Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

I just got back from Game Crazy. I bought Paper Mario (cart only), The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (cart only) and Donkey Kong Country (cart only) for SNES. Donkey Kong Country was the only SNES game they had that I wanted to play none of the Genesis games caught my interest. They had lots of N64 games though, still had two Paper Marios, one Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, Mario Golf, Banjo Kazooie etc.

It feels awesome to purchase Paper Mario for $5 I took one last look on Ebay to remind me how much it would have cost me to play this game if it weren't for this awesome sale Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

[quote name='outlawz42']jesus christ..i didnt even read the whole forum..but im pissed cause new york city has no gamecrazys that i know of..do they?

any guys willing to ship games for cost? or is everyong heading to ebay asap?[/QUOTE]

I went to the Game Crazy in Queens Village. Go to their website and find the closest one to you.

I have no cash, but I do have a Wal-Mart gift card with $53.79 on it, enough for a new $50 game + tax. If anyone, preferably in the Southern California area, would be willing to get some SNES or N64 games for me in exchange for either the card or a new game of your choice purchased with the card, I would be very grateful.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have no cash, but I do have a Wal-Mart gift card with $53.79 on it, enough for a new $50 game + tax. If anyone, preferably in the Southern California area, would be willing to get some SNES or N64 games for me in exchange for either the card or a new game of your choice purchased with the card, I would be very grateful.[/QUOTE]

Which N64 games?

Has anyone here hit the Canton Ohio GC? It's kinda outta the way but it's the only close one. Just thought someone might have gone and it would save me a trip.

[quote name='oleander']Is Mario Kart for SNES worth anything if you have Mario Kart 64?
Also, is Dragon Warrior VIII any good?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion it is still the best game in the series.

Not much at my local GC but I picked up -

GB/C :
Zelda DX
Zelda Oracle Ages
Zelda Oracle Seasons
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid 2
Mario Bros Deluxe

N64 :
Zelda Ocarina
Zelda Majora Mask

SNES :
Zelda Link to Past

Okay, I'll throw my hat, or experience, into the ring. I went to the closest GC yesterday. They had a few Dreamcast titles in the front case. The rest of them were behind the counter. There were no spectacularly great titles (i.e. valuable/etc.). However, that wasn't the worst of it. About 90% of the games they had were DISC ONLY. Sorry, but that's only 1/3 of what usually is a "complete" game (imho). The manual and case insert make up the other 2/3. In any case, there was nothing worth picking up there.

So, today, I ran by 2 other local GC stores to look for some Dreamcast stuff. If I thought yesterday was bad, I had no clue. The first store literally had ONLY FIVE DC GAMES that were complete. The rest were disc only. Ah, but it get's better. The second store had ONLY ONE complete DC game...Crazy Taxi. Woo-freakin-hoo.

Needless to say, all I did was waste gas. I wasn't looking for anything else, as I have a pretty good record of finding games for other systems/etc. at local garage sales. DC games are a bit harder to come by that way (at least for me). Oh well, I guess it just wasn't my turn this time...lol.

Went back to the same one today, and another one...picked up:

NES:

Bomberman
Lolo 2
Baseball Stars II

SNES:

Kirby Superstar
Aero the Acrobat 2
Illusion of Gaia (one of my fav. SNES RPG's)
Contra III

N64:

The New Tetris
Mario Party 3

They had a Wing Commander III for PSX in the longbox version (I know because I saw it), so I asked the person for it...I saw him and the other person (Which Im pretty sure was the manager) walk over to it, pick it up, shove it under the desk, walk back to me, and tell me they didn't have it.
js_angry.gif

And on a related note, Im so jealous of all you guys who got ahold of all the great SNES RPG's!!!
(Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy II/III, Super Mario RPG, etc)

Picked up FF Anthologies, FF Chronicles, Front Mission 3 and Worms Armageddon (64) along with some random Dreamcast games (Project Justice, yay!). Probably hit the other semi-local GC tomorrow.

The guy at the counter was spazzing out because my total was like $167 before the discount...

Here's what I got tonight.

