Oklahoma

Circuit City in Norman had 5-6 copies of Eternal Sonata for $17. Didn't see much else to note, but wasn't really looking either.

Vintage Stock in Norman is now open (opened last Saturday I think). Video Game selection is rather slim in the way of anything worthwhile. Had a gold copy of Majora's Mask though...

Found a copy of MGS: Twin Snakes on sale for $10 at Blockbuster at 31st and Yale. SWEET!

Few other $10 games there but mostly old sports games and Bulletwitch.

[quote name='Armenius']Vintage Stock in Norman is now open (opened last Saturday I think). Video Game selection is rather slim in the way of anything worthwhile. Had a gold copy of Majora's Mask though...[/quote]

Is it over in the Target shopping center? I might try and stop by sometime.

[quote name='Trace17']Is it over in the Target shopping center? I might try and stop by sometime.[/quote]

It's past the Target shopping center. Keep going past Circuit City in fact. By the way, I got an e-mail coupon for 20% off any used item for signing up for their online newsletter. Coupon expires August 30th.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']It's past the Target shopping center. Keep going past Circuit City in fact. By the way, I got an e-mail coupon for 20% off any used item for signing up for their online newsletter. Coupon expires August 30th.[/quote]

In the same area as the new Qdoba and Wing Stop. The first is open and wonderful (if you want two "B1G1 Entrees" coupons go to Boomer or Sooner bookstore and nab a few of their coupon books -- dollar bill pattern on the front -- I took 5 :D). The later is opening soon and likely to be a second home to me :roll:.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']It's past the Target shopping center. Keep going past Circuit City in fact. By the way, I got an e-mail coupon for 20% off any used item for signing up for their online newsletter. Coupon expires August 30th.[/quote]

Oh okay thanks. I figured it was over that way somewhere.

[quote name='Armenius']In the same area as the new Qdoba and Wing Stop. The first is open and wonderful (if you want two "B1G1 Entrees" coupons go to Boomer or Sooner bookstore and nab a few of their coupon books -- dollar bill pattern on the front -- I took 5 :D). The later is opening soon and likely to be a second home to me :roll:.[/quote]

Yeah, I went to one in Indianapolis last year and it was pretty good. And by ironic chance, I received a coupon book today. Haven't looked through it yet, but now I will:D

[quote name='Trace17']Oh okay thanks. I figured it was over that way somewhere.

Yeah, I went to one in Indianapolis last year and it was pretty good. And by ironic chance, I received a coupon book today. Haven't looked through it yet, but now I will:D[/quote]

Had some other nice coupons in there, but the Qdoba was the winner. Apparently it's a "Fall 2008" edition, so here's hoping I can use these all year long.

Finally managed to snag a decent clearance deal at a Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart off of I-240 in OKC has several games in its glass cases that were all marked for $14.00.

I picked up the following:
DS Chibi-Robo Park Patrol (several copies still left... been waiting a while for this to drop!)
DS Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop (none left)

Passed on the following:
DS Shiren the Wanderer (several of these, but I already have a copy)
DS Master of Illusion (several left)
360 Project Sylpheed (few left)

There were other games as well, but nothing that really interested me, so I can't really recall what else they had.

Tulsa target clearances
81 / hwy 69 had
Left brain - right brain ds
Guild Wars: Game of the Year - 14.98
Lost PC - 9.98
Transformers - 9.98
Lost Odyssey - 29.98 (Im waiting for 14.98, but I doubt I'll see it).
Nitro Bike Wii - 14.98

This store also had about 10 wiis and 1 wii fit.

21st/yale target had
Scene it 29.98
GTA4 SE - 44.98 (and like 9 copies of it)

I wasn't near the 71/hwy 169, so I didnt get a chance to check that place yet.

Also, we are getting another gamestop in that shopping center off of 81st.

