OK, it's gotta be that time again - post your collection pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How the hell can some of you afford all these games? Either you're making 6 figures and spending it on nothing but games, or you have no bills at all, and spend all your money on games.[/QUOTE]

I've made a good amount of money from CAG, especially those clearance sales and good trade/used deals. And not having to spend money on a girl (no g/f and drunk girls & female friends fill in the gaps) or alcohol (rich friends) helps too.

[quote name='daroga']Now that we're all moved and I had a moment, I thought I'd take a few pics:

Gamecube & PS2
DS & GBx 1
GBx 2
GBx 3 & DS Lite, DS Phat, GBA SP
DVD Movies & TV 1
DVD TV 2 & Games
Entertainment Center (Receiver, GC & PS2 in the cabniet)[/QUOTE]

I love those custom GBA cases... almost makes me want to do some but I'm too lazy and not very OCD about it.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How the hell can some of you afford all these games? Either you're making 6 figures and spending it on nothing but games, or you have no bills at all, and spend all your money on games.[/QUOTE]

You should really ask EA for a raise.

I'm making a room of doom on DP, I hope to have it up tomorrow (FSU/UM game tonight bitches).

I figure I'll show some of my stuff. I've only got current gen stuff out, since I'm currently in a shitty studio apartment, and the rest of my stuff is back at my mother's place. Also, since I'm moving out of here in a little over a month, even a lot of my current gen stuff is packed away. Soooo:

Tiny entertainment center. 19" Sanyo (switcher on top), the systems are obvious, and top right shelf are the games in line to be played (with a portable DVD player behind them). The box in center has my controllers, pedals, and guns.

DVDs on the left; Games on the right. Whatever I could fit on the shelves are pictures here, the rest are boxed up (below).

GBA and DS games. Not pictured but currently used: Onyx GBA SP and Silver DS Phat.

[quote name='JRDad2']kinda old pics but, I'll probably update them soon too.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/JakeRyansDad/[/QUOTE]
just look at that collection!:
ME.jpg

Bringing this post back up, I finally took some pictures, although I still have more in the closet, I just don't have the room. Some things that aren't pictured are my consoles.... way too messy right now, might post tomorrow when they are straightened up. Also, Guitar Hero, Beat Mania, Donkey Konga, and my classic games.

As you can tell, I try to keep stuff in order... makes finding things easier as well as checking to see if something is missing because my brothers took it.

I would like to believe that this is an exclusive faceplate to the Gamestop/EB Games manager's conference just held this past weekend. Although you can't see it from the picture, on the bottom it says 2006 Vendor Show.

My little shake space that is left for DVDs. I am really running out of room :cry:

There are still many PS1 games not pictured, I just have mostly the 2 CD cases out. I am hoping to have more pictures in the next few days.

The first empty case is a free copy of Metroid Prime: Hunters that I got, I'm still looking for some boxart to go along with it, or some ink for my printer to make the art. The next 2 are the DS download stations (Volume 1 and 2). I'm working on getting a complete set.

And this is my TV. 37" LCD Westinghouse that does up to 1080p. I've been lazy as of late and haven't hooked up my computer to the screen yet, but am planning on doing that sometime. I'll also be ready for when the PS3 becomes available after X-mas (and the 360 update for 1080p). Picture is horrible through the camera, but it does come through really nice.

EDIT: Got the Links working correctly on pictures.

Now that my PS1 collection is complete, I guess I can post it. So far as I know, it includes every RPG ever released in the US. If you notice something missing, please let me know. And yes, I do plan on playing every single one of them (eventually).

CIMG0460.jpg

Almost all of my RPG's for PS1

CIMG0461.jpg

All the rest of the RPG's. These have the strategy guides. I'm working on getting guides for the other ones that I haven't played through yet.

CIMG0462.jpg

All the rest of my PS1 games.

I don't have pictures of the rest of my collection, since I took these pictures specfically to show off PS1. Perhaps I should just get my whole collection in a series of pictures. Maybe next time.

[quote name='MarkMan']If Monkey King is on there, I think Herc's Adventures and Alundra 2 should be on there as well. :)[/quote]

Alundra 2 is on there (first game of the first picture). Might have to look into Herc's Adventures.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Very impressive collection, Warner. Have you beaten all those RPGs, or do you just collect?[/quote]

Some I have beaten, most I haven't even played. In time I will beat them all, but that's a task that will take me years and years to accomplish. As of right now, I have probably beaten 7 of the RPG's and 12 of the other one's. I'm trying to make it to where I beat 1 RPG a month, but having 1 full time and 1 part-time job and a family makes that a little difficult. Possible, but difficult.