Metal Gear Solid (GBC)
Kirby Tilt and Tumble (GBC)
Metroid II (GB)
Tetris and Dr. Mario (SNES)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)
Kirby 64 (N64)
Mario Party 2 (N64)
Wild Arms (PSX)
Record of the Lodoss War (DC)

Not great, but not bad either.

Thankfully a new CAG friend got me Diablo, Xenogears, and when he's done with it, Super Mario RPG.

Gotta love CAG.

Glen

It's funny to see all these games listed on eBay. Because there's such a glut, none of them will mantain value. If any of you guys want to buy some games now, I'm sure you'll be able to get them $2 to $3 more on ebay at auction end.

I got my few for my SNES and left the rest. These hoarders are really something.

I figured everything would be gone by today, but I ended up doing pretty well for myself. I got:

SNES:
-Kirby's Dreamland 3
-Kirby Superstar
-Lufia & the Fortress of Doom

N64:
-Mario 64
-Conker's Bad Fur Day
-Majora's Mask

I really think I must be the only person buying GB and GBC games in my local area...
some of the other formats are begging to look a little picked over, but most of the GB/GBC cases still looked fully stocked.... tons of mario, kirby, Zelda and other Nintendo franchises... lots of other GB versions of big name games as well.. and even after I've visited the cases, there are still lots of games from well known series (still labelled as $20+) filling the shelves.

[quote name='Scorch']Shaq-Fu on Genesis is 99 cents at my store! :)[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! I'm so used to seeing "Shaq-Fu" used as a curse word here, I thought that you were cussing about something! ;)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Well no one really answered my question. meh

Would I have a good dhance of getting afew good games if I went on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I bet you probably would. I went late tonight, right before the stores closed and hit two GC's, and picked up:

N64:
Powerpuff Girls (for the Missus)
Mario Kart 64
Yoshi's Story
Majora's Mask
Bomberman: Second Attack

PS1:
Lethal Enforcers (couldn't believe it)
Micro Machines v3 (best game in the series IMHO)
Mega Man X6 (why I don't know)

Dreamcast:
Typing of the Dead

Genesis:

Wrestlemania Arcade
Mega Bomberman
and last but certainly not least...
McDonald's Treasureland Adventure!!

I got most of it for trades, so if anyone's interested in anything, feel free to email or PM me...

RD

[quote name='lurknomore']for how long is this sale to last? I know that many stores are already cleaned out, but still?[/QUOTE]

Either until they sell out of everything or May 21 I believe (the guy working told me this so I dont know if it's just that store and others one close to it or all stores in the country).

[quote name='Zennousha']Holy crap. I'd have paid 20 for that even if I saw it without this. Oh god you are lucky.[/QUOTE]

hehe i got everyone beat. i got this game mint w/ original case and manual played like twice cause the guy that traded it in hated it. we at the time didnt except it for trades anymore for whatever reason so he said just keep it. greatest day ever.

well i adde a couple new games to my crazy haul. decided to visit the BIG gamecrazy for no reason cuz i was bored. thank god i did.

-legend of dragoon
-vagrant story
-dragon valor
-parappa
-doom(longbox with foam insert never played)
-bomberman worlds
-yugioh premium edition!
-dr.mario 64
-mr. driller (dc)

all complete except dr. mario 64.
so that plus my fat haul of

ace combat 2
braindead 13
bushido blade
bushido blade 2
diablo
disc world(lol)
einhander
fatal fury wild ambition
final fantasy origins
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
front mission 3
g-darius
hercs adventures
jumping flash
lunar silver star story complete(including map and art book)
marvel vs. capcom
mega man legends 2
metal slug
pocket fighter
point blank 2
point blank 3
rat attack
rpg maker
star wars rebel assault
tail concerto
tobal no. 1
tomba!
x-men vs. street fighter

too much money but i know that there will never be another deal like this ever. also met a cagger at work and made some others happy. some lady was driving all around PA to find super mario RPG. i let her purchase it for her efforts.

Well I went and got some stuff.

