Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Yo, anybody from Ohio going to BB Sunday for a Wii? Depending on the area, I might see a fellow CAG user also. Heh. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Iceman20']Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a shoutout to all you fellow Ohioans. I'm new to CAG and am from the Cleveland area.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! :)

Will you guys post some addresses to independent game stores for the Dayton and Cincinnati Ohio area? I make it down to the area once a year and I am always looking for the video game stores that carry video games but are not part of the big franchises.

[quote name='radjago']Dingleberry's in Yellow Springs is holding a Guitar Hero III tournament on Saturday, December 8th. You can sign up in store or online at their myspace page.

http://myspace.com/dingleberrysmusic

Anyone up for a challenge?[/quote]
I'd go since I'm in YS, but I suck at GH. Still haven't finished a single stage in Hard mode.

Plus, GHIII's soundtrack is just so much worse than 1 and 2's.

[quote name='Sinizar']Will you guys post some addresses to independent game stores for the Dayton and Cincinnati Ohio area? I make it down to the area once a year and I am always looking for the video game stores that carry video games but are not part of the big franchises.[/QUOTE]
Here's my Dayton area shopping thread.

http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70061

The only independent store in the area that sells new games that I know of is The Game Haven in Riverside. There are a bunch of places that sell used games like Second Time Around, Vacs n Videos, CD Connection, and Gem City Records.

Futher south, I've heard good things about Game Junkie in West Chester, but I haven't made it there myself yet.

[quote name='radjago']Here's my Dayton area shopping thread.

http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70061

The only independent store in the area that sells new games that I know of is The Game Haven in Riverside. There are a bunch of places that sell used games like Second Time Around, Vacs n Videos, CD Connection, and Gem City Records.

Futher south, I've heard good things about Game Junkie in West Chester, but I haven't made it there myself yet.[/quote]Game Junkie is really cool. I don't go there much since independent game stores are typically not the cheapest places, but it's definitely the nicest locally-run game shop in the area.

I was in Game Junkie on Monday night. Nice little store, but like 90% of the times I go in there, they didn't have what I was looking for and the prices are too high for me to find any impulse buys.

I'm starting to find quite a few smaller shops opening up over here on the east side of Cincinnati, but so far, they aren't exactly blowing my skirt up.

Hopefully, this new store (Play N Trade) opening up nearest my house will be good, but they have a Scion completely wrapped with gaming icons sitting out front and I don't think I've ever been to a store that has one of those type cars that ever has any deals.

Must be all the rage around here since another store called Game City 360 has a similar type thing on a Hummer.

Wow...lots of Ohio CAGs here...I grew up in Englewood (outside Dayton), and live in Toledo now. I don't really post much, I'm more of a lurker, but I figured I'd at least tack one more Ohio CAG onto the list.

Shipwreck, let me know about the stores ya find...Where is this Play and Trade? I live right outside of Eastgate and work at Bethesda North Hospital, so Im around the area often.... I wanna find some fun stores to visit.

[quote name='jousley']Shipwreck, let me know about the stores ya find...Where is this Play and Trade? I live right outside of Eastgate and work at Bethesda North Hospital, so Im around the area often.... I wanna find some fun stores to visit.[/QUOTE]

Play N Trade isn't open yet, but it's off of the Milford Expressway exit and across from the Target.

Game City 360 is at the Rte. 28 exit across from the Meijer and GameCrazy (east from the 275 exit).

There's also Games Place (I think that's the name) which is on Beechmont a little bit east of the 275 exit.

[quote name='Iceman20']Any Ohio CAG's live in an area where Wiis are somewhat easy to find or available?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, New member...they are here for sale like blades of grass in a field...and for $100 each...

Thanks Shipwreck...I forgot that new place on Beechmont...Im going to check it out soon. Just a question, do you ever go to the Gamestop right up from that on Beechmont...the one in Cherry Grove? Im "sort of" a part time employee there..and the manager Donnie is my good friend...real good store.

[quote name='jousley']Oh yeah, New member...they are here for sale like blades of grass in a field...and for $100 each...[/quote]
Depending on where people are, they are available and not as hard to find in other places. I was just asking if there was anyone in Ohio that lives in an area like that... Jeez... :whistle2:?

[quote name='Iceman20']Depending on where people are, they are available and not as hard to find in other places. I was just asking if there was anyone in Ohio that lives in an area like that... Jeez... :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Just seems like a silly question to me ;) People stand in line EVERYWHERE around here HOPING to get one...I have never actually saw a Wii on a store shelf YET>

I saw quite a few after it first came out, even EB games had 'em. But I haven't seen any since then. Definitely glad I picked mine up on release day.

