OH SNAP! CAGFC IS BACK! EA UFC Xbox One League! Sign Up Now! Heavyweights! See OP For CAF Limits!

Ooooo . . . those changes make me much more avid about playing this again!  Happy am I!

. . . now to get the energy to play ;)

I'm not sure about the whole able to keep punching. Touching gloves is nice and the computer came out doing it, but I didn't know the button for it. Also, three new fighters without paying? I'm surprised by EA but Touché to them. I wish they added the ref breaking up the fight or submission how ever. It's an improvement however.

I'm on vacation till August 8th. After that I'll be back into normal schedule.

Agreed. That was the one thing that concerned me. "Oh, it happens every once in a while in real life (usually with Steve Mazagatti or Yves Levigne reffing). Let's make it possible in every fight that ends in a KO!" If they let you do thay until the ref pulled you off, that'd be one thing. But I have no idea if it's even feasible to update the game to have the refs do that.

But overall, it sounds like a surprisingly effective patch if implemented as advertised, and giving us the 3 fighters free is something I greatly appreciate.

Yeah, the "finish the fight" thing seems very unnecessary. My first thought when I read it was "You mean like a Fatality?" (is a "Finish The Fight" graphic going to pop up on screen? lol). You could already do this if you got a KO from a ground position. If it means that you can now jump on top of your opponent and wail on them after a stand up KO, then that's going to look really awkward without the referee coming in to break it up.

As for the free fighters, one of them is the Bantamweight champion (Dillashaw)...so they kind of had to do that one. Not making the other two DLC is surprising though. I guess it depends if EA views it as a roster update (which they don't charge for in other games) or "bonus content". I don't think this game did great in sales (or reviews) though. So, they probably needed to do some things to try to get more people interested.

I don't see why they can't add refs breaking it up. The refs break up a ground hold if nobody does anything so just implement that to a ground and Pound or submission or whatever. Still, you'd think EA would milk the fighters as dlc because that's usually EA's business model.

Just took a body punch spammer down, mounted him, and was beating on him. He tried to push me off, but I kept blocking him. Then, he decides to just lay there and cover up. I'm punching away...trying to posture up (sometimes it just seems like you can't for whatever reason)...annnnnd the fucking ref stands it up. He goes back to spamming punches, gets a stand up KO, then mounts me for the "finish the fight".

Seriously, it's crazy how a game can just have that "EA stench", but this one does. For all the things it does right...there are just those things that they obviously don't understand, which lead to broken mechanics. Per usual for EA, rather than making this dickbag learn how to do major transitions and to vary his timing with his major transitions, they let him play like an asshat, and the game bends to him. It's like that's all EA fucking knows how to do.

Also, looking at the EA forums, people are going wild about weak block draining your stamina. Another demonstration of EA knowing nothing about MMA (or really, fighting in general). Fighters who drop their hands are shitty fighters. It goes against everything you're ever taught. So, if you're "tired" from just holding your hands up and defending, then you're out of shape and shouldn't be fighting.

If somebody wants to unload on you and gas themselves out, you SHOULD be able to just cover up and weather the storm. Then, when they slow down, you pick them apart. Not in EA's universe. In EA's universe, you're dumb and out of shape, and you just stop defending. Somebody over there brought up a good point. Why in the hell can you throw a punch with zero stamina, but you can't block with zero stamina? Makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
After spending a little more time with the patch, there are certain things about it that are really good. A legitimate sprawl on takedowns is excellent. It gives you a very nice benefit if you're good at stuffing them.

The pacing of the game has definitely changed, and that probably took the most getting used to. I still think it's dumb that you just get tired from keeping your hands up. But the game is much more focused on movement now. And if you're playing somebody who plays the game right, it does make for a much more realistic fight. There's a lot of in and out since you can't rely on holding RT.

I had a nice Cain vs Cain fight with a guy where neither of us went for takedowns and we were just trying to catch each other's timing in the stand up. I ended up winning by decision, but in the 3rd round, both of our stamina was about 50% full, and we were noticably slower. It felt very authentic of a 3 round heavyweight fight.

