Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

[quote name='NamPaehc']Just a few communication tips.

To know when you're mic is on while you're pressing L3, look up in the top left hand corner of the screen next to your name. There should be a icon there that will turn yellow when you're mic channel is open. Also the game makes a high pitched "tuning in" sound (not sure how to describe) when you press L3 too.

Also when someone else is talking the yellow icon will appear over their heads. Their dot on the radar/map will change yellow too, making it easier to see who is calling for help when they aren't near you.[/quote]
Thanks that's very helpful.

[quote name='Kendal']Might not work with your phone. Mine worked easy, even though it is a shitty, shitty phone. Basically what I did was set the headset in search mode, then had my phone scan. I am not trying to talk down to you, but when the headset is in search mode, the little button flashes blue. I had to have it in this mode before i started scanning with my phone. I am a newb to this BlueTooth stuff.[/quote]

Doesn't the light have to be solid blue, it took me a good ten tries or so to actually get it in discover mode.

One question I do have, 9/10 times I try to join a game, it says log on fail or log on fail, game is full when there were a few slots open, or even half the slots open still. Really annoying. Kinda wish it had a online interface like Halo 2.

Does anyone know how to get the "Warhawk Recruiting" badge? I need it to advance to the next rank. It says: 4 Minutes in Aircraft, 1 troop kill, 1 ground vehicle kill. I've done all of those things several times and it just won't give it to me.

Does troop kill mean kill a troop in a warhawk, or just kill someone as a troop? And does Ground Vehicle kill mean destroy a vehicle in a warhawk, or kill someone using another vehicle? I've seriously tried everything.

It means be in a warhawk for 4 minutes, and during that 4 minutes kill one infantry soldier on foot (harder than it sounds) and one ground vehicle, all without dying yourself.

[quote name='Thomas96']how do you dodge homing missles,[/quote]

When they get close, do aerobatics (R stick) while launching a flare (left on d-pad).

Does anybody know how stats are recorded for the game? I was playing for a few hours on Friday and got nothing but my initial crappy game. I had some games disconnect me from the server, some seemed to drop, and others went a few rounds before dropping. So unless I quit during after a round ends, I don't get stats or do I need to be in a ranked match to get them to record? How do I tell unranked games from ranked games?

If you look at the server list, the very first icon is the ranked icon. If it has a big red x on it, it is unranked.

There are some stat issues which the devs have confirmed they are looking at.

One suggestion I was is to log out of the game when you are done playing. Do that instead of hitting home/quit while still conencted. Not really sure if that helps, we'll just have to see what the devs say.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Does anybody know how stats are recorded for the game? I was playing for a few hours on Friday and got nothing but my initial crappy game. I had some games disconnect me from the server, some seemed to drop, and others went a few rounds before dropping. So unless I quit during after a round ends, I don't get stats or do I need to be in a ranked match to get them to record? How do I tell unranked games from ranked games?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming ranked matches are the blue servers listed---None of which I can ever get into as it always says they're full. The game is stupid fun, I love it-- but I really wish the set up to find a game was different--Favorite server list is clutch, but something ala Resistance for ranked matches would be nice--- by the time the list refreshes you don't have a chance in hell of getting in.

[quote name='NamPaehc']If you look at the server list, the very first icon is the ranked icon. If it has a big red x on it, it is unranked.

There are some stat issues which the devs have confirmed they are looking at.

One suggestion I was is to log out of the game when you are done playing. Do that instead of hitting home/quit while still conencted. Not really sure if that helps, we'll just have to see what the devs say.[/quote]
So that's what the icon meant. I couldn't figure that out, just the last two. Thanks for the quick answer. I hope that helps.

Getting used to the motion controls was a bit tougher than I anticipated, but it's still a helluva lotta fun to play. I'll be playing on unranked servers for awhile til' I feel comfortable enough to exact some heavy punishment :twisted:

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I'm assuming ranked matches are the blue servers listed---None of which I can ever get into as it always says they're full. The game is stupid fun, I love it-- but I really wish the set up to find a game was different--Favorite server list is clutch, but something ala Resistance for ranked matches would be nice--- by the time the list refreshes you don't have a chance in hell of getting in.[/quote]
Actually, those are Sony's servers and if Nam's right, they're not the only ranked games out there. I know I saw one game named after it being a ranked game and the first icon not having an X seemed to be the only difference between it and another unranked server. I wish there was better documentation on this stuff, but otherwise, it's not too hard to eventually figure out.

