Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='schnuth']Another Toledo CAG here. So who all frequents Allied Records? They overprice the RPGs these days, but I've gotten some killer deals there over the years. A few months back I found a complete Raiden Project for $2.50.[/QUOTE]

Blah. I can't stand looking through the glass cases to see what they have. It isn't that bad for games but browsing for used CDs is horrible. It makes me wish Boogie Records was still around.

I still go to allied all the time,(been going since they 1st opened the 1st store on secor) I still get decent deals there.

I got starfox assult complete for 14.00 like a couple of months ago.

I also agree about wishing boogie records was still around.

Looks like we got a decent amount of toledo CAG'ers!

[quote name='js1']I still go to allied all the time, I still get decent deals there, I got starfox assult complete for 14.00 like a couple of months ago. I agree about wishing boogie records was still around.[/QUOTE]

I should stop there again some time. The Allied comments here have brought back some memories of good deals... like Puzzle Fighter for Playstation for something like $15. Parappa for $5. I just don't like the atmosphere, but I suppose it's no worse than an EB or Gamestop.

[quote name='botticus']Looks like I got the east side of Cleveland all to myself here in Mayfield.[/QUOTE]

I'm rocking the east side right now on campus at Case. In the off-season though, I'm in Cuyahoga Falls, just north of Akron.

[quote name='siamesellama']I should stop there again some time. The Allied comments here have brought back some memories of good deals... like Puzzle Fighter for Playstation for something like $15. Parappa for $5. I just don't like the atmosphere, but I suppose it's no worse than an EB or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I got suikoden I, star ocean(ps1) both complete for like $10 each. I remember when some guy told me he got snatcher(complete) + the justifier light gun for under $5! :drool: that's the type of deal that I need to find!

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm rocking the east side right now on campus at Case. In the off-season though, I'm in Cuyahoga Falls, just north of Akron.[/QUOTE]
Haha, no shit? Here I thought that improbably there were no other Case CAGs. Luckily I only pretend to work on my thesis so I don't have to go on campus anymore.

Akron here

anyone know any good places to shop in the area? Only places I know are the record exchanges in montrose and canton.

Medina here (inbetween Akron & Cleveland), though I'm in Wisconsin for school right now. One of my favorite places to go in the area is The Exchange (they have them all over the greater Cleveland area). There's also a quirky little shop in Parma, near Parmatown mall (by an old theater maybe?). A BUNCH of classic stuff. Nothing real cheap, but it's fun to browse. :)

daroga

[quote name='botticus']Haha... I've only been in Cleveland for 6 years, so I don't even like the Browns (go Lions!), but I'll still say that Roethlisberger sucks. One of my roommates was from Erie, so I generated plenty of hate for Pittsburgh as a result.[/QUOTE]

Cleveland used to be a pretty fun town, but these days I've gotta say Pittsburgh is cooler... The Warhol museum and the fact that George Romero still haunts Pittsburgh and sets all his zombie movies there pushes it over the top. Plus you don't always feel like you're about to get ganked when you're walking in Pittsburgh.

Anyway, I grew up in Youngstown but left years ago... that place is a pit.

It's been fun to read this thread and hear all the town names I remember from growing up, though! :)

[quote name='takingchase']Akron here

anyone know any good places to shop in the area? Only places I know are the record exchanges in montrose and canton.[/QUOTE]

At the Chapel Hill area, in the plaza next to Best Buy/Target (The one with Staples in it) there's an Exchange. That's the only non chain store I can recall off the top of my head that I've frequented that still sells video games. Unfortunately, Game Trader in Cuyahoga Falls was bought by a new owner again, and the first thing he did was sold off all the video game stuff, making the store focused on card games and D&D. some of the collection still may be at The Exchange, but I doubt there's anything good left.

[quote name='botticus']Haha, no shit? Here I thought that improbably there were no other Case CAGs. Luckily I only pretend to work on my thesis so I don't have to go on campus anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yep, first year here for me, so I'm forced to stay on campus. thankfully classes aren't bad yet, so I've been avoiding the main quad for most of the day and just hanging out in my room :D

[quote name='Ronin4223']Newport, Ky here. My house is literally blocks from the ohio river and Cincinnati.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Mansion Hill. Yourself?

Sweet so many people here are from OHIO. Yeah I live in dublin (suburb off of OHIO) and go to VGMX in powell frequently. I have been to a trading zone (in a carriage place shopping thing?) but they normally don't have much stuff I like...

Seems like everyone lives around cleveland, columbus, or cincinnati.

