OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='seebelow']I just got $11 back since I bought Pikmin (non PC) for $15 a couple of weeks ago. God bless Circuit City... :)[/quote]

yeah...i bought dragon warrior vii a few weeks ago for 31.99....i went back today to get my money back on it and got 31.19 back! i paid .80 for dragon warrior vii...nice...if only i knew about this deal a few weeks ago...iw ould've bought all 8 of the dragon warriors they had

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Altoona, PA CC is affected by the price glitch, however, management has put a pull on the games that are affected. I managed to get 8 games that weren't pulled as of yet, all ringing up at 5 dollars a pop. I was ready to buy the games at the front register, with a clerk who was really nice about it-- Until a manager ran from the back to let me know that I wouldn't be exploiting the price glitch.

She said I could abide by the sticker price, or leave. I left.

Its the 4th, time to put a couple half sticks in a tree and blow some shit up, I'm pissed.[/quote]

Should've called it on him. they're supposed to honor the prices in their system. If the prices are wrong they pull stuff but stuff that hasn't been pulled has to be honored.

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Altoona, PA CC is affected by the price glitch, however, management has put a pull on the games that are affected. I managed to get 8 games that weren't pulled as of yet, all ringing up at 5 dollars a pop. I was ready to buy the games at the front register, with a clerk who was really nice about it-- Until a manager ran from the back to let me know that I wouldn't be exploiting the price glitch.

She said I could abide by the sticker price, or leave. I left.

Its the 4th, time to put a couple half sticks in a tree and blow some shit up, I'm pissed.[/quote]

Should've called it on him. they're supposed to honor the prices in their system. If the prices are wrong they pull stuff but stuff that hasn't been pulled has to be honored.[/quote]

Yeah, they can get in a heapload of trouble for not honoring "scan errors" as the manager thought it was. Haven't they ever watched those Datelines around Christmas time when they go out and see how accurate the scanning is. I would have raised all kinds of hell and told them to call the cops and let them sort it out before I'd let them kick me out of the store for an "error" or "glitch" on their part. But that's me.

I wish I could have remembered which numbers to ask for.

I wasn't gonna buy any games, but then again, they didn't even tell me if they had any of the games I wanted in stock.

Is Disaster Report uncommon enough?

They cant really kick you out for their error. They could do it, but if your persistant enough, could get them in heaps of trouble. I wouldnt have left and demanded a DM or Ragional managers phone number. They should have to honor the scanned price. I work retail and if its mispriced we have to honor the lower price, no matter what it sells for new now. Its also just good business to honor your own goof ups.

I agree. Ignorant Managers are the number one opponent of cheap asses. They are our arch villains!

BTW anyone know if Stake is worth a pot to piss in? It looks wacky and highly worth the $5. is it even worth money? I seem to recall this being on the XBOX rare games list. Maybe that part was a joke or something.

I remember when a manager wouldnt let me get the Tetris- Star Wars combo a few months ago. Funny thing is I ended up still getting it this weekend at the same place. :)

Just got back, almost everything was gone, but I did meet another CAG there, I believe. He had a huge list and walked out with at least 12 games, we talked for a bit, I got these games...

CCA4.jpg

CCA3.jpg

CCA2.jpg

CCA1.jpg

I officially got 10 games over 2 days using this miraculous CC deal, total spent: around 50 dollars, total. :shock: :lol:

[quote name='LeviathynX']Man I would have shit in a bag for at least Burnout 2![/quote] and it was the developers cut!

Over 2 days I spent only $75 and got a total of 15 games. You can't beat this deal at all!!!
I have a friend who works management at my CC and he's going to find out tomorrow or tuesday about the restocking issue. Hopefully we will get resolution to that soon.

There was an earlier post saying they got Simpsons Hit & Run for the $4.99 deal. This made me run into my car speed to CC all to find this is total bullshit. Just to be sure I got scanned all three versions. Repeat Simpsons Hit & Run is NOT $4.99....

Billy Hatcher and Def Jam Vendetta are not 4.99 either, for I scanned both of them and they came up as 19.99... :(

Either way, I remember hearing a few people saying Billy Hatcher was apart of the deal, but it is not, neither is Def Jam, though it was the GH version I got scanned... though it was the only one there.

