Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Here's a question: Other than the very few (countable on one hand) EBs that still carry classic games, are there any other stores in the Cleveland area that you can get NES or SNES games at? Not sure if the CD/Game Exchange places sell those or not.

I know The Exchange down here in Akron does, and I know there was one that recently closed/moved on Cedar... haven't checked out the CD/Game Exchange on Coventry yet. If I get time after classes one day I'll go check it out and let you know.

Windham OH. Nothing here, but about 20 miles from everywhere. I seem to have most of NE Ohio to myself, especially the Kent/Stow area.

And you Niles guys need to pick it up - I just found a mint Arc Collection at EB that was apparently there for quite some time

Dave

[quote name='Genocidal']I know The Exchange down here in Akron does, and I know there was one that recently closed/moved on Cedar... haven't checked out the CD/Game Exchange on Coventry yet. If I get time after classes one day I'll go check it out and let you know.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Wandered around Coventry for 5 years, and never went in that store, for whatever reason. Thanks for checking.

Near Columbus myself, got introduced to the site during the start of the Circuit City $5 sale. I didn't realize it was going to be as active as it was (I thought I'd look like an idiot there with my list, but I was quite wrong). As it was, though, had the ByteSizeDeals list, which was quite different and lacked some of the cooler games, so a CAG lent me his list and helped me look for a few, to be nice. (But not before he grabbed the only copy of ZoE2 they had, which I picked up but set back down because it wasn't on my BSD list. Haven't seen it that cheap since, man did that hurt. ;D)

This site's great, but it's also conditioned me to avoid picking up hardly ANY games at their regular asking prices. Heck, I was cringing on buying We Love Katamari for the full $29.99 once it came out.

About to head out to the Toys R Us on West Broad St. in Columbus, I'll scope out what they have for the B2G1 Free Sale.

[quote name='nnthomas']I'M GOING TO KILL ANY TOLEDO PEOPLE WHO TAKE MY TRU GAMES!

The one on Alexis is MINE!

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Go for it. I just wait until those $50 games are cheaper than the B2G1 price.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks. Wandered around Coventry for 5 years, and never went in that store, for whatever reason. Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of decent deals on games at the local Exchanges. The one in North Olmsted and Parma Heights are not bad at all and sometimes even better than EB.

[quote name='siamesellama']Go for it. I just wait until those $50 games are cheaper than the B2G1 price.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I will wait for most of these games to come down.(have too many as is to play/finish) Now most of you guys know that you won't even finish those games(maybe not even open them) and by time you do they will be $20 or less, and you will have cag remorse. Because you know you could have waited and got it way cheaper!

Lot of us cheapskates living on the West SW (Galloway) side of Columbus....

Should we make a list of gaming stores in the area; those Clevlanders, Daytonans, and Cincinnatians might wanna' make a road trip?

P.S. - How many of you are retrogamers?

[quote name='Trebuken']Lot of us cheapskates living on the West SW (Galloway) side of Columbus....

Should we make a list of gaming stores in the area; those Clevlanders, Daytonans, and Cincinnatians might wanna' make a road trip?

P.S. - How many of you are retrogamers?[/QUOTE]
I'll be down there eventually... fiancee has a friend working at the children's hospital in Cincy, and I've got a few friends in med school at OSU. And some family down in German Village. Nice place there.

Heh, that depends on what you consider retro.

Of course I don't have a car cause I'm a freshman on the OSU campus, so the only real CAG B&M deals I can get are Target and EB, since they're right on the border of the campus.

[quote name='botticus']Heh, that depends on what you consider retro.[/QUOTE]

I think a good definition of retro would be : anything EB/Gamestop does not sell...

This effectively includes anything older than the PS1/N64 generation. They have discontinued the 16 bit stuff, will soon be sold out of it. I suppose used PC games would have to include anything not Windows XP ready.

Trebuken...

[quote name='Trebuken']I think a good definition of retro would be : anything EB/Gamestop does not sell...

This effectively includes anything older than the PS1/N64 generation. They have discontinued the 16 bit stuff, will soon be sold out of it. I suppose used PC games would have to include anything not Windows XP ready.

Trebuken...[/QUOTE]
Well, if NES and SNES is retro, count me in.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Englewood, Ohio here. Which is just to the NW of Dayton.[/QUOTE]
My girlfriend lives in Union. We

I guess I'll post here. I make my home about 1 month or so out of the year around holidays and during semester breaks in the Canton/Massillon area. I'll be in for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.

Originally from New Bremen Ohio (me and jeff are likely the only ones you'll ever hear of from New Bremen). Now residing in Bowling Green (but hitting up the Toledo deals, nothing here in BG).

So count me in the Toledo bunch I guess =).

Do you think Allied Records will take anything I throw their way? I have a crapload of stuff I want to get rid of, and need to know what they won't take.

Finally went and checked out Cd/Game Exchange in Coventry... don't waste your time botticus. They had no selection and everything was way overpriced.

[quote name='nnthomas']Do you think Allied Records will take anything I throw their way? I have a crapload of stuff I want to get rid of, and need to know what they won't take.[/QUOTE]

As long as it looks decent with no scratches etc.. I saw someone trade in a crap load of sega cd and genesis stuff, and get like forty something... I was tempted to cut in and buy the stuff myself!

Yeah, I want to get rid of these N64, SNES, NES, Genny games along with a bunch of other crap. I bought too many games and just want to get rid of it period. I could post what I have if anyone is interested, but I'm not really in the mood to make deals, just want to get it out of my house.

[quote name='nnthomas']Yeah, I want to get rid of these N64, SNES, NES, Genny games along with a bunch of other crap. I bought too many games and just want to get rid of it period. I could post what I have if anyone is interested, but I'm not really in the mood to make deals, just want to get it out of my house.[/QUOTE]

let me know what you have..

[quote name='Genocidal']Finally went and checked out Cd/Game Exchange in Coventry... don't waste your time botticus. They had no selection and everything was way overpriced.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='nnthomas']Yeah, I want to get rid of these N64, SNES, NES, Genny games along with a bunch of other crap. I bought too many games and just want to get rid of it period. I could post what I have if anyone is interested, but I'm not really in the mood to make deals, just want to get it out of my house.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd be interested if you have anything good.

Alright, I'll make a list of everything I plan on getting rid of

Forewarning: It's garbage. I kept most of the good stuff ;d

bread's done
Back