Oklahoma

Every retailer I've been to in Tulsa in the last few weeks has had anywhere from 2-12 60GB PS3s in stock. Just visit any store, you'll find one.

[quote name='eugaet']Wal-Mart is a terrible place to buy games. The only good thing is they'll pricematch a competitor's ad, so if you miss out on a sale, you can take the ad to Wal-Mart.

Most of the stuff on the 'clearance' racks around the WMs here would be interesting if they weren't still marked (and scan as) full price. I was there tonight...their idea of a 'sale' on a $49.99 MSRP game is...wait for it...$49.98. Seriously, it was listed as 'on sale' and red-tagged, next to the regular-priced games.

Actually, I guess they're correct if you take the literal definition.

Edit: Just thought of a good thing about WM, albeit on the shadier side of things. Items that are truly clearanced (which I now recall seeing, but not for a very, very long time) are clearanced at that store only, since all Wal-Mart stores have independent pricing. Something clearanced at one WM may not be clearanced at another...so if you buy from WM A and return to WM B...I'm just sayin'. I like maximizing a deal as much as the next guy, but it's kind of a limit-crosser for me. So, uh, I'm not responsible for whatever any of you other guys decide to do with this little bit of info, 'k?[/quote]

Not in my experience. I have been shot down quite a few times. Even on ads from EB Game when they are less then a block a away.

They told me they no longer price match video games too.

[quote name='b3b0p']They told me they no longer price match video games too.[/quote]
Hmmm...it has been a long while since I've done that, but it used to be policy, their 'guaranteed low price'. Either I was misinformed and got lucky or they changed the policy in recent years. I remember being in line behind someone who was pricematching their groceries...took forever but was kind of humorous.

Oh, well...either way, Wal-Mart is still a crap place for buying video games.

I have price matched my fair share of games at Wally World, but it has been at least a 1.5 to 2 years I think.

The time they told me they no longer pice match was when EB Games clearanced Custom Robo for $15 and Wal-Mart had it listed for $50. Prior to that, I was successful price matching Wario and Mario Golf for Gamecube for $25 when they had it for $50 and a few Gameboy Advance games.

I've never had any trouble pricematching anything at Wal-Mart. Groceries, games, furniture, anything. I worked at the service desk of a Wal-Mart a few years back and I know that the nation-wide policy is to match prices on anything as long as the item matches exactly and the advertisement is legitimate, is still in-date, and lists an actual dollar amount (they won't match "to 50% off" sales) you shouldn't have any trouble getting a price match, except maybe having to wait on a manager to come turn the key on the register.

On Black Friday I bought a video game using a comp ad and paid 75% less than the price that Wal-Mart was selling it for (game was SOCOM III, was in the Circuit City ad for $5 just walked up to the cashier and she sold it to me). If your store won't match ads you might try calling the store manager or the district manager. They always have phone numbers posted for these guys at the service desk in the front of the store. And since I know that the stores in OKC that are still pricematching it might just be that your stores don’t know what the hell they’re doing (happens a lot) and that a call to higher-ups might get everything straightened out.

Anyone in the Tulsa area looking for Gamer Gift Cards, Best Buy near Yale and I-44 has about half a dozen. The expire in June of 07, but might be worth putting a $.01 on each just for the coupon (that's what I did on a couple).

[quote name='Brainwave0']Anyone in the Tulsa area looking for Gamer Gift Cards, Best Buy near Yale and I-44 has about half a dozen. The expire in June of 07, but might be worth putting a $.01 on each just for the coupon (that's what I did on a couple).[/quote]How do you get these? I live like 2 minutes from there,

Also, Oklahoma represents!! This thread owns CAG!

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']How do you get these? I live like 2 minutes from there...[/quote]

They are just a gift card that comes with a coupon. Take a couple to the register and put however much you want on the gift card....and voila, the coupon is yours. I suggest a penny, but I'm cheap that way. Hopefully they're still there for you...

And yes, Oklahoma rules the Southwest thread :cool:

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']How do you get these? I live like 2 minutes from there,

Also, Oklahoma represents!! This thread owns CAG![/quote]
Stillwater is the longest place I have stayed my entire life. It's really grown on me. I Just wish it was farther south, because we get the most fucked up weather patterns and I like to golf.

