Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

Got:

N64
Paper Mario
Majoras Mask

Dreamcast
Soul Calibur
Power Stone II
D2

PS1-
RPG Maker
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Chronicles X 2
Alundra
Wild Arms
Dragon Warrior VII
Lunar Blue 2: Complete--or something along those lines

My haul:

N64: (all carts only)
Super Smash Bros
Orge Battle 64
Kirby 64 x 2
Yoshi's Story
Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Gauntlet Legends
Harvest Moon 64
StarCraft 64

PS1: (all discs only unless stated otherwise)
Tomba
Vagrant Story x 2
Breath of Fire 3
Fatal Fury

Dreamcast:
Gundam Side Story (disc only)

Super Nintendo:
Tetris/Mario (cart only)

I am willing to trade any of these games except StarCraft 64 and Orge Battle 64.

Well im back

PS1
EHRGEIZ disc only
Point Blank 2 w/ gun and manual and case (SO AWESOME)
Vampire Hunter D(9th game to make it even) (complete)

DC
Sonic Adventure 2(disc only)

N64 (all cart only)
Zelda:Majoras Mask
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Kirby:The Crystal Shards

Nice haul for me...i wanted paper mario and a couple others they didnt have.
But the location had a few super smash bros. and alot of zelda: majoras masks

Well I got a good haul.

Threads of Fate
Tales of Destiny 2
Wild Arms 2
Final Fantasy VIII
Legend of Dragoon
Darkstalkers 3
Bust a Groove
The Next Tetris
Dragon Warrior VII
Legend of Mana
Kartia
Star Ocean 2
Ehrgeiz
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Vandal Hearts

Might go back and start dissecting the Nintendo stuff, although nothing jumped out at me earlier.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I got 21 games!
-NES-
Chip and Dale $8
Mickey Mousecapade $5
Shadow gate $5

-SNES-
Super Mario Kart $20
Link to the Past $20
Super Metroid $15
Donkey Kong Country 2 $10?
Star Fox $5

-N64-
Majora's Mask $25
Kirby 64 $30
Super Mario 64 $20
Harvest Moon 64 $25
Super Smash Brothers $25
Mischief Makers $10
Super Bowling $30

-PSX-
DIABLO!!! MINT!!!! $30
Odd World $10
Final Fantasy 8 $12?
Brave Fencer Musashi $15?
Legend of Legia $15?

Total Cost- $335
Total Spent- $105+tax

To make things even better... a kid was trading in his GC stuff and I bought Mario Party 5 and a wave bird off of him for 27.

ALSO, my Guild Wars CE came today!

Further more! I got lost looking for one of the gamecrazys and found an EB... which had inteligent cube!

Best. Day. Evar.

Well i ended up getting all carts(they last longer ya know):
N64-
Mario Tennis
SSB
Mystical Ninja 64
Kirby 64

GBC-
Mario Golf
Bust a move Millenium
Wario Land 3
Zelda oracle of the Seasons
Kirby Tilt n Tumble

There were quite a few other gbc games of interest, even though some guy was picking them over as i left.

Going to GC for the first time in a long time made me remember WHY.. they are so poorly organized, and just from this board it seems like they dont't have any kind of organization between stores - some want MVP's, same systems, all the employees didn't know about it, gave wrong days, etc.

[quote name='JSweeney']Anyone with more than 3-4 games held is greedy beyond belief.
That's just so far beyond reasonable that it's shocking that any store would allow ANY large quantity of games to be held. (Large being a pile of 10 or more.)

I plan to stop and look later, but I will have no issue with possibly walking out of the store empty handed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I couldn't believe they'd let someone put in holds for hundreds of games. But this guy was extremely cool to me so I didn't really bitch about it. If it's not somebody that's either related to the DM somehow or a major major customer, they are really stupid to have done that for him.

When he said the guy was Mr. Sweeney I actually thought (in jest) that punk JSweeney went on and on about how stores shouldn't be expected to hold games and now I find he's in my area and has the entire store on hold!!!

