Oklahoma

[quote name='Ilovephysics']oh, it's Katie Couric as near as I can tell...[/QUOTE]
That actually sounds pretty neat compared to Bush.

However, I'll be able to say, "The President spoke at my commencement."

Hm, I'm not so sure about that.

I get to say, "The President of the United States spoke at my graduation."

I probably won't say which president unless asked though ;)

Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner? I'd take Bush actually, but only because he is President.

heh.. yeah, even if I didn't care for the president, I'd still not refuse an award/photo/etc. with the current president. They are/were still the president.

btw, anyone on here trade games regularly? Just curious how the system on here worked, how it compared to gametz.com , etc.?

b3b0p, I'm actually going to be at the commencement on Saturday. My sister and bro-in-law are taking their boys up to watch. My wife and I are going to tag along.

[quote name='Derwood43']b3b0p, I'm actually going to be at the commencement on Saturday. My sister and bro-in-law are taking their boys up to watch. My wife and I are going to tag along.[/QUOTE]
If they allow it look for old grandma playing DS, that's my mom.

Look for a student, if they allow it playing a Famicom Micro gameboy while waiting on the field for 90 minutes.

Target in norman had a lot of games recently added to the endcap discount section.. nothing of major note yet, marked 15% off... $10+ for most items, a lot of sports titles and poker games. No real solid DS or GBA games. Lots of World Championship Poker 2 and Grand Theft Auto copies on PS2.. I think Dragonball Z Bud 2 was $10, as was Twisted Metal Black... must have pulled these out of deep storage...

Hastings did have a copy of Metal Slug 4/5 for xbox used... someone on the vg deals thread had mentioned Hasting was selling new copies for $5, though this was still marked at $29 or so... perhaps if you could ever get someone over there for a price check...

Hastings doesn't have deals. They never mark down anything, ever.

I have lived here 10 years and not once has Hastings marked down a game.

^^When the PS2 first came out, the one I went to had Tekken Tag and Kessen for $9.99

Too bad it only worked once. :p

I wish that the claim was true. I have been looking for a MS deal for quite awhile now

hey, I'm just reporting what someone else did on the main vg thread.. They do have, on occasion, a few decent price drops and used game offers.. I dunno... I like their selection of campy/rpg titles...

In any event, I usually just check when I'm renting movies(cheaper than Blockbuster) or looking for a book... you never know when a copy of rez will just show up.. they also usually have a message board that has upcoming concerts in okc, e.g, poison and cinderella as well as huey lewis and chicago... ok, so maybe some concerts you just don't go to.. but they usually post them all...

no change in the prices as of today, still at 15%.. a few less of them, though.. all of the xbox titles seemed to be gone, and most if not all of the poker games are gone.. I might guess whatever is left over will hit $7.48 this time next week.

This forum's been quiet for awhile so thought I'd post a little something...

Best Buy on Penn and Memorial has the Tomb Raider Legend faceplate STICKERS for $0.01. Of course, this isn't an actual face plate, just a big sticker that goes across your existing faceplate. Plenty to be had.

Same location also had several Full Auto faceplates at $4.99 each.

Best Buy at Penn and Memorial has the Tomb Raider Legend 360 faceplate stickers for $0.01. Not the actual faceplte, but a sticker that goes over the existing faceplate. Several to be had...

Also at that location, they have a half dozen Full Auto 360 faceplates for $4.99 each.

anyway for anyone interested, picked up a DS Lite this afternoon from the super target in edmond, ok at 2nd and bryant...quail springs was a no go, as they said they weren't allowed to sell them until june 11...edmond store had them sitting in the case right next to the other games

on another note is anyone finding the d-pad a little janky...i know it isn't just my unit because the demos at best buy and target had the same feeling...kinda loose...feel like if you are pushing right, could easily have some up or down action also....

Alright, I had it with these magazines.

Is there anyone in Oklahoma that wants them?

I will be going to the city (Tulsa or OKC) on Sunday (maybe, but doubtful Saturday) and I am willing to give them away for free or small compensation (maybe a Diet Coke or 2 for the ride home? Or Meteos!!!).

^^Some GREAT deals to be had there. They had History of Violence, Capote, Good Night Good Luck, and Squid and the Whale all $7 a piece. Thing is, they are marked used, but they haven't even been used!! Clean disc and a perfect condition case.

I almost picked up The Warriors for XBox while I was in Hastings today. Now I'm glad I waited, as they'll have Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition with The Warriors for Free for $15.99. SWEET!

didn't catch this until today. I have not seen all that much at Hastings or Target recently.. a few cheap games, but nothing that really stands out at either location in Norman. No good auctions in the area either... most of the classified ads for video games/arcade games have been poor as well.... I'll probably be selling a few game systems at my garage sale, though, if and when I do have it... heh.

Not all that much at Target in Norman as of yesterday. A few copies of Madden 2005 for PS2 (2005, not 2006) for $14.95 or something like that. Maybe if it dropped to $4.98 it would be worth it, but it has been a long time since I've seen a game at this target for under $5.

Myself and a couple of friends absolutely looted the GBA/DS selection in both Tulsa CCs, but if your interests lie with PS2/Xbox, they still had a lot of good stuff at the one in Southroads Mall.

yeah, but the gas alone to drive there would defeat the purpose in going. Anything you can think of off hand that they did have? I'm still interested in finding a cheap Meteos...

As for Norman's Hastings, they did have a newly filled 75% off bin with mostly XB and PS2 EA sports titles for about $5 each... Madden, Fifa, NBA Street games, etc. a few other accessories like some GC controllers, etc.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']I'm from Broken Arrow we have a a blockbuster,gamecrazy,bestbuy and, gamexchange but yeah so.... :booty:[/quote]

I'm from BA as well!!

