Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Anyone know where to find Pokemon Collesum,Pokemon XD Darkness, or Pokemon Fire Red?
I know that EB/GS sells pkmn c/XD for like 30 bucks but i want it cheaper :/

hey question for you all. Maybe not the best place for this question but probably the best place to get an answer to it.

Me and my wife are coming up on our 8 year anniversary. We took the kids to Cosi in Columbus a few months back and really liked what we were able to see of the area. Just after thanksgiving I was gonna try to take her back without the kids (for 2 days hopefully) and see some more of the area. We ended up north somewhere that had this funky mall that reminded me of something out of 90210 and we also went into this dive mall somewhere in the main city.

My Questions are what's special and/or unique to see or do in the area. Shoping, games, theater or anything you can think of to mention. Fort Wayne's nice but I am sure there are a lot of things in Columbus worth mentioning. Can anyone reccomend a nice hotel and when I say nice I dont necessarily mean hotty totty. Just something thats not a dive hopefully a good price bleh. Sorry 4 kids use up da funds. Pool or jacuzi would be great. Pretty much looking for the best deal while not settling for junk. Bleh I think you get the idea. Sybaris great but to expensive, motel 6 cheap but to much of a dive. bleh.

if it ok mention it here , if its poluting this thread then please message me if you have any info. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

I went to COSI with my girlfriend last year and didn't find much to do downtown either. The City Center Mall was a lot more barren and ghetto than I remember from a few years ago. There's lots of smaller shops near the OSU campus, but downtown seemed like a wash.

A tiny bit outside of Columbus, but Easton Town Center has forever been my favorite shopping/entertainment spot when I'm in Columbus, and it's got some pretty nice hotels too... we almost stayed at the Hilton there but ended up going for something cheaper down the road. It did the job but wasn't exactly clean.

But Easton's great as there's a movie theatre, shadowbox cabaret, spas/salons, a comedy club, loads of shopping, several restaurant options nearby and inside.

For me, the fact that it's all in one place we can walk around is a great thing too, as we don't have to nickel and dime ourselves on fuel costs driving 5 miles here, 10 miles there, and so forth.

This may have even been the funky mall north of the city you mentioned, as it is just northeast of the city, so if this is the same place, oops.

Hello Ohio CAGs, here in Western PA the majority of the Giant Eagle Supermarkets "Iggle" video stores are closing down. A few shut down today and the rest will close down in the next 6 months. I started a thread in the Northeast Forum with the locations I know about:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152924

Possibly we could start something here since there are alot of stores in the Ohio Area.

Here is a link to all the store locations:

http://www.igglevideo.com/content/store/info.html?client=iggle

If people have any information on these stores please pass it along and I will start up a thread here or add the ohio info to the original post.

When the one in Fairlawn, OH closed it was nothing special. There was never a decent deal on a game. The lowest that prices ever got was $10 on 4+ year old gamecube games.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hello Ohio CAGs, here in Western PA the majority of the Giant Eagle Supermarkets "Iggle" video stores are closing down. A few shut down today and the rest will close down in the next 6 months. I started a thread in the Northeast Forum with the locations I know about:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152924

Possibly we could start something here since there are alot of stores in the Ohio Area.

Here is a link to all the store locations:

http://www.igglevideo.com/content/store/info.html?client=iggle

If people have any information on these stores please pass it along and I will start up a thread here or add the ohio info to the original post.[/quote]

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I don't know of any stores in the area that carry N64's for that cheap. I wish there were more mom and pop stores around here. That's something I'm really starting to miss about Columbus.[/quote]

videogame and music exchange is where it's at. (vgmx.com)

They have two stores int he Columbus area and all of their new games are $5 under reatail. They also have coupons that are printable from their website that are pretty good.

Does anyone know someone selling a car? I'm looking for something under $4k, preferably a small import with good gas mileage, but I'm open to any offers.

As for cool parts of Columbus:
Grandview (just of downtown)
German Village (just south of downtown)
Easton as mentioned
Arena District
South Campus Gateway (OSU main campus area/High Street)
Polaris if you like that kind of shopping extravaganza thing

Lots of fun/cool spots in Columbus. The downtown area is starting to come around (as evidenced by all the new bars in the Arena District). THey're building a lot of housing down there now and once people start living there in bigger numbers, downtown will develop even more.

City Center though...eh.