The only complete game was
Gundam Battle Assault 2 PSX

The Rest:
Kirby's Dream Land GB
Final Fantasy Legend 3 GB
Xenogears PSX (Refurb)
SNK vs Capcom DC
Ninja Gaiden NES

And the 2 that didnt work and I have to return :cry: :
Parappa the Rappa : Intro FMV skips and sound goes away during gameplay (no song playing)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 DC Freezes before every fight

Most of them weren't in the greatest condition but I got them to play. I don't know how you guys go in there and throw down $100+

Alright can you guys tell me how I did?
I got
Starcraft 64 for N64
then for PSX i got
Metal Slug X
Dragon Warrior VII w/ instr.
Worms
Tomba
Buster Bros. Collection
for $30

I skipped on Tales of Destiny, some bomberman game that was $25, a gold cart zelda for n64

IF ANYONE WANTS GOOD DEALS, THE GAMECRAZY ON CLAYTON RD. IN CONCORD WAS UNTAPPED UNTIL ME TONIGHT AT 10 WHEN IT CLOSED, NOTHING WAS TAKEN!!!

[quote name='JSweeney']I really think I must be the only person buying GB and GBC games in my local area...
some of the other formats are begging to look a little picked over, but most of the GB/GBC cases still looked fully stocked.... tons of mario, kirby, Zelda and other Nintendo franchises... lots of other GB versions of big name games as well.. and even after I've visited the cases, there are still lots of games from well known series (still labelled as $20+) filling the shelves.[/QUOTE]
Would one of those well-known series be metroid?:D

[quote name='CGH'] [quote name='oleander']Is Mario Kart for SNES worth anything if you have Mario Kart 64?
Also, is Dragon Warrior VIII any good?
[/QUOTE]
In my opinion it is still the best game in the series.
[/QUOTE]
which one?

[quote name='rickybee2003']lunar silver star story complete(including map and art book)
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure Lunar: SSC didn't come with an art book. Are you referring to the hardback game manual?

Anyway, here's my haul with the original tagged prices in parentheses.

SNES cartridge only
Super Mario Kart ($19.99)

DC complete
Dead or Alive 2 ($14.99)

PS1 complete unless otherwise noted
Elemental Gearbolt ($29.99)
Breath of Fire IV ($19.99) (missing the manual; anyone know where I could find a replacement manual?)

N64 cartridge only
Mario Party 3 ($34.99)
Mario Kart 64 ($24.99)
Mario Tennis ($24.99)
Paper Mario ($29.99)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards ($29.99)

The N64 selection in particular was quite nice. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='THe VGM']Well I went and got some stuff.

The only complete game was
Gundam Battle Assault 2 PSX

The Rest:
Kirby's Dream Land GB
Final Fantasy Legend 3 GB
Xenogears PSX (Refurb)
SNK vs Capcom DC
Ninja Gaiden NES

And the 2 that didnt work and I have to return :cry: :
Parappa the Rappa : Intro FMV skips and sound goes away during gameplay (no song playing)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 DC Freezes before every fight

Most of them weren't in the greatest condition but I got them to play. I don't know how you guys go in there and throw down $100+[/QUOTE]

always ask to see the used disk before u buy or ask if they have a better one, plus now GC has these buffer machines that are amazing, (itll look like new after it had big scratches before)

[quote name='Abdullah2']always ask to see the used disk before u buy or ask if they have a better one, plus now GC has these buffer machines that are amazing, (itll look like new after it had big scratches before)[/QUOTE]

that is why I bought the SNES and DC games , only a few PSX and DC games because gamecrazy games are usually really scratched up

some stores let you mix and match consoles to get multiples of 3 and others did not... in my experience today.

also, the clerk told me they got a couple copies of Lunar (complete box set) about a month ago. the store only paid $6 for them and marked them up for sale as $30... the clerk said he bought both of them for himself.

But $6 for Lunar? Whoever traded those games in must be stupid.

I picked up these last night:

San Fran Rush 2049(DC) had it rebuffed and it cleared up the scratches I was amazed how good it did fixing the disk
Project Justice(DC)
Street Fighter Alpha 3(PS)
Mario Tennis(N64)
Mario Golf(N64)
Yoshi Story(N64)

[quote name='Mythik']They had a Wing Commander III for PSX in the longbox version (I know because I saw it), so I asked the person for it...I saw him and the other person (Which Im pretty sure was the manager) walk over to it, pick it up, shove it under the desk, walk back to me, and tell me they didn't have it.
js_angry.gif

[/QUOTE]

And you put up with that?! I would have told them I'm very sorry they didn't spot it first, but they do work there so they had a chance, and if they expect you to believe it's not there when you just saw them shove it under the counter, they're morons. Then I would have demanded the game and district manager's phone number.