EDIT: This store is now open as of today. Clean and organized. Disappointed i didnt get a fier in the mail though. I just happened to stop by on my way home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dyeknom']21st/yale target had
Scene it 29.98
GTA4 SE - 44.98 (and like 9 copies of it)[/quote]As of noon today, there were 3 Scene-Its left and 7 GTAIV SEs (4 in the clearance corner, 3 locked in the case).

Also, many PC games were clearanced, but were not moved to the corner, they were left on the shelf in the PC games section. Only one I recall is Guild Wars Factions for $20.98.

[quote name='dyeknom'] Also, we are getting another gamestop in that shopping center off of 81st.

EDIT: This store is now open as of today. Clean and organized. Disappointed i didnt get a fier in the mail though. I just happened to stop by on my way home.[/quote]We've also got a new GameStop at the new shopping area at 71st/HW75. It opened today. It faces Ross, Dress-for-Less (or whatever that store's called).

[quote name='eugaet']
We've also got a new GameStop at the new shopping area at 71st/HW75. It opened today. It faces Ross, Dress-for-Less (or whatever that store's called).[/quote]

That is the same one, it's technically off of Olympia and Town Centre or Towne Square, I forget. It runs between 81st and 71st off of hw75. That's the one I went to, it has a great selection for this upcoming b2g1 sale. I only stopped on my way, I'll be in Dallas for the weekend.

[quote name='dyeknom']That is the same one, it's technically off of Olympia and Town Centre or Towne Square, I forget. It runs between 81st and 71st off of hw75. That's the one I went to, it has a great selection for this upcoming b2g1 sale. I only stopped on my way, I'll be in Dallas for the weekend.[/quote]Oh, right. You were just talking about the 71st/HW169 area in the previous sentence so I thought you were talking about a new one off of HW169.

No Lost Odysseys around, but I did pick up a Scene it. There were a bunch of Grid, Bourne and Burst Limit in the Tulsa Hills shopping center. They also had one Scene it left. Nothing else worthy of note, tbh.

Anyone seen any more of those Logitech USB mics on clearance at Target? Seeing as I can't get the Wiii RB1 mic to work w/ GH:WT, I'm wishing I bought one when I saw them on clearance many months ago.

The one in the new shopping center had two logitec mice. I picked up one on monday, but they still had the laser mouse. I think it was 9.98

According to the Circuit City website, the only closing store in OKC and Tulsa is the one on Northwest Expressway in OKC. Anyone hear anything different, please post.

[quote name='Brainwave0']According to the Circuit City website, the only closing store in OKC and Tulsa is the one on Northwest Expressway in OKC. Anyone hear anything different, please post.[/quote]

[quote name='4tygames']The CC in Norman is closing as well, which is sad since it is a brand new store that opened up last year.[/quote]

I was just at the CC on NW Expressway last week. That store has always been kinda crappy. I am very surprised (and upset) that the one in Norman is closing. It just opened less than a year ago.

[quote name='eugaet']Anyone seen any more of those Logitech USB mics on clearance at Target? Seeing as I can't get the Wiii RB1 mic to work w/ GH:WT, I'm wishing I bought one when I saw them on clearance many months ago.[/quote]

[quote name='dyeknom']The one in the new shopping center had two logitec mice. I picked up one on monday, but they still had the laser mouse. I think it was 9.98[/quote]

Actually, I was looking for mics, not mice. ;) I saw some at the HW75/71st Target a long while ago, but didn't buy any.

I got the RB1 mic to work w/ GH:WT, though, so I'm no longer looking. Thanks, though.

On the CC thing, I was very surprised both Tulsa locations are staying open.

[quote name='4tygames']The CC in Norman is closing as well, which is sad since it is a brand new store that opened up last year.[/quote]

Seriously?!? That's terrible...I've actually done a lot of shopping there with the usual $10 GC deal with new releases, but I haven't really ever noticed many people there. Best Buy is usually packed, and I've had several really bad experiences with that one as well.