Playstation 2

SNES (many boxes to these games are in my closet)

NES (mostly loose carts)

GCN, NDS, and PSP

PSX, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Genesis and Dreamcast.

A shoebox full of GB, GBC, GBA, and Virtual Boy games (boxes in closet)

Unfortunately with the new generation coming there is going to be a lot of moving around.
These are cropped down, but my camera has high resolution (10.1MP) so it's possible to read all of the labels.

[quote name='allout1986']

I would like to believe that this is an exclusive faceplate to the Gamestop/EB Games manager's conference just held this past weekend. Although you can't see it from the picture, on the bottom it says 2006 Vendor Show.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I have the same faceplate. Pretty nifty.

Oh hey... one of these... I guess every gaming-related forum has to have one. Might as well post my pictures...

367263254_79876f8c3a.jpg

GameCube and Wii games. Not pictured are the Odama and Zelda Four Swords boxes. Wii Sports and a Naruto 2 Demo Disc is also there next to WarioWare Smooth Moves.

367241550_a6a443ac31.jpg

PS2 and DS games. That little case in the middle holds various memory cards and stuff.

All my gaming-related photos can be found at my Flickr. Have to re-organize everything sooner or later.

My Humble Collection:
Various odds and ends:

PA240072.jpg

Systems (most of them):
PA240073.jpg

Most of my games (cd's too)
PA240074.jpg

XBOX:
PA240075.jpg

PS2:
PA240076.jpg

Gamecube and more
PA240077.jpg

N64:
PA240078.jpg

PS1 and Dreamcast:
PA240079.jpg

NES:
PA240082.jpg

Handhelds:
PA240084.jpg

danito: nice collection, but you should really clean up your room to make it look better. Also a TV stand would be good too, but otherwise good collection.

[quote name='tenzor']danito: nice collection, but you should really clean up your room to make it look better. Also a TV stand would be good too, but otherwise good collection.[/quote]

Yeah, but it's tough because I have so much stuff. Does anyone have a good idea as to how to clean up the systems, or atleast make them look better there? Haha and yeah, I do need a TV stand.

[quote name='danito']Yeah, but it's tough because I have so much stuff. Does anyone have a good idea as to how to clean up the systems, or atleast make them look better there? Haha and yeah, I do need a TV stand.[/QUOTE]

Getting a rack is the best option... though getting a decent TV stand with some shelves on it would do the trick as well.

WOW!!! Some very impressive collections. Here's some pics of my gaming obsession.

MAMECab.jpg

MAME Arcade Cabinet bought from fellow CAG screwkick.

VideoGameConsolescomposit.jpg

VideoGameConsolesfull.jpg

Please excuse the boxes in the back, I'm still getting everything unpacked. And yes, G4 sucks!

VideoGamescenter.jpg

VideoGamesleft.jpg

VideoGamesright.jpg

75% of my collection. Missing Sega CD, GB, GBA, and Saturn games. They're in a box somewhere.

)-(

Beautiful collection, Havoc! I have about that many games, but nowhere near the display you do. My wife wants us to get some nicer shelves for everything, as what we have is a mishmash of cheap-ass furniture. Though I only have about 300 games in the living room, it's the console clutter that bugs her. I'll show her these pics as inspiration that you can have a bunch of systems and still look so fresh and so clean (clean).

[quote name='onacouch']Playstation 2

[/QUOTE]

Your PS2 collection looks like mine without fighting games...

But what kind of camera do you have? 10 megapixels seems a bit excessive, I recently bought a Powershot S2IS and I don't think a camera could get better...

i cleaned up just fo this

some old school games I managed to salvage
100_0189.jpg

100_0185.jpg

all my shit, mostly movies

100_0186.jpg

100_0191.jpg

where I do my gaming

[quote name='MarkMan']Nice XBR CRT! I have the same TV! What size is yours?[/QUOTE]
40" KV-40XBR800.

Got a good deal on it about five years ago. The picture quality is great, but the unit itself is enormous. And weighing in somewhere around 300 lbs. it's not the easiest thing to move.

)-(

Kudos to you Havoc for a very nice collection and lay out. i honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone with a decent sized collection have such a nice layout. My only question is this... are each of those consoles ready to operate? What I mean is, if I pop open the glass and press the power button, will they turn on or do you have to dig out the power cables to hook up the system you want to play first? Looks like there aren't any cables running from most of the systems, but perhaps that's most people's problem... having all the systems hooked up when they only play 1 or 2.

