Oklahoma

Then let's bring it back. I believe Hastings is having a Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 sale this weekend on used games, cds, books & dvds. Went by today (picked up Transporter 3 BD for $22.99, cheaper than the 2-Disc SD) and was looking around. The dvds are already on the sale, but I guess the music and games aren't? I didn't see anything eye-popping for me though.

I think Hastings always has B2G1F1 they just don't advertise it in the circulars or signs. At least at the Stillwater Hastings I believe it's like that.

Norman could be the same way, I just don't go often enough to know. I've been twice in the past four or five months. It used to be B2G1 1 cent though right? I guess the economy has caused to bump it to a dollar.

Tulsa folks, are you getting a Half Price Books? And if so, where? The OKC store opens in May.

Also, what's up with your Game Exchanges being 1000% better then the OKC ones? Ours are outhouses compared to the one on Memorial (I think).

Today I went to GS for their B2G1 sale on used stuff. I had a short list of games I wanted, and the only GS with 3 from my list in stock was the one at Crossroads Mall in OKC. That place is sooo depressing, but if you want to find a GS that has lots of unsold games, that's your best bet.

[quote name='Molokai']Today I went to GS for their B2G1 sale on used stuff. I had a short list of games I wanted, and the only GS with 3 from my list in stock was the one at Crossroads Mall in OKC. That place is sooo depressing, but if you want to find a GS that has lots of unsold games, that's your best bet.[/QUOTE]

When i lived in norman, we used to go to crossroads mall for some ddr shenanigans....then we switched to cactus jacks. The last time I went to that mall... anchor stores were being moved and/or liquidated. I stopped into that gamestop and they didnt have anything. That mall is just straight up depressing in general.. :(

[quote name='Brainwave0']Tulsa folks, are you getting a Half Price Books? And if so, where? The OKC store opens in May.

Also, what's up with your Game Exchanges being 1000% better then the OKC ones? Ours are outhouses compared to the one on Memorial (I think).[/QUOTE]

According to their website, Tulsa is not expected to get a Half Price Books.

And I have no idea why our Game Exchange's are better. I haven't been to one in ages and I've never been to one in OKC. Maybe the people who run the one at Memorial enjoy working there.

I travel from OKC to Norman all the time and if I have to take a leak at the halfway point, I always stop by Crossroads.

It is a clear example of folks planning big but it not panning out. It is too pretty a mall to deserve its fate.

By the way, I cleared out the May Ave. Big Lots in OKC. They still have a Stranglehold and there might be one or two of the more obscure titles still in stock, but good luck.

The Big Lots on I-240 near Crossroads was the only one with tons of anime last I checked. Anime detailed in the Big Lots thread on the main forum.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I travel from OKC to Norman all the time and if I have to take a leak at the halfway point, I always stop by Crossroads.[/quote]

This cracked me up for some reason! Maybe the thought of you stopping to take a leak on Crossroads.:applause:

Anyone have any luck finding the following?

Target:
FFIV [DS] $4.98 (or any price for that matter, disappeared from the Tulsa stores before it clearanced)
Lock's Quest [DS] $4.98 (same, disappeared before clearanced)

KMart:
Super Robot Taisen [GBA] $5.99

I'm sure there are others, but those are the most recent ones I haven't been able to find and really wish I could.

Tulsa 21st and Yale Target had some clearance games I havent seen there before.

Quantum of Solace PC for $21
Two Worlds Epic Edition for $14

Also, anyone know where they hide the PC stuff at the 21st and Sheridan Big Lots? Last time I was in there they didn't have any in the usual place.

Update: Found out that they are keeping the PC games in the case up front. I guess that store has a bit of a shoplifting problem. Also discovered that they get trucks every other friday. This friday is a delivery day, so I think its a good possibility you'll find some new stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for a month-old bump.

Anyone have any luck on the BB $10 sale? I'm down in a Norman without a car right now but knew a friend going to the BB on 75 in tulsa (he was going to go anyway, i just called at the right time) and from what he said it was mostly cleaned out (PS3 wise).

