Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

oh man this game fucken owns!!! I played it at my cousin house and it was hella fun. It seems like I be getting a ps3 sooner than i thought.

http://gaminginsider.wordpress.com/2007/07/14/warhawk-rumor-explosion/

The build that the beta players played on some weeks ago was by far not even close to the final version. When Warhawk launches this fall you will notice several updates:

* A huge graphical update- Were talking about something around Gears of War
* Expanded player limit to 32 vs. 32 in team matches
* Lots of downloadable content on launch
* 6 new weapons ( 1 from Insomniac’s popular PS3 shooter Resistance)
* 4 new vehicles

This will be my first PS3 game to be purchased after getting my system 3 weeks ago. I think it's awesome that they're including the headset with the retail game but giving the option to get it off the PSN. The 28th / 29th can't come quick enough.

[quote name='rvdrock']Do we know how much the PSN price will be?[/quote]

On the E3 stage show for Gamespot, one of the directors mentioned that the price would be $40... but then went on to mention that you get a bluetooth headset with it (blu-ray only...) All the retail prices I've seen are $60, so I don't know what's going on, or if he had his info mixed up.

-Dr. Ugly

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This will be my first PS3 game to be purchased after getting my system 3 weeks ago. I think it's awesome that they're including the headset with the retail game but giving the option to get it off the PSN. The 28th / 29th can't come quick enough.[/quote]

Ditto here Crimson. I just got my PS3 3 weeks ago also. I have been renting the games. So far it has just been a very expensive PS2 emulater. Lair/Warhawk/Heavenly Sword....can't wait!:D

[quote name='DJSteel']tyvan - it doesn't include the headset I think...[/quote]
All retail versions include the headset. Also it's the same UPC as the one at GS/EB.

I am wondering how they say it's released on the 4th. I placed my order and got an email saying it's been backed up to the 6th ... I have a feeling I'll be getting these emails every other day until the 28th.

Yeh the date has been stated already, but the prices haven't until now:

the retail game is more of a premium version with some expanded video content, traditional package and manual (this seems to mean a lot with some of the gamers I have spoken to), and a Jabra Bluetooth headset bundled with the game – all for $59.99!

The PlayStation Store version will be $39.99 and I’m really glad that SCEA came through with a “good value” price for this – it’s the right thing to do.

I'm disappointed by the PSN pricing because it makes the retail pricing more of a steal for what you get (blutooth headeset + the game) for $20 more. That's the version I was planning to get all along since I don't have a blutooth headset for the PS3 yet.

There's some interesting news for the beta testers in the blog post, if you were one of the top 100 players in the beta test, you get a copy of the Warhawk boxart signed by the developers and a Warhawk pin.

I think that price is GREAT for the PSN version. They had to fight to get this to happen and well, I'm happy. Not sure which version I'm getting. I want the headset too, but I might be able to find it for cheaper.

for the retail that's a great price since headsets normally sell around the $50 range, this is a nice way to get one you know will work as well as a game to go alongside it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for the retail that's a great price since headsets normally sell around the $50 range, this is a nice way to get one you know will work as well as a game to go alongside it.[/quote]

Well this headset (Jabra BT125) runs for around $25-40 online with a quick search. So if you got the headset for $25 somehow with free shipping you'd be getting the game for $34.99 which makes it a bit cheaper then the PSN version. A nice bargin if you ask me!

I actually thought the PSN was going to be $35 but $40 isn't to bad to me still.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Warhawk Gold! Release Date August 28th, which means more along the lines of September 28th because QA will find a bug, however, Good news![/quote]
Look up what it means to go gold; once a game has gone gold the final build has been cut and they're starting to produce copies from that "gold" image. You can pretty much guarantee that it's going to be August 28.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Look up what it means to go gold; once a game has gone gold the final build has been cut and they're starting to produce copies from that "gold" image. You can pretty much guarantee that it's going to be August 28.[/quote]I agree with you.

However, see Lair.

also see that those games had unusual circumstances for being delayed.

$40...guess 1up will be deducting a point. :roll: :lol:

If this game gets solid reviews, I'll consider it...but how big would the DL be?

[quote name='Apossum']If this game gets solid reviews, I'll consider it...but how big would the DL be?[/quote]

Beta was 700MB+ so I'd be willing to guess 2GB or less.