Of course, then in the next fight, I fought a guy using TJ Dillashaw who just spammed short leg kicks over and over. I tried getting away, but couldn't move quick enough since he was moving forward and kept hitting me. I'd try to parry them, but then he'd throw a few punches to the head, and then go back to spamming kicks. He threw 100 strikes in less than 4 minutes, lol. So, yeah...the game is probably better...when you're not playing fucktards. So YMMV, haha.

After spending a little more time with the patch, there are certain things about it that are really good. A legitimate sprawl on takedowns is excellent. It gives you a very nice benefit if you're good at stuffing them.

The pacing of the game has definitely changed, and that probably took the most getting used to. I still think it's dumb that you just get tired from keeping your hands up. But the game is much more focused on movement now. And if you're playing somebody who plays the game right, it does make for a much more realistic fight. There's a lot of in and out since you can't rely on holding RT.

I had a nice Cain vs Cain fight with a guy where neither of us went for takedowns and we were just trying to catch each other's timing in the stand up. I ended up winning by decision, but in the 3rd round, both of our stamina was about 50% full, and we were noticably slower. It felt very authentic of a 3 round heavyweight fight.

Of course, then in the next fight, I fought a guy using TJ Dillashaw who just spammed short leg kicks over and over. I tried getting away, but couldn't move quick enough since he was moving forward and kept hitting me. I'd try to parry them, but then he'd throw a few punches to the head, and then go back to spamming kicks. He threw 100 strikes in less than 4 minutes, lol. So, yeah...the game is probably better...when you're not playing fucktards. So YMMV, haha.
Check the kicks and see if he goes all wobbly leg? ;)

K...so either Wednesday night, all the shitty people are on...or the patch seems to like me. I just went 8-1 and ran through the brown belt division winning the championship. I've never even been promoted to black belt before, haha. I'm going to just chalk this up to freak occurrence. I'm sure I'll be back down to blue belt in no time :)

Haha, I was wondering why this thread got bumped. Honestly, all they have to do to sell UFC 2 is do "create a fighter" and career mode with female fighters (which will be even more of a selling point now with strawweight).

I hate to say that because it's very similar to the NHL series only needing to add EASHL back in NHL 16 to guarantee sales, but I really feel like they could leave the rest of the gameplay literally unchanged, update the roster (and the new Reebok kits), and just add the female options and this would sell like crazy.

Hopefully they do more than that and make a really awesome game. But I'll buy it regardless. MMA is still the truest combat sport around.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJgUsTMZ8mw[/youtube]

"We're also bringing you our deepest and most powerful fighter creation tools yet..." while showing PVZ and Joanna. Mmmhmm...I hear you, EA.

Slider for boobies confirmed.

lol, j/k...maybe ;)

March 15 release date. There's a trailer that I don't know how to embed using the mobile link, but I tagged you guys in a reply to the Facebook post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITteOdFBu5I

This trailer and explanation actually look pretty solid.

We'll see just how "organic" the ground game is though. They're claiming it's not turn based or animation heavy, but I'll believe it when I see it. Actually being able to push off, or wall walk, or sweep naturally would be a huge boost to the ground game. And there's always the question of how submissions are going to work. They've gotta figure out something where you don't have to look at a mini game instead of actually watching the fight.

I know everybody hated button mashing and stick twirling...but the "chase the blue zone with the red zone" thing was kind of tedious. They've gotta figure out a way to base it on endurance and leverage. Honestly, with realistic 5 minute rounds, submissions should be about slowing things down...not about speeding them up. I'd say they should reward the person who doesn't panic...but who am I kidding? This is EA. Being the biggest spaz is always the key to victory.

Gotta say, the fighters models look damn good though.

Just got an email from EA inviting me to register for the closed beta for UFC 2.

As an EA SPORTS UFC owner, you’re invited to register for the EA SPORTS UFC 2 Closed Beta. This is your chance to experience online FIGHT NOW and UFC ULTIMATE TEAM before the full game hits stores on March 15, 2016.

Once you register, you will receive full instructions on how to participate in the Closed Beta. We will email your exclusive Closed Beta access code around January 28, 2016. The Closed Beta runs until February 4, 2016.

Please note that this invitation is exclusive. It is associated with your EA Account and you cannot share it. Codes are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. For more details, click here.
Between NHL and this, hopefully this means that betas for online sports games are finally becoming a thing...not that it helped NHL tremendously though, haha.