I picked up Too Human. The one on Skelly had plenty of most of the titles on the list. I got there about half an hour after opening. There were a handful of dudes walking around with large stacks of games in their hands. One guy in particular looked almost methodical about how he was grabbing stuff. I think the only one I didnt see that I was interested in was Silent Hill on 360.

I also managed to grab Chinatown Wars for $20, of which they had plenty as well.

I'm only interested in Pure 360 and MAYBE QoS for 360. I guess I could find the time to drop in Crossroads, but I'd rather just save my money.

Needless to say, Quail Springs and North May Ave are kaput.

On a related note, North May's Big Lots finally got the latest shipment of PC games. If you've been following the Big Lots thread, then you should know what to expect. It took them fricken ages though compared to Crossroads and Norman's BL.

[quote name='Trace17']Time for a month-old bump.

Anyone have any luck on the BB $10 sale? I'm down in a Norman without a car right now but knew a friend going to the BB on 75 in tulsa (he was going to go anyway, i just called at the right time) and from what he said it was mostly cleaned out (PS3 wise).[/quote]

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm only interested in Pure 360 and MAYBE QoS for 360. I guess I could find the time to drop in Crossroads, but I'd rather just save my money.

Needless to say, Quail Springs and North May Ave are kaput.

On a related note, North May's Big Lots finally got the latest shipment of PC games. If you've been following the Big Lots thread, then you should know what to expect. It took them fricken ages though compared to Crossroads and Norman's BL.[/quote]

If you guys need me to look for anything/pick anything up, just let me know. I live in Norman and now work for Locke Supply at their corporate offices (I can see Crossroads from the parking lot). The Norman BB yesterday afternoon seemed to have quite a bit.

Yesterday the Crossroads Best Buy had plenty of QoS for 360. They are by the wall in front of the registers and appear to still be there since they weren't marked with the yellow sticker.

You can pricematch at WalMart, but you may run into some trouble depending on the employee. Since most games aren't pictured in Best Buy's ad, you will need to get the employee to call Best Buy and do a price check. It seems some stores will call other retailers without any hassles, but others won't. Good luck.

Also, if you missed out on Valkyria Chronicles at Game Stop for $30, it's in Game Stop's weekly ad online. Just print it and take it to Wal Mart. Keep in mind that not all WMs have VC in stock. Check online first.

Anyone else check out Play N Trade in Edmond? It's over there on 33rd and broadway. Fairly small but they had a few good retro items, and none of the ad crap littering the place like Gamestop.

None of my Wal-marts that I actually get to have Pure in stock according to the website, so I'm not bothering. There isn't anything else in the $10 sale that I don't already have.

If anyone lives near Okmulgee (I think thats how you spell it), my friend owns a big dvd and game store. He has new and old generation games, the store name is SuperDealsVideo. Just thought I would give you guys the heads up.

[quote name='toocool17']If anyone lives near Okmulgee (I think thats how you spell it), my friend owns a big dvd and game store. He has new and old generation games, the store name is SuperDealsVideo. Just thought I would give you guys the heads up.[/quote]

Where is that store located? I've been to a store in Okmulgee before that had a pretty good selection of movies and older games, but I don't remember the name.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Where is that store located? I've been to a store in Okmulgee before that had a pretty good selection of movies and older games, but I don't remember the name.[/QUOTE]

The address is: 407 w. sixth st. okmulgee ok 74447

Yea his store has a big inventory, he said the other day he has like 200,000 disc he needs to start moving soon. The owner's name is Rob, he is usually always up there.

Went by the West Tulsa Target today and they had 3 copies of Bully left for $10 and a Company of Heroes for $15. Also saw a copy of Crisis Core on clearance but didnt notice the price.

Just saying "Hey" to fellow OK CAGs. I've been in the Owasso area for about a year and a half. I have picked up some good deals at the 21st Sears and 21st Kmart, but the well has run dry lately.I did plunder the Hollywood Video in Owasso a few months back during their big sale. MvC2 on xbox for $3.99. A moment of silence for the good deals................. /moment

71st and Garnett Target had Company of Heroes GOTY for $4.98 x 2 and a single copy of Gold Edition for $7.48 that I almost grabbed but passed on which I thought of the stack of game deals I've grabbed over the last few months, most of when are still wrapped in plastic.