I went to three GCs and ended up with:
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Vagrant Story

Found all the manuals at replacementdocs.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah I couldn't believe they'd let someone put in holds for hundreds of games. But this guy was extremely cool to me so I didn't really bitch about it. If it's not somebody that's either related to the DM somehow or a major major customer, they are really stupid to have done that for him.

When he said the guy was Mr. Sweeney I actually thought (in jest) that punk JSweeney went on and on about how stores shouldn't be expected to hold games and now I find he's in my area and has the entire store on hold!!![/QUOTE]

Nah. I already own most of them, and I hate ebaying things. Too much paperwork :lol:

[quote name='wubb']Yeah I couldn't believe they'd let someone put in holds for hundreds of games. But this guy was extremely cool to me so I didn't really bitch about it. If it's not somebody that's either related to the DM somehow or a major major customer, they are really stupid to have done that for him.

When he said the guy was Mr. Sweeney I actually thought (in jest) that punk JSweeney went on and on about how stores shouldn't be expected to hold games and now I find he's in my area and has the entire store on hold!!![/QUOTE]

The person asking for all those games to be put on hold should be stoned to death with broken Xbox consoles.

The person who put them on hold should suffer the same fate.

WTF? Hundreds of games? I expect that to be someone who's doinking the DM or RM.

OK here's my haul:

All disc/Cart only unless specified

PS1
Resident Evil - Survivor
Parasite Eve 2
Final Fantasy Anthology
Ehrgeiz
Armored Core
Monster Rancher
Wild Arms
Spin Jam *Complete*
Chocobo Dungeon 2

Super Nintendo
Breath of Fire
Power Rangers: Zeo Battle Racers
Super Return of the Jedi
Tetris/Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3

N64
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario 64
Mario Tennis
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Racing
Bond: World is not enough
PGA European Tour
Kirby 64

GB
Rampage
Legend of the River King
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon 2
Metal Gear Solid
Dragon Warrior
Castlevania Adventures
Kirby's Pinball
Wario Land 2
Super Mario Bros Deluxe

My total without the sale would have been $675 with tax.

Instead, I paid $176.96 with tax.

I saved $500 Retail!!!!!!!

Thanks OP! This site Rocks!

[quote name='Yo Mama']I am in California.

I went to one Game Crazy, and made sure that the 3 for $15 sale was on. Loaded up my games, and when I was checking out, the cashier got a phone call saying the sale would not start until May 2nd (Monday).

I went to a different Game Crazy, the cashier said that it depended on the local Game Crazy manager to determine if the sale started for that specific store today or May 2nd.[/QUOTE]
Hey, so maybe the other store I went to just isn't starting the sale until the 2nd...I would still think that the manager would know something about it...

[quote name='hotwls13']I saved $500 Retail!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Technically, you didn't actually *save* any money unless you were going to buy them for retail price anyway. In fact, if they didn't have a sale, you would've saved yourself $176.96 since you wouldn't have bought the games ;)

Just three games for me - Kirby's Dream Land 2, Metroid 2, and Donkey Kong, all for my good old Game Boy.

I also passed up a copy of Starcraft 64 because an employee wanted it and I'm a nice guy like that. Am I going to be stoned or beaten for that? :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I also passed up a copy of Starcraft 64 because an employee wanted it and I'm a nice guy like that. Am I going to be stoned or beaten for that? :)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not, we encourage that kind of attitude! :) I've given games that I have had in my hand to people looking for them. Karma comes back to you!

My Haul, all w/o Case/Manual:

SNES: (I never had a Super Nintendo, so these are all new to me)
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Nintendo 64:
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64

Dreamcast:
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram

Playstation:
R-Types
Legend of Mana

While I was shopping (I hit up 3 GameCrazy's in eastern Portland) I found a bunch of other good/rare games that I already had, and at one Gamecrazy this guy had a pile of, I kid you not, fifty SNES games that he was going to buy.

