*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']=P~ Nice Haul...

What was the price for Mars Matrix?...And did they have any Power Stone?[/quote]
Heh, thanks.

I already own MM, which is why I didn't get it. I think it was $10 (after the discount, anyway), which is much better than what I paid. Anger!

Nah, no Power Stone, sadly enough. In retrospect, I think SFA3 was the only fighting game they had. Hm.

[quote name='Tatum']Anyone get these games 50% off because there is a thread on Gamefaqs that states these are on the list:

Colin McRae Rally 3
Conflict Desert Storm 2
ESPN NBA Basketball
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
Fifa 2004
Links 2004
Madden 2004
MVP Baseball 2003
NBA Inside Drive 2004
NCAA March Madness 2004
NFL Fever 2004
NHL 2004
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splashdown
SSX 3
SSX Tricky
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4

This is the thread:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15752829[/quote]

I did not have anyone price check those, but when I went for my last round at my TRU all the xbox games that were 50% off had a green label next to them (it was hard to see). Anyways several of the older sports titles had these.

I was tempted to get a bunch, but I already met my quota for the day. I have been mainly trying to stick to non sport games because they are typically a dime a dozen. But I seriously considered getting the HITZ and BLITZ series cause I have hardly any for the current generation consoles.

The lady there was even nice enough to go in the back and check for a few things. Several PS2 games at least had green dots on them. The gamecube section looked untouched.

I was really hoping to get advance wars, doom II, and Kloana for the GBA. Have not seen them yet. If I can talk my better half into it, I may take a ride to a TRU that is an hour and half away to check it out.

I'd like to get midnight club 2 and midtown racing 3 for the xbox but have not seen those either.

House of Dead 3 for xbox was half off with a total of $25.

I wouldn't say that beyond good and evil is overrated, or sucks. It is a very good game, just not AS good as people make it to be, but very good non-the-less. Good enough to keep my attention all the way thru. :)

Lucky for me I picked up a lot of the ones that were price re-adjusted early on. I was kinda suprised they were part of the sale anyway. Although I feel T-Hawk Underground still should be 50%.

I'd love to pick up some one cent strategy guides, but I do not know which ones to pick. My TRU did not seem to have them labelled. Any suggestions? It seemed like a little too much trouble to price check.

My final haul:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $7.50
Silent Hill 3 - $10
PN03 - $10
Unlimited Saga - $7.50
Resident Evil 2 N64 - $7.50
Perfect Dark - $5
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - $30 (lol expensive but this is nowhere to be found but there and I need it)
PSOne Memory card - $10 (I thought these were supposed to be $5? Oh well)

[quote name='Gosha']So, did anyone else pick up Skygunner for 5 bucks?[/quote]I saw it, picked it up, and when it rang up, it was 25 dollah. :?

I went back to my TRU today. All of the clearance games with the exception of two copies of XII disappeared. I did see a display that said to take 50% off the tag price. It only had the first Sims, Super Monkey ball, ATV something another, and sega soccer slam. There were way more games just a few days ago. And they never had a lot of games like PN03 and Mario Kart. Maybe they are going to put the games back after they advertise it? I mean come on, how could five copies of Spawn for the Gamecube sell out in just two days?!?

[quote name='cgpwns']how could five copies of Spawn for the Gamecube sell out in just two days?!?[/quote]How could one copy of Spawn for any system sell in two days?!?

My (hopefully) final haul:

King of Fighters 00/01 (PS2) - $15
Red Faction 2 (Xbox) - $10
Boktai (GBA) - $7.50 (bought 3 copies ^_^)
Butt Ugly Martians (GBA) - $5 (2 copies)
Star X - $5 (trade that in with my old GBA and the 2 copies of BUM for an SP from EB)
CIMA The Enemy (GBA) - $15
Otogi (Xbox) - $15
PoP (Xbox) - $10
Crimson Skies (Xbox) - $15
Turok Evolution (Xbox) - $10 (not 50% off)
BG&E (GCN) - $10
Super Monkey Ball (GCN) - $10
Ikaruga (GCN) - $20
Eternal Darkness (GCN) - $20 (hard to find around here :?)
Sphinx (GCN) - $7
2 PS1 memory cards - $5 each

Today was my 4th trip to TRU, this is what I scored...