Also of note, UFC Ultimate Team... Not that it's really at all surprising, but I guess we officially have an UUT now. No idea how that's going to work. Maybe you have a "lineup" of 5-10 fighters and they compete against others on PPVs. I'm sure it will be weird and won't make much sense...but hey, now they can sell packs for it! :)

Yep, I just came here to post that. The notification came through on my phone a minute ago.

I wonder if I can play it since my gamertag contains spaces.

Mike Tyson confirmed as playable character. I'm actually really happy about that considering he's gone on record numerous times stating that if MMA had been around when he was growing up, he would have done that instead of boxing.

I actually made Mike Tyson and used him in the career mode of the first EA UFC game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609464-ea-sports-makes-mike-tyson-playable-character-in-ufc-2-game

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGG2pVU0znI[/youtube]

Just saw the end of the video confirms Kazushi Sakuraba and Bas Rutten as pre-order bonuses as well. Hope that's for all retailers. I've got mine pre-ordered from Best Buy.

I've only had a little time to mess around with the beta, but so far, I can confirm that there is no "titty slider" (boo)...but you can 100% make some amazing tramp stamps (so happy). And unless they're holding it back, it appears you can only create female bantamweight fighters....but you can make their weight as low as 101lbs (WTF, EA?)

And, yes...I have embraced my inner Conor McGregor and reinvented myself like Madonna when she was a whore. :lol:

EDIT - I can also confirm that "Wang" is an announced last name...and there are many amusing nicknames to pair it with.

Quoting and editing for the new page to add some more specifics

* 2 versions of Mike Tyson...which appear to be a young version and an older version. But they both show an age of 49, so I'm not sure if that's wrong or what the differences between the 2 are. Tyson can fight at both HW and LHW

* Jon Jones and Cormier can fight both HW and LHW,

* Lots of legends: Bas Rutten (HW/LHW), Mark Coleman, Sakuraba (HW/LHW/MW), Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin (feel weird saying that, but I guess he is now), Georges St. Pierre (MW/WW), Royce Gracie (MW/WW), Matt Hughes, Bruce Lee (WW/LW/FW/BW)

* Chris Weidman can fight both LHW and MW (making that Jon Jones dream fight possible)

And let me just say, holy friggin crap is the lightweight roster stacked as hell! There are 7 former or current UFC champions in it alone. And that doesn't even include Bruce Lee, Melendez, Alvarez, Cerrone, Nurmagomedov, Ferguson, Barboza, etc. Honestly, I think this division would be enough to make you happy with the game, haha.

And here's Bas himself talking about Tyson being in the game and how he'd do in MMA.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sQK0t6k8g[/youtube]

I would guess CAG traffic is just too low to support anything like this again...but out of curiosity, how many people are getting this game?

The full game (preview) is now downloadable for those who have EA Access.

Now that I finally have my unlimited bandwidth, I decided to "splurge" and grabbed a 1 month code for $2. Downloading the game now.

A few first impressions (though some of this I could have noticed during the Beta had I not just been trying to bounce people's heads off the canvas :))

So far, I think I might like the grappling system. Gone are the Street Figher hadoukens and in it's place is a much more organic feeling "lean and struggle" in the direction you want to move. What this means is you hold the right stick. If you're on top in half guard and your opponent has your right leg trapped, you hold the right stick toward that leg to move to full mount. If you want to move to side control instead, you hold the right stick toward your free leg. To posture up, you hold the right stick up. It just makes sense.

Your opponent can also block those transitions by holding the stick the same direction. He can't just continuously hold the stick to avoid it though. The game specifically tells you you can't preload transition blocks. So, you do have to wait for your opponent to attempt it and be ready. Not sure if any of this will be OP, but in my efforts to maul Holly Holm with Miesha Tate, it felt very natural. The grind was there. The struggle was there. And it was a battle.

Next, I wanted to see whose actual walkout music made it into the game and how many are different from the first EA UFC. Anderson Silva's is there. BJ Penn's is there. Additionally, I saw Ronda's (Joan Jett "Bad Reputation") TJ Dillashaw's (RHCP "Can't Stop"), Robbie Lawler's (Sam and Dave "Hold On, I'm Coming"), and sort of Jon Jones (Jadakiss "The Champ is Here"). It's very possible I missed a couple. But those are the ones I knew right away.