Right, the blue servers are the ones hosted by SCEA. Users can make ranked games as well. I've been playing on those a lot lately since most people seem to be fighting for slots on the SCEA servers.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Right, the blue servers are the ones hosted by SCEA. Users can make ranked games as well. I've been playing on those a lot lately since most people seem to be fighting for slots on the SCEA servers.[/quote]
I was playing in one and had fun until a "GAME OVER" message came up and I was pushed back to the menus. :whistle2:( I was just about to give a tank a good ole flamethrower washing. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was playing in one and had fun until a "GAME OVER" message came up and I was pushed back to the menus. :whistle2:( I was just about to give a tank a good ole flamethrower washing. :D[/quote]

Hmm... Yeah, I've been connecting to clan/website dedicated host servers so maybe that is why they usually leave them up.

I bought the online version as I couldn't seem to find a copy retail wise, and I wanted to play over the holiday. Can anyone recommend me a decent solution thats not too pricey for voice? Far as I can tell from the games I played not a whole lot of people are using BT-- but then again the only games I found last night were Deathmatch, so I don't really see the point.

What sensitivity is everyone playing at? I've yet to find a sweet spot between slow as hell turns and wonky lunchbox inducing pivot mode. Still, exceptionally fun game, well worth the price of admission.

Kwanzaa, cheapest solution is probably getting a usb headset. Also to find games you like, remember to set the filters.

Also what the heck, is anybody else getting "Network Error" messages?

Hey guys, do u know how to obtain '4 x 4' badge? I dont understand how to kill 4 x 4? there isnt much description on the badges list. if your kno, please answer my question. thanks!

And also, did anyone Bluetooth Headset got disconnected once awhile?

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Kwanzaa, cheapest solution is probably getting a usb headset. Also to find games you like, remember to set the filters.

Also what the heck, is anybody else getting "Network Error" messages?[/quote]
I also noticed that all of Sony's servers are down, as far as I can tell. I wonder what's up with that.

Played a bunch of dogfighting games on one of the large Sony servers. It was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm not that good, but I was good enough to get up near the top half in rankings after each round. I hate seeing my targets for lock-ons get killed just as I was about to fire. :bomb: I hope my stats were recorded from tonight. It didn't seem like it was going to be quick to update.

Anybody have a guilty pleasure way of killing soldiers or any of the vehicles? I like waltzing up to a guy in a tank who's not paying attention and blowing it up with just a flamethower.

I'm still trying to get a hang of attacking ground targets with the warhawk. The guns have no auto tracking on ground targets, and you can only see them pop up on radar when they use their weapons. Vehicles show up, but can't be locked on to with any weapons.

Cluster bombs are nice though, I just wish there was a way I could look back and see where I hit with them as I peel away.

I kinda wish the game had something like rocket pods for Warhawks, really only useable for ground targets, they're like the air to ground version of the swarm missiles. They don't lock on, but they fire a rapid burst of high explosive rockets into an area.

[quote name='Vanigan']I'm still trying to get a hang of attacking ground targets with the warhawk. The guns have no auto tracking on ground targets, and you can only see them pop up on radar when they use their weapons. Vehicles show up, but can't be locked on to with any weapons.

Cluster bombs are nice though, I just wish there was a way I could look back and see where I hit with them as I peel away.

I kinda wish the game had something like rocket pods for Warhawks, really only useable for ground targets, they're like the air to ground version of the swarm missiles. They don't lock on, but they fire a rapid burst of high explosive rockets into an area.[/quote]

-Some suggestions are to lead the grown targets (I do think it tracks them a little) with the guns.

-Remember, splash damage is your friend! Add in a couple of swarmer missles around the area they are in to knock off some hitpoints then finish up with gun.

-Take your time with the guns, use short spurts so you don't over heat them.