I just ready my original starter post and noticed the date. If anyone cares to know, I ended up just buying the full sets.

Anyway, we need more posts and more deals.

Has anyone seen Final Fantasy VI in stores? Wal-Mart seems to have discontinued stocking up on GBA games and I refuse to shop at EB.

[quote name='b3b0p']Stillwater is the longest place I have stayed my entire life. It's really grown on me. I Just wish it was farther south, because we get the most fucked up weather patterns and I like to golf.

I just ready my original starter post and noticed the date. If anyone cares to know, I ended up just buying the full sets.

Has anyone seen Final Fantasy VI in stores? Wal-Mart seems to have discontinued stocking up on GBA games and I refuse to shop at EB.[/quote]

You think you get messed up weather? I go to school in Alva. We get a foot of snow one day, and then 70 degrees the next. Stupid middle-of-nowhere town.

Have you checked Hastings for FFIV? Last time I was in there (about 3-4 weeks ago) they still had plenty of GBA games.

[quote name='b3b0p']Stillwater is the longest place I have stayed my entire life. It's really grown on me. I Just wish it was farther south, because we get the most fucked up weather patterns and I like to golf.

Has anyone seen Final Fantasy VI in stores? Wal-Mart seems to have discontinued stocking up on GBA games and I refuse to shop at EB.[/quote]
I went to school in Stillwater, O-STATE!!!

Anyway what is the coupon that comes with the BB gamer gift cards?

By the way, if anyone is looking for Wii nunkucks the GameRush (blockbuster) on Lewis and 15th had 3 in stock, this is in Tulsa.

Also, GameRush give much better trade in values than EB/Gamestop.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']You think you get messed up weather? I go to school in Alva. We get a foot of snow one day, and then 70 degrees the next. Stupid middle-of-nowhere town.

Have you checked Hastings for FFIV? Last time I was in there (about 3-4 weeks ago) they still had plenty of GBA games.[/quote]

FF VI, not IV. I can't find VI anywhere. I already have IV.

Similar weather situation happened here before the first snow/ice storm this year. I didn't believe the weather man until I saw it. It was in the 50's when I woke up that day at 5AM, by night, freezing cold. Next day, work told me to stay home because of the ice.

Hey City Dwellers!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129052

Anyone in the city who can check this out and be willing to pick up a few items, I would be eternally greatful since I can't make it to the city for a while.

Mario Party 7
Mario Party Advance
Any of the Tales of games for PS2
Okami
Advance Wars
Trace Memory
PSP Worms

[quote name='b3b0p']FF VI, not IV. I can't find VI anywhere. I already have IV.

Similar weather situation happened here before the first snow/ice storm this year. I didn't believe the weather man until I saw it. It was in the 50's when I woke up that day at 5AM, by night, freezing cold. Next day, work told me to stay home because of the ice.
[/quote]

My bad, typo. I know I've seen FF6 somewhere in the last couple weeks in Oklahoma, but I can't remember where. If you don't mind paying full price + shipping, I'm sure I could find one for you within the next week or two.

[quote name='b3b0p']FF VI, not IV. I can't find VI anywhere. I already have IV.

Hey City Dwellers!

Anyone in the city who can check this out and be willing to pick up a few items, I would be eternally greatful since I can't make it to the city for a while.

Mario Party 7
Mario Party Advance
Okami
Advance Wars
Trace Memory
PSP Worms[/quote]
Hey I checked out BB yesterday after work and they weren't having any clearence. Not they were sold out, no they actually had mos tof the games on the lits but none were marked down. This was in Tulsa at 41st.

[quote name='b3b0p']Hey City Dwellers!

Mario Party 7
Mario Party Advance
Okami
Advance Wars
Trace Memory
PSP Worms[/quote]

Sorry b3bop, no go on any of those games. I hit all 4 Best Buys in the city yesterday and none of these were in stock. There were at least 5 people at every location I went to scouring the shelves. It looked like they were just out of stock on 99% of the list.
My lame-ass haul consisted of:
X-Men Legends 1 (Xbox)
Getting Up (Xbox)(I know it sucks, but for $2, I'll give it a shot)
Chicken Little (GCN)(for the neice and nephew)
Spy Hunter/Supersprint (GBA)
Marble Madness/Klax (GBA)

The Quail Springs BB had the best selection with a few other titles that I was not interested in (or had already):
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
The Warriors (XBox)
Serious Sam 2 (Xbox)
several old sports titles
That's all I recall...

