Oklahoma

Stopped by the CC on I-240, but no Excite Truck (or Wiis). Forgot to check for Trauma Center (not for me, just for you guys).

Went to the CC in Norman at around 6:00 p.m. Picked up a copy of Excite Truck (there was still at least 1 left; I didn't go digging, so there could be more). Also saw 1 copy of Trauma Center (again, didn't go digging, so there could be more). I took Excite Truck up to the counter and asked the cashier, "I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you guys have any Wiis?" He said, "I think we've got at least 5 left." He went to the back and got me one and then said, "there were actually 9 back there. We got in a shipment of 51 for today."

As of 6:00 p.m., the Norman CC had 8 or 9 Wiis, at least 1 Excite Truck, and at least 1 Trauma Center. Holy crap, I finally have a Wii!:bouncy:

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Stopped by the CC on I-240, but no Excite Truck (or Wiis). Forgot to check for Trauma Center (not for me, just for you guys).

Went to the CC in Norman at around 6:00 p.m. Picked up a copy of Excite Truck (there was still at least 1 left; I didn't go digging, so there could be more). Also saw 1 copy of Trauma Center (again, didn't go digging, so there could be more). I took Excite Truck up to the counter and asked the cashier, "I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you guys have any Wiis?" He said, "I think we've got at least 5 left." He went to the back and got me one and then said, "there were actually 9 back there. We got in a shipment of 51 for today."

As of 6:00 p.m., the Norman CC had 8 or 9 Wiis, at least 1 Excite Truck, and at least 1 Trauma Center. Holy crap, I finally have a Wii!:bouncy:[/quote]

Nice :D

I didn't get to check the Norman CC. By the time we were back to Norman yesterday, going anywhere else would've meant a night on the couch.

After searching Targets around here and from the other responses, I've determined I'm not getting Folklore for $15 anytime soon. Oh well, I can wait.

I was really surprised that they still had that many Wiis that late in the day. There are still so many people on Craigslist trying to scalp Wiis in this area, so I figured there was almost no chance of finding one.

I camped out overnight for one on launch just for the experience, but never would've guessed how hard they still are to find. Though honestly, they aren't too hard to track down if you know the dates and times stores will receive them.

[quote name='Armenius']I camped out overnight for one on launch just for the experience, but never would've guessed how hard they still are to find. Though honestly, they aren't too hard to track down if you know the dates and times stores will receive them.[/quote]

I was glad I preordered.

[quote name='soonerdoc']edmond supertarget had ninja gaiden sigma and folklore for 14.98 and jericho for 12.78 all for PS3[/quote]

I would happily pay you $40 for NGS and Folklore. Or we can work something else out if you'd rather, either way >.> PM me.

[quote name='Armenius']I would happily pay you $40 for NGS and Folklore. Or we can work something else out if you'd rather, either way >.> PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

The Best Buy in Midwest City had a cart in their center aisle with the message "All games on this cart 50% off." There wasn't really much the jumped out at me, but they did have 3 copies of Front Mission DS. I snagged one of those, so it ended up being $17.49 + tax. Not too bad if you didn't pick this game up when Gamestop had it on sale for $20 late last year.

[quote name='CS_Mike']The Best Buy in Midwest City had a cart in their center aisle with the message "All games on this cart 50% off." There wasn't really much the jumped out at me, but they did have 3 copies of Front Mission DS. I snagged one of those, so it ended up being $17.49 + tax. Not too bad if you didn't pick this game up when Gamestop had it on sale for $20 late last year.[/quote]

Picked up GrimGrimoire for $20 a few days ago from the MWC BB.

And I officially need to stop buying games and start beating them :p

[quote name='Armenius']And I officially need to stop buying games and start beating them :p[/quote]

QFT .... I've got more games in the wing than I've got time to play them.

[quote name='Brainwave0']QFT .... I've got more games in the wing than I've got time to play them.[/quote]I had to stop going to stores so I wouldn't buy any more games until I beat some. I skipped the last few days of teh comp usa sale even simply because the last thing I need are more games. Esspecially considering I have all the games I really want, so anything else is really just wasted money at this point.

I wish the Target here would put NGS on sale for 14.98, even though I also need to quit purchasing games until I finish the 3 I haven't touched yet and wanted to before Brawl.

[quote name='dyeknom']I wish the Target here would put NGS on sale for 14.98, even though I also need to quit purchasing games until I finish the 3 I haven't touched yet and wanted to before Brawl.[/quote]

NGS?????????