-Try going into hover mode and using that to aim your cluster bombs IF you have the space/time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Played a bunch of dogfighting games on one of the large Sony servers. It was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm not that good, but I was good enough to get up near the top half in rankings after each round. I hate seeing my targets for lock-ons get killed just as I was about to fire. :bomb: I hope my stats were recorded from tonight. It didn't seem like it was going to be quick to update.

Anybody have a guilty pleasure way of killing soldiers or any of the vehicles? I like waltzing up to a guy in a tank who's not paying attention and blowing it up with just a flamethower.[/QUOTE]

If there is a tank thats holding a certain area and just decimating the Warhawks coming out-- I'll jump in a Flak cannon thats nearby and rip it apart. I also like stealing zones by doing a gung ho smash into a building with a Warhawk-- catches guys off guard.

anyone have issues with the rankings? i got to airman 1st class on the 31st (i never use the warhawk so it will be a while before i move past that) but after the server crash it says that i am just an airman achieved yesterday. it still lists me achieving 1st class on the 31st though.

WTF

[quote name='Shizim']anyone have issues with the rankings? i got to airman 1st class on the 31st (i never use the warhawk so it will be a while before i move past that) but after the server crash it says that i am just an airman achieved yesterday. it still lists me achieving 1st class on the 31st though.

WTF[/quote]

My ranking and stats were reset this morning, it said I was only a recruit. Played later this afternoon and I was a Sergeant again with all my previous stats. I wouldn't panic yet, it may come back.

I'm trying to fly with the motion controls, but having a hell of a time doing it. My mind is struggling with moving the cursor and the controller at the same time.

Do any of the more experienced pilots out there recommend keeping at it with the motion controls or should I switch on over to good ol' sticks?

Im having problems getting the headset that came with the retail version to work its synced with the ps3 but isnt doing anything in game.

Any ideas?

Once you get the PS3 and headset connected to each other, when you get into a game (I usually wait until I spawn for the 1st time), press the button on the headset once and it should turn it on.

It should make a beeping sound once when it is activating in your ear via the headset.

Wait a few seconds then hit L3 and see if it worked, if not, try repeating process until it works.

hey guys, just curious, when was the last time your stats been updated? i been played last 3 days and my stats hasnt been updated yet... just weird...

Mine last updated the 1st, but I've been pretty much playing everyday. I'll be pissed if they don't register (not really) because I've had some pretty good games and hopefully I did good enough to rank up some more.

[quote name='foo33333']hey guys, just curious, when was the last time your stats been updated? i been played last 3 days and my stats hasnt been updated yet... just weird...[/quote]
The stats were wiped clean earlier today.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The stats were wiped clean earlier today.[/quote]

Is this a restart or just another issue that will see all my stats return tomrrow morning? Its not losing the kills that hurts, its the badges and medals!
Oh well, looks like I'll have to play double to get all the customizations back! :bouncy:

[quote name='h3ro']Is this a restart or just another issue that will see all my stats return tomrrow morning? Its not losing the kills that hurts, its the badges and medals!
Oh well, looks like I'll have to play double to get all the customizations back! :bouncy:[/quote]
Not sure. I logged in this morning to find my stats wiped with a suggestion to play some ranked matches.

Anyone having an issue logging on right now? My Ps3 can connect to PSN and all, but when I try and connect to Warhawk I get a network error.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Anyone having an issue logging on right now? My Ps3 can connect to PSN and all, but when I try and connect to Warhawk I get a network error.[/quote]

thats been happening to me all day. i haven't been able to play.

Any one getting their ranks yet I havent seen anything on my profile it always says no ranked games played. Which I have played.

[quote name='amicus']thats been happening to me all day. i haven't been able to play.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone posted the fix for that... do Network settings, and then Test Connection; after the test of successfully completed, you'll be able to log into Warhawk w/o any problems. Rumored that the error may have been caused by the update... I don't know.

this the fix for the network errors received after todays update.

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't know if anyone posted the fix for that... do Network settings, and then Test Connection; after the test of successfully completed, you'll be able to log into Warhawk w/o any problems. Rumored that the error may have been caused by the update... I don't know.

this the fix for the network errors received after todays update.[/quote]

i've tried that multiple times with no effect.

bread's done
Back