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']If anybody has an extra Disgaea lying around from this deal, i'll buy it for $10. PM me if you'd like to sell[/quote]

Bwah ha ha!!!

[quote name='Sarang01'][quote name='Zingela']Add Onimusha: Warlords for PS2 (GH if it matters), and gitaroo man. Can't believe I even found Gitaroo, and it was marked to $5 on top of that! Sweet game. :)[/quote]

I HATE you! :x ;-P However I strangely LOVE your sig. :wink:

But seriously I'm jealous. I've wanted "Guitarooman" because I KNEW it would be part of this sale and no one has really found any. Wait, did your CC have extra copies? crosses fingers.[/quote]

No, grabbed the very last one ^^;

I'll concur with Simpsons not as part of the sale...came out full price or something. Little girl almost pushed me aside to put it back on the shelf...that how disgusted she was. :wink:

I got 28 games from b&M over 2 days and 2 from online. They had a ton around me. Not all titles but most of them. I just forgot my list and left work both times to get in on the deal...so I had to rush. But 30 %5 games is not bad.

:)

Attention!!!!!!!!!!

i picked up an extra copy of Viewtiful Joe for trade

im looking for:
wario world
mario golf both for Gamecube
i need these games in mint or near mint condition

Private message me (let me know what games you have to trade if you dont have the above)

i have photos of the game if needed (dont know how to put them up here

[quote name='Nephets']Billy Hatcher and Def Jam Vendetta are not 4.99 either, for I scanned both of them and they came up as 19.99... :(

Either way, I remember hearing a few people saying Billy Hatcher was apart of the deal, but it is not, neither is Def Jam, though it was the GH version I got scanned... though it was the only one there.[/quote]

Think only the GC version of Def Jam is $4.99. Not PS2.

I missed out on getting a copy of Disgaea by 10 minutes but i did Manage to get.

PS1

Grand Theft Auto Collection

PS2.

Bloody Roar 4
The Bouncer
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Extermination
Forever Kingdom
Grandia Xtreme
Jade Cocoon 2
Mega Man X7
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Silent Hill 2
Shadows of Destiny
Zone of Enders: The 2nd Runner

GC

Ikaruga
Mystic Heroes
Mario Party 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn

Xbox

Crimson Sea
Shenmue II

To Nephets - Def Jam Vendetta IS part of the sale, or at least it is here. (Dallas, Texas area) I've got a copy sitting right next to me. It is the GC version if that matters.

With all the pages, I'm sure to have missed seeing it noted, but Sword of Mana is NOT part of the deal. Neither CC rang up the game @ $5!
Oh well, I got a bunch of other great deals. :)

i agree, i was bout to buy sword of mana, but it rang up at 29.99. the girl workinf the register knew me, and said "this is full price, so i am guessing you don't want it?"

[quote name='JamisonBWolsh']There is nothing illegal about it. I NEVER told them I bought the games there. I mearly asked If i can return them unopened to them for a store credit. They said yes.
I never gave them false pretense. Nothing Illegal about it. Robin Hood did not scan in their computers so they did not refund that one. They did refund the other 2 though. This is perfectly LEGAL! I did not force them to buy it from me.[/quote]there'a a limit to how many time you can do it

[quote name='weizur'][quote name='GuilewasNK']I went to the CC in Roanoke, VA .

I was lucky I went early because the employees were grabbing games for themselves big time. Some guy got 20 by himself. I thought I over heard them asking if they should sell them at the price so I discreetly took my games and paid in a different section. I drove an hour to get there and I wasn't going to be denied.

I got...

Dragon Warrior VII - PS1
Ape Escape 2 - PS2 (I believe I got the last copy of this)
Bloody Roar 4 - PS2
Chaos Legion - PS2
ESPN NHL Hockey - Xbox
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - Gamecube

I would have bought more but I really need to watch my finances.

They DID NOT have any of these so if you are heading there for these don't bother...