Some FYIs for Tulsans.

The Target @ HW75 and 71st is open. Too new to have any clearance stuff, but they did have 5 copies of Guild Wars: Eye of the North for the reported $9.99 and 4 copies of LotR Battle for Middle Earth II for PC for the same price.

A new Best Buy is going in at that same shopping center.

Checked the Hollywood Video at the SW corner of 81st and Harvard during lunch. It closes in 4 days (which I think would be at the end of the day Saturday, unless they're counting wrong). Everything left is 70% off. Previously viewed movies are $4.49 each if they're newer, older ones are $2.99 each. They have full sets of some series, like Futurama, but keep in mind that they have them split out so they're $4.49 per disc. Video games are $6 each...they only had some original XB, PS2, and a few GC games. Some are still shrinkwrapped. 2 PC games for $3 each, UT2004 and Everquest II, I think. EQII's seal was broken, though, so buyer beware. Lots of candy. Some Halo 2 action figures.

Happy hunting.

EDIT: Anyone know if the following location has closed yet? I haven't had a chance to check yet.

203480 MGA 15024 South Memorial Bixby OK 74008

Target on 21st/Yale area in Tulsa

10+ stranglehold for the 360 - 14.98
Xbox 360 HDMI Cables, PS3 Component Cables, PS2 component cables - 9.98
Logitech's Bluetooth PS3 keyboard - Orig. 79.99 marked down to 39.99

Hey all,
I am from Stillwater, as well. If there are still some Stillys here then watch that tv auction channel. There are some pretty good deals on there for games, especially the 360!

Skidi

Edit--A Guitar Hero Exploder just went for $5.

[quote name='eugaet']Some FYIs for Tulsans.

The Target @ HW75 and 71st is open. Too new to have any clearance stuff, but they did have 5 copies of Guild Wars: Eye of the North for the reported $9.99 and 4 copies of LotR Battle for Middle Earth II for PC for the same price.

A new Best Buy is going in at that same shopping center.

Checked the Hollywood Video at the SW corner of 81st and Harvard during lunch. It closes in 4 days (which I think would be at the end of the day Saturday, unless they're counting wrong). Everything left is 70% off. Previously viewed movies are $4.49 each if they're newer, older ones are $2.99 each. They have full sets of some series, like Futurama, but keep in mind that they have them split out so they're $4.49 per disc. Video games are $6 each...they only had some original XB, PS2, and a few GC games. Some are still shrinkwrapped. 2 PC games for $3 each, UT2004 and Everquest II, I think. EQII's seal was broken, though, so buyer beware. Lots of candy. Some Halo 2 action figures.

Happy hunting.

EDIT: Anyone know if the following location has closed yet? I haven't had a chance to check yet.

203480 MGA 15024 South Memorial Bixby OK 74008[/quote]

I owe you BIGTIME. My dad and I got 91 movies worth $1,037 for $31!!!

They had all new releases marked down to $.50 and library titles to $.25 Cleaned up! Got three full seasons of 24 and partial of seasons of 30 Rock, How I met you mother. Only 1 disc short of having full seasons of Alias seasons 2, 3, 4. Any idea how to get the missing disc for each lol? Still, couldn't resist getting almost an entire season of alias for $1.50. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Oh, wow. they marked things down that low on the last day? I should've gone by! I figured the $4.5 new release, $3 older titles price would stick to the end.

Damn nice haul, though. Glad I could help. :)

Hey, was that the 81st/Harvard location or the South Memorial Bixby one? I haven't had a chance to check the Bixby location.

I should have headed out there too! I've been wanting to pick up a copy of stardust, and for .50... that would have been stellar! I'll call the Bixby location tomorrow and see if they are going as well.

It was the 81 Harvard location. They didn't have a LOT left, especially big-hitters like stardust ( I would have bought multiple copies of that lol). Did pick up some lower new releases though for $.50 like Joshua, Brothers Solomon, New Wave, Civic Duty, Strays, Tad Hamilton, Day Watch etc. etc. and a lot of library titles and tv shows. I couldn't resist buying the incomplete seasons; most are only 1 disc short. However, I have no clue how I could possibly acquire JUST the missing disc, without finding another closing store. Thoughts? And yeah, if you call the bixby let me know. If I find a number and call tomorrow, I'll post, but my phone's been frizzin' lately.