That's really a downer... :cry:

[quote name='eugaet']Actually, I was looking for mics, not mice. ;) I saw some at the HW75/71st Target a long while ago, but didn't buy any.
[/quote]

Ohhh I'm an idiot :)

And CC, none in Tulsa are closing (shocked about the 41st one not closing), but there are a handful in N. Texas closing too, on top of the OKC and Norman store.

[quote name='Armenius']Seriously?!? That's terrible...I've actually done a lot of shopping there with the usual $10 GC deal with new releases, but I haven't really ever noticed many people there. Best Buy is usually packed, and I've had several really bad experiences with that one as well.

That's really a downer... :cry:[/quote]

There have only been 2 times that I have seen the Norman CC crowded: at the grand opening (which there was somebody there signing autographs), and a couple of days ago when they started the liquidation.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']There have only been 2 times that I have seen the Norman CC crowded: at the grand opening (which there was somebody there signing autographs), and a couple of days ago when they started the liquidation.[/quote]

Isn't it ridiculous how people were going freakin' nuts for a pidly 10% off. Don't they realize that shit will only get cheaper?

[quote name='Brainwave0']Isn't it ridiculous how people were going freakin' nuts for a pidly 10% off. Don't they realize that shit will only get cheaper?[/quote]

Guess I should be paying attention to that thread for the 40% liquidation. I'm usually over that way once a week or so for Wing Stop or the like, so I'll check around and post any finds. It's a shame that most of the decent stuff will have already been picked over by that point (and sadly anything worth buying at 10% (TVs, etc.) is probably cheaper online anyway).

I can't believe this Norman store is closing too. I figured surely they would close 41st before that, the 4 times I have been in the one at 41st I have been the ONLY one in the store. Not kidding.

Now that they are liquidating, everything picked over? Dvds? I doubt that have any game consoles left...

[quote name='Trace17']I can't believe this Norman store is closing too. I figured surely they would close 41st before that, the 4 times I have been in the one at 41st I have been the ONLY one in the store. Not kidding.

Now that they are liquidating, everything picked over? Dvds? I doubt that have any game consoles left...[/quote]

I wasn't really looking for systems, but the only ones I remember seeing were PS2s. Games being 10% off is worthless, cause I've already got the Gamer's Club card. DVDs at 20% off is nothing special, since Deep Discount's got 25% off right now (and is already cheaper before discounts on most stuff). There's not going to be anything left when the liquidation hits 40% or higher.

That is how CompUSA was, man. The only thing that was left by 40% were some fixtures, last years sports games still tagged at full price and like a few TVs still hovering at 20%. 10% is barely getting no-tax... why not save and use the tax-free weekend when they actually have deals + no tax, is what i always wondered.

[quote name='dyeknom']That is how CompUSA was, man.[/quote]That liquidation was a joke. As will this one, I bet.

The only thing I picked up from CompUSA was a Turtle Beach Ear Force D2 for my DS. Best DS headset I've ever had. I think it was 20% off when I bought it, decided that was enough. It wouldn't have lasted on the shelf much longer had I left it and I really wanted one.

Yeah the compusa was pretty terrible. I figured the CC big items were gone, which really doesn't make sense because on CC's regular price on stuff, a 20% discount might bring it down to actual street prices, hence why I haven't gone yet. Probably won't find anything anyway.

Welcome!

I've heard Fye (Transworld to be exact) is closing some stores. Anyone know if the ones in Promenade in Tulsa and Penn Square in OKC are closing? I was at the Tulsa one about two weeks ago and saw nothing about them closing and what not. But I haven't been to that Suncoast in Penn Square in about a year.

yo everyone. im from coweta and im working at the cc on 71st street. its my last week there before i go work at wall mart. everyone should know that cc is closing. i heard my manager talking to the liquidator that my store is going to be getting shippments in from other cc stores that werent selling well and a lot of stock from the warehouse the next few days. i thought i would pass that around. oh by the everyone thats checking can perform manager price adjustments....wink wink
i might be able to help a few cags in tulsa if anybody replies before i leave cc.
: p

indnclc, is there anything left thats good like L4D or MS points cards? I went nuts over the holidays and picked up lots of stuff with all the sales.