Alter Echo (XB) $6.49
SSX 3 (XB) $9.97
Unreal Championship (XB) $9.99

I was worried that SSX 3 (XB) was no longer part of the 50% off Green Tag sale. So, I was thrilled to find out that the game was still $9.97!...

My TRU has no 50% off signs anywhere in the store or green tag stickers on the games. I pretty much got to cherry-pick all the Xbox games I wanted!...:D

None of the 3 cashiers, I talked to this week, knew of the 50% off sale...

[quote name='SEGA128DC']None of the 3 cashiers, I talked to this week, knew of the 50% off sale...[/quote]

2 of the cashiers I talked to had the same problem. I asked them to total it, they took out a pen and paper and added it up, saying it would come out to be 180+, so I told them ok, fine, and they were totally shocked when it was only $97 bucks. :lol:

im sorry if this has been answered or addressed already but i have a question. since the sale offically starts tomorrow(sunday) do u think they will restock their games, because if this is the case i definetly need to take a trip there.

[quote name='Dare']im sorry if this has been answered or addressed already but i have a question. since the sale offically starts tomorrow(sunday) do u think they will restock their games, because if this is the case i definetly need to take a trip there.[/quote]

No, definitely not. This is a sale of items that will no longer be sold, and thus they most likely won't be ordering more.

Holy mother, this is almost 100 pages long.

Red Faction 2 is on XBox? I didn't know that, and I didn't know it was on GC, either!!

Oh, and did anyone happen to grab an extra SSX3 (XBox)?

On the question of store restock......

What ends up going to the stores depends on a couple of things:
1) How much do they have in the warehouse?
2) What stores were out of it for the longest?
3) Did they have it up until just recently (i.e. when the sale began)?

If the warehouse doesn't have it, we won't see any more of it.

If the store hasn't had it for a while, and the warehouse does have it, they should get it back in stock.

If the store had it in stock until they dumped the price by 50%, chances are they won't see any more of them.

If I had to place my guess on what might come back in stock, the more "mainstream" titles, like PoP, Sphnix, SSX 3, etc., would be the ones more likely to come back in stock.

I'm not betting on anything else coming back in stock, so I think my trips to TRU are done with.

When I was talking to the cashier, she asked me how I knew of the 50% off Green Tag clearance sale, I told her from the internet, she wanted me to be more specific, so, I told her about CheapAssGamer. She then told me some guy came in earlier today, bought some games and also knew about the 50% off sale. She took a piece of paper from under the register and "Fat Wallet" was written on it. She told me that's how the guy knew of the 50% off sale...

Oh great, now I have someone from "Fat Wallet" raiding my local TRU...:fridge:

3330 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 525-1690

There are still two... well... three if you count one that's a 2 and a half hour drive away, TRU's that I have yet to hit... I'll likely hit up one near my house tomorrow morning... then just turn around and go down the line...

[quote name='Scorch']Red Faction 2 is on XBox? I didn't know that, and I didn't know it was on GC, either!![/quote]
Ya, I didn't know that either, then I looked in their buy one get one free bin and saw that. Got that and Mark of Kri a week or 2 ago, and then saw MoK on the 50% off list, and thought hey, maybe RF2 is on there. Went back and got 10 bucks.

I scored Panzer Orta, Fatal Frame (xb), and Amplitude all for about $54 dollars total. Not really a bad deal for a couple of games I've been trying to get a hold of...hopefully I can still manage to fit in enough time and money to pick up Fable in a couple of weeks

Sorry guys, i just got home, installed my camera software (i'm on a two-week old XP install), and i'm dead tired. i'll post pics and PM you sometime today. i'm just too tired to do it right now.

