Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

I go to the Kent CD/game exchange every so often, but they have raised the prices a while back, and I can get much better quality stuff at Gamestop or EB Games.
They also don't have as high of a tradein value as EB Games or Gamestop.(I tried to trade in my XBOX a while back, and I could get $64 at EB/GS or $47 at the CD/Game exchange)

True - they don't seem to have a lot of stuff. The one in Akron is a little better. The Exchange stores are much better - the one in Kent by Starbucks is loaded, so is the Falls store. They are also getting a bit pricier

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']True - they don't seem to have a lot of stuff. The one in Akron is a little better. The Exchange stores are much better - the one in Kent by Starbucks is loaded, so is the Falls store. They are also getting a bit pricier

Dave[/QUOTE]
I had Genocidal check out the CD/Game Exchange in Cleveland Heights since I had somehow never stopped in it during the 5 years I was on campus there, but he said it wasn't worth a trip for classic stuff. Suppose I could always see what it looks like for current gen stuff, but I wouldn't make a special trip out of it.

Not to stereotype, but the selection is what you'd expect from trendy gamers who want to be 'hip' and 'gangsta'. Nothing IMO worthwhile, a lot of the latest and greatest in EA sports games, and maybe 20 Gamecube games in total. It was truly a sad sight.

[quote name='Genocidal']Not to stereotype, but the selection is what you'd expect from trendy gamers who want to be 'hip' and 'gangsta'. Nothing IMO worthwhile, a lot of the latest and greatest in EA sports games, and maybe 20 Gamecube games in total. It was truly a sad sight.[/QUOTE]
I believe it. Makes sense considering the only people patronizing it would be Case kids and neighborhood kids.

Apparently there's one in Lyndhurst, I might stop by next time I'm cruising around.

Anyone in the Toledo area, the Allied Records in Miracle Mile has a copy of Guitar Hero for $60 in great condition, seems complete. I was there a couple of days ago, so it may or may not be there as of now.

I also found a $5 copy of FFT (Black label) (bought) and a copy of Bubble Bobble NES ($20), and some complete SNES/NES games, but as much as I like Bubble Bobble, $20 is too much for me

Oh yeah, also remembered, last time I was at EB Games in that plaza with Target and Kroger's and Office Max on Alexis, there was a complete Lunar 2 (big box and all) for ~$30, so you might want to check it if you're looking for one.

To anyone in the Medina area, I just called the 3 Targets around there and none had any Nintendogs bundles (the ones that supposedly ring up for $99). Maybe I'll try back tomorrow and see if they were just being lazy and didn't check.

GameStop in Brunwick has 3 brand new Guitar Hero bundles for $80 if anybody was looking for one.

Just thought i'd post in here, since I'm another Kent resident.

If there are any DS owners interested the Target in Stow/Kent had a copy of Meteos and a copy of Tiger Woods for $14.88 a wee k or so ago. Check the endcaps at the back of the video games aisle.

If anyone else sees a copy of Phoenix Wright out there for $20 let me know :)

Was just perusing the GS store locator... there's a Phoenix Wright at the Findlay GameStop. It's 153 miles from me, but someone else might be close to it.

What the heck happened to the Chapel Hill Circuit City? I was just there a little over a week ago and then last night it was completely shut down.

Sounds like what happened to the Randall Park CC a few years ago, but that happened to everything in North Randall.

On a possibly related note, the Solon K-Mart was clearanced to all hell last time I was there (video games 10% off). It's probably not closing down, but potentially changing to Sears Essentials. I might stop by again this weekend, I'll report if discounts have increased at all.

[quote name='jkanownik']What the heck happened to the Chapel Hill Circuit City? I was just there a little over a week ago and then last night it was completely shut down.[/QUOTE]
Shut down as in closed for good?
If so, then that sucks. My family hates going to BB because they cheated my uncle and my mom's cousin.

[quote name='RandomNPC']Anyone know if the Circuit City in Mayfield Heights still has any good cheap games left?[/QUOTE]
I was there a couple weeks ago, and to be honest, they never had any good ones there. I picked up Zelda II (which you can buy off me for cost if you want it) and one of the Pokemon videos to get Luigi's Mansion free during the B2G1F. Other than that, I know they had an Asphalt Urban GT for DS, but that's about it. I scoured the racks for anything less than $7 or $8 on the list, and saw nothing else.

