Oklahoma

Forgot to post this, but Wal-Mart in Stillwater has a bin of games on clearance and a clearance shelf of games in the back of electronics. I didn't look for anything because I can't think of any games I actually am willing to buy right now except Mario Soccer and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology/Collection.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Found the following clearanced at Quail Springs TRU in OKC:

PS2
Alias $5 (one copy)
Lifeline $5 (one copy)
Legacy of Kain Defiance $5 (one copy)
Amplitude $10

GBA
Bomberman $5 (2 copies)
Ice Climger $5 (2 copies)

XBOX
Blowout $5[/quote]

Don't tell me that's after you ran out with their nearly a dozen VF4:Es, the two Meteos's, and the two Killer 7 (GC)s. :p

[quote name='RollingSkull']Don't tell me that's after you ran out with their nearly a dozen VF4:Es, the two Meteos's, and the two Killer 7 (GC)s. :p[/quote]

Didn't see any of those while I was there.

Was at the OKC Target on Western and SW 44th and found the following located on a clearance endcap in DVD's:

Drill Dozer $7.48 (5 copies)
Geist $24.98 (4 copies)
TimeSplitters Future Perfect (PS2) $9.98 (1 copy)

Was at the Target in OKC on Western and SW 44th and found the following:

Drill Dozer $7.48 (5 copies)
Geist $24.98 (4 copies)
TimeSplitters Future Perfect (PS2) $9.98 (1 copy)

Anyone checked the Sears in Penn Square Mall, OKC? The Quail Springs Maill Sears has Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, and Astro Boy GBA all for $9.9x.

I heard a rumor that CompUSA is going out of business. Is there any truth to this? (and is the one on May clearing things out?)

I haven't had a chance to get to TRU. The Sunday paper stated the OKC stores will be doing the B2G1, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the buy $80, get $40 gift card promo. Those would be a sweet combination!

picked up ncaa 07, dead rising and graw for the 360 today at quail springs. plan on returning graw for gears of war in november (90 DAY RETURN POLICY!!). they had pretty much everything for the 360. no go on the 40 dollar gift card. also called crossroads and they knew nothing about the gift card deal...

B2G1 confirmed at Crossroads. Picked up the following today:

Psychonauts (XBox) - $14.98
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (XBox) - $14.98
Dig Dug (NDS) - $9.98

POS automatically accounted for free game which kept them from attempting to limit to only one system (all 3 XBox, for example).

Other titles I saw:

Constantine (XBox) - $9.98
Urbz (XBox) - $9.98
Ice Climber (GBA) - $9.98
Harvest Moon (NGC) - $9.98??
Punisher (XBox) - $9.98
Iridion 2 (GBA) - $4.98
Blowout (XBox) - $4.98
Xevious (GBA) - $9.98
Tecmo Classics (XBox) - $9.98
Rayman (GBA) - $9.98

The Best Buy in Norman, I-35 and Main, has more than cheap Madden 06. There are like 3 clearance bins near the video games. Most of the video games are marked with 50% off stickers off the base price. Some are not, like Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2 so I asked one of the employees how much it was and he just made a price out of his head!! They are basically clearing inventory for the games coming out this fall.

There are some good deals there! Check it out!

Here are some pics I took with my phone camera:

08-27-06_1509.jpg

08-27-06_1454.jpg

Definitely check it out!

In regards to the FYE trade 2 get 1 X360 games, I went to the South OKC Warehouse Music and traded in Gun and Condemned for Oblivion. Only had to pay the $5 tax, nothing was mentioned about a $45 limit on the free game.

While I was chatting with the sales associate, he mentioned that Thursday 9/7, was the last day for them to carry games at that location. All thier games were being transferred to the North location. He also said the last day of the trade deals going on now was 9/19...

I have a question I was hoping one of you might be able to anwser.

Do any of you know of any good pawn shops or flea markets in the OKC area that have video games, or a source where I could find them?

I tried the YS thread, no luck.

And a BIG Boomer Sooner to all of you.

[quote name='Veritas1204']I have a question I was hoping one of you might be able to anwser.

Do any of you know of any good pawn shops or flea markets in the OKC area that have video games, or a source where I could find them?

I tried the YS thread, no luck.

And a BIG Boomer Sooner to all of you.[/quote]

I have had no luck at all at pawn shops. Haven't been to a flea market in years, though.

Sears in Sooner Mall had quite a few games on markdown. I got Trace Memory for $10, and they had Madden 06 on DS for $5 as well as Tiger Woods on DS. They also had many xbox and ps2 games for $5-10.

I don't recall ever seeing games in either Borders in Tulsa. Not sure about the Waldenbooks @ 41st & Yale.

I live in Broken Arrow, work in Tulsa. Howdy.

Anyone check any of the NE Oklahoma Wal-Marts lately? This thread has got me checking the Wal-Marts in Tulsa and BA, but I haven't found much of anything yet. Wouldn't mind running into some deals in the thread, like Chibi Robo, Eternal Darkness, and Odama for $7.50 or thereabouts.