The problem is that the employees were going through the games and pulling stacks to purchase themselves (once they found out about the clearance). One guy in the area that was scanning the games tried to talk me out of purchasing what I had. He had the nerve to tell me the last clearance he bought a bunch of games and flipped them at EBGamestop and lost money on it, so I shouldn't try the same. All I could do was tell him how I wouldn't be that much of a prick and I wanted the games to actually play, not make a profit. People like that just piss me off.

/steps off soapbox/

[quote name='Brainwave0']Sorry b3bop, no go on any of those games. I hit all 4 Best Buys in the city yesterday and none of these were in stock. There were at least 5 people at every location I went to scouring the shelves. It looked like they were just out of stock on 99% of the list.
[/quote]

I was so close to going to the one by Crossroads yesterday. I feel better now knowing that I wouldn't have found anything. Thanks.

Game Rush in Midwest City at 15th and Pole Rd has the following:

Lego Star Wars 2
Just Cause $25
(1) Ninety Nine Nights $15
(1) Arcade Unplugged $15
Soccer game (FIFA??) $15
Madden 07
Tiger Woods 0? $27.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $30
Splinter Cell: DA $30

I picked up the only Hitman they had along with Prey and Ninety Nine Nights.

BW0

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']I went to school in Stillwater, O-STATE!!![/quote]The wife and I, as well. Some fond (and not so fond) memories.

[quote name='b3b0p']Trace Memory[/quote]The TRU at 71st and Memorial in Tulsa had a few copies at $9.99...I'm assuming they're still there, they've been there for months...last time I went, they also had 3 copies of Metroid Pinball for the same price.

I know it's quite a bit more than the price listed for the BB clearance, but most of the stuff on that list wasn't even available anyway...at least the stuff on the list I was looking for wasn't when I checked on Monday. I'll have to make the rounds before the sale hits next time and try for a price-adjustment or return/rebuy.

EDIT: Just checked the TRU clearance thread...apparently some are now having the Trace Memory and Metroid Pinball games marked $9.99 ring up at $5 or so. I won't be able to make it out there until Friday evening if you're interested in having me check it out.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Game Rush in Midwest City at 15th and Pole Rd has the following:

Lego Star Wars 2
Just Cause $25
(1) Ninety Nine Nights $15
(1) Arcade Unplugged $15
Soccer game (FIFA??) $15
Madden 07
Tiger Woods 0? $27.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $30
Splinter Cell: DA $30

I picked up the only Hitman they had along with Prey and Ninety Nine Nights.

BW0[/quote]

Any chance of finding Mario Party 4 there in MWC?

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Any chance of finding Mario Party 4 there in MWC?[/quote]

I didn't see one at that location. I'll keep an eye out for one...

[quote name='Brainwave0']I didn't see one at that location. I'll keep an eye out for one...[/quote]

I know there's not one at the GR in Shawnee (my home town), but I'll be checking this weekend to see what they have.

Could someone keep an eye out for Hitman for me? the only Gamerush I've searched at is in Yukon and they only had Splinter Cell and Marvel (which I bought)

Whoever was at the Crossroads Best Buy today, thanks for giving my wife the FEAR guide!!

I told her she should have grabbed the Dead Rising guide and made a beeline for the register, but what can you do?;)

That was me Brainwave0 and you are quite welcome. Only found the one dead rising guide or I would have let her take that one also. If I come across any others, I'll let you know.

any1 here wanna trade for my new graw 2. I dont really like it and am hoping to get it off my hands. Brand New. Mint. Opened and played once

Target in MidWest City has 20+ copies of Kameo for $20.98. They're on a back endcap in books. Hopefully there will be some left when and if they hit $5.