Still on the ropes about this game, not a big fan of multiplayer only. But if it gets reviews and is as good as people say it is going to be. I will get the 60 bundle.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Look up what it means to go gold; once a game has gone gold the final build has been cut and they're starting to produce copies from that "gold" image. You can pretty much guarantee that it's going to be August 28.[/quote]

Apperently you missed the Lair debacle that just happened like a week ago, or the Calling Cars incident in March..

Yeh "Gold" doesn't mean what it used to. I think it is just a "final" build that is sent in to be accepted and for whatver reason some of them weren't given the okay.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Apperently you missed the Lair debacle that just happened like a week ago, or the Calling Cars incident in March..[/quote]
Lair's an acception to the rule and Calling All Cars is a downloadable game, so it can never go gold, it just goes through a certification process and is released whenever Sony wants to release it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Lair's an acception to the rule and Calling All Cars is a downloadable game, so it can never go gold, it just goes through a certification process and is released whenever Sony wants to release it.[/quote]

Well yes and no. David Jaffe went on his blog and said that it had gone "gold" for a downloadable game and would definetaly be coming out either the week of or a week later. 1 month later it actually came out.

Yeah, it went gold, but then some negative reviews came in and he delayed it and tweaked the gold build and made it 'platinum'.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Read it for yourself.

I read the rumors that it was going to be downloadable only for a while but I didn't expect this (multiplayer only). Crazy if this is all true, and it looks like it is.[/quote]

Another Quote from the site:
"Warhawk becoming a multiplayer-only experience...Don't know what to think of that. I was expecting a single-player driven title with limited focus on the online realm but if this is what Incognito can churn out over the course of the upcoming months, then this will be fine."

But ShadowRun for the Xbox and PC was Online only and its very enjoyable. I say its a Rental atleast :D Give it a chance.

Wow, when then I write that? Most likely before I beta tested the game. It is a "must buy" for me now. Lack of Single player is a non-factor for me a this point.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Wow, when then I write that? Most likely before I beta tested the game. It is a "must buy" for me now. Lack of Single player is a non-factor for me a this point.[/quote]

I know its an old post. 15 posts for a trhead is pretty large. I am glad you changed your mind. I can't wait to try it.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Apperently you missed the Lair debacle that just happened like a week ago, or the Calling Cars incident in March..[/quote]
Then appearently an industry term has just been redefined by consumers and not the industry itself. Going gold still means a master duplication has been made and production has started.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, it went gold, but then some negative reviews came in and he delayed it and tweaked the gold build and made it 'platinum'.[/quote]
That's because it's downloadable and doesn't need to be in production. Small stuff can be fixed quickly with little hassle.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Well yes and no. David Jaffe went on his blog and said that it had gone "gold" for a downloadable game and would definetaly be coming out either the week of or a week later. 1 month later it actually came out.[/quote]
Right, there's no "going gold" for a downloadable game, because it just goes through certification and once it's done with that, Sony puts it up for download. Same things happening to the bowling game right now. It was done just before E3 and was submitted to the certification program, so it should be coming out soon.

I'm surprised the Lair delay's causing everyone to start doubting that any game will be released on time now.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well this headset (Jabra BT125) runs for around $25-40 online with a quick search. So if you got the headset for $25 somehow with free shipping you'd be getting the game for $34.99 which makes it a bit cheaper then the PSN version. A nice bargin if you ask me!

I actually thought the PSN was going to be $35 but $40 isn't to bad to me still.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks to the info on the headset that will be sold with this game I was able to snag a Jabra BT125 V 2.0 New on Ebay with insured shipping for $14.50 so now I don't have to get Warhawk which I probably would have sold and kept the headset which means I know that I have a headset that will work with no problem.

The WarHawk headset might be a bit different as it seems you recharge it via USB and not a power supply like the ohter 125's I've seeing sold.

[quote name='NamPaehc']The WarHawk headset might be a bit different as it seems you recharge it via USB and not a power supply like the ohter 125's I've seeing sold.[/QUOTE]

That's a huge plus. I don't care too much for warhawk, but with the package it's a must for me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']That's a huge plus. I don't care too much for warhawk, but with the package it's a must for me.[/quote]

Yea im hoping its at least a decent game but I just want the headset

I'm a big fan of the Battlefield games, so for me this is a no-brainer. Granted I hope they have decent bots for off-line matches, but there's nothing better than playing a team game with a bunch of people who know how to play as a team. I'll be looking for the CAG clan once this game comes out, hopefully you'll be accepting new members.

bread's done
Back