Tulsa/BA Report:

Wal-Mart @ 71st and 145th: Nothing

Wal-Mart @ 81st and Lewis: Nothing

Wal-Mart @ 91st and Memorial: Bingo (sort of)
Large clearance shelves facing the locked cases. One full shelf of each of the following: GC/GBA, XB, PS2. Prices seem to range from $10-$14...so not much of a clearance in my mind, but you might be able to find something worthwhile. I only checked the GC/GBA titles for anything that interested me...which was nothing...can't remember the titles that didn't and I didn't even look at the XB/PS2 games since I don't own those platforms...sorry.

GameRush @ 101st and Memorial: XB/PS2 on clearance shelves
Operation (something...glare on shrinkwrap) (PS2) $7
The Thing (PS2) $7
Ford Racing (XB) $5
Taito Legends (PS2) $10
Jampack Demo Disc (PS2) $5
Midway Arcade Treasures (not sure which #, glare on shrinkwrap) (PS2) $7
ESPN NBA 2K5 (XB) $7
Outlaw Golf 2 (PS2) $10
Celebrity Deathmatch (XB) $7
Splinter Cell (argh, not sure which one...will take better pictures next time) (PS2) $7
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (XB) $5
Hitman (PS2) $7
Motocross Mania (PS2) $7
River King (PS2) $10
Gun (PS2) $10
Max Payne (PS2) $10
DaVinci Code (PS2) $10
SOCOM (PS2) $10
Harry Potter and the (damn camera) (GC) $10
Drag Racing 2 (PS2) $7
Desert Storm (PS2) $10
Not on clearance shelf, in new section:
Viewtiful Joe (GC) $10
I picked up the last Drill Dozer (GBA) for $10...sorry. :)

Might want to cross-reference my list with this GR thread.

Sorry about the sketchy info on some of those...thought my pdacam took better pictures...I'll do better next time. Links to pictures:
Shelf 1
Shelf 2

The GameStop near 111th and Memorial has at least 3 more "new" copies of Alien Hominid (GC) for $15. I say "new" because, as with all EB/GS, they remove the shrinkwrap and store the game in a baggy behind the desk. I took the last sealed one...again, sorry. :)

Let me fill in the holes:[quote name='eugaet']
Operation spy (PS2) $7
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (PS2) $7
Splinter Cell 1 (PS2) $7
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (GC) $10
[/quote]

Nice report eugaet! I always forget to take pictures and end up missing some of the deals.

I've found the Game Rush on Garnet is bad about marking clearance. They had a Scooby Doo and Metroid Prime 2 unticketed on the shelf for at least a month.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Let me fill in the holes...[/quote]Thanks...I was going to figure those out, but Guild Wars was calling.

Anyone check any Goodwill stores lately? Checked the one at near 91st and 145th today, just to see if any remaindered stuff ended up there. Not a lot: 3 XBox 360 faceplates for $4 (1 official silver, 2 offbrand camo, blue/grey/white and green/brown/grey) and 3 copies of Marc Ecko's Getting Up for PC, $5...which I'm sure is an exhorbitant price for that title.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']I check out some of the xbox price drops at the BB/GR on 101st and saw lots of used FSW:ten hammers, GUN, and R6 lockdown also saw a new FSW10H and R6C :)[/quote]Didn't happen to see any GC/GBA/DS deals there did you?

[quote name='kittenkya']does anyone know if gamestop/ebgame are going to have buy 2 games and
get one game free in oklahoma?[/quote]

If they have it one place, they'll have it everywhere.

Found a couple of things at the Sears on Yale in Tulsa:

Fire Emblem (GCN) $14.99
Chibi Robo (GCN) $14.99

Not that I was looking for them, but I know others have been hunting for them. There were about 3 copies of each.

[quote name='eugaet']I don't recall ever seeing games in either Borders in Tulsa. Not sure about the Waldenbooks @ 41st & Yale.

I live in Broken Arrow, work in Tulsa. Howdy.[/quote]

1) Are you talking about Barnes and Noble on 41st and Yale? I dont recall there being a walden books there. But that could be because......

2) even though I am from BA as well (w00t! represent!) I live at OU now.

[quote name='Trace17']1) Are you talking about Barnes and Noble on 41st and Yale?[/quote]The address on the Border's site said 41st and Yale...but that Waldenbooks is actually in Promenade Mall. I was just giving the address from the site. I'll list it as the Promenade Waldenbooks next time. :)

any of you city folk stop by Toys R Us?

I'm wondering if they have Devil Summoner? I can barely find 2 games for the Buy-2-Get-1-Free deal and need a third good one.

Hey guys, I'm from Durant (Doo-rant), OK. Not too many places for games around here, so I usually have to shop in the Plano/Dallas area.
Just wanted to say hi.
=)
-M

[quote name='Duffclown65']Any Okies going to try and get a PS3?[/QUOTE]

have one preordered at gamestop, and just preordered another from bestbuy.com

bread's done
Back