Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

[quote name='dtcarson']Wow...Maybe they wouldn't have so much excess inventory if they didn't tear up the instruction manual.
Boxes are one thing, at least if they're those paper boxes; and certainly they may get a lot of trade-ins that don't have instructions, but it doesn't seem to make much sense to purposefully destroy something that adds value to the game.

I actually have a GameCrazy somewhat near me--not near enough to be 'on the way' , but near enough to drive out to for a sale. Last time I was there I don't remember any super deals/selection jumping out at me, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

There is little value that instructions add to the resale of a game, and any small gains made by retaining them would be lost in the loss of productivity for the employees having to hunt down stray instuctions or shelfspace being lost to accomidate the instructions.

I just called a GC and asked the clerk if there are any sales going on for this week and he responded "No our games are just normally priced.....normally priced"...hmmmmm just hope he is clueless and there is a sale going on cuz I don't want to go all the way over there and get gooched.....

Hey jer7583,

Is this deal supposed to ring up automatically when you purchase 3 previous generation games or do the employees have to enter in a code? My GameCrazy employees are clueless about this sale....I'd like to keep it that way! :lol:

I'm gonna throw this out there:

Calling or visiting GameCrazy stores about this deal before Friday may be a bad idea. I feel like you'll only be alerting the clueless.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Hey jer7583,

Is this deal supposed to ring up automatically when you purchase 3 previous generation games or do the employees have to enter in a code? My GameCrazy employees are clueless about this sale....I'd like to keep it that way! :lol:[/QUOTE]

there's a coupon that has to be entered.

[quote name='Rig']Why oh why does my city have two BB's, but no GameCrazy stores in them? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy's are in hollywood video stores not BB.

I mean that the employees have to enter something in the computer not that there's a coupon

Cool. Any idea what the code will be? There is a good chance that my GameCrazy will have no idea about this on Friday - I usually end up telling them about their own sales.

[quote name='jer7583']there's a coupon that has to be entered.[/QUOTE]

Haven't been to a GC since last xmas, this definetly make it worth a trip to just take a look at what they have. So does this sale also include the original/color gameboy games too? Or even better old GBA games?

I don't have a GameCrazy around here. If anyone is able to get multiple copies of any good PS1 games that I don't have in decent condition, I would be willing to buy a game or two from you.

Gah, I need money! My GameCrazy has great SNES and NES games, and this would be the eprfect opprotunity to replace my stolen N64 games.

Stopped by my GC just now to look for SNES games, specifically Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island, and they had just one row of cast , alphabetized, starting with Super Empire Strikes Back and ending with Taz-Mania, including Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Pinball, Star Wars, Super Return of the Jedi, etc. I didn't ask where A-Super D and Tb-Z had gone.

This is pretty hot. My abstaining on buying games is going to have to end. I'm going to have to go to GC today and make note of what I want. Thank goodness I don't have class until 2:30 on Friday.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Gamecrazy's are in hollywood video stores not BB.[/QUOTE]

:oops: Shows how much I go to either one of them. Okay then, well, we have two Hollywood Videos here in the city, and still, no GameCrazy stores... :cry:

my gamecrazy has asshole clerks that sit there play games never help you and have no idea what's going on ever. Can't wait to make them run around the store picking out games from the cases. And ohhh what about those draws behind the counter that holds all the ps1 disks without cases? I can never look at them cause the lazy ass clerks get all pissy and corny when i want to see if there is anyhting good in there. They better empty those draws on the counter fri. What time does GC open on Fri?

[quote name='cag1000']my gamecrazy has asshole clerks that sit there play games never help you and have no idea what's going on ever. Can't wait to make them run around the store picking out games from the cases. And ohhh what about those draws behind the counter that holds all the ps1 disks without cases? I can never look at them cause the lazy ass clerks get all pissy and corny when i want to see if there is anyhting good in there. They better empty those draws on the counter fri. What time does GC open on Fri?[/QUOTE]

Every game store is different, no doubt. The GameCrazy near my job (about 6-7 mins. away) has very cool people, just a couple of doods. Every time I've gone in there, I'm greeted kindly, they let me browse the games and answer any questions I have. Can't say the same about the EB and Gamestop's in my vicinity.

I will give it a browse on Friday and I hope to find some goodies. If not, then no big loss.

Love this site as this is post #1 for me.

Thanks.

Terry

Is gamecrazy in blockbuster or hollywood video? There isn't a blockbuster one anywhere in massachusetts, NH, Maine or upstate new york, but the hollywood video one is in buffalo.

[quote name='secretvampire']GBA doesn't count.[/QUOTE]

What about GBC or even older GB games? I'd be willing to fill out my collection with incomplete games if they were only $5 each!

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Is gamecrazy in blockbuster or hollywood video? There isn't a blockbuster one anywhere in massachusetts, NH, Maine or upstate new york, but the hollywood video one is in buffalo.[/QUOTE]

It's part of Hollywood Video--but make sure your Hollywood Video has the Gamecrazy store attached, if not then you won't find any games at a regular Hollywood Video.

EVERY time GC has an "unbelievable deal" like this one they change it at the last minute. What do you bet it turns out all "SPORTS" games are 3/$15 or "Only marked games". I tried to love Game Crazy, but they just kept pushing me away. Thankfully I moved where they don't have any (maybe there's one around here somewhere but I haven't found it) so I don't have my mind toyed with anymore...

