Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

For all northeast Ohioans. Gamecrazy in Berea, Ohio on Bagley Rd is closing. Nothing spectacular though. At least not yet. Only 10% off so far. Just waiting til that gets higher...

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I saw that too. Is it actually INSIDE of The Greene or is it in one of those run-down looking shopping centers down the street?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I haven't been down there to check it out yet. They do have a site up. It looks like they have a store in the Columbus area too.

http://capitalgames.net/

[quote name='kermit036']For all northeast Ohioans. Gamecrazy in Berea, Ohio on Bagley Rd is closing. Nothing spectacular though. At least not yet. Only 10% off so far. Just waiting til that gets higher...[/QUOTE]

Has anyone stopped by recently? I went by last week and I believe they were at 30% off. I wonder if it's going to be 40% off this week.

[quote name='Zann']Has anyone stopped by recently? I went by last week and I believe they were at 30% off. I wonder if it's going to be 40% off this week.[/QUOTE]

I also checked last week and they are up to 30%. They said the GameCrazy part is closing down this Thursday but will just move the stuff to the Hollywood video part. Sales should increase...I'll probably check back sometime this week.

FYI, the store in Willoughby(HWV/GC) won't be closing for another 4-5 weeks according to what they told me on the phone yesterday.

Also the HWV in Niles won't be closing for a long time since they said blank cases won't go from 10/$2 to 10/$1 for at least 4 weeks. :(

Anyone know if the Blockbuster on Graham and Darrow is closing? It's no longer listed on the BBV website.

Kmart in Wadsworth, OH is closing. Stopped in last week and games were 40% off. PSP Go was 20% off.

They didn't have any of the newest releases, but there were some decent titles. Unfortunately the starting price for most was $60.

I was just in Buybacks trying to make money and I noticed a copy of Amped for Xbox at the low, low price of $67.99, and Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions for PSX for $72.99. So if you've got a copy of either of those, I guess dump them. Although, I was told they pay no more than a dollar for old games, so I'm wondering if they gave someone a dollar for MGS and then marked it up to $73. I'd like to see that guy's reaction.

Not sure how long this is going on but It's About Games on Pearl Rd in Parma is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on all used games. The store is slightly over priced but this sale should offset that. I picked up DKC 2 & 3, and FF Disidia for about $34.

The K-mart in North Canton has Super Street Fighter 4 out early if anyone is interested. I picked up the 360 version, that had about 5 total. Not sure if the PS3 version is there, but it may be a safe bet.

Not really a deal, but just a heads-up if anyone wants it early.

Middletown, Ohio here.

Does anyone on here check the Lebanon Target store? I dont get there too often but I've heard that had some good clearance games recently. Can anyone confirm?

New CAG here, I live in southern Ohio near Portsmouth, however work alot in CBUS, my wife is from Mentor/Cleveland, so go up there alot to0. Former Otterbein grad aswell I have noticed a few of you on here.

Side note, Have any of you heard of the Grandview weekend outlets? They seem to mostly in southern Ohio, with one as far north as Circleville in the old Walmart building. They usaully pop in old Kroger or department store buildings. Apparently when items do not sell at Target they send them to a warehouse and sell palettes of old merchandise at auctions. These Grandview stores buys these items and turn around and sell them at their outlets, usually pretty cheap. I have found opened copies of COD MW2 for 14.99, PS3 Memory card adapters for 6.99-which were flipped on Amazon for 30 a piece, Various strategy guides for 2.99 and etc. Basically they go down to the Target auctions during the week and buy a whole bunch of palletts bring them back, throw the junk on the shelves ( I mean throw too!) and open on friday, sat and sun. When they open on Friday at 10 it is like shopping market sweep with a bunch of old ladies with carts trying to buy depends and crackers. Luckily for us, most do not go to buy games so you do not have to go right when they first open to get the best deals on games and electronics. They seem to have no pricing strategy as prices vary store to store. For example COW MW2 was 10 at some and 25 at others, I guess it depends on the knowledge of the associate at time they price it. I found many great Amazon flips in these stores, not just in video games as they carry everything that a Target carries. I have even found a coleman camping tent for 15 bucks that sells online for over 200!
*****Word of caution- alot of stuff is opened box returns so be sure to make sure it is complete or works-they let you plug in stuff to test as cash back returns are not an option.
The best part is sometimes you can even haggle the price with them!