Thanks! So anybody been to the CC on 41st? I went to the one on 71st monday and they were pretty much cleaned up on $9 games. I'm hoping this sale that actually starts tommorrow has some pictured games in the CC ad, cause if they are, I'm invading Wal-mart.

[quote name='Trace17']Thanks! So anybody been to the CC on 41st? I went to the one on 71st monday and they were pretty much cleaned up on $9 games. I'm hoping this sale that actually starts tommorrow has some pictured games in the CC ad, cause if they are, I'm invading Wal-mart.[/quote]

71st never has anything but 41st is loaded its kinda junkie and I think I witnessed a murder wile I was there :cold:

[quote name='CorporalJackson']71st never has anything but 41st is loaded its kinda junkie and I think I witnessed a murder wile I was there :cold:[/quote]

lol. Do you mean $9 junk or just junk in general?

Does any body know where I can find some cases for my DS games, I saw some at a CC in Texas when I visited my relatives a month ago, but I didn't have five bucks. :cry:

Oh and the Sears in Woodland had some cheap DS games, I got Pac-Pix for $5. They also had the phat DS charger for $3. I didn't get to see anything else because I had to leave, but I just thought I'd let ya guys know.

Also, dont bother with the EB 5 day sale - it's all crap.

Target in Norman looked a bit reloaded as of yesterday. Most of the games were still $9.99+, but a few more GC and PS2 titles.. almost all of the games were GH/PC type titles. Saw about 3 copies each of Fight Night, Ace Combat 4, I believe.

Going to the city tomorrow. Tell me if I should go to Tulsa or OKC for the better deals and where. Wouldn't mind picking up a cheap Advance Wars DS.

Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games.
GS is a rip.

But you all knew that.

Thanks guys (and girls)

V

[quote name='Veritas1204']Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games...[/quote]

Always nice to see another CAG in the OK. I would try Wherehouse music. According to the CAG WIKI (http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Trade_in_values) the slim system is getting $90 there. I would also check the WIKI for the best trade in value for the games as the prices fluctuate from store to store. I know you're not a fan of GS, but EB/GS has a trade 3 get an extra 10$ promotion going on until 7/25. Something to think about.

The CC on 41st and yale in Tulsa had about 30 games TOTAL left from the 8.96 sale. I picked up Madden 05 on DS, it was the only DS game left with about 5 copies. Most were xbox games.

[quote name='Veritas1204']Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games.
GS is a rip.

But you all knew that.

Thanks guys (and girls)

V[/QUOTE]

Well, another option to keep in mind is you could go to a site like www.gametz.com, the Game Trading Zone... It'll be tough as a brand new user to sell your system until you build up some trades and trust, but it is good for future reference, especially if you are not a heavy eBay user... It offers a decent chance to find someone willing to swap/trade games as well as buy games, etc.. There are fewer registered users than CAG (GTZ has ballpark 10,000 as opposed to 60,000+ on CAG), but the general and trading forums on GTZ are far more active IMOP.

I'd still wonder if Ebay wasn't the best option... it looks like stock photo-old-style non-slim line PS2 systems are selling for $60+ with about $20 tacked on to that for shipping... I dunno what GS offers, but that seems decent if you have such an account.

Thanks for the info. I sold it to game X change for $125.00/sytem, hookups, memory card, 3 games.

GS tried to give me $50.00 for the same deal, and were pissed that I wanted cash.

I called the GS store up after the deal and told the manager that told me I wouldn't get anyone to pay more than his offer from anyone about the deal, and he was speachless.

I told him to kiss my ass.

So thanks for all the tips, shopping around definately helped.

[quote name='Veritas1204']Thanks for the info. I sold it to game X change for $125.00/sytem, hookups, memory card, 3 games.

GS tried to give me $50.00 for the same deal, and were pissed that I wanted cash.

I called the GS store up after the deal and told the manager that told me I wouldn't get anyone to pay more than his offer from anyone about the deal, and he was speachless.

I told him to kiss my ass.

So thanks for all the tips, shopping around definately helped.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. out of curiousity, what were the games and how much did you get specifically from game xchange for the system and the games/memory cards? I was considering getting a slimline ps2 system to replace my old one, and if I can get $70+ in cash, it'll put me about 1/2 way there... plus I have a few random games I could toss in to make up the difference...

well, I actually think (well, KNOW) that I got a better deal than I was supposed to. The cashier was new, and told me his trade-in was $90.00 for the PS2 (which was probably for the slim, and I had the fat one), and that was for cash! I stood there and acted like I knew it all along.

Then, he looked up the games (madden 06, THUG 2, NBA street Vol 3), memory card, and extra controller, and gave me another 35.00!

I stumbled out of the store before I had a heart attack. (or the manager ran after me, demanding his money back)

I'm pretty sure they were only supposed to give me 45.00 for the system. The guy probably looked at an older trade in page (he was new, and the store looked like no one had been in there in months)

So

Sorry, posted prematurely

If you have a few games, you probably have a good chance of getting 70 for it all. Just don't go to GS, they fucking RIP YOU OFF.

Found the following clearanced at Quail Springs TRU in OKC:

PS2
Alias $5 (one copy)
Lifeline $5 (one copy)
Legacy of Kain Defiance $5 (one copy)
Amplitude $10

GBA
Bomberman $5 (2 copies)
Ice Climger $5 (2 copies)

XBOX
Blowout $5

I've bought Amplitude at TRU 3 times at either $2.99 or $1.99 (twice for me, once for a trade)... but I'd say that even at $10, it is a steal.

bread's done
Back