[quote name='dyeknom']Target on 21st/Yale area in Tulsa

10+ stranglehold for the 360 - 14.98
Xbox 360 HDMI Cables, PS3 Component Cables, PS2 component cables - 9.98[/quote]

Still there as of 3/18. Also about 10 copies of Folklore (PS3) for $14.98.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Still there as of 3/18. Also about 10 copies of Folklore (PS3) for $14.98.[/quote]Drat, wasn't able to get out there until tonight and they were all gone. A couple Strangleholds left, 1 Viva Pinata Party Animals @ $15, 3-4 Rainbow Six Vegas 1 (360) @ $20, other 360 titles @$25-30 (Simpsons, some 2008 sports titles).

CC @ 41st/Yale still has 3 Marvel Ultimate Alliances (Wii) and 2 Super Swing Golfs (Wii) for $16.96 each.

I managed to find a treasure of a Target while in Florida this week.

Folklore and Blue Dragon for $14.98, Dead Head Fred for $7.98, Age of Mythology for $1.98

Makes all this traveling around worth it :)

If anyone is looking for a cheap copy of Elite Beat Agents, the Super Walmart off of I-240 in South OKC had the Game-N-Go EBA bundles marked down to $5.00 each. These are the bundles that come with the extra styluses and the DS pouch. I was there on Saturday, and they had at least 10 of them still. Most were in the video game section at the very bottom of one of the glass cases. There were also several hanging from one of the DVD/CD center aisle endcaps near the register in the Electronics area.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']Did the FYE in the woodland hills mall close?
I ran by today to get R6V2 and it was gone lol.[/quote]

I hope to high heaven it didn't, that's the only place I can get my exclusive steelbook dvds most of the time, especially the upcoming Sweeney and Cloverfield steelbooks. I'm in norman for the time being, so any info on this would be helpful.

It did Trace. I was in the mall before Spring Break and messaged somebody on here about it.

I was in there earlier this month, then I walk by there and the store is completely empty. I mean, they must have packed in a hurry... didn't even have a clearance sale. Im guessing they either moved or the one at Promenade took their stock... and that's why they stopped carrying games? No idea.

If anyone is looking for the recently clearanced Odin Sphere ($17) at Circuit City, the 21st/Yale location had two at noon today. Anyone who has been there knows how horribly unorganized they are and nothing is where it should be. One copy was in front of the Ice Age 2 marker, the other in front of the Stuntman Ignition marker.

[quote name='dyeknom']It did Trace. I was in the mall before Spring Break and messaged somebody on here about it.

I was in there earlier this month, then I walk by there and the store is completely empty. I mean, they must have packed in a hurry... didn't even have a clearance sale. Im guessing they either moved or the one at Promenade took their stock... and that's why they stopped carrying games? No idea.[/quote]

Well that sucks. There is one in promenade though? I'm hardly ever up on 41st so I don't know. Used to be a Sam Goody a-ways back, but I didn't know there was a FYE there. Still sucks though because I won't be there often. Thanks for the info though.

The problem with the FYE in Promenade is that a month ago they stopped carrying games. I don't know if that's changed, though.

The CC @ 71st still had at least one Odin Sphere at 6pm today. Might have been more, but didn't hunt the stacks. It's near where it should be alphabetically, mixed in with the N's.

There's a new Big Lots going in at 91st/Mem in the old Wal-Mart building.

The new Target off of HW75...why does that place smell like cat urine? Is 'new-store smell' = 'cat urine'?

[quote name='eugaet']
There's a new Big Lots going in at 91st/Mem in the old Wal-Mart building.
[/QUOTE]

I drove by that area the other day and saw that Big Lots. I've never been in one before. Do they ever have any good deals on games or electronics?

Wow, wish I'd have seen this thread earlier. Walmart in Altus, OK had a great PC games clearance. I picked up Sega Ralley Revo, Quake Wars, and Stranglehold for 5 bucks a pop. Haven't even opened sega ralley yet lol.

I think Psychonauts may be free through gametap, but I could be wrong. Of course, that is if you can put up with gametap >.

Hmmm... I've been looking for a copy of Psychonauts (I like to own the CD/Packaging). I also wouldn't mind picking up a lot of those games in the clearance thread. Odds are, unfortunately, that this new Big Lots won't have any of these older PC games. eugaet: Out of curiosity, which store(s) have you gone to? Did they have anything good left the last time you went?

Big lots is a clearance store, isn't it?
They might have gotten another store's older stock that closed down? I'd call :/

I rotate through all 3 Big Lots in BA/Tulsa, although it's been about 2-3 weeks since I made a stop at any of them.