[quote name='KurtCobain']Is Panzer Dragoon Orta rare or hard to get?[/quote]
I don't see it as much as I used to, but in no way do I think it's rare. It is, however, a hell of a game.

[quote name='KurtCobain']Is Panzer Dragoon Orta rare or hard to get?[/quote]

Panzer Dragoon Orta is not rare, but can be hard to find. It really depends on your location...

is this 100 pages yet? as i last said , ia ma drun kand need to just rant. this is the best deal oh i love you all. and m ygierlfriend is great.

[quote name='Arakias']is this 100 pages yet? as i last said , ia ma drun kand need to just rant. this is the best deal oh i love you all. and m ygierlfriend is great.[/quote]

:roll:

This is my first post on here, but I always read about the good deals. Because of this site I have managed to make my video game collection GIGANTIC just by the Circuit City and Toys R Us sales. I was able to get ALMOST EVERYTHING (and more that wasn't listed) on both the CC and TRU list. I still can't believe how good the deals are that I have gotten this last month and a half on games. Thanks to everyone here who has shared this info with me. I have been gaming seriously since I got my Colecovision for Christmas in the early 80's. I was collecting Neo Geo cart games in the 90's and now onto the XBOX, PS2, Gamecube, GBA games of now. This last month and a half has been incredible for game collecting and will go down in history as one of the best discount times EVER! Thank you CAG and keep up the great work!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

hmm I'm might go to another TRU if I'm able to. If I'm unable to would anyone be willing to check and see if their store has the games I want? I would pay for the games, your trouble ,and S&H. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='KurtCobain']Is Panzer Dragoon Orta rare or hard to get?[/quote]

Panzer Dragoon Orta is not rare, but can be hard to find. It really depends on your location...[/quote]

I see it used all the time for around 15 dollars

To the dude who asked about Suikoden 3, I found it at the TRU by lakeside mall in SE MI. That was about a week and a half ago. They had three copies. It wasn't green tagged, but tried it and it came up half off. When I went yesterday, they didn't have any more. I was gonna buy another for trade. I'm tempted to try the TRU by Oakland mall for some stuff, but my wife is about to punch me in the face for buying so many games this month. :twisted:

Regarding restocks:

We just received a CDC box at my store that had several copies of Sphinx and Final Fantasy Tactics (both half off, of course). So, it's a possibility that TRU still has some games stuck in cracks at their warehouses. I wouldn't expect a large restocking by any stretch, though.

-Hoshi

The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

Well I made it to the end, but I needed like 30 pearls to go to the moon and there was no way I was going to go look for 30 pearls so I just deleted it off the hard drive and never played it again.

[quote name='Delta']The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

Well I made it to the end, but I needed like 30 pearls to go to the moon and there was no way I was going to go look for 30 pearls so I just deleted it off the hard drive and never played it again.[/quote]

Might want to mark spoilers for people who haven't played the game yet.

TERRIBLE & GOOD NEWS FLASH!!!

TERRIBLE: I was at the Toys r Us in Southcenter WA and they marked ALL of the 1cent guides up to $1.90 each.

GOOD: Some of the guides that are NOT on the official list were marked at $1.90
I remember seeing the Super Mario Bros. Adv 4 guide for $1.90

I tried to buy THUG (GC) and Manhunt (XBox) yesterday and got denied...I thought many people have already bought THUG for $10; some other people have mentioned Manhunt for $15? If so, not true down here.

I talked to the manager yesterday & this is what he said.

The initial list they got for the 50% off games included games that were NOT suppose to be apart of this sale. He said they sent them a revised list of the games that were to be discounted.

I seen a whole stack of Silent Hill 3 games that were still regular price as well as Virtua Fighter Evolution & Counterstrike. When the deal 1st broke i got those games but now they were ringing up at regular prices.