If you want a cheap hotel in Columbus try hotwire...The 3.5 star hotel in Worthington is a Sheraton Suites that is usually $70-80 a night the rooms are all suites and are pretty nice. My favorite downtown hotel is the Doubletree again an all suites hotel with good service.
As for things to do Columbus has the most retail space per capita of any non- tourist destination city in the nation but that said a mall is a mall and easton and polaris are malls.
If you want something to see go see the Santa Maria, go to Schwartz Castle, Kelton House museum, see a show at the Ohio, palace or state theatre. Go to the Newport music hall for a concert.
Check out German village and the brewery district for dining and nightlife
repeat after me I will not go to the mall

checked hotels dot com, priceline, travelocity, etc... ended up finding a much better deal using the actual hotels web site and AAA instead. much better room and about 12% off. creapy thing is the 6 something percent tax plus another 10% hotel tax or something. (dont know what it is but it was on every site) maybe thats normal dont know. Dont get out much.

a night at the CAPA and Cloak and dagger as well.

everything should be great unless the main and back up baby sitter back out. ackkk¡!

For those in the Dayton area. These are the Hollywood Videos closing:

Dayton- Philadelphia Dr.
Kettering- Stroop Rd.

Right now, it's 20% off all inventory. But it's supposed to get up to 75% off near the end of the month.

[quote name='tangytangerine']For those in the Dayton area. These are the Hollywood Videos closing:

Dayton- Philadelphia Dr.
Kettering- Stroop Rd.

Right now, it's 20% off all inventory. But it's supposed to get up to 75% off near the end of the month.[/QUOTE]
So that's movies and games?

All the Game Crazy's in the Columbus Area are closing down too. Everything is 20% off right now, but they are saying up to 75% off towards the end of the month. Also, I own a game store. I made a coupon in MSPaint for all the CAGs in the Columbus area. We're opening a second location in the Polaris area. Heres the sweet coupon that never expires! Just print it out, bring it in, and save. We take everything in trade too, from Atari to PS3, 360, Wii and beyond.

piticagcoupon-vi.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the coupon, that's cool of you.

Had no idea the Columbus Game Crazys are closing. I have some credit at a couple I need to use up, it sounds like. Anyone been there to see if the selection has been picked over already?

[quote name='nekrolemur']We're opening a second location in the Polaris area...
[/quote]

Post back when you have this store opened with the address. I pass right through Polaris on my way to the in-laws house and wouldn't mind a stopping in.

Not a video game deal but a question. Anyone else getting screwed by Insight? It's currently the only cable service available in my area, so I kind of don't have a choice. But they're pretty much commiting false advertising with what they're doing to me. I subscribed to the dvr + hdtv pak with digital choice, everything on their site tells me I should have TNT in HD and MHD along with ESPN 1 and 2 in HD. But I can't view these channeles and when I called they said I had to get the HD Pak which is an additional 8 bucks. But I checked the HD pak, it only comes with four channels (HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal Movies, and something else).

I know Insight is kinda crappy but like I said I don't have a choice. Anyway if any of you in the Columbus area have Insight can you let me know if you're receiving TNT in HD or MHD without being subscribed to the HD Pak? Also if you're not receiving the channels please join me in calling and writing Insight as their program guide, ordering page, and website clearing state we should have it.

I haven't seen any Game Crazys that are closing, I've seen plenty of Hollywood Videos closing but none of these were locations with a Game Crazy. The East Broad Game Crazy did not have any store closing signs when I drove by it the other day. However the Brice Rd and Hamilton Road Hollywood Videos sure did.

[quote name='atomicfox']Not a video game deal but a question. Anyone else getting screwed by Insight? It's currently the only cable service available in my area, so I kind of don't have a choice. But they're pretty much commiting false advertising with what they're doing to me. I subscribed to the dvr + hdtv pak with digital choice, everything on their site tells me I should have TNT in HD and MHD along with ESPN 1 and 2 in HD. But I can't view these channeles and when I called they said I had to get the HD Pak which is an additional 8 bucks. But I checked the HD pak, it only comes with four channels (HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal Movies, and something else).

I know Insight is kinda crappy but like I said I don't have a choice. Anyway if any of you in the Columbus area have Insight can you let me know if you're receiving TNT in HD or MHD without being subscribed to the HD Pak? Also if you're not receiving the channels please join me in calling and writing Insight as their program guide, ordering page, and website clearing state we should have it.[/quote]

Yes, that happened to me too. I DVRed a couple shows I wanted to watch in HD, and TNT and MHD do not work, and there was something else screwy I noticed that I should have had but wasn't an available channel for some reason. ESPN works fine though.

Also, it seems like the game crazy closing first is the Polaris location. More stores to follow, including the ones connected to all the hollywoods that are closing. We just put a deal together today to buy out all they're fixtures :]

Dayton Area CAGs:

I saw a flyer for this event at the Dayton Mall arcade, Pocket Change, which btw has free play on a Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Bowling machine in the back. I thought it would be worth checking out.

http://www.gaming4tristin.com/

Saturday, Oct 20 at the VFW hall in Huber Heights
Guitar Hero 2, Halo 3 2v2, Wii Tennis 2v2, and Texas Hold Em Tournaments
Free play on consoles and movies all day long.
Auctions, door prizes, raffles, and other giveaways.

