Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='SolidMetal']Isn't that for like everywhere?[/quote]

If it were, I think there'd be a thread somewhere for it by now. That, or the Blockbuster thead on VG deals would be atwitter with plans for a flipping frenzy.

[quote name='SolidMetal']I don't do trade-ins anyway, they're a rip off.[/quote]

Neither do most of us, but when there's a 60% bonus, a lot more people would consider it worthwhile. I don't think getting $32 back on a $40 investment ala FFVII:CC is a bad deal, for example.

In conclusion: what the hell, dude, I was just trying to help.

I'm from Whitehall, a suburb of Columbus on the east side. I used to shop here but Columbus hasn't had much good stuff here recently. I tend to travel out of town a couple days a week. Been to Dayton, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and about every small town in Southwest Ohio. Not to mention parts of Kentucky and Indiana.

Chicago and New York are next on my list.

I've returned to central Ohio after a four year sabbatical in the Windy City.

Damn it, everything here looks the same! What the hell have y'all been doin'?!

I kid. Drove by Bethel the other day to see that Crazy Burt's no longer exists. Never bought anything there, but it's always sad to see the little guy disappear. Used to price match their new releases all the time (they generally sold for $4-5 dollars less).

There was another similar store in Grove City, still went by the old "Video Games Express" title. Anyone know if it's still there?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']There was another similar store in Grove City, still went by the old "Video Games Express" title. Anyone know if it's still there?[/QUOTE]

It's still there and Burt still owns it. As far as I know it's the last VGE. At one point Burt owned like 5 of those and he had Crazy Butr's on Bethel.

[quote name='falcon815']Hey guys. Not an Ohio resident myself, but I found a coupon some of you might be able to use. There's a set of Gamestops that have a coupon flyer that includes a 50% trade-in bonus coupon on it. Rules: 5 games at a time, doesn't stack with anything but Edge, coupon must be surrendered. Here are the Ohio stores listed on my coupon (got it in Indianapolis):

1) Eastgate Mall (4601 Eastgate Blvd, Cincinnati)
2) Eastgate Square (4394 Eastgate Square Dr, Cincinnati)

A little specific, but if you're in that area, check those GSes for the coupons. They're good until the end of August.[/quote]

If you could get a scan of those that would be awesome, I drive by those stores everyday.

By the way, the target on W broad street near wilson had like 5 copies of Jeanne D'arc for psp at 15 bucks the other day. May be lower now.

Finally got a copy of the EB/GS coupons I posted about earlier.

It has 50% Extra Trade-In credit on all games, Extra $30 Trade-In credit on any game system, and 10% off any new game. Ends 8/31/08.

These are valid at the Eastgate Mall store and the Eastgate Square store (the one by the Super-Walmart). They were handing them out.

Had a funny experience at the Taylor Square Gamestop in Reynoldsburg a couple weeks back during the B1G1 Xbox sale. I was getting an EDGE card (hadn't had one in a while) and they had one of the PSone/LCD combos with a $29.99 tag on it. I asked if the EDGE would work on that and was informed that it was brand new. :shock:

Needless to say it's mine now and it was their last, but you might want to ask around next time you're in...some other locations in c-bus might still have some.

anyone know where I can find a deal on legendary halo 3 edition? or if any stores have the halo 3 special edition 360 in the cincinnati area?

[quote name='CYRiX']What an epic thread I created.[/quote]

Oh, very. I'm surprised by how many of us exist on this website, haha. Akron/Barberton, Ohio CAG newbie here. Ugh, I should have posted my original list of Cuyahoga Falls GS available games during Game Sale here. My bad. Anyway if anyone is in the Montrose area and in dire need of a PSP 2200 mAh battery the TRU has them in stock. Of course the deal for $10 is long gone, but $18 isn't too shabby for a great battery.

[quote name='SolidMetal']anyone know where I can find a deal on legendary halo 3 edition? or if any stores have the halo 3 special edition 360 in the cincinnati area?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's the best price around, but the local Game Crazy in Dayton had a few Legendary editions for $79.99.

eh my dad works in dayton but I'm already gettin both of that stuff. I decided to order it off buy.com and luckily they had both in stock and I received them in 2 days lawl.
But i can't get them till the 16th,which is my 16th birthday lol. I'm also getting a capture card I bought off ebay WOOT 16.99+13.99shipping(2-3 day).

Hey all thought Id post. If your looking for a MGS4 PS3 bundle still the Circuit City I work at (polaris) got an internet purchased one returned to the store. Just thought I'd let you all know.

bill123

Originally from Toledo, Oh. I live in Alaska now, but I'm moving to Pittsburgh next spring! Do I still count? :(

*cough* Go Blue! *cough*

(now I know I'm disqualified....heh heh heh)

[quote name='wickedEdges']Originally from Toledo, Oh. I live in Alaska now, but I'm moving to Pittsburgh next spring! Do I still count? :(

*cough* Go Blue! *cough*

(now I know I'm disqualified....heh heh heh)[/quote]

You're from Toledo, so you're close enough that Michigan sympathizing is merely a misdemeanor and not punishable by death like it is elsewhere in the state. We understand that you can't help it. :p

Whereabouts in Toledo? My wife went to grad school there and just moved back. She lived in/near Holland by the University.

Meijer stores in Toledo area have "value software" in their Super sale flier for buy 1 get second for $1. Friday and Staurday only, sale starts at 6 am on Friday!