Rez
Tactics Ogre
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
P.N. 03 (I was looking hard for this one)
Viewtiful Joe
Disgaea

Like I said, the employees were getting alot for themselves so I don't know what else may be left. I left 3 hours ago.
I was amazed at how clueless they were as to the discounts. They sounded totally shocked at first.[/quote]

Heh well I think I was the guy you noticed there before you I think I saw you as well, I broke the news to the clerks and they were stoked and even helped me price check to find even more discounted ones. They were wondering where I heard so I found a list on the internet and they printed it off and like 20 employees come over and were raiding the games heh. Also the manager was happy that all the games were being sold so overall the employees at Roanoke, VA were great and even told me to come back and let them know about any new deals as well :lol:

I ended up with 38 games[/quote]

Yeah you probably saw me there, I kind of stick out considering how tall I am. Well, that is cool then. I wasn't sure if they were going to honor it or not. I took advantage of the big sale CC had last January (I got 26 games then, so I didn't mind missing out on anything now) but that was when they still had a CC in Martinsville. Cool to see another member nearby. Did you find anything that wasn't on the list here?

Well here is my exhaustive finds from going thru 3 circuit city stores, some multiple times. (In no order cause I'm so freaking tired from being out from 10:30am to about 7pm....

State of Emergency (Xbox)
Italian Job (Xbox)
Legends of Wrestling II (XB)
Evil Dead (XB)
Star Wars: Clone Wars (XB)
UFC Throwdown (GC)
Preview Disc (GC)
ZooCube (GC)
Robotech Battlecry (1 GC, 1 PS2)
Wrestlemania XIX (GC)
4x4 EVO 2 (GC)
Spy Hunter 2 (PS2)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)
Black & Bruised (PS2)
Road Kill (PS2)
MLB Slugfest 2004 (PS2)
Run Like Hell (Which I sure did to get to these places--Xbox)
Time Splitters 2 (Xbox, it's not the favored GC version but it'll do)
NBA Live 2003 (PS2)
Bloodrayne (Xbox)
Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds bundle--1 FREAKING CENT (xbox)
Espn NHL Hockey 2k4 (2 for Xbox)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (GC)
Futurama (PS2, could've bought xbox but unable to retrieve it)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (not favored ps2 version but it'll do)
Wheel of Fortune (ps2)
Red Faction II (ps2)
Spider Man Presale crap--1 cent
NFL Blitz Pro (PS2)
Mortal Kombat Alliance Promo copy version---1 FREAKING CENT! (ps2)
Disgea (ps2)
P.N. 03 (GC)--2 copies
(Damn didn't realize I got THAT much)
What I did:
I took Disgea, P.N. 03--both copies, and espn NHL 2k4 to Blockbuster for $77 dollars in credit. Of course it was a major pain in the ass cause I had to SIGN UP for their card. I capitalized on their 3 for $25 previously viewed dvd sale and still have $24 left)

Right now I don't know what the hell to do with these games (too tired to think) but I'm gonna look at their reviews (maybe some CAG's can input) and determine which ones i'll Keep and which ones I'll chuck.....I'm only interested in acquiring Viewtiful Joe, Mario Party 4 and Ikaruga (WHICH NONE OF THESE stores had). Not interested in selling right now--and may return a couple of these and will miss paying the rent because of this. I'm officially A BROKE ASS GAMER......

I just came back from my CC and found a ton of games that were not posted on the list. Of those, they were:

PS1
Tomba 2

GBC
Mario Tennis

GBA
The pinball of the dead

PS2
Ninja Assault
Monster rancher 3

a lot more but i'm going to start playing them.

[quote name='JamisonBWolsh']There is nothing illegal about it. I NEVER told them I bought the games there. I mearly asked If i can return them unopened to them for a store credit. They said yes.
I never gave them false pretense. Nothing Illegal about it. Robin Hood did not scan in their computers so they did not refund that one. They did refund the other 2 though. This is perfectly LEGAL! I did not force them to buy it from me.[/quote]

I'll avoid a long tirade, and just state that Walmart does not have a trade desk, they have a return desk. 'Return' means bring back to the place of origin. By 'returning' the items to Walmart, you are, in fact, implying that they came from Walmart, whether you stated out loud that you bought them there or not.

I got 11 games from the store in Binghamton. I forgot my list, but lucky the were two guys also looking with a list in hand. Thanks guys.

im the one who got simpsons h&r

here's how it went...

went to one cc, it was one one of the employee's xbox lists [not my cag list mind you

went over to the cc across town looking for it

found it, it rang up full price, but the manager pulled price over-ride "since it's on the list" [they had their own list with H&R on it]

so i got it for 4.99 =P

heh gotta love good managers

" I'll avoid a long tirade, and just state that Walmart does not have a trade desk, they have a return desk. 'Return' means bring back to the place of origin. By 'returning' the items to Walmart, you are, in fact, implying that they came from Walmart, whether you stated out loud that you bought them there or not.[/quote]"

But it's not illegal right....