[quote name='shipwreck']Play N Trade isn't open yet, but it's off of the Milford Expressway exit and across from the Target.

Game City 360 is at the Rte. 28 exit across from the Meijer and GameCrazy (east from the 275 exit).

There's also Games Place (I think that's the name) which is on Beechmont a little bit east of the 275 exit.[/QUOTE]

Hey Shipwreck, keep us posted on the Play N Trade opening. I've actually never heard of any of these stores you've mentioned. I'm in the Beechmont / Eastgate / Milford / Tri County area quite a bit. I guess I just don't have my eyes open for new game stores. I usually end up hitting the Gamestops and Best Buys instead.

[quote name='jousley']Oh yeah, New member...they are here for sale like blades of grass in a field...and for $100 each...

Thanks Shipwreck...I forgot that new place on Beechmont...Im going to check it out soon. Just a question, do you ever go to the Gamestop right up from that on Beechmont...the one in Cherry Grove? Im "sort of" a part time employee there..and the manager Donnie is my good friend...real good store.[/QUOTE]

I've been in that Gamestop twice. That's actually where I picked up Ninja 5-0 earlier this year.

[quote name='shipwreck']I've been in that Gamestop twice. That's actually where I picked up Ninja 5-0 earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

haha! That was YOU!! I saw they had it in stock one time..went in there and they had sold it. Ended up getting it at the Tri-county store for $4.99 soon after.

I've been meaning to check out that new place on Beechmont, I didn't know about the place in Milford though.

Has anyone checked out any Meijer's in the area for the B1G1 PS3/360 thing thats going on now? It's been forever since I've looked at their game section, I'm wondering if they carry anything worth running over there for.

Ok..I checked that place out on Beechmont today, Play and Trade. I wasn't too impressed. Its good to have a new store around, but the prices were pretty high....some of their Used prices are more than most stores sell the game NEW for.

We had a shipment of Wii's today at the Eastgate TRU. Nobody knew we had them for awhile, and then a friend called some friends who called some friends and they were all gone. :p

Cincy area CAGs. I've got 8 $10 off $50 coupons for use at the Sears stores at the EastGate, Florence, and Tri County Malls that are good through 12/31. Not good on clearance, video games, video game systems, electronics, DVDs, or Gift Cards among a few other things. PM me with your address and I'll get one out to you.

[quote name='jousley']Ok..I checked that place out on Beechmont today, Play and Trade. I wasn't too impressed. Its good to have a new store around, but the prices were pretty high....some of their Used prices are more than most stores sell the game NEW for.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you are talking about Games Place, because as far as I know Play N Trade isn't open yet?

Strongsville CAG n00b here :p

Anyway, I was thinking, there really isn't that great of a list for independant game store (and if there is, someone show me it), so would anyone be interested in such a list? I only know of two stores in the Cleveland area (Slipped Disks in Brunswick and this one in Parma), so a list would be sweet.

A list of indie game stores would be pretty awesome on this thread, especially if Cyrix or a mod would edit the OP and put it there :p

I've got 2 stores in the Columbus area myself, and would love to have them on a CAG list of indie game stores. Shall we start compiling?
My name is Mike, btw, co-owner of Play It Trade It. Chris, Darren and I are the owners, and Brent, Cory, David and Tracy are all sweet dudes, so come up and visit sometime, hang out, and play some games with us :D

http://www.playit-tradeit.com/

Play It Trade It
4316 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43214
614-262-8888

Play It Trade It
1202 E. Powell Rd.
Lewis Center, OH 43035
614-436-1111

Now for some other Columbus indie stores...

VGMX
1489 Schrock Rd
Columbus, OH 43229
614-431-5556

VGMX
8731 Smoky Row Rd
Powell, OH 43065-8805
614-761-1212

Mike's Trading Zone
[SIZE=-1]2550 Bethel Rd.
Columbus[/SIZE], OH 43220
614-459-4401
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Is Video Trader still up there in the mall on Brice in Columbus? Also, are there any Video Game Expresses or Crazy Burt's still up there? I used to take trips to Columbus all the time just to look.

Good starter for the Columbus area, here are some I know of in Cleveland:

Slipped Discs
1321 N Carpenter Rd
Brunswick, OH 44212
330-225-4141

Fun City
5824 Ridge Rd
Cleveland, OH 44129
440-886-0055

Those are the two I know of from personal experience, but here are some I found after a quick yellow pages look (sorry in advance if their dead):

GameTime
13312 Cleveland Ave Nw
Uniontown, OH 44685
330-699-3333

Game Quest
20760 Southgate Park Blvd
Maple Heights, OH 44137
216-581-3422

Video Gameworld
1031 Kenmore Blvd
Akron, OH 44314
330-753-2008

Game Trader
428 Portage Trl
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
330-929-3423

Game Trade
2400 Romig Rd
Akron, OH 44320
330-745-7927

K&M Records
117 N. Chestnut
Ravenna, OH 44266
330-296-8276

Some of them are multi-purpose (K&M Records and Slipped Discs both have large amounts of DVDs and music), but they all sell games. I swear by Slipped Discs, so go check them out if you're close to here.