[quote name='indnclc']
i might be able to help a few cags in tulsa if anybody replies before i leave cc.
: p[/quote]

What do we need to do? :)

[quote name='indnclc']i might be able to help a few cags in tulsa if anybody replies before i leave cc.
: p[/QUOTE]

I saw that they ran a pre liquidation sale, but I decided to wait on the small laptop harddrive... since mine is completely dead. I might have to stop by if you are working tomorrow :)

Are the Wii point cards cleared out at both Tulsa CCs?

Also, did any of you Tulsa-area CAGs pick up some extra Mass Effect strat guides during any of the recent drops? Don't care if it has the art book or not.

Damnit, Eugaet! I was hoping you had scored some ME LE guides so I could get some from you. I was specifically looking for that and Fable 2 LE. But then, I guess so was just about everyone else.:cry:

Haha, I was looking for the Fable 2 LE and some of the other 360 RPG guides too.... but they were either pulled or something, because I hadn't seen a single one (even the fallout 3 LEs were gone). They had the other guides, though... so I'm doubting they were pulled for compacting.

If anybody was looking for Spore and missed out, I grabbed an extra.
Im just glad I lucked out more than the gamestop drops, couldn't get a single guide (extremely disappointing).

Very Strange.

I went into local CC at Quail in Okla City Monday morning at opening. All of the Blu-rays that were there Saturday (hundreds) were gone. I thought maybe somebody had come in and bought them all. Asked worker and he said they boxed up ALL blu-rays to send back to distribution center. They were in the midst of packing up all video games over 19.99 for the same reason. I pulled one still on the shelf with tag of 49.99 and asked if i could buy it (wasn't going to, just curious) and he said no, nothing over 19.99 could be sold. So i don't know what is going on, but basically all of the blu-rays and video games of consequence have been removed....

[quote name='soonerdoc']Very Strange.

I went into local CC at Quail in Okla City Monday morning at opening. All of the Blu-rays that were there Saturday (hundreds) were gone. I thought maybe somebody had come in and bought them all. Asked worker and he said they boxed up ALL blu-rays to send back to distribution center. They were in the midst of packing up all video games over 19.99 for the same reason. I pulled one still on the shelf with tag of 49.99 and asked if i could buy it (wasn't going to, just curious) and he said no, nothing over 19.99 could be sold. So i don't know what is going on, but basically all of the blu-rays and video games of consequence have been removed....[/quote]

Aw crap. Thanks for the info, I was thinking about heading up this weekend to scout out the Blu-ray section. That's ridiculous. The Norman CC had all their blu-rays until they locked up the last day. They still had a lot left when they were 60% off last December (before I got a BD player, unfortunately).

Are Tulsa CC's ridding themselves of video games and blu-rays? If not I've got a friend that can get stuff for me - I hope. And if they're cheap enough.

This Circuit City issue could be caused by the fact that the initial liquidation in December was done by a liquidator working for CC. From what I understand, CC has sold off everything to the liquidator. It would make sense that they ship the product to locations more likely to sell it.

I just got back from the CC on 71st in Tulsa. It's very slim pickings there now, and they have signs saying the doors are closing for good on Feb 16th...

They do have some Blu-Rays there, as well as a decent number of video games (way more than the 41st location does), but nothing worth noting. There was one xbox 1 month card left, but that was all on points cards.

Oh, also, the player's guides are now 50% off. I remember seeing dead space, mass effect, gta iv, mario kart, and a few others. So, instead of $20 they are $10. They were also moved to the top shelf above the DS games.

The 41st and Yale CC is barren now, a few CDs/DVDs left, but almost no games left. Guides I remember were Fallout, GTAIV, RSV2, Mario Kart, and a ton of the MGSIV and Spore guides. All the good games are gone.

bread's done
Back