Nothing recently that is local. I was going to check out micro center for there half off used deal, but it sounded like shipwreck already cleared it out.:)

But, no nothing too great as of late.

We should have a local cag get together in Cincinnati. Either at Dave and Busters or Gameworks. D&B would work better for Dayton and Columbus Cags since its on the northside of cincy. Would be nice to trade games and have a meet and greet. Maybe even ship and ms. ship can come and get some feedback or record (probably would be terrible sound quality).

Make a post to let me know if your interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got used Wii's for $225 at the game haven but that's not really a killer deal. We also just got a used FF Tactics that's going for $40. We usually have pretty awesome black friday sales, i'll keep the thread posted when i know what they are as long as everyones fine with it (i hate to sound like i'm advertising but i can't help that i work in a game store).

do you think you guys will have any sales on zunes? I know alot of people are wanting to buy those for christmas, including zune30s so I would recommend that to the owner or manager of the place.

[quote name='jam3d']Nothing recently that is local. I was going to check out micro center for there half off used deal, but it sounded like shipwreck already cleared it out.:)

But, no nothing too great as of late.

We should have a local cag get together in Cincinnati. Either at Dave and Busters or Gameworks. D&B would work better for Dayton and Columbus Cags since its on the northside of cincy. Would be nice to trade games and have a meet and greet. Maybe even ship and ms. ship can come and get some feedback or record (probably would be terrible sound quality).

Make a post to let me know if your interested.[/QUOTE]

If you consider buying Two Worlds and Final Fantasy Tactics clearing Micro Center out... well, you're right, they didn't have much.

On another note, if I go to another bachelor party at Dave and Busters, I think I'm going to cash in my tickets and leave.

[quote name='radjago']Any good trade deals, JDN169?[/quote]

Right now we're running trade in two 360/wii/PS3 games for an extra $10 store credit. This includes pretty much any game (sans the burger king ones), even old sports titles. They must have their original cases and instructions though.

We're also doing Buy one get one on DVD's (no box sets or Blu Rays though).

And yesterday we had some neat PS1 trade ins including: a MINT GH FF7, an incomplete Suikoden 2, FF8, FF9, and Breath of Fire IV. We price in-line with ebay though so be warned.

Heh I figured I should post in this being from Ohio..South Of Columbus But it works. Figured I should actually post here. Been a member since May and just never felt a need to log in here

I was just at the Lennox Target in Columbus, buying some half-price Halloween Candy, and I thought I'd give a heads-up. They had the Warhawk bundle with headset for $30. I don't know if that's a good price at this point, though.

I saw at the Grove City Target: Ninja Gaiden 2 and Frontlines both on clearance. NG2 was 41 and Frontlines was 29.

Gears of War was on clearance at Target in Bridgewater falls for 27 bucks
They had lots of games on clearance like Warios game for DS for 14 bucks, FFTactics for psp 13 bucks, and some others.

BF:Bad Company was $34 there too.

[quote name='shipwreck']There's a lot of CAG's from Ohio. I live in southwest Columbus, but I work in Cincinnati so my shopping radius covers a large portion of the state. :)[/quote]

Wow, my dad does like the like exact opposite of you. Goes from Cincinnati up to Columbus (OSU) for work. And he gets most Fridays to work from home. So weird! haha.

[quote name='RanCham']Wow, my dad does like the like exact opposite of you. Goes from Cincinnati up to Columbus (OSU) for work. And he gets most Fridays to work from home. So weird! haha.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, I don't have to do that anymore as I live in Cincy now. I kind of miss that staying at home on Friday gig though.

Yeah I don't know how your or my dad do it. 3-4 hr trip in the car to and from work. I doubt I would be able to do that.

OK, finally got a black friday sales list for The Game Haven:

25% off used DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3, XB, 360, GC, and Wii games
NES, SNES, N64 games buy one get one (includes rare games)
Genesis games buy 2 get 3 free
10% off new games
10% off new accessories
used XBOX systems 39.99
Used PS2 systems 74.99
Used PSPs 99.99
25% off used accessories (controllers, etc)
50% off used strategy guides (normal price is 7.99)
25% off new strategy guides
Halo 3 Legendary edition 79.99 (have one left)
N64 systems 24.99
Wall scrolls 14.99
TV/Movie box sets 25% off
10% off D&D books
20% off board games
20% off magic packs
10% off magic singles
DVDs buy one get one free
Mini boosters 25% off
25% off card carrying accessories
20% off magic fat packs

I haven't checked in here even though I've been on the site almost 6 months. I'm in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland. The only current system I don't have (and don't want, really) is a PS3. Happy holidays and good luck on finding games on the cheap.

I picked up the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda 360 Pro game used at the local Parma Heights The Exchange (I still call it the Record Exchange) for $20 used. Not bad at all for $10 for each game.

Hey fellow Ohio CAG's!

Anyone in Columbus come across a cheap copy of Pure for the XBOX 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Clevelander here, Maple Hts (suburb)

Crying over missing out on that 40 buck SF4 arcade stick from barnes and Noble on here yesterday. Good Hunting Everyone!

happyone, check the Target clearance thread. I know it's been on clearance, but I couldn't say if there are any in the Columbus area.

[quote name='happyone']They canceled the orders for the $40 sf4 arcade stick![/quote]

I knew it was too good to be true :bomb:
I'm near Portsmouth here...I cover some of WV, KY and OH...

bread's done
Back