Dayton here!

I work at The Game Haven on Airway (im the guy with the Tool hat there 6 days a week).

Couple FYI's:

We price all our current and last gen used stuff a few dollars cheaper than gamestop (they post all their prices online so it's easy to do).

We should be opening another store later this year.

enjoy!

Heads up! I just picked up an open box 80GB PS3 at the beavercreek Toys R Us for $350! They've got a premium 360 bundled with Forza and Marvel Ultimate alliance for $250 and slim PS2's for $90.

All of this was as of 4pm.

Some more Columbus stores...

Video Games Express

3953 Hoover Rd
Grove City, OH 43123
614-539-5555

Westpointe Video Games
5319 Westpointe Plaza Dr
Columbus, OH
614-777-5500

Level One Games

3840 Lattimer St.
Hilliard, OH 43026
614-777-7000

[quote name='jousley']Is Video Trader still up there in the mall on Brice in Columbus? Also, are there any Video Game Expresses or Crazy Burt's still up there? I used to take trips to Columbus all the time just to look.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, the Video Trader in the Brice Outlet mall was still there but taken over by the people who owned the Asian cloths and trinket shop across from it. Pretty awful selection and prices the last time I checked. I actually worked for that place back between 1998 and 2001 and the prices on the old PS1 and earlier stuff looked like they hadn't changed since then.

There is only one VGE left and I listed it above.

[quote name='JDN169']Dayton here!

I work at The Game Haven on Airway (im the guy with the Tool hat there 6 days a week).

Couple FYI's:

We price all our current and last gen used stuff a few dollars cheaper than gamestop (they post all their prices online so it's easy to do).

We should be opening another store later this year.

enjoy![/QUOTE]
Hey I know you. I'm that guy. You know the one.

Hilliard CAG here, just moved there from Bethel Road area when I got my house, and familiar with Cincy / NKY too since the family is there. Used to work at Game Junkie in West Chester, wonderful wonderful place.

Now just a new homeowner with a wife and a budget to think about, so beginning to once again check CAG more and more!

(Didn't know about Level One games in Hilliard, I'll have to go check it out. Westpointe looks really promising, have never seen a store wall to wall with more stuff in it)

The talk a few threads ago reminds me ... are there still any Game Swap stores in Cincy? Knew the owner, wasn't a big fan, but they did have a good varied selection.

[quote name='radjago']Hey I know you. I'm that guy. You know the one.[/quote]

I know a lot of that guys :cool:.

[quote name='sav2880']Hilliard CAG here, just moved there from Bethel Road area when I got my house, and familiar with Cincy / NKY too since the family is there. Used to work at Game Junkie in West Chester, wonderful wonderful place.

Now just a new homeowner with a wife and a budget to think about, so beginning to once again check CAG more and more!

(Didn't know about Level One games in Hilliard, I'll have to go check it out. Westpointe looks really promising, have never seen a store wall to wall with more stuff in it)

The talk a few threads ago reminds me ... are there still any Game Swap stores in Cincy? Knew the owner, wasn't a big fan, but they did have a good varied selection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are three Game Swaps in the Cincy area. As for Westpointe, it has an excellent selection at decent prices. That was always my go to place if I was looking for something difficult to find at a reasonable price while I was in Columbus.

[quote name='radjago']I'm that guy who bought your DS Lite. Does that help?[/quote]

Ohhh, THAT guy. What's up! :D

I'm from Mansfield area.

My favorite store in the area is a little local place called Stickman's in Shelby; he's an awesome dude and has great deals on stuff usually. :D

Sam's Club in Fairlawn Ohio has Rockband for the 360 for $149.99. They had a stack of them on Sunday and it was marked "Seasonal Item".

I don't have the room for all of that stuff, so I passed. But thought I'd post if anyone was interested. I'm not sure if this was Sam's regular price or not... it didn't seem to be marked down.

[quote name='daminion']Sam's Club in Fairlawn Ohio has Rockband for the 360 for $149.99. They had a stack of them on Sunday and it was marked "Seasonal Item".

I don't have the room for all of that stuff, so I passed. But thought I'd post if anyone was interested. I'm not sure if this was Sam's regular price or not... it didn't seem to be marked down.[/QUOTE]
It was posted in the deals forum too. That's the regular price now at Sam's.

bread's done
Back