[quote name='botticus']Looks like I got the east side of Cleveland all to myself here in Mayfield.[/QUOTE]

I live in Mayfield too. Looks like you're sharing. :)

[quote name='RandomNPC']I live in Mayfield too. Looks like you're sharing. :)[/QUOTE]
Ah well... at least someone else to bitch about how worthless BB and CC are!

[quote name='Genocidal']Yep, first year here for me, so I'm forced to stay on campus. thankfully classes aren't bad yet, so I've been avoiding the main quad for most of the day and just hanging out in my room :D[/QUOTE]
If you only knew... good luck! Started there in good ol' 99, probably never actually gonna leave. But at least I got one degree. You in CS or somethin else?

Amherst Comet here which is on the west side of cleveland but not a suburb. Actually i live near lorain but go comet basketball cause our football team is problaby out of the playoffs and i play bball for us.

[quote name='botticus']If you only knew... good luck! Started there in good ol' 99, probably never actually gonna leave. But at least I got one degree. You in CS or somethin else?[/QUOTE]

Close enough, I'm a CE. This SAGES bullshit they pushed on all of us freshman sucks ass.

[quote name='schnuth']Another Toledo CAG here. So who all frequents Allied Records? They overprice the RPGs these days, but I've gotten some killer deals there over the years. A few months back I found a complete Raiden Project for $2.50.

schnuth[/QUOTE]

I usually check out the Allied in Miracle Mile, but noticed they've been very lacking so I haven't really checked in a while.

[quote name='nnthomas']How about them Nazis, Toledoans?[/QUOTE]

That was sad, and crazy. Makes living on the east side look a whole lot better... :lol:

[quote name='nnthomas']I usually check out the Allied in Miracle Mile, but noticed they've been very lacking so I haven't really checked in a while.[/QUOTE]

I've been there only one time and it sucked..

It's not as big as the other Allied I was at (near the DMV), but I found some nice things there (Xenogears $10, FFT $10, DW7 $8, etc), so it's worth the usual glance to see what they have.

[quote name='siamesellama']I should stop there again some time. The Allied comments here have brought back some memories of good deals... like Puzzle Fighter for Playstation for something like $15. Parappa for $5. I just don't like the atmosphere, but I suppose it's no worse than an EB or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Except Gamestop or EB dosen't play god awful music that makes you want to stab out your eyeballs with an icepick. ;) I also agree Boogie Records is missed. It used to be the best record store in Toledo. Now you have to deal with the huge corporate stores, and the numbskulls at Allied.

schnuth

[quote name='js1']I got suikoden I, star ocean(ps1) both complete for like $10 each. I remember when some guy told me he got snatcher(complete) + the justifier light gun for under $5! :drool: that's the type of deal that I need to find![/QUOTE]

I've gotten so many nice deals there over the years. Especially back when they had no idea what stuff was worth. I remember one trip walking out of there with a top-load NES, and a bunch of Sega CD RPGs (Lunar, Vay, Popful Mail) for a song. Unfortunately they are better informed these days, but you can still find the occasional deal that slips through. This was especially cool when they had all their LPs for $1 each a few years ago. I sure miss those days.

schnuth

[quote name='schnuth']Except Gamestop or EB dosen't play god awful music that makes you want to stab out your eyeballs with an icepick. ;) I also agree Boogie Records is missed. It used to be the best record store in Toledo. Now you have to deal with the huge corporate stores, and the numbskulls at Allied.

schnuth[/QUOTE]

It's not all bad, they throw on some good tracks now and then.

Yeah, some the music is crazy. I wish that they didn't have to play it so freakin loud. And the deal are getting way hard to find also, but I still go in hopes of finding something...

[quote name='Staind204']I'm right inbetween Dayton and Cincy. Anyone hear of Franklin?[/QUOTE]Yeah, right where the Dayton Daily News presses are.

[quote name='Staind204']I'm right inbetween Dayton and Cincy. Anyone hear of Franklin?[/QUOTE]

Nice that is where I live as well. Another Franklin CAG nice!

[quote name='Venome227']Here in Solon, south of Cleveland but still considered the east side. Oficially the lamest suburb of Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

So that's where Solon is. I am the new coach of our Science Olympiad team and have an invitational there like in 6 months. I had no idea how far that was since I am coming from the Dayton/Tipp City area.

What is that like 4 hours?

[quote name='KrazyKefka']I live in Ohio, in Marietta. Not that I expect anyone to know where that is though.[/QUOTE]

Isnt it by the Ohio River?

I am in Cloumbus

bread's done
Back