$10 for pre-registration, $15 at the door. And of course this is going to a good cause. You can read Tristin's story and get all the details on the website.

[quote name='radjago']Dayton Area CAGs:

I saw a flyer for this event at the Dayton Mall arcade, Pocket Change, which btw has free play on a Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Bowling machine in the back. I thought it would be worth checking out.

http://www.gaming4tristin.com/

Saturday, Oct 20 at the VFW hall in Huber Heights
Guitar Hero 2, Halo 3 2v2, Wii Tennis 2v2, and Texas Hold Em Tournaments
Free play on consoles and movies all day long.
Auctions, door prizes, raffles, and other giveaways.

$10 for pre-registration, $15 at the door. And of course this is going to a good cause. You can read Tristin's story and get all the details on the website.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. I'd really, really like to go to that, but it has to fall on the same night as Biffy Clyro opening for Queens of the Stone Age in Columbus, which I promised the Biffy boys I'd be at. Boooooo!!

Also, if anyone is looking for a 360 locally, I'm selling one. I swapped mine for an HDMI model. Comes with 10 XBLA games, brand new hard drive, wireless controller, wired headset, Component AV cable. I'm looking to get $300 for it.

I have two friends who will make it to the event. They're playing in the Texas Hold Em and Halo 3 tournaments. I won't be able to go.

Thanks for the coupon, nekrolemur. Very cool of you, always good to see an indie game store. You say you take everything, that include crappy anime DVDs? I've got a bunch I was hoping to trade in somewhere for a second Guitar Hero guitar or a SSBB pre-order. No worries if not, I'll be sure and check out the store regardless.

[quote name='tankexmortis']Thanks for the coupon, nekrolemur. Very cool of you, always good to see an indie game store. You say you take everything, that include crappy anime DVDs? I've got a bunch I was hoping to trade in somewhere for a second Guitar Hero guitar or a SSBB pre-order. No worries if not, I'll be sure and check out the store regardless.[/quote]

yeah man we can hook you up! bring in anything else you got laying around too.

Also! We're gonna have guitar hero 3 tomorrow for all systems, if anyones interested. I'm already halfway through co-op career and we started playing at 12:30 am lol.

[quote name='nekrolemur']yeah man we can hook you up! bring in anything else you got laying around too.

Also! We're gonna have guitar hero 3 tomorrow for all systems, if anyones interested. I'm already halfway through co-op career and we started playing at 12:30 am lol.[/quote]

Awesome, I'll stop by later in the week, then. My girlfriend goes up there on Saturdays for class, maybe I'll go with her.

For anyone in Columbus, Games Underground is closing (very sad) on 5th Avenue in Grandview (about a block from my house). Everything is 10% now, but I'm sure they'll drop lower as they get closer to closing (Nov. 25).

Shame to see an independent gaming store go out of business.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']For anyone in Columbus, Games Underground is closing (very sad) on 5th Avenue in Grandview (about a block from my house). Everything is 10% now, but I'm sure they'll drop lower as they get closer to closing (Nov. 25).

Shame to see an independent gaming store go out of business.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by there Friday night. Even with 10% off their stuff was overpriced compared to other mom&pop shops.

Hate to see the little guy go down though.

Their pricing wasn't always that overpriced. I've bought a couple used 360 games in there that were pretty reasonable. Maybe the rent got out of control or something.

Makes me wonder how that store down on 3rd does. I've never been in there. Something Gifts & Games or something.

excellent I drive past there every day to work. I work at the polaris Circuit City stop by if you need any help with anything my names bill.
Gonna have to drop in on my lunch break.

[quote name='nekrolemur']The Polaris Store is open! Here's a flyer!

http://images30.fotki.com/v465/photos/9/955048/4476070/flyerback-vi.jpg

Just print em out and bring em in!

Play It Trade It
1202 E. Powell Rd.
Lewis Center, OH 43035
In the Oak Creek strip center off of Polaris Pkwy.
Next to Cookie Cutters and Signs Now

Play It Trade It
4316 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43214
Between Cooke and Henderson on High St.

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'll have to swing by there this weekend and scope it out! PI/TI rocks.

I'm from Southern Ohio, and I was wondering what I should do for reserving a game....

Which store generally is the best for reserving game as in which store usually gets the copies first and ASAP for you.

Game Crazy or Gamestop?

BTW I want to reserve a copy of Super Mario Galaxy and get it ASAP lol.

On their front page. Lots of great deals. I just bought a Xbox 360 HD player for %40 off

STORE CLOSING SALE
Everything in the store is on sale!!!
Currently 40% or more off everything in the store including games, systems, accessories, DVDs and CDs.
All fixtures and display items must go!!!

Last day the store will be open is
Sunday, Nov. 25th.

http://www.gamesug.com/

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a shoutout to all you fellow Ohioans. I'm new to CAG and am from the Cleveland area.

bread's done
Back