Still waiting on UPS to bring me my release day copy. Gettin a little late... Get your shit together, UPS!

EDIT - Finally here. They missed their 4 hour delivery window by about 10 minutes.

238231183-1420462911_l.jpg

I really like the Live Events mode. They finally have the first one up (which is the Mir-Hunt Fight Night this Saturday). Basically, you get to pick the outcome of the fights (winner/how/when) and then you can also play the fight and try to get the finish you think will happen.

Then, when the event takes place, you get to see how well you did...and you earn points/coins for Ultimate Team mode (of course, right? lol). And even if your fight pick is wrong, if you played the fight and created your guessed outcome, you get bonus points.

The events are only open until the day of the fight (duh). So, it almost creates like a "living season" type of thing that other sports games do. Naturally, it's an attempt to suck you into Ultimate Team and get all your monies, but it seems like a fun little mode. I could almost see myself actually enjoying this more than Ultimate Team itself, haha.

I still very much miss PRIDE mode and the classic fight challenges that Undisputed had though. It was really awesome trying to recreate classic fights.

My copy is supposed to arrive today. So much for guaranteed release day delivery. But I still have 5 hours left in my Access trial anyway. I've been spending more time with the first game since I had barely played it even after getting it at release. I put twice as much time into the first game in a few days aa I had in 2 years prior.

Just encountered my first "douchebag glitch" online. The guy got me in a plum tie clinch and just started spamming the shit out of elbows. All transitions stayed grayed out and I couldn't block or shake him off. Drained my entire health bar with these little bitch rabbit elbows. WTF EA?

I haven't seen anything about a price drop elsewhere, so it seems to me like it's just a Best Buy sale. A few other games are similarly discounted.

And so it begins...

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/710526160338362369

Also, a new patch went up today. I saw an article saying it added Sage Northcutt, Jessica Aguilar, and a third "mystery fighter" who needs to be unlocked (please be Randy Couture). But I could have sworn Sage was in the game already. I saw him when I was doing online fights last night.

EDIT - Nevermind, the article I read was written by a moron. It said "Lightweight Sage Northcutt and Flyweight Jessica Aguilar" have been added. In actuality, EA just added Norhcutt as a Welterweight option (he was already in as a lightweight) and Aguilar has been added as a Strawweight (because there is no women's Flyweight, dummy, lol). Still don't know who the secret fighter is though.

That St. Patrick's Day pack was up on Wednesday, too. I bought one for 7,777 coins. I mean, why not? Not using real money for the shit, though.

I have assembled my Ultimate Team fighter roster (all using EA Game Face)

[attachment=21248:Tue_Mar_29_21-58-32_CDT_2016.png]

1. Donald Trump - Heavyweight - Boxer

2. Bernie Sanders - Lightweight - Jiu Jitsu

3. Katniss Everdeen - W. Bantamweight - Tae Kwon Do

4. Christy Mack - W. Bantamweight (I have her at her real size though...5'3", 105lbs) - Tae Kwon Do

5. Myself - Lightweight - Tae Kwon Do

A few thoughts...I really wanted to do Jennifer Lawrence (HA...yeah, I did :bouncy:)...but the custom hair options in this game are terrible. They don't even give you a fucking legitmate blonde. By that same token, my Bernie Sanders isn't really memorable: hair is crap, doesn't have his glasses, etc. I could see myself replacing him when a better idea comes along.

As for Christy Mack, she just needed to be created. The hair and tattoo options are perfect for her. Obviously, the tats aren't exactly right...but the placement is correct and they generally look ok. Unfortunately, the game wouldn't let me put letters on her fingers though.

One last thing, I love Tae Kwon Do as a starting base. You get great kicks and good submission skills right off the bat. Punching and clinch work is a bit weak, but you can at least hold your own no matter where the fight goes. The generic MMA discipline is better rounded...but it's also kind of just shitty at everything with no standout skills. And almost everything else is either stand up oriented or ground oriented. But for me, Tae Kwon Do is where it's at.

bread's done
Back