Checked out a Grandview Weekend Outlet in Trotwood. Strange place. All they had gamewise was some 360 Guitar Hero WT for $10. Still, i'll check occasionally since it seems like what they have is entirely dependent on when you go.

[quote name='JDN169']Checked out a Grandview Weekend Outlet in Trotwood. Strange place. All they had gamewise was some 360 Guitar Hero WT for $10. Still, i'll check occasionally since it seems like what they have is entirely dependent on when you go.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of any of these any word on how to find out about them

Definitely YMMV, but in Northeast, OH, Marc's has the Dark knight "special Target DVD" (the one with the batmask) for $4.99. And they have lots of them!

[quote name='JDN169']Checked out a Grandview Weekend Outlet in Trotwood. Strange place. All they had gamewise was some 360 Guitar Hero WT for $10. Still, i'll check occasionally since it seems like what they have is entirely dependent on when you go.[/QUOTE]

Is this a flea market? I saw a video on Youtube of a game booth at a flea market in Huber Heights that looked decent.

I'm from Northeast Ohio, specifically Wooster. We have a Gamecrazy, which is attached to a Hollywood video. Both are doing 20-30% off all game liquidation deal. I'm hoping that things get cheaper as the deadline gets closer, as bad as that makes me feel to hope for. The Gamecrazy here was always a great alternative to Gamestop, which makes me sad to see it go.

Hey! I'm from Cleveland, about an hour west of Youngstown! Graduated from the U. of AKRON also; I consider myself representing two cities.

this thread's an oldie but a goodie.

[quote name='selu21']I'm from Northeast Ohio, specifically Wooster. We have a Gamecrazy, which is attached to a Hollywood video. Both are doing 20-30% off all game liquidation deal. I'm hoping that things get cheaper as the deadline gets closer, as bad as that makes me feel to hope for. The Gamecrazy here was always a great alternative to Gamestop, which makes me sad to see it go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. That one and the one from New Philly are both closing, and I am also kinda waiting for the next level (40-50%) at both stores. If you see it hit 40-50%, can you send me a PM?

Rocko34's post clued me into the Grandview place.

It's kind of like a ghetto Big Lots. Lots of random overstock and returns from other stores. Make sure you check the expiration dates if you buy food. I bought some boxes of mini chocolate bars for a quarter each only to discover they expired four years ago! Seems like it would be a good place to stop by every week of two.

Here's the link to their website with locations:

http://grandviewoutlets.com/

Also anyone looking for universal TV remotes should check meijers. I bought a Harmony 610 remote for $40 at the one in Beavercreek, i didn't see any more.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Thanks for posting this. That one and the one from New Philly are both closing, and I am also kinda waiting for the next level (40-50%) at both stores. If you see it hit 40-50%, can you send me a PM?[/QUOTE]

Will do. I'm probably going to start checking in at the start of each week until they close. I'll let you know if they drop prices if I see them.

Went to Grandview Outlet in Circleville today. Pretty different place ended up looking at both copies of MW2 for 30. One was ringed and the other looked pretty new. so I was happy overall gettting one of them

Not sure if anyone is from the Blacklick/Reynoldsburg/Gahanna area but I went into a little shop called Ultimate Video Game Connection off East Broad and was pretty impressed with their prices.

Picked up Mirror's Edge for PS3 for 7.99 and noticed a fair amount of other games similarly priced. Didn't check out their 360 selection but would imagine the pricing is similar.

[quote name='equality']Not sure if anyone is from the Blacklick/Reynoldsburg/Gahanna area but I went into a little shop called Ultimate Video Game Connection off East Broad and was pretty impressed with their prices.

Picked up Mirror's Edge for PS3 for 7.99 and noticed a fair amount of other games similarly priced. Didn't check out their 360 selection but would imagine the pricing is similar.[/QUOTE]
is this the new place ive heard about close by the target?

Just moved from Cleveland to Columbus. Moving makes you realize how much stuff you've accumulated over the years. That being said I have a few games and controllers that are just sitting in a box (ps2 and original xbox stuff).

Is it appropriate to post a list in this forum of the stuff I want to get rid of? I only ask because I was going to put everything on Craigslist but thought a CAG might want first crack at it.

[quote name='wgpfly']is this the new place ive heard about close by the target?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a real small place. Wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't driven by.

Looks like they opened up a Buybacks in Beavercreek behind Chilis where Rex used to be. Think i'll check it out today.