[quote name='jkanownik']What the heck happened to the Chapel Hill Circuit City? I was just there a little over a week ago and then last night it was completely shut down.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO - I just came in this thread to ask the same question - stopped by yesterday and WTF'd at the store being gone.

Also, Stow Gamerush has used copies of We Love Katamari, Suikoden III and Digital Devil Saga if anyone has credit to burn and wants some good games for a change.

Dave

I can't directly answer your question, but I do have some information. It is scheduled to close sometime around 4/1, but it seems like as other TRU's have been closing they have been varying the closing dates slightly by district to allow the DM's to be at each store for closing. The below stores are all scheduled to close on the same day, so they should all be on the same discount schedule.

3l5l0 20th Ave. South, Federal Way, WA 98003
150 E. Bellis Fair Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98226
4040 Riverdale Rd. , Ogden, UT 84405
7905 N. Navarro Street, Victoria, TX 77904
3201 N. Highway 75, Sherman, TX 75090
4238 Sunset Dr., San Angelo, TX 76904
3323 Mall Drive., Texarkana, TX 75503
4100 South Franklin St., Michigan City, IN 46360
900 N.W. Plaza, Bridgeton, MO 63074
9110 Hillcrest Rd., Kansas City, MO 64137
4269 Sergeant Road, Sioux City, IA 51106
5740 Beckley Road, Battle Creek, MI 49015
2353 N. Park Drive, Holland, MI 49424
4575 W. 38th St., Indianapolis, IN 46254
2213 Roming Road, Akron, OH 44320
6929 Williams Rd., Niagra Falls, NY 14304
3850 Hwy. 80 West, Jackson, MS 39209
1987 Sam Rittenburg Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
7201 Two Notch Road, Columbia, SC 29223
2665 Perkins, Memphis, TN 38118

who here plays battle field 2 on ps2 online?
and when metal gear solid 3 subsistence comes out will u be playin online?

[quote name='MightySlacker']LMFAO - I just came in this thread to ask the same question - stopped by yesterday and WTF'd at the store being gone.

Also, Stow Gamerush has used copies of We Love Katamari, Suikoden III and Digital Devil Saga if anyone has credit to burn and wants some good games for a change.

Dave[/QUOTE]

oh well they never really had much there any time I went in to check. Btw does anyone know what's going in across from the graham road walmart next to the ntb store? Hopefully it's a target, I despise going to that walmart.

Hey if anyones still looking for an xbox 360 theres a Target that just opened up in Wadsworth and they have 2 core systems and plenty of hard drives for sale.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Anyone over there know what % off Rolling Acres TRU is at and when it might close?

Dave[/QUOTE]

40% off games, 70% off accessories, theres pretty much no accessories left though. And games pretty much suck, I'm waiting for the percentage to drop down more because they have at least 50 copies of gunstar heroes GBA for some reason.

It's really not worth the drive there, I went tuesday morning and didn't buy anything but decided to come back that night and pick up a 360 memory card for 12 bucks but all 8 of their memory cards were gone by then, most likely some asshole buying them for resale.

EDIT: oh and I'm pretty sure they told me they were closing down April 1

[quote name='Bstiff']oh well they never really had much there any time I went in to check. Btw does anyone know what's going in across from the graham road walmart next to the ntb store? Hopefully it's a target, I despise going to that walmart.[/QUOTE]
that walmart sucks =/
i think they still want $40 for donkey konga bah

[quote name='takingchase']40% off games, 70% off accessories, theres pretty much no accessories left though. And games pretty much suck, I'm waiting for the percentage to drop down more because they have at least 50 copies of gunstar heroes GBA for some reason.

It's really not worth the drive there, I went tuesday morning and didn't buy anything but decided to come back that night and pick up a 360 memory card for 12 bucks but all 8 of their memory cards were gone by then, most likely some asshole buying them for resale.

EDIT: oh and I'm pretty sure they told me they were closing down April 1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Saves me a trip.

[quote name='rabbitt']Thanks for the info. Saves me a trip.[/QUOTE]

Yup, if your looking for anything in peticular from there let me know. There wasn't much so I remember a lot of what was there.

[quote name='takingchase']Yup, if your looking for anything in peticular from there let me know. There wasn't much so I remember a lot of what was there.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I'm waiting on a cheaper price for is Guitar Hero right now.