All in all, I'm satisfied with my haul.

i just gave away an ogre battle 64, cause the guy not only wanted it and goes to umich, but i also already have a copy

i got:
dc-
house of dead 2
last blade 2

psx-
jet moto 3
crash 2
parappa
tenchu
marvel vs street fighter
sf ex plus a

snes-
mega man x
breath of fire
romance of three 2

nes-
final fantasy

gbc-
mario golf
dragon warrior monsters
bionic commando
super mario dexule

n64-
mario party 3
paper mario
dr mario

gb-
final fantasy legend 3
wario land

I was able to score the following. Looks like I'll need a lot of spare time on my hands to get through all these RPG's!

Genesis (cart only):
Gunstar Heroes
Shining Force 2
Shining In The Darkness

SNES (cart only):
Secret Of Mana

N64 (cart only):
Starcraft 64

Dreamcast (disc only):
PowerStone
Record Of Lodoss War
Sword Of The Beserk: Guts' Rage
Vanishing Point

PS1 (disc only unless noted):
Alundra
Arc The Lad Collection
Arc The Lad Collection (case & manual)
Dance Dance Revolution
Diablo (case & manual)
Dragon Warrior VII (case & manual)
Elemental Gearbolt
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Kartia
Lunar Silver Star
Persona Revelations (manual)
Tales Of Destiny
Thosand Arms (case & manual)
Xenogears (case & manual)

[quote name='shipwreck']I was able to score the following. Looks like I'll need a lot of spare time on my hands to get through all these RPG's!

Genesis (cart only):
Gunstar Heroes
Shining Force 2
Shining In The Darkness

SNES (cart only):
Secret Of Mana

N64 (cart only):
Starcraft 64

Dreamcast (disc only):
PowerStone
Record Of Lodoss War
Sword Of The Beserk: Guts' Rage
Vanishing Point

PS1 (disc only unless noted):
Alundra
Arc The Lad Collection
Arc The Lad Collection (case & manual)
Dance Dance Revolution
Diablo (case & manual)
Dragon Warrior VII (case & manual)
Elemental Gearbolt
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Kartia
Lunar Silver Star
Persona Revelations (manual)
Tales Of Destiny
Thosand Arms (case & manual)
Xenogears (case & manual)[/QUOTE]

that my friend is one hell of a score

[quote name='Edge']Technically, you didn't actually *save* any money unless you were going to buy them for retail price anyway. In fact, if they didn't have a sale, you would've saved yourself $176.96 since you wouldn't have bought the games ;)[/QUOTE]

:bow: :bow: :bow:

OK whatever. Why rain on my parade?

Technically, I did "save" $500 because "I did" buy the games during the "sale".

So, if you went to buy a $19.95 game at Best Buy and use the GGC, you didn't "save" $5?

Why do people insist on being so anal about comments on here?

Let's see if we can pick apart his statement cause it's fun!

Look at him, he can't spAAEell, oh my god he asked a question that was already answered 35 pages ago, he should go back and read the 100 pages (how dare he ask us now).

I got a crapload of games, which I won't bother to list here. What I think you guys will like is what the guy working there said when he was on the phone with tech support, asking how to print out a list of PS1 games for me (great guy, by the way):

"You won't believe where these people are getting the info for this sale: 'Cheap Ass Gamer.' It's hilarious."

And as he said that, I smiled, nodeed, and pointed to myself, indicating that I was indeed one of them.

[quote name='Kuma']that my friend is one hell of a score[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was pretty pleased. There was absolutely nobody at any of the three GC's I went to, and all the clerks said I was the first one to buy anything all day. I really had low expectations going into this one, but I can't believe everything that I found.

[quote name='js1']or he could hook some of us up! :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm definitely willing to trade the discs only copy of Arc The Lad Collection that I picked up, but the rest I'm hording! I didn't even mean to buy 2 Arc The Lads but the 1st store I went to had the discs only copy and the 2nd store had the complete copy, so I bought it twice.

[quote name='hotwls13']OK here's my haul:

My total without the sale would have been $675 with tax.

