OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='TheRock88']Went to my local CC this morning and it was as dry as a bone. The only game that I could find for $4.99 was Haven. I'll check by sometime again this week to see if they're gonna restock.

BTW, this is in San Jose, CA[/quote]

The CC here in Almaden didn't even have a good selection before people knew about the clearance. I checked on Saturday afternoon and there wasn't really anything great. Some $4.99 games but nothing that would make me go out and buy

I haven't seen most of the replies in this thread so it might have already been answered, but:

Are Greatest Hits editions excluded, or is it only on certain titles (i.e. Maximo)?

[quote name='chrisflyer']I haven't seen most of the replies in this thread so it might have already been answered, but:

Are Greatest Hits editions excluded, or is it only on certain titles (i.e. Maximo)?[/quote]
None of the GH have worked for me.

[quote name='chrisflyer']I haven't seen most of the replies in this thread so it might have already been answered, but:

Are Greatest Hits editions excluded, or is it only on certain titles (i.e. Maximo)?[/quote]

It seems greatest hits and platinum hits are excluded im not sure about plyers choice but i bet thats the same too.

More finds from today...

Disney's Magical Quest (GBA)
PTO IV (PS2)
MX Superfly (GCN)
NASCAR Thunder 2003 (GCN)
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius (GCN) - the first one in addition to Jet Fusion

[quote name='"epobirs"'][quote name='HYDE']---
(Someday I'll tell the story of how I turned one copy of Sonic Spinball, a badly designed rebate, and a bunch of bulk packages of Life Savers into $1000.)[/quote]

TELL US!!

PS: Did anyone see Punch Drunk Love?

[quote name='Renzokuken']I loved Punch Drunk Love. Id never expected Adam Sandler to do a good job in that role.[/quote]

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but your avatar gives every one of your posts a feeling that everything is super incredible (Not saying it's a bad thing, though). At least to me it does.

I hope I can find some games in Houston tomorrow. I think I will try all of the stores that I can find. I might even end up buying some games for systems I don't even have yet, but plan on getting in the next month or so. :p

Man, all the CCs in Orange County CA are owned.

I got there at 10AM on Monday and the Laguna Hills, Irvine, and Newport Stores had nothing :(

I just hope they get more in soon, OR, on sunday they have butt-loads.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']My brother had the same problem about buying the games because the CC employee said the sale is supposed to be next week and CC fixed the prices so that they will not come up anymore. I told him to come back and actually scan the prices to make sure. I also told him to buy the games if they come up regular prices because I will be able to price match them next week and get each one for as low as $.50 if they come up $49.99 this week and $4.99 next week($45 + 10%($4.50) = $49.50 back from $49.99 so GOOD DEAL!!!)[/quote]

Yea I got the same problem today, went up to buy just one game and the clerk says "uh oh it's one of those 5 dollar games" and makes it regular priced. I was about to just cancel the purchase, but thought about just coming back in a week for a price adjust. Do they just scan the barcode and give it for the price it's comin up and is that extra 10% automatic for all price adjustments?

i got a couple at my CC, but the ones i wanted to get was all gone... :( here are my scores, and if your CC have extra copies and would like to trade please pm me.

wanted for GC:
pikmin
skies of arcadia
x-men next dimension

up for grabs(what i got):
GC:
nhl hits 2003
tiger woods pga tour 2003
hitman 2
summoner: Goddess Reborn

more games for grabs in my sig.

[quote name='tolhurst']I'm hoping for the sales on sunday, they issue a limit for clearance games per customer...... *ducks*

seriously, imposing a limit for the first day (7/11) would help them keep alot of their customers who came in for the ad happy.. they can lift the limit later if it's too slow (I bought 12 games myself so I realize I am hypocritical...) who here would be upset with that, and who would approve??[/quote]

A CC manager told me that the sale will have a 5 game limit. Hopefully that will be 5 individual games, not 5 copies of the same game.

[quote name='imperium']

A CC manager told me that the sale will have a 5 game limit. Hopefully that will be 5 individual games, not 5 copies of the same game.[/quote]Ugh, I hope it's 5 period. People do not need 5 copies of a game. Leave some for some other people.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Anyone TRying to get rid of there PsO episode I&II gor gamecube let me know.....[/quote]
I'll trade you my copy for your copy of Ikaruga. :wink:

[quote name='Fatesealer']Obi Wan PH also scanned off at $19.99 for me... didn't buy it...[/quote]

I got it for $4.99, no problem. PH, too. I think it depends on which barcode they scan.

I went to the CC in Bedford and got

Dragon Warrior 7 (PSX)

PS2
Jade Cocoon 2
.hack//infection

GC
Bloodrayne

At Mentor, OH

PS2
Onimusha 2
Legaia 2
Chaos Legion

GC
Lost Kingdoms

Also, Bedford store is expecting a shipment of 11 Viewtiful Joe's on Sunday. Too bad I'm broke!

[quote name='RavenHawk']Updated!

Hey Richter, who is your "other" avatar?[/quote]Josie maran @ DP (hawt *_*) & Richter BElmont on CAG

[quote name='p0tempkin'][quote name='Kodiak'][quote name='jaybird']An employee at one of the Circuit Citys I went to said that some guys from a local gamestore (GameXchange) had come in on Sunday & cleared them out.

Bastards.[/quote]

yeah i know that store. i sold them a couple of games i got today from CC ...

got $85 for selling 12 duplicate games. i don't think these guys knew about the CC deal. you gotta act quick if you want to sell them locally!

wichita, ks

-k[/quote]

Wow, $85 for selling $60 worth of games? That's a real big profit there....... :roll:[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, that profit was crap and definatly not worth getting rid of 12 games over.

