't get any games there. But at least I was able to go to a nearby GameStop and get the glorious WWF In Your House for $2.99. I'll be trying the Old Country Road location later today.

Yeah i was at the levittown one. I was going to pick up a couple ps2 and gameboy advanced games, but there really wasnt anything that i really wanted, so i put them back. My son got some megaman toy while we were there.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']I went to my local TRU last night and they had the PS2 pack with the 2 games, xtra controller and remote. I quickly jumped on it, but it came up full price. The girl first did a price check ,then i told her to do a final sale and it still came up normal price of $229.99. I was highly disapointed.[/quote]

I asked about this myself, and all i learned was this:

Package 1: PS2, DVD kit, extra Con, ATV game, Jak game: HALF OFF!
Package 2: PS2, DVD Kit, extra Con, Ratchet game, Jak game: FULL PRICE!

I'm not sure which one you had scanned, but i'd guess it was package #2...
That's all i've found as well...

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='Ericnmel99']Eh? no... i had a Taking back sunday shirt on. were you around there banging on the donkey congas?[/quote]Nope, but I think I saw that kid on the congas. Was this the TRU on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown? That would mean there were at least 3 of us CAG's in there at the same time... heh.

Anyways, I emerged from the game department empty-handed. Although I did get these cool Blade II and Wolverine wind-up toys for a few bucks each (yes, wind-up toys).

The lady behind the counter was really cool about scanning and totalling items to let me know which ones were on sale. Interestingly, she told me that if a game was in the glass case, it would NOT be discounted. Only games that were in the normal displays (the copies you could just pick up with the hard plastic outer casing) would be eligible for discount. Not sure if this was just my store, or if it could be responsible for some of the YMMV's we've been getting?

So I didn't get any games there. But at least I was able to go to a nearby GameStop and get the glorious WWF In Your House for $2.99. I'll be trying the Old Country Road location later today.[/quote]

When I picked up my games on my TRU tour on Sunday, more than half of the games were behind the glass case at the register.

On Monday, I grabbed a copy of DDRMAX2 for someone, they made some random comment to me about the games behind the glass case not being up for 50% goodness.

The funny thing is that with the stores here in St. Louis, some of the games in the glass case at one store were out on the shelf in another store. Fatal Frame for the XBox comes to mind, as did Dynasty Warriors 4, for games that were behind glass at one and on the shelf at another.

Just out of curiosity could any TRU employee go do an item inquiry on the gold GBA SP we sold this past christmas? I dont work there until Saturday and that gold SP just popped into my head. Thanks

Nope, the Gold SP isn't half off. The only systems that ring up half are the old GBAs and GBA with E-readers, X-box with the big controller, old PS2 bundle pack with Jak and ATV, and Zelda GC Bundles.

Hey, can someone give me the UPC # and 6-digit SKU # from their receipt for Fatal Frame for the XBox?

The UPC on the first line of the register line item, on the left side, the SKU # is the second, 6 digit number right under it.

I just visited my Toys R Us and found that they put out a bin of brand new Game Boy Pocket Systems. Marked 12.00 and rang up for 6.00.

I figured it was a steal to buy at 6.00 for a new system. Probably has some collecting value too.

I just saw that DDR Max 2 is on the list? But has two stars by it.... What does this mean? Cuz the TRU I work at has a bunch of em in... Didnt know this was part of the clearance... Thanks.

I went to my local TRU yesterday. Not much left, but I scored a little. Anyway, I saw Nightshade there for $20. It seems like they finally dropped the price. I only checked my local TRU, so that price may be YMMV. Anyhow, here's what I scored in total:

KOF 00/01
Onimusha Tactics
Star Wars RS3: Rebel Strike

Not bad for $35. :)

[quote name='masha'][quote name='hulk2k4+1']...[/quote] :imwithst: :imwithst:[/quote]
Its always bad when you mess up your first post. :roll:

[quote name='DarkDevil2k3']I just saw that DDR Max 2 is on the list? But has two stars by it.... What does this mean? Cuz the TRU I work at has a bunch of em in... Didnt know this was part of the clearance... Thanks.[/quote]

At some TRU stores it rings 50% off at some doesn't . I have 4 TRU around me and only one had DDR MAX 2 with 50% discount . YMMV.

[quote name='William Smith']Well folks I'm 2 for 4...

LOVE PoP and I picked up RSIII (don't know why people hate this game so much) for $10 that seems solid as well...

but...

XIII grew redundant after a few hours and Deus wasn't cup o tea. After trading those in for credit I came up short by about $3.50.