[quote name='takingchase']Yup, if your looking for anything in peticular from there let me know. There wasn't much so I remember a lot of what was there.[/QUOTE]
Dang, could you snag me a copy of Gunstar? What would it cost to ship it to Wisconsin? (I'm in school now or I'd just go myself :p )

[quote name='rabbitt']The only thing I'm waiting on a cheaper price for is Guitar Hero right now.[/QUOTE]

definetly no guitar hero. The only things worth driving to this TRU is for gba and Nintendo DS. They still have a few decent games for each of those systems, everything else is pretty much crap. Or unless you need 360 high def cables you can score them pretty cheap at their 70% off.

[quote name='daroga']Dang, could you snag me a copy of Gunstar? What would it cost to ship it to Wisconsin? (I'm in school now or I'd just go myself :p )[/QUOTE]

Well I'm still waiting for more of a price drop on Gunstar. As soon as it gets cheaper I'd be more than willing to grab you a copy when I go. My best guess is shipping would be 1.26. Most complete GBA games fall into that shipping price, At the most I'm guessing it would be 1.60 to ship.

EDIT: is it just my computer or do sigs occasionally not show up for people? example right now I'm seeing my sig in my above post but not in this one.

I think maybe it doesn't display your sig if you post two in a row? not sure...

anyway, on Gunstar, that's cool. Is to $20 normally so sitting at about $13 or now? If you get ir for cheaper or see them disappering grab me one and I'll totally pay for shipping a little bit for your trouble.

[quote name='daroga']I think maybe it doesn't display your sig if you post two in a row? not sure...

anyway, on Gunstar, that's cool. Is to $20 normally so sitting at about $13 or now? If you get ir for cheaper or see them disappering grab me one and I'll totally pay for shipping a little bit for your trouble.[/QUOTE]

well the thing is at TRU it retails at $30, so thats why with the 40% off it's not cheap enough for me yet.

[quote name='takingchase']well the thing is at TRU it retails at $30, so thats why with the 40% off it's not cheap enough for me yet.[/QUOTE]
ah, yes, that would be a bit of a deal breaker then.

[quote name='daroga']I think maybe it doesn't display your sig if you post two in a row? not sure...[/QUOTE]
Sigs only show up in your first post per page now.

[quote name='daroga']ah, yes, that would be a bit of a deal breaker then.[/QUOTE]

ya, but they have tons and tons of them. I'm sure they will still be around when the discount gets higher.

[quote name='nnthomas']Anyone in the Toledo area, the Allied Records in Miracle Mile has a copy of Guitar Hero for $60 in great condition, seems complete. I was there a couple of days ago, so it may or may not be there as of now.

I also found a $5 copy of FFT (Black label) (bought) and a copy of Bubble Bobble NES ($20), and some complete SNES/NES games, but as much as I like Bubble Bobble, $20 is too much for me

Oh yeah, also remembered, last time I was at EB Games in that plaza with Target and Kroger's and Office Max on Alexis, there was a complete Lunar 2 (big box and all) for ~$30, so you might want to check it if you're looking for one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check on that guitar hero.And, yesterday I picked up ape escape 3 at value city, almost picked up genji also.

[quote name='RandomNPC']Does the Sears in Richmond Mall have anymore copies of Ninja Gaiden Black? Ive been wanting to get that game for a long time.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... I want to say yes. I know I saw "Ninja Gaiden", but I'll have to see if there's enough differentiation between the box art of the original and Black for me to know the difference...

And after looking it up, yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a few copies. I believe it was marked at 19.97, but that could have been a mistake. This was on Monday.

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... I want to say yes. I know I saw "Ninja Gaiden", but I'll have to see if there's enough differentiation between the box art of the original and Black for me to know the difference...

And after looking it up, yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a few copies. I believe it was marked at 19.97, but that could have been a mistake. This was on Monday.[/quote]

Thanks Ill be sure to check it out next time i go there.

[quote name='RandomNPC']Thanks Ill be sure to check it out next time i go there.[/QUOTE]
Looks like I may have been mistaken. The original Ninja Gaiden is apparently marked down to 19.97, so that was probably what I saw. But if its not far for you, might be worth a trip anyway, as I don't recall anything else there - so there may be NGB as well. Otherwise I'll let you know if I drop by again.

bread's done
Back