My CC never has anything on sale...The Bouncer is still 31.99 (I had it price checked).

Are you trying to tell me that Disgaea is 5 bucks!

I'd gladly pay more for several of the games on that list....

[quote name='Hot Sizzle'][quote name='PrinceNeil']My brother had the same problem about buying the games because the CC employee said the sale is supposed to be next week and CC fixed the prices so that they will not come up anymore. I told him to come back and actually scan the prices to make sure. I also told him to buy the games if they come up regular prices because I will be able to price match them next week and get each one for as low as $.50 if they come up $49.99 this week and $4.99 next week($45 + 10%($4.50) = $49.50 back from $49.99 so GOOD DEAL!!!)[/quote]

Yea I got the same problem today, went up to buy just one game and the clerk says "uh oh it's one of those 5 dollar games" and makes it regular priced. I was about to just cancel the purchase, but thought about just coming back in a week for a price adjust. Do they just scan the barcode and give it for the price it's comin up and is that extra 10% automatic for all price adjustments?[/quote]

You probably won't be able to do this. Clearance sales are limited to stock on hand. If you buy a game this week at $49.99 and next week they've cleared it out, they probably won't honor the sale price and then you are stuck with a $49.99 game you could have bought for $4.99. :?

Jeremy

People definitely killed this deal. I checked the Somerville, NJ store on 7/5 and found a handful of games. They were:

Syberia
Animal Crossing (wasn't sure if clearance)
Evil Dead
Legends of Wrestling 2
Activision Anthology

The only $5 game was LOW2. Everything else scanned at the same price they were marked. The clearance box they set up for the sale was raided, and the normal clearance bin is where I found the measly handful.

Disappointing.

Made a trip to the only CC in my area that I had not been too. I was happy I decided to make the trip though. I pick these up today:

GBA
Driver 2 Advance

PS2
Freedom Fighters
Maximo (non-GH)

PS1
GTA: Collector's Edition
Dragon Valor - NOT ON THE LIST YET

[quote name='videogamejunkie']when does this sale officially start and end?[/quote]

I believe there will be an ad in this coming Sunday's paper. If you can get to a CC at opening on Sunday you should still beat the big rush and might be able to find some good ones. I think both of my local CC's got pretty picked over by 'dorks with lists', who in turn sold 12 games for a $25 profit or turned in 5 games for Spiderman 2 (idiots!).

Luckily the number of games that I wanted from this deal was small and I ended up with 2 out of 3 ("2 out of 3 ain't bad" - MeatLoaf). But this was totally ruined by greed. By the time I got to search my CC's they were either pulling games from the shelves or they were already pulled. And these idiots were still coming in and asking the clerks 'where's your $5 games?' or 'do you have a $5 game deal going on now?'. I felt like walking over and punching each and every one of them.

#1 - Never ask anyone instore or over the phone about a deal
#2 - It's okay to look for the rare/valuable titles to trade or sell, but showing up with a list and clearing out every single $5 game is frickin' retarded unless you plan on playing all of them.
#3 - Any dealer who took advantage of this and plans on reselling the games, I hope no one buys them.

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='RavenHawk']Updated!

Hey Richter, who is your "other" avatar?[/quote]Josie maran @ DP (hawt *_*) & Richter BElmont on CAG[/quote]

That's it!
Josie Maran........smoking!

Heh, I had no idea this was going on and i work at circuit haha, i was peeved tho cuz I had no idea and by the time i did, all the good games were gone =/ BASTID CORPORATE COMPANY!

I went to CC yesterday and did a pretty clean sweep of the place. I went back this morning to pick up some games I missed on the list and found the following games on the shelves which definitely were not there yesterday. The most notable games;

Robot Alchemic Drive
P.N. 03
Armored Core 3

So you never know, AC 3 was in plain view while the other two were behind other games. Good luck with your hunting!

Here's My Updated Trade List (All Sealed):

--GBA
Boktai: The Sun is in your Hand
Lunar: Legend
Megaman & Bass
Megaman Battle Network 2
Shining Soul

--Gamecube
P.N. 03
Rugrats: Royal Ransom

--PS2
Armored Core 3
Clock Tower 3
Chaos Legion
Dynasty Warriors 4
ICO
Megaman X7 (4)
Resident Evil: Dead Aim (2)
Robot Alchemic Drive
Robotech: Battlecry (2)
Mobile Suits Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon (2)

--Xbox
Vexx

Want:
Disgaea
GGX2
Cash

PM me if you're interested.
Please.
PM me.

I checked out the CC in Troy, MI

I came home with NOTHING. Although, they had Haunted Mansion, Aquaman, Syberia and Totaled!...and NFL Blitz Pro (they may have had some older sports games also) I almost bought Totaled! but didn't feel like it I guess.

All the good games are gone....and have been gone. Once again, I only looked for XBOX games. They may have had many more Ps2 games....I think I saw Def Jam Vendetta....

You can add

Buffy: Wrath of Darkhul King to the GBA list

& Golden Sun: The lost something or other
rang up at full price for me unless there was a sequal and I had the wrong game

I bet I work with you at that stupid company. I just found out yesterday too, I also got a copy of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for $.01

Just dropped by a CC, Monster rancher 3 was at full price. I also found none of the games that I wanted that was on the list. Actually, the only game that I found was airblade. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back