[quote name='Warner1281']My only question is this... are each of those consoles ready to operate? What I mean is, if I pop open the glass and press the power button, will they turn on or do you have to dig out the power cables to hook up the system you want to play first?[/QUOTE]
Good eyes! The system selector (on top of the vcr) can only handle up to seven systems. So the seven newest consoles will stay in that room, hooked up and ready to go. The six older consoles will be moved to another room once I'm finished setting it up. I spent several hours yesterday setting up the "retro" room, which has a 27" SDTV. Perfect for those classic consoles. Have you ever seen an NES on an HDTV? It aint pretty. But the biggest issue has to do with peripherals. The 3-D glasses for the Master System and light guns for all the others will not work on an HDTV. So in the end there will be two rooms, one for current gen and one for classic. And yes, they will all be hooked up and ready to operate. :D

)-(

A casio Exilim EX-Z1000 is my camera. It's labeled as 10.1MP, and I like the shots it takes. Auto focus works great and it takes pictures pretty quickly.

I got it from techtoysforless.com for 290.00 I think. it was over the summer.

Alright, I finally got some.

First, my entire "gaming section" of my room.
DSCN0696.jpg

View of my "entertainment center" (though I can hardly call it that, it's just a flatscreen Sony Wega 24" TV w/ a cheap Sony 5.1 sound system w/ DVD player and three game consoles).
DSCN0699.jpg

The consoles, up close:

DSCN0698.jpg

My two shelves (one entirely gaming, the other CDs/DVDs)

DSCN0700.jpg

Top of the gaming shelf (mostly boxes from games I don't want to ruin)

FSCN0703.jpg

PS2 games (1/2)

DSCN0704.jpg

PS2 games (2/2) and Wii/360 games

DSCN0705.jpg

GBA/DS games (uh...for some reason I can't condense these next few)
DSCN0706.jpg

PS1 games

DSCN0707.jpg

Guides

DSCN0710.jpg

[quote name='Mechanix']^jeez...what a waste[/quote]

What the hell was the point of this post? Are you that fucking starved for attention that you come into a thread such as this just to try and talk shit. Really shut the hell up and put your damn helmet back on.

[quote name='LostRoad']What the hell was the point of this post? Are you that fucking starved for attention that you come into a thread such as this just to try and talk shit. Really shut the hell up and put your damn helmet back on.[/QUOTE]

But it is a waste...do you really think he's played through all those games?

[quote name='SMMM']But it is a waste...do you really think he's played through all those games?[/quote]

I doubt that he has. Though I still don't see it as a waste. He clearly enjoys collecting them all, so for him it isn't a waste.

[quote name='cyrix`']Maybe he's a *gasp* collector? Let him be people...[/QUOTE]

Great Collection Simply Dave. Very impressive.

The Photo even has a a Cat in it, that's money right there.

[quote name='LostRoad']What the hell was the point of this post? Are you that fucking starved for attention that you come into a thread such as this just to try and talk shit. Really shut the hell up and put your damn helmet back on.[/quote]

calm down pal really you'll give yourself a heart attack.

I'm back with new collection pics. My collection isn't quite so shitty now. In fact, it's pretty damn 1337 AZN (Well, I like to think so.) I don't have as much stuff as a lot of people though simply because I'm hanging onto only the games that I need to have... not the mediocre or merely decent stuff. Anyway, here's the shit:

A picture of a door. How quaint.

entry.jpg

Actually, asshat, it is. See, when you open a door with a poster of Kokoro from DOA4 on it, you know you're about to enter a moderately fucked up place.

Well where's teh fucking games?

shelves.jpg

On teh fucking shelves. Like it's that difficult to comprehend.

Well, I need more detail. Show me that shelf on the left.

shelf1.jpg

That's the one with most of the games.

I still need more detail.

row1.jpg

Haven't opened Last Blade 2: Final Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Parasite Eve, or Parasite Eve 2

row2.jpg

Haven't opened Contra: Shattered Soldier, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, or Gradius V

row3.jpg

Haven't opened Tales of the Abyss, Valkyrie Profile 2, ESPGaluda, Final Fantasy X International, or Sega Ages Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box

row4.jpg

Haven't opened Mega Man Anniversary Collection (played the hell outta it on PS2), Splinter Cell: DA (Xbox), Wind Waker, or Paper Mario

row5.jpg

Haven't opened Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops or Ah! My Goddess The Movie (Yes, there's more games, not just teh Jap crap.)

Good enough for you?

No. Now the other shelf. And I wanna see more on those nonsense letters Jap games.