[quote name='oleander']Would one of those well-known series be metroid?:D

which one?[/QUOTE]

I've seen a copy of Metroid 2 at every Gamecrazy I had gone to.
I've seen the Entire Double Dragon Series.
The entire Ducktales series.
Multiple iterations of tetris.
The entire Dragonwarrior Series

If you own a gameboy of any form, you owe it to yourself to go look.

[quote name='oleander']Is Mario Kart for SNES worth anything if you have Mario Kart 64?
Also, is Dragon Warrior VIII any good?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you're asking about DQ8? From the early reviews, DQ8 is incredible, and will probably end up being the best game of the series. But it's not due in the US until Nov. (and it's for the PS2).

If you're really asking about DQ7, it's a decent old-school RPG with a huge amount of side quests. But don't expect anything revolutionary; it's an old-school level grinder.

As for Mario Kart, I never really got into Mario Kart 64, but I had a hell of a time playing the SNES version. Certainly, for 5 bucks, I wouldn't complain.

Anyone picking up any Saturn, Game Gear, or Neo Geo Pocket Color games at all? I had forgotten my Game Crazy has 500 Saturn games...all loose...but alot rare. I'm gonna need to go back and get a list.

Madison, WI gamecrazy is having the sale now. Don't know why they screwed people on Friday.

I didn't get anything too exciting besides Kirby N64- picked up a bunch of Mario Land / Wario Land GB games.

[quote name='gizmogc']Anyone picking up any Saturn, Game Gear, or Neo Geo Pocket Color games at all? I had forgotten my Game Crazy has 500 Saturn games...all loose...but alot rare. I'm gonna need to go back and get a list.[/QUOTE]

Really? Lucky. Mine has none at all. They have a copy of Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy behind the counter, I'm pretty sure they'd give me it if I asked.

I wonder if any GC's still have SegaCD games..

[quote name='Scorch']Really? Lucky. Mine has none at all. They have a copy of Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy behind the counter, I'm pretty sure they'd give me it if I asked.

I wonder if any GC's still have SegaCD games..[/QUOTE]

One GC near me (the one that I particularly hate) near me has tons and tons of Sega Saturn games and a bunch of SegaCD games. Most are sports games though. They also have lots of Gamegear games no matter which GC I go to.

When I went out today, the guys working said that several "collectors" (aka Ebayers) had come through the past two days. My friend and I managed to snag:
1) Hogan's Alley NES
2) DK 64
3) Starfox 64
4) Super Smash Brothers
5) Diddy Kong Racing

Second trip...

Mario Party 3
Tetris Attack (GB)
Tetris Magical Challenge
Oddworld: Abe

Are the PS1 games hidden or something? This is the second GC Ive visited, and there were maybe 20 or so PS1 games, and hundreds of N64 carts. I dont even have a PS1 or 2 (ill pick one up soon), but I figured that I would be able to spot a rare PS1 game and trade it to someone who really digs that stuff.

^^The most likely case is that some fat ass low life piece of shit ass raping dick licking smelly god damn hoarders got in before you and bought everything. But don't be discouraged, Satan has a nice place in hell for these piece of shit people.

I scored:

Castlevania - Legacy of darkness (N64)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64 - duh!)
Vagrant Story (PS)

Not bad!

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']^^The most likely case is that some fat ass low life piece of shit ass raping dick licking smelly god damn hoarders got in before you and bought everything. But don't be discouraged, Satan has a nice place in hell for these piece of shit people.[/QUOTE]

One copy of each game per customer should be a rule with sales like this.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']^^The most likely case is that some fat ass low life piece of shit ass raping dick licking smelly god damn hoarders got in before you and bought everything. But don't be discouraged, Satan has a nice place in hell for these piece of shit people.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, there are only a few junky PS1 games left over, and there were some really good N64 games there. There's no reason an ebay hoarder wouldnt pick up on those too.

bread's done
Back