Tree fitty... reminds me of that SP.

Anyway, I'm happy with the way it's turned out. I would have lost more had I rented those 2 games to try them out, plus I doubt I would have ever tried RSIII w/o this sale.[/quote]

That's what CAG is for, William. You beat something or don't like it, trade it here. I haven't gone to a single GameStop or EB since becoming a regular here. If something you have is decent, and especially in mint condition, someone will want it.

I personally love Deus Ex: IW, by the way. Maybe you didn't give it enough time to let the freedom flow?

[quote name='Ericnmel99'][quote name='masha'][quote name='hulk2k4+1']...[/quote] :imwithst: :imwithst:[/quote]
Its always bad when you mess up your first post. :roll:[/quote]

That was his second post. He's the moron who pasted an Elder Scrolls FAQ in this thread. I realize "moron" is a strong word, but yes...MORON.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='DarkDevil2k3']I just saw that DDR Max 2 is on the list? But has two stars by it.... What does this mean? Cuz the TRU I work at has a bunch of em in... Didnt know this was part of the clearance... Thanks.[/quote]

At some TRU stores it rings 50% off at some doesn't . I have 4 TRU around me and only one had DDR MAX 2 with 50% discount . YMMV.[/quote]

Were some of those glass-case only, and some on the normal shelf? If we can establish some official pattern than that would be awesome.

If you happen to get a GBA for $35, there is a GBA Mega Pack made by Intec (I think) that is ringing up for $7.47. It comes with a ton of stuff, a hard case, a GBA protector with a light, some plastic game cases, a link cable, a car power adapter, an A/C power adapter, and a rechargable battery pack. I think there is a soft carrying case in the pack too.

I went to the TRU in Slidell, LA today. They still had a bunch of games. I got True Crimes and XIII, both for Gamecube.

Learning of the Toys R Us deal = internet connection

Driving to Toys R US = gas money

All of us saving tons including sarkenobi spending $172.75 and saving $152.90 = PRICELESS!!!!

I'm going back to another Toys R Us today for round 2

[quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.
Couldn't find ZOE2.[/quote]

I picked it up for $10

Did you have the cashier total it?

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='masha'][quote name='DarkDevil2k3']I just saw that DDR Max 2 is on the list? But has two stars by it.... What does this mean? Cuz the TRU I work at has a bunch of em in... Didnt know this was part of the clearance... Thanks.[/quote]

At some TRU stores it rings 50% off at some doesn't . I have 4 TRU around me and only one had DDR MAX 2 with 50% discount . YMMV.[/quote]

Were some of those glass-case only, and some on the normal shelf? If we can establish some official pattern than that would be awesome.[/quote]

I don't think it has anything to do with the place where you keep them.
Manager at one TRU told me that when they pulled some stuff back from this sale , DDR MAX 2 (included) it didn't register at all TRU stores or(my input) maybe the system needed to be rebooted in order to reflect a new price.

TRU Normal shelf and with a register and with no tickets was ringing 50% off on DDR Max2

[quote name='defiance_17']The TRU I went to today is really a dive (I know, they all are, but this one is worse), and it's kind of out of the way of everything else. There were a ton of copies of:

PS2

DDR
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II
KoF
MvC2

[/quote]

I'd be willing to pay cost + shipping + a little extra for Fatal Frame for PS2 if you would snag me one :wink:

[quote name='lebowsky']I'd be willing to pay cost + shipping + a little extra for Fatal Frame for PS2 if you would snag me one :wink:[/quote]
Aw, heck, man - if you can make it to Jackson, I think our TRU still has a couple of copies of it. $25 still seems steep to me, though.

[quote name='swick'][quote name='lebowsky']I'd be willing to pay cost + shipping + a little extra for Fatal Frame for PS2 if you would snag me one :wink:[/quote]
Aw, heck, man - if you can make it to Jackson, I think our TRU still has a couple of copies of it. $25 still seems steep to me, though.[/quote]

$25!? OK, I officially rescind my offer. I thought it was $10. I didn't see it on the master list and just assumed.

if anyone sees a SOCOMw/ head set, I hate to ask again but I really need one (mainly for the head set) plz PM me ill pay for it plus extra for your time. Thanx again.

Just a word to the wise, stuff in glass case behind the counter DOES ring up at 50% off. both my Disgaea and Ikaruga were back there, and both automatically rang up half off.

[quote name='skooby']Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for PS2 is still at 19.99 :(.
Couldn't find ZOE2.[/quote]

Are you sure? It shouldn't be. I picked up my copy for 9.99. Did you check out with it?

bread's done
Back