I'll have more on the Jap Crap later, more shelf!

shelf2.jpg

row6.jpg

Haven't opened Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy III, Mario & Luigi PiT, or Yoshi's Island DS

row7.jpg

Haven't opened any of Chrono Crusade, or Cowboy Bebop Remix Vols. 5 and 6

row8.jpg

Haven't opened Eureka Seven Vol. 1

row9.jpg

Haven't opened Gankutsuou Vol. 1

row10.jpg

Haven't opened any of Heat Guy J

Soo.... that's it? You just quit after the letter "H?"

Use some goddamned common sense, you shit-fuck. I need new shelves so that I can store all my stuff effectively. But for now... the closet!

Whoa whoa whoa! The closet? I'm sure you've got some skeletons in your closet... either that or 8 year old girls.

You're wrong on the first one, rectum pounder.

wholecloset.jpg

row11.jpg

Haven't opened any of Last Exile, My-Hime Vol. 5, Nadesico (EA) Vol. 3, Noein Vol. 1, any of Paranoia Agent, or any of Requiem From the Darkness

row12.jpg

Haven't opened Scrapped Princess Vol. 3, any of Tsukihime, or Vandread Vol. 1

carts.jpg

That's not all of my GBA games. There's some that are still in the box.

Then where are those?

You need to learn patience. I hope that someday your lack of patience results in you getting hit by a car.

row14.jpg

PC Boxes are there as well... as anyone with vision can see.

boxes.jpg

And... assorted other boxes. Ignore Time Crisis, I'm selling that.

So lik... those fuggin' Jap games you have.

Oh right. People ask about those because they don't know what the hell they are. Well... here's some pics:

importsfront.jpg

Row 1: Dodonpachi Daioujou, Espgaluda, Final Fantasy X International, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters XI
Row 2: Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, Mushihime-Sama, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Sega Ages Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box, Under Defeat
Row 3: Tales of Eternia, Last Blade 2: Final Edition, Shenmue II, Nintendo Puzzle Collection

Some stuff to note: Tales of Eternia and Shenmue II are European imports. ToE is the same thing as Tales of Destiny 2 on the PS1, except the PSP version is better. Sony decided we didn't need the game in the US, so I imported it from Europe. Shenmue II's English dub sounded like the Devil shouting at you. The European import of the DC version has English subtitles and Japanese voices. It's sad we don't see more of these fighters and shmups here because these are easily some of the most thrilling games to play. And because people really seem to like pics of imports:

importsback.jpg

Okay, so what do you play this shit on?

Why... these fine electronics:

TV.jpg

hardware.jpg

Currently hooked up would be the Playstation 2 via component cables, the Xbox 360 via component cables, the Wii via component cables, the Dreamcast via composite cables (gotta find something else) and the Oppo DV-981HD (fantastic DVD player by the way) via HDMI. I have an Xbox and a SNES that aren't pictured here. The Xbox was too fucking big so I threw it in the closet. I placed the SNES gently in the closet since it didn't try and oppress me with it's size and weight like the Xbox did. What a bastard.

OLOLOLOLOOLOL WTF is that POS TV LAWL.

What I've played games on for the last 9 years. Until recently:

LCD.jpg

Yeah, that's a mini-fridge to the left. I have Frappucino's in there because I'm classy.

I also have a computer, like most people outside of Azerbaijan:

complight.jpg

compdark.jpg

I built it myself. It's got an DFI Lanparty Ultra-D mobo, a Athlon 64 4000+, 2GB of OCZ Platinum RAM, a factory OC-ed XFX 7800GTX, and a Sound Blaster X-Fi. I'm prolly gonna swap out the video card next fall when DX-10 start to have a major presence.

Well this is some ghey shit:

figuresnboxes.jpg

You know, you're a mean person. If you were unborn, I'd abort you. I recommend that you euthanize yourself... which basically means, go kill yourself.

WIDESHOTS!!?!?

wideshot1.jpg

wideshot2.jpg

Aaaannnd.... that's it. The end of this epic journey that shall not be taken again until the Summer. The next things I'll be getting are a PS3 (of course) and an HT setup (with good components. You'll see.) Additional pics can be taken upon request. Phew, that took longer than I thought.

^^^Nice. Always a pleasure reading your collection tours. I have more stuff now than last time I posted this thread, but I'm such a slob it ain't worth takin' pictures of. Plus, I'm lazy.

[quote name='Trakan']Chacrana did you have the Oppo before the 360?[/QUOTE]

No, I got the Oppo after the 360. Why do you ask?

And for anyone who's wondering, the 981 is Oppo's new player that came out 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's a revised version of the 971 that does 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back