Went to the CC in Savanah, GA this morning...

Apparently someone had come in the night before and bought about 50 games... he must have been a nintendo fan, cause it was pretty picked over... both GBA and Gamecube... still managed to find some decent stuff tho

GBA
Breath of Fire II
Max Payne

GC
NBA LIVE 2003 (it seems all the prior sports titles are 4.99)
Tiger Woods Golf 2003
Fight Night 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Universal Studios
X-Men Dimensons (or whatever it's called)
The Sims
Fairly Odd Parents

couldn't find Super Monkey Ball Jr. for the GBA.. which I was really after... or my crown jewel PSO... if anyone managed to pick up Wrestlemania XIX (or PSO for that matter) and doesn't really want it PLEASE pm me.. I've been after this game for a while now at a bargin price and they had nothing.. no MP4... no Skies of Arcadia... no Viewtiful Joe... No RE remakes (outside of the original but I already have that)... and no midway arcade sports games (hitz, blitz, slugfest ... well except for hitz 02)

stuff they did have that I passed on:
Madden 2002
Madden 2003
F1 2002 (kinda regretting this now, as I have no realistic racers)

The X-box section was pretty well stocked, but the PS2 section was PACKED with 4.99 games... I was very tempted to buy a PS2 right that moment on principle alone... I doubt that's still the case though as plenty of phone calls came in asking about "the 4.99 games" while I was there, and the employees we're pulling some for themselves trying to figure it out.

One game I had a problem with is Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer... it had the bargin upc on the back and while I considered removing it, it turned out to be best that I didn't... see it rang up as 14.99 when I knew for sure it should be 4.99... the cashier peeled back the sticker for me and scanned the original UPC, and of course it was 4.99... but the computer said no more of that version were in stock, so he couldn't sell it that way. So I ended up buying it, going to customer service and pleading my case. Telling them I understood why they couldn't just scan it as the other version and sell it to me, but they should be able to price match it since it's the exact same product. The CS rep tried to tell me that the UPC was "a misprint" and that's why the sticker was there... I told her the guy in video games had scanned it with me and shown me that it was the same game, under a different upc... and since the price just changed the old upc was no cheaper. She was obviously annoyed but asked her manager about it and came back silently and refunded me 10+ bucks. So that may be a good angle to take if you run into problems, just be curtious and clear.

This is truely the summer of the cheapass

Monster rancher 3 was 4.99? Damn the world. I was thinking about price checking that too, but passed when I saw a RE: CV (GC) behind the lot of them. Nooo :(

yaeh Nameless loser (great name by the way) anyway i saw it one their bottem shelf all alone and had been wanting it for some time so i took it up to be checked and well threst is history.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

This is the first time I've been on the computer all weekend!

Of all times for me not to check this site.

I will be taking a 10:00 lunch tommorrow. Although it's probably too late.

Has anyone been to the Arlington, Tx store?

Please let them be clueless, please let them be clueless.

"Guitarooman" :lol: I'm surprised ANYONE from here would still be finding that title, since it was marked down to $10 during the last clearance event! Same goes for REZ, some games it'd be crazy not to pick up, for the price. I guess some of ya'll weren't around back then, or just didn't look hard enough last time. :)

BTW, you can add Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil to the list it rang up for $4.99 for me today

Here's what I was able to come away with:
ccdeal.jpg

No Panzer Dragoon, No Crazy Taxi 3, no Pac-Man Fever. A few titles I didn't see, still a great haul!

I bumped into a fellow CAG while I was there, he mentioned Whacked was a $5 game, which he had picked up, I then picked one up as well, somehow during checkout my copy got mixed into his stack of games as they were uncasing them. :( I saw a copy there on counter, but thought it was his copy, now as I sorted out & took picture, I notice it's missing. But it was on my reciept..

Oh I bought Castlevania: Lament of Innocence PS2 today as well, this one price checked at $14.99, was a cheap enough buy for me I decided to take it. Less than what Chronicles & SOTN cost me new. But it was not a $5 title, I left in pic thou :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back