Big Lots #1144
1750 South Elm Place
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
(918) 251-1639

Big Lots #1062
2144 South Sheridan Road
Tulsa, OK 74129
(918) 836-3890

Big Lots #1091
5644 West Skelly Drive
Tulsa, OK 74107
(918) 445-6292

Sockey, sent you a PM.

EDIT: It's also a good place to find DVDs. Titles I can remember picking up for $3 each: Steamboy SE, Memento SE, Winged Migration SE (I like special editions).

It's been too long since I've been to any of the locations to mention what may have been there...hazy memory plus anything mentioned may not be there anymore, so I'd hate for anyone to make a trip based on old sightings only to be disappointed. I'll try to hit each location before the end of the week and report back. If you're curious about specific games or DVDs, let me know so I know what to look for.

Next time I'm around one of those I will stop. I've been looking for several of the games mentioned in the clearance thread for awhile. Thanks

[quote name='eugaet']EDIT: It's also a good place to find DVDs. Titles I can remember picking up for $3 each: Steamboy SE, Memento SE, Winged Migration SE (I like special editions).[/quote]

Sono$$$un! I'll have to keep an eye out. I've never seen anything but crappy DVDs when I've gone into Big Lots...

[quote name='Brainwave0']Sono$$$un! I'll have to keep an eye out. I've never seen anything but crappy DVDs when I've gone into Big Lots...[/quote]There's a lightly-treaded thread here where people are posting what DVDs they find at Big Lots. Going through the posts made me recall that I picked up the Blue Thunder SE, as well.

In other news, the CC at 41st still has the 2 copies of Odin Sphere available for $11.36 this week. They've been moved to the bargain bin, though. There's also still 3 copies of Marvel Ultimate Alliance [Wii] left, also for $11.36 each.

In a move that absolutely floored me, it appeared that someone had done a little bit of work organizing parts of the video game section at the 41st CC. Must be the first time in literally 9 months. Recently clearanced games were actually in the bargain bin, tagged with the clearance price. Astonishing. The PS2 and DS sections were still crap, though. I don't have time to dig through the usual mess, so I take UPC barcode printouts with me now. Not gonna dig if they don't got it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 71st/Mem CC has 2 copies on Kameo in the clearance bin...a Platinum Hits and an original.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Sono$$$un! I'll have to keep an eye out. I've never seen anything but crappy DVDs when I've gone into Big Lots...[/quote]There's a lightly-treaded thread here where people are posting what DVDs they find at Big Lots. Going through the posts made me recall that I picked up the Blue Thunder SE, as well.

In other news, the CC at 41st still has the 2 copies of Odin Sphere available for $11.36 this week. They've been moved to the bargain bin, though. There's also still 3 copies of Marvel Ultimate Alliance [Wii] left, also for $11.36 each.

In a move that absolutely floored me, it appeared that someone had done a little bit of work organizing parts of the video game section at the 41st CC. Must be the first time in literally 9 months. Recently clearanced games were actually in the bargain bin, tagged with the clearance price. Astonishing. The PS2 and DS sections were still crap, though. I don't have time to dig through the usual mess, so I take UPC barcode printouts with me now. Not gonna dig if they don't got it!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 71st/Mem CC has 2 copies on Kameo in the clearance bin...a Platinum Hits and an original.

Big Lots @ 91st/Elm BA:

3x Psychonauts
2x Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
1x Tomb Raider II Gold
2x Tomb Raider Chronicles
2x Thief II
2x Hitman 2
1x Spellforce 2
1x Torrente

DVD-wise, it was pretty wiped out...of good stuff, anyhow. What was left that stood out:
1x The Squid and the Whale SE
3x Blue Thunder SE

I went to the 41st CC and picked up a copy of Odin Sphere, had to get it before the 33% off thing was gone. I didn't see any copies of Ultimate Alliance on the rack or the clearance bins.

[quote name='eugaet']Big Lots @ 91st/Elm BA:

3x Psychonauts
2x Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
1x Tomb Raider II Gold
2x Tomb Raider Chronicles
2x Thief II
2x Hitman 2
1x Spellforce 2
1x Torrente

DVD-wise, it was pretty wiped out...of good stuff, anyhow. What was left that stood out:
1x The Squid and the Whale SE
3x Blue Thunder SE[/QUOTE]

I stopped there today on my trip to Game Crazy (Where I picked up Condemned 2 used and HOTD 2&3 new for a total of $50.00). I only saw one copy of Psychonauts which I picked up.

bread's done
Back