Instead, I paid $176.96 with tax.

I saved $500 Retail!!!!!!!

Thanks OP! This site Rocks![/QUOTE]

Wow, that is very very nice. Congrats!

Amen on this site rocking, I've been lurking here for some time but for some reason never got my feet wet with regards to this community. I'm glad I finally jumped in the pool - this site rules. :D

I'm really surprised at the lack of turn outs at the Elk Grove GC, I was the first one there and apparently not many people know about the deal cuz nobdy came rushing in at 10:30 or even 11 o'clock. That said, I took a lil' time and got some good PS1 picks, but was running late for a counselor's appt at Sac State so I had to run. I picked up:

RPG Maker *complete*
Bushido Blade 2 *complete*
Xenogears (disk only)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (no manual)
Final Fantasy Anthology (no manual)
Hoshigami (no manual)

What's still left at the Elk Grove GC worth mentioning:

Chrono Cross
Beast War 2000
Silent Bomber

There was a copy of Super Mario RPG but the chick that works there said that a customer special ordered it, but if he wasn't gonna pick it up today she'd take it. Damn! Oh yeah, she said they just had a fresh batch of games come in, and there's a copy of the original Final Fantasy on the NES.... but alas, she also laid claim on that.

To all the people that have had the clerks tell them that it's cartridge only and that the sale doesn't start today, tell them to REREAD the memo that they got, becuz the chick that rung me up also stated that it was cartridge only and I asked her to check again, when she REREAD the memo, she said yes, it does include PS1 and DC games.

BTW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH jer7583!

I got:
Legend of Legaia
Hoshigami Running Blue Earth
Chocobos Dungeon 2
Dragon Warrrior VII
Metal Slug X (disc only)

Super Mario Kart
Zelda ALTTP
Super Smash Bros
Bust a Move 2

Not too bad, but both stores I went to had a big stack that was look but not touch. The manager at the first store said it was a special order to Colorado, and it had pretty much every good RPG.

If anyone wants anything I got, Im looking for Parappa.

AHAHHAAHAAAa........i got a bunch of stuff from the Castro Valley and San Ramon GC is California:D

All are Cart, or Disc only unless noted

SNES:
Breath of FireII
Killer instinct
World Hero

Gameboy:
FF legend I
FF legend III
Sword of Hope
game and watch gallery 3
Azure dream
Kirby's dreamland

PS:
Legend of Dragoon(GH, complete)
FF VII(GH, Complete)
Tomba 2
Legend of Mana
Tales of Desinty
RPG maker
Floating Runner
LUNAR!!!!!
Chocobo Dungeon II
Chocobo Racing
Ehrgeiz

YAAAAY! going to make another stop at the castro valley one, cause i need to know what PS games i want so they can look it up. they have their ps1 games(disc only ones) in a drawer and wouldnt let me back there to look.:neutral:

When we went and got our games the manager of the store said that some kid came in and the morning and made them go through all the n64 carts to look for anything with the word mario in it. My boyfriend and I thought that was pretty funny. It's not fair I was really looking for any copies of Lufia or Final Fantasy II we live in New Haven and i called all the stores in Phoenix because one of the guys in the New Haven gc said he remembered one having a copy and that he would get it shipped here.. I found the store that had it in the system and almost died until the girl said, "hold on let me just make sure I have it" and then told me they didn't have it. It was a sad day for me.

I hit up the stores in Oceanside, CA and Vista, CA

There still should be some stuff left. I didn't take everything.