Besides, it's inevitable to show up on a Steam weekend deal for $5.

haha pdwayne, so you picked up the other MvC2! It's was a bitch to get an employee to honor that 3.99 deal at that store. That was, however, one of the most epic deals I've taken part of.

Just a heads up to anyone around the Norman area. Toys R Us has a clearance bin with some pretty decent games for 9.98. I ended up picking up:

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow - PSP
N+ - PSP
TNA Wrestling - 360
Lost Planet Colonies - 360

They had a couple other games I thought were decent deals but I can't remember specifics.

+1 to the Oklahoma City area. Just moved from San Diego. How hard is it finding deals out here? In San Diego, the deals were usually hoarded within minutes of it being posted. I gave up on looking for anything after a while.

[quote name='Warner1281']+1 to the Oklahoma City area. Just moved from San Diego. How hard is it finding deals out here? In San Diego, the deals were usually hoarded within minutes of it being posted. I gave up on looking for anything after a while.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! As you can see, we're not too busy over here. Depending on the store depends on how fast things go. If I remember right the $10 titles at BB went fast, and I think stores closer to OU tend to sell out faster. Then again, I'm not entirely sure. I've been out of OKC area for a few months now (in Tulsa).

I just wish we'd get a frickin Fry's up in here!

Warner ?!?!?

From the BBV thread ???!?!?

Dude, I cannot tell you how much I benefitted from some of your posts in the BBV thread a year or two ago. I look at my collection of games and DVDs and realize I probably paid around 20 or 25 cents on the dollar for most stuff thanks to BBV's crazy trade in prices. Of course it has gone to shit, but from the bottom of my heart thank you !!!!

Glad to have you here in OKC !!!

Sam's club on 71st in tulsa has Little Big Planet for $27.81 and Guitar Hero: Metalllica for $27.81. Mirror's Edge was still $18.xx (all PS3, didn't look at any 360).

At 71st/HW169 Target I also saw GH:WT for $14.xx and NCAA Football 09 for $7.48 (Both PS3). Not bad. Endwar was still $44 though.

Just got Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce for 9.98 from my Target in Norman. Saw some others there too. Patapon 2 for 13.98, Chronicles of riddick for 27.98, and Dead space for 20.98. There were some others but didn't check. Good luck!

I was at the Norman Super Target-- just picked up the last copy of Patapon 2 for $4.98. It was in a different clearance section! I was looking for it in the usual spot but only found it by chance! They had one copy of Fitty's PS3 game on clearance, as well as many copies of a few titles for 360 and DS.

For casual PC gamers, World of Goo was $7.48! I thought about picking that up, but didn't.

Game Crazy in Broken Arrow is closing. A friendly worker there told me they are supposed to go 50% off Sunday 10/18 and 80 I think two weeks after that. I haven't cross-referenced this with the GC thread in VG deals so if something is wrong forgive me.

As to their stock, pretty wiped out on popular titles but still a lot of older catalog stuff left. 30% just won't cut anything enough to sell those but I would consider several purchases at 80%, maybe 50%. Too bad I was only up here for the weekend.

Just checked out the Stillwater Wal-Mart on Perkins. They're selling The Rock Band Unplugged PSP 3000 bundle for $139.00, which was mentioned in the Deals forum. There are six more packs there if anyone's interested.

i have not been following things for a long time....

Wal-Mart on Perkins (Stillwater) has Chibi Robo DS and Fire Emblem for $10 each.

Is this a good deal? They had a few copies of each.

I just moved to Norman recently... and I live pretty much right across from the Norman Super Target. Got some friends that work there in electronics and give me a lot of intel about what's there and what the prices are, so maybe I can help.

[quote name='HydroX']I just moved to Norman recently... and I live pretty much right across from the Norman Super Target. Got some friends that work there in electronics and give me a lot of intel about what's there and what the prices are, so maybe I can help.[/QUOTE]

Very cool! If you get word of any decent clearance 360 games, I would definitely be interested in a head's up.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back