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, regarding the condition of games, 99.9% of all N64, NES, SNES, and basically every cart based used game that they have is cart only. The manager actually told me that due to storage issues, they actually destroy all boxes and manuals. YMMV, of course, but mine tears up boxes and instructions.[/QUOTE]

I know of that too, but it doesn't happen to the N64 games when my Gamecrazy gets them but rather to PSone and DC games for some fucking reason. The manager at this store see them not fit and has his employees always take them out and destroy them. he says because of storage issues, but I look at it and say the case is still there so what was the big deal of keeping the manual.

I really hope that this deal pans out, no strings attached. I would hate to find out that there is an exclusion list or some type of catch. I mean, this deal is almost too good to be true with some of the deals that could be had. There has to be catch, gamecrazy seems to always have some catch.

For $5 a pop I'd be willing to take some cart only games. I already have list in my with games like Killer Instinct/Gold (know of three GC's that have this one so I'm not too worried some employee will take them, Kirby 64 (never bought it because it was always to high for my tastes), and some other game, maybe the Tactics Ogre or Starcraft 64 that they have. I don't think I'll luck out too much on PSone games, but here's hoping since the employees always take those at one store by me and the other ones I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to. But if I do, I know when the employees never take any games and the same for the other and they have lots of GB/C and N64 and PSone games that I have been wanting.

The one right by me where I bought my Baten Kaidos with the idiot employees that don't do anything other than play games is going to be checked out even though they never have anything good since I know for a fact that when there is something good that they recieve/someone trades in, they stow it away and take it for themselves. Still they are overflowing with NES and SNES games as well as N64 with some that actually have the boxes and instructions with them.

I wouldnt doubt if there is an exclusion list or maybe they will change it to all games marked under 10.00 are available. Their buy 2 get 1 free deal is like that.

[quote name='cag1000']my gamecrazy has asshole clerks that sit there play games never help you and have no idea what's going on ever. Can't wait to make them run around the store picking out games from the cases. And ohhh what about those draws behind the counter that holds all the ps1 disks without cases? I can never look at them cause the lazy ass clerks get all pissy and corny when i want to see if there is anyhting good in there. They better empty those draws on the counter fri. What time does GC open on Fri?[/QUOTE]

haha any chance you're talking about the GC on stelton road in piscataway? (noticed you're from NJ too)

thats the reason i stopped going there, i'm trying to buy something and the guys playing GBA and i'm like hi can i pay for this and he gets pissed

[quote name='gizmogc']I'll try and confirm this later..if its true, I'll have them hold a bunch of stuff for me.[/QUOTE]

Will they actually hold stuff for you until Friday, and then give you the lower prices?

[quote name='secretvampire']If you work there like gizmogc does, they might! :D Otherwise, I highly doubt it...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I didn't realize that he works there. More power to you, gizmogc!

If I were you guys, I would innocently ask "Hey, if the price drops in some way over the next few weeks would you be willing to price-match? I'd hate to spend $30 on this and then have the price drop to $10..." I'm betting they'll say "Sure". Then you can do all your shopping now - best way to beat the Ebayers...

[quote name='chosen1s']If I were you guys, I would innocently ask "Hey, if the price drops in some way over the next few weeks would you be willing to price-match? I'd hate to spend $30 on this and then have the price drop to $10..." I'm betting they'll say "Sure". Then you can do all your shopping now - best way to beat the Ebayers...[/QUOTE]

And how will you prove to the Manager that the clerk making $8 an hour said, "Sure." and get it to stick when you go back to get your PM?

This sounds like an amazing deal for those great oldschool games, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anything can happen between now and this weekend, I think they will have an exclusion list, or the employees will set the good games aside for themselves.

Maybe we'll see a trend like this (gamestop,ebgames) with the new consoles coming out (Am I hoping too much?).

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I think I have a GameCrazy near me in Hartford somewhere, but I've never gone there. I'll head down once the deal starts.[/QUOTE]

Yes we do. It's right by the Crown Theatre. Save some stuff for me ;)

The employees will know how to look for the coupon code, and it does include GB/GBC games.

I don't know if the rumors of an exclusion list are true, because they had not faxed us an exclusion list as of saturday, but thats the last time I was there. Im going to work today so I'll get the breakdown from my manager.

And yes, I agree with you guys, it sounds all too typical for gamecrazy to make the exclusion list remove anything that anyone would actually want to buy. I bet you half the games included in this "deal" will end up having been under $5 before the sale. I am pretty jaded on GameCrazy corporate's dealings and their cheapness.

[quote name='rsigley']haha any chance you're talking about the GC on stelton road in piscataway? (noticed you're from NJ too)

thats the reason i stopped going there, i'm trying to buy something and the guys playing GBA and i'm like hi can i pay for this and he gets pissed[/QUOTE]

no the one on south broad in hamilton. The one on olden ave in ewing is shitty also

i tried to return a few ps1 games i got from GC on a buy 2 get 1 free deal a few months back and they refused to accept the return of used games. Wouldnt give me store credit either. My reason for returning was that one game had a double disk and double instructions. But only had one of the instructions and was not complete as I belived it was when i purchased it.

bread's done
Back