Old Stock Walmart Clearance games for $5 (YMMV depending on stock)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Original Post:

This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade. :D

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.

==========

TRUE Walmart List for Discounted Games
Go to this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9354876&postcount=153

Thanks, N1ntendo.
5.gif

==========

List of (protential) clearance games @ your local walmart. compiled by GTAERgameing

$5
.hack, Part 3: Outbreak :ps2:
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack :ps3: :wii: :360:
Ape Escape :psp:
Baten Kaitos Origins :gc:
Battalion Wars 2 :wii:
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WW2 :ps3:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '10 :360:
Daxter :psp:
F.E.A.R. :ps3:
F.E.A.R. Files :ps3: :360:
FIFA Soccer 08 :ps2: :ps3: :wii:
FIFA Soccer 10 :ps2: :ps3:
Gallop Racer 2006 :ps2:
Madden NFL 2006
Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition :ps3:
Madden NFL 09
Medal of Honor Collection :ps2:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption :wii:
Monsters vs. Aliens :wii:
NCAA Football 2009 :wii:
NHL 2009 :360:
NHL 2010
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 :wii:
Odama (with Microphone) :gc:
Pokemon Battle Revolution :wii:
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 :360:
Secret Agent Clank :psp:
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:
The Gunstringer :360:
The Simpsons Game :360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 :ps2:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii Motion Plus Bundle :wii:
Timeshift :ps3: :360:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune :ps3:
Vampire Rain
Vanquish :360:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves :wii:
Wipeout Pure :psp:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 :