[quote name='captaincold']TERRIBLE & GOOD NEWS FLASH!!!

TERRIBLE: I was at the Toys r Us in Southcenter WA and they marked ALL of the 1cent guides up to $1.90 each.

I remember seeing the Super Mario Bros. Adv 4 guide for $1.90[/quote]

The Nintendo Super Mario Advance 4 guide is one cent, but the Prima guide is still full price.

[quote name='bugmenot.com'][quote name='captaincold']TERRIBLE & GOOD NEWS FLASH!!!

I remember seeing the Super Mario Bros. Adv 4 guide for $1.90[/quote]

The Nintendo Super Mario Advance 4 guide is one cent, but the Prima guide is still full price.[/quote]

It was the Prima Version.

[quote name='captaincold']I talked to the manager yesterday & this is what he said.

The initial list they got for the 50% off games included games that were NOT suppose to be apart of this sale. He said they sent them a revised list of the games that were to be discounted.

I seen a whole stack of Silent Hill 3 games that were still regular price as well as Virtua Fighter Evolution & Counterstrike. When the deal 1st broke i got those games but now they were ringing up at regular prices.[/quote]

That may be the case. However. I went around to my local TRUs again, and I was rather pissed off when I found that they have marked up several of the games that were comming up half off last week. One example was perfect dark for the N64. Last week it was red tagged at 9.97 or something and was ringing up for around $5. NOW it's marked with a green sticker to 19.99. Therefore becoming the 9.99 previously marked price after the sale. I wasn't going to get the game anyway, but I did notice several games, with Green stickers over red ones. Mega Man 64 was another one. It had a green tag sticker of 49.99. GIVE ME A BREAK! I just thought that was pretty cheap. One store, still had Perfect dark listed as 9.99 and had a 4.99 clearence sign under it. But that store had yet to mark any of the games with green stickers. The lady at the store showed me the list and it was hard to make out what was on sale. It was basically all by some number, not even the UPC number. It was not in order in any way either. I'm just glad I got most of my score of the red marked tags last week.

Games that were mysteriously missing stickers were Rouge Squadron 3. Pac Man Vs combo, Prince of Persia, and Dues Ex Invisible War. Who knows maybe they just hadden't been marked yet.

I did pick up True Crime Streets of LA for 10 though for the GC.

[quote name='captaincold']I talked to the manager yesterday & this is what he said.

I seen a whole stack of Silent Hill 3 games that were still regular price as well as Virtua Fighter Evolution & Counterstrike. When the deal 1st broke i got those games but now they were ringing up at regular prices.[/quote]

Hmmm, thats weird cause my local TRU had a bunch of Silent Hill 3's green tagged to $10.

Hmmm, thats weird cause my local TRU had a bunch of Silent Hill 3's green tagged to $10.
There's definitely a little YMMV component to this deal. The different TRUs seem to have some manager discretion that can be exercised because they've put the green tags up at different times and on slightly different games. I bet if the manager has a lot on inventory on a particular game that was on the first sale list but not the revised list, that manager may just keep the game on sale.

[quote name='darth007'][quote name='captaincold']I talked to the manager yesterday & this is what he said.

Hmmm, thats weird cause my local TRU had a bunch of Silent Hill 3's green tagged to $10.[/quote]

I just picked up Silent Hill 3 yesterday. It was green-tagged at $19.99, but it didn't come up on the register. They had to ring it up manually, though the manager said it was on the list.

[quote name='darth007'][quote name='captaincold']I talked to the manager yesterday & this is what he said.

Hmmm, thats weird cause my local TRU had a bunch of Silent Hill 3's green tagged to $10.[/quote]

I guarantee if you purchase one, the computer will not take the 50% off. However, since the green tag is still on the item, the cashier will manually adjust the price to give you 50% off making it $10.

Just checked one more TRU this morning. Nothing worth getting except a copy of Denki Blocks (GBA) for $5.

bread's done
Back