Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

[quote name='BREVITY']Maybe they will invite more soon, I didnt get in either.[/quote]

I hope so. Granted I haven't checked the Account Management trick yet either.

Would personally rather beta test this than Home. :p

I guess they could add people, I don't know that the extra day is related to that though. My guess is it has to do with the new update. PSN update usually comes after 12PM Pacific so we'll see what happens today too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I guess they could add people, I don't know that the extra day is related to that though. My guess is it has to do with the new update. PSN update usually comes after 12PM Pacific so we'll see what happens today too.[/quote]

Well hopefully they do. I seem to have luck with PC betas but never console. ~_~

Here's to hoping they send out more invites and the rest of us here get in. :p

ooh nice! I didn't get an email or anything but I did check the account management under services and it said service Active...and sure enough I check the store today and the beta is available for download for me!

downloading it right now...good stuff

hmm dang the game's frozen up on me twice so far...first time it was at the results screen after a match, and I guess it was about to load a new match and it froze. Second time was in the middle of shooting someone down.

Dunno if it's a heat issue or just cuz it's a beta version, but my ps3 doesn't seem any hotter than usual. Maybe slightly due to the warmer weather

[quote name='imascrub']hmm dang the game's frozen up on me twice so far...right in the middle of killin somebody!

Dunno if it's a heat issue or just cuz it's a beta version, but my ps3 doesn't seem any hotter than usual. Maybe slightly due to the warmer weather[/QUOTE]

Beta of course.

by the time I finish downloading the beta, the game will be out.. blu ray w/ head set or online purchase.. I shall ponder...

imascrub-it isn't your ps3. They seem to be having some freezing issues on the main servers.
People check and see if you are in. I didn't get an email but I am in and been playing the past 2 hours..

i'm liking it...though it's pretty much fun in the sense that it's just like any other multiplayer fps (except played in the third person), aside from the wahawk piloting...which is ridiculously hard for me.

Mine showed up in the store earlier today. I've been playing for a good 2 hours with no freezes, but I get disconnected at the end of matches sometimes. I'm not that big on online shooters, but this one is a lot of fun.

What does everyone think of the motion control? I've been playing with it on, and I think I've got it down, but hovering is hard. It's a bit tricky to move and aim at the same time.

I like the game alot. Ive hosted over 5 games so far. And I have been the top player every time. Does the host auto get it? Or am I acctually good?

Anyways, its so much fun. Although the mic support is crappy I only heard 3 people talk and it was "Hello? Hello?" I dont know if my mic works. I am using a USB computer mic. *shrug*

Anyways. I use the Sixaxis to do everything. Its much harder, but its alot more fun, and it takes more skill so I feel more accomplished. Also its awsome hovering and being able to kill everyone on the ground, you are unable to do that with Analog.

ANYWAYS, im done for today.

Good fun, great graphics, I love the 3rd person view although I wish wish you could go into like a tighter aiming mode (Gears of War for ex.) because in coridoors its kind of tough.

I also enjoy that warhawks are plentiful, and its easy not to die if you just hover and get down low. If you go up high and agressive you'll lose!

Ill make a CHEAPASSGAMER game tonight for anyone that wants to join. If I can password it the password will be: CAG.

Oh, and i'll start a CAG Clan.

I'm really enjoying this game. It's mindless fun, for the moment.

Considering that previews were really souring on this game early on, it seems to have turned up nicely.

[quote name='whoknows']What's the deal with the Warhawks? They seem really slow, is there a trick to go faster?[/QUOTE]
Triangle.

As far as the game goes, I think it has potential once you get large rooms going and once everyone figures out what they're doing. Motion control seems pretty bleh, I found myself going back to the standard controls within 10 minutes. Not a good sign since games like this and Lair are supposed to the bread and butter for the Sixaxis.

wow funny, I didn't get in nor does it show up on my thing. how annoying.......
It's pretty much convinced me not to buy this game o_O

I love it... the controls are pretty good, for driving...
on ground combat, feels a bit sluggish, but in that case I'm just being picky. So far I like the ground combat better than the air combat. And being on the ground, doesn't make you feel powerless when you're fighting against the planes. there's good balance between ground to air and air to ground combat.

[quote name='Thomas96']I love it... the controls are pretty good, for driving...
on ground combat, feels a bit sluggish, but in that case I'm just being picky. So far I like the ground combat better than the air combat. And being on the ground, doesn't make you feel powerless when you're fighting against the planes. there's good balance between ground to air and air to ground combat.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.

I played for a little over an hour tonight and loved it. I got up in a Warhawk a few times and found that I was having a good deal more fun on the ground. The weapons are nice, I dig the flame thrower.

I played very briefly and was impressed with what I saw. I actually liked the ground combat also....although, I have to play around with controls as I could not fly a plane. Can you change the Right stick to NOT invert....I hate the inverted axis.

I was pretty annoyed about the inverted controls when on the ground as well, but I got used to it after a while.

I was surprised how well I was doing. I was finishing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in all of the 8 player games that I got into.... and I'm most definitely not a great FPS player.

[quote name='psunami']I was pretty annoyed about the inverted controls when on the ground as well, but I got used to it after a while.

I was surprised how well I was doing. I was finishing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in all of the 8 player games that I got into.... and I'm most definitely not a great FPS player.[/quote]

You can change the controls.

I like the game a lot too. The weapons need some balancing but over all it feels a lot like "Twisted Metal" in the air.

And, good thing this isn't a FPS then. :)

Man I wish you could make six axis only games.

Im tired of people thinking they are so good and badass using the analog sticks. Its like Auto aim on FPS'.

Psht. I only play with six axis.

Also, I FREEEZE every game or two.

I have only hosted games I dont like joining. And once I played 4 in a row and then turned it off, but the rest I play 2 games at most and then it freezes...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']

Also, I FREEEZE every game or two.

I have only hosted games I dont like joining. And once I played 4 in a row and then turned it off, but the rest I play 2 games at most and then it freezes...[/quote] I just tried playing 3 games and every one of them froze.
I guess I'll give this another try in a few days when they work out some more kinks.

I've had one game freeze on me thus far.

I've also experienced that bluetooth syncing problem everyone is always complaining about. I've only played no more than a couple of hours and it's happened 4 times.

Gah. Got an e-mail here:

Thanks for your recent interest in the Warhawk™ beta test. Unfortunately, we have all the testers we need at the moment. But stay tuned – there will be future PLAYSTATION®3 beta test opportunities coming soon. Keep an eye on your inbox and be sure to apply for the next one!

Thanks!
The PlayStation Underground

Does that mean I'm suppose to apply AGAIN in the future? If so, that's pretty retarded. Why can't they just use signups for those of us who signed up once already plus whatever new signups they may get?

bread's done
Back