[quote name='Duffclown65']Could someone keep an eye out for Hitman for me? the only Gamerush I've searched at is in Yukon and they only had Splinter Cell and Marvel (which I bought)[/quote]

The GameRush in Del City has a couple of Hitman for 360. The boxes they're in are open and say display only. Not sure of the condition of the disks, but you might have a look.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Anyone know when the Best Buys in Midwest City and West Okc are supposed to open? I'm hoping for some Grand Open deals...[/quote]

I've been wondering the same thing about the one in MWC (didn't know they were opening one in West OKC). My aunt keeps telling me, "We're getting a Best Buy over here." I know that already!!!!! When does it open??!?!?!!!?!?!? I'd also like to know if they'll have any good deals.

Any of your guys interested in a PSP? I've got mine up on Ebay right now but if any of you Okies are interested let me know. If you or I and pick it up/drop it off there won't be any shipping.

Everything is in great shape and it is a value pack (all items included and in perfect condition). Also comes with a 512 mb pro duo, Killzone Liberations UMd demo, Pursuit Force UMD demo, World Tour Soccer UMD demo, Spiderman 2 UMD movie, USB mini B cord. PM me if interested. I live in Tulsa BTW.

Big Lots near the May Best Buy has a bunch of City of Villains Special Editions and a whole LOAD of noname adventure/rpgs. Target across NW Expressway from there has one Dark Messiah ($20) and a few Rise and Fall of Civilizations or something.

I applied for a job at the west OKC Best Buy and the grand opening is sat at June 1st. I'm not sure on the other Best Buy's opening, but if I were to get this job, we'd have to start May 5th to stock the store.

Whole lotta stuff to put out.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']The Target off Yale at 15th in Tulsa had three 12 month Live subscription cards on clearence for $35.[/quote] They're in the NW corner of the store under a red clearance sign...if anyone was curious. 2nd shelf or so.

I noticed them as well, while I was trying to track down clearanced Wii games this past week...

Does anyone know if any of the Gamerush's in Tulsa have a good selection of clearance items left? All of the Blockbusters near me don't have a Gamerush section.

[quote name='eugaet']They're in the NW corner of the store under a red clearance sign...if anyone was curious. 2nd shelf or so.

I noticed them as well, while I was trying to track down clearanced Wii games this past week...[/quote]

In case anyone was still wondering, they're out of the cards now. I sent my friend over to look and he was SOL.

You might try the Game Rush in Okmulgee. The couple times I've been in there, they have had a really good selection. It doesn't seem like a lot of people go to that one.

[quote name='derrickec']Does anyone know if any of the Gamerush's in Tulsa have a good selection of clearance items left? All of the Blockbusters near me don't have a Gamerush section.[/quote]

I was at the Burlington Coat Factory off of I-240 in OKC yesterday. In a rack near the registers, they have some games that were likely liquidated from elsewhere. They were mostly GBA, but I did notice some others. I don't recall what exactly they had as very little jumped out at me, but one thing did catch my eye.

They had at least 3 copies of Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for 14.99.

The games are all individually packaged in hard plastic covers, so the boxes were still in really good condition. I would've picked one up had I not already ordered one from cduniverse a couple months back. If anyone is still looking to snag a copy of this for a decent price, there ya go!

[quote name='derrickec']Does anyone know if any of the Gamerush's in Tulsa have a good selection of clearance items left? All of the Blockbusters near me don't have a Gamerush section.[/quote]
I know of 2.

31st and Garnet

21st and Peroria.

I'd reccomend 21st and Peroria. The Garent GameRush is a total mess.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']I know of 2.

31st and Garnet

21st and Peroria.

I'd reccomend 21st and Peroria. The Garent GameRush is a total mess.[/quote]

Ha, I'll check out the 21st and Peoria. I live right at 53rd and Peoria, so that will wok well.

By the way, I went to the Gamerush at 101st and Memorial, and they did have a ton of stuff. I was mostly interested in GC, GBA, and DS, so they (understandably) didn't have a huge selection, but there were loads of x-box and PS2 games, and the prices seemed good.

[quote name='derrickec']Ha, I'll check out the 21st and Peoria. I live right at 53rd and Peoria, so that will wok well.

By the way, I went to the Gamerush at 101st and Memorial, and they did have a ton of stuff. I was mostly interested in GC, GBA, and DS, so they (understandably) didn't have a huge selection, but there were loads of x-box and PS2 games, and the prices seemed good.[/quote]Just so you know it might be 21st and Lewis, I can't remember the crossroad. It is just south of Highway 51.

bread's done
Back