[quote name='work88']Just moved from Cleveland to Columbus. Moving makes you realize how much stuff you've accumulated over the years. That being said I have a few games and controllers that are just sitting in a box (ps2 and original xbox stuff).

Is it appropriate to post a list in this forum of the stuff I want to get rid of? I only ask because I was going to put everything on Craigslist but thought a CAG might want first crack at it.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the trading forum would be the place to post that, but you could certainly put a link to it on here. Craigslist will definitely give you a wider audience.

Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.

[quote name='JDN169']Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

The Beavercreek one is a lot bigger and has more stuff though. I like Buybacks, I find some pretty good stuff there sometimes. I went in there and bought Aladdin for the Genesis complete for only 5 bucks.

[quote name='JDN169']Stopped in Buybacks in Beavercreek, pretty much just like the one by the Dayton Mall.

I like Buybacks because they're generally cheap but they have the occasional game/movie that's ludicrously expensive for no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

This, it's incredibly hit or miss. The other day I found a Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Collector's Edition for $22 after I had just paid $17.99 for the standard edition at Gamestop. Not only that, Gamestop switched the copy I picked out with some beat-ass copy they had hidden behind the desk. But, I split the difference by picking up a Red Alert 3 for $6.99. Meanwhile, there's a VHS copy of Return of the Living Dead for $56.99.

One thing about them, though, is their standards are so high that I almost never trade there but I also never worry about buying from them, not only the discs but the cases as well. That's something I hugely appreciate, especially with Gamestop's new case-switching tactic.

But, alas, I still can't get over charging $45 for a barebones SNES, even if they're the only SNES in town.

I can think of 3 or 4 other places you can get SNES stuff around town, although all of them are charging something similar. Seeing as they go for about $40 shipped on ebay, craigslist, and other online stores, it's not so bad.

The Ultimate Video Game Connection store is mine :) If anyone from here goes in, you can get an extra 15 percent off any of the used games. Just mention that I (Sara) said you could get a CAG discount (or you can get 15 percent extra in trade, which is obviously good towards anything).

If you are interested in vintage stuff, be sure to ask if you can check out the back :)

[quote name='raregamergirl']The Ultimate Video Game Connection store is mine :) If anyone from here goes in, you can get an extra 15 percent off any of the used games. Just mention that I (Sara) said you could get a CAG discount (or you can get 15 percent extra in trade, which is obviously good towards anything).

If you are interested in vintage stuff, be sure to ask if you can check out the back :)[/QUOTE]

do you have a copy of red seeds profile for ps3 by any chance?:)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Just got an email from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
7593 Sawmill Rd., Dublin, OH
In the Kroger Marketplace Plaza
(614) 889-6991

[/FONT]

They are having a promo the 27-29th:

Applies to ALL used games, accessories, and game systems:

Spend 19.99 get $5 off
Spend 39.99 get $10 off
Spend 59.99 or more get $15 off

[quote name='evildeadjedi'][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Just got an email from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
7593 Sawmill Rd., Dublin, OH
In the Kroger Marketplace Plaza
(614) 889-6991

[/FONT]

They are having a promo the 27-29th:

Applies to ALL used games, accessories, and game systems:

Spend 19.99 get $5 off
Spend 39.99 get $10 off
Spend 59.99 or more get $15 off[/QUOTE]

Is that store any good? I work out at lifetime fitness right next door basically so I always see it, but I never go in.

[quote name='jacobeid']Is that store any good? I work out at lifetime fitness right next door basically so I always see it, but I never go in.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad at all, I have been there a few times and bought some items. Definitely, worth checking out since you're in the area.

I'll be here for a few more weeks until I head back to school. With most of my friends already back, I'll definitely have to check it out, even though my backlog is huge.

[quote name='jacobeid']I'll be here for a few more weeks until I head back to school. With most of my friends already back, I'll definitely have to check it out, even though my backlog is huge.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in there they had a mint Zelda Ocarina of Time in the case. I told one of the employees how me and a buddy used to believe his n64 would break due to how heavy the cartridge was (the thing is like a brick :lol:)They carry just about every game system plus new and used titles for wii, ps3, 360, used blu-rays and HDDVDs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigjunior']agreed!

Hey neighbor!! WC here[/QUOTE]

Hooray! I'm not the only one around here.

Springboro/Miamisburg here, until I go back to school.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back