[quote name='katieisawesome']When we went and got our games the manager of the store said that some kid came in and the morning and made them go through all the n64 carts to look for anything with the word mario in it. My boyfriend and I thought that was pretty funny. It's not fair I was really looking for any copies of Lufia or Final Fantasy II we live in New Haven and i called all the stores in Phoenix because one of the guys in the New Haven gc said he remembered one having a copy and that he would get it shipped here.. I found the store that had it in the system and almost died until the girl said, "hold on let me just make sure I have it" and then told me they didn't have it. It was a sad day for me.[/QUOTE]

Man, that totally sucks! I remember a Funcoland by my house had a copy of BOTH Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, but I came back a few months later and they were both GONE. Those are the only 2 I need to complete my Squaresoft collection on the SNES, already got everything else Squaresoft, and yes, that means I also have Secret of Evermore, it's it's actually a pretty good game, I don't see why people don't like it.

went back grabbed

N64
Mario party 3
Paper mario 2 copies (1 for myself 1 for trades)

PS1
Point Blank 3
Armed COre
Breath of fire 3 (for trading)

total 21 games

TOtal 45 bucks out of pocket 60 bucks store credit

[quote name='goldendrag0n']I'm really surprised at the lack of turn outs at the Elk Grove GC, I was the first one there and apparently not many people know about the deal cuz nobdy came rushing in at 10:30 or even 11 o'clock. That said, I took a lil' time and got some good PS1 picks, but was running late for a counselor's appt at Sac State so I had to run. I picked up:

RPG Maker *complete*
Bushido Blade 2 *complete*
Xenogears (disk only)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (no manual)
Final Fantasy Anthology (no manual)
Hoshigami (no manual)

What's still left at the Elk Grove GC worth mentioning:

Chrono Cross
Beast War 2000
Silent Bomber

There was a copy of Super Mario RPG but the chick that works there said that a customer special ordered it, but if he wasn't gonna pick it up today she'd take it. Damn! Oh yeah, she said they just had a fresh batch of games come in, and there's a copy of the original Final Fantasy on the NES.... but alas, she also laid claim on that.

To all the people that have had the clerks tell them that it's cartridge only and that the sale doesn't start today, tell them to REREAD the memo that they got, becuz the chick that rung me up also stated that it was cartridge only and I asked her to check again, when she REREAD the memo, she said yes, it does include PS1 and DC games.

BTW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH jer7583![/QUOTE]

I was debating going out there, but I'm glad I didn't, I pretty much own all of those titles you listed and the ones I don't I really don't want.

I think it's kinda lame that people were able to reserve things, it should be first come first serve, but whatever congrats to anyone that was able to pull it off. I don't think I'm even going to bother hitting any GC's since I imagine anything good was already sniped about 4 days before the sale, which IMO=lame.

I brought my niece and we picked up:

Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64
Pokemon Stadium 2

We wanted Mario Party, but the store manager said some guy came in early and cleared out most of the Mario games. He's gonna sell them on Ebay. What a jerk!

Wow, it seems some decent deals are to be found.

It sucks they remove the manuals and covers at times, that takes away alot for collectors, however if you really just want to play the game, it doesnt matter.

[quote name='level99']I brought my niece and we picked up:

Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64
Pokemon Stadium 2

We wanted Mario Party, but the store manager said some guy came in early and cleared out most of the Mario games. He's gonna sell them on Ebay. What a jerk![/QUOTE]

im sure that person is crying now that he sees that they are not even worth selling on ebay .. i grabbed a mario party 3 cause i couldnt find a 3rd game hope its fun. Then again i hope my N64 still works

Well, I picked up:

Legend of Mana
Alundra
Wild Arms

I missed out on Lunar2: Eternal Blue and a few others since the second store in town wouldn't hold games for me. The other one did. Oh well. This is an awesome sale. I just wish I had more money. I would like to buy back the N64 games I traded in a long time ago. I also want an snes.

3 more games to add to my backlog . Thankyou CAG.

[quote name='erehwon']Well, I picked up:

Legend of Mana
Alundra
Wild Arms

I missed out on Lunar2: Eternal Blue and a few others since the second store in town wouldn't hold games for me. The other one did. Oh well. This is an awesome sale. I just wish I had more money. I would like to buy back the N64 games I traded in a long time ago. I also want an snes.

3 more games to add to my backlog . Thankyou CAG.[/QUOTE]

what store you go to the maplecrest or the dupont. Both of the stores said they would hold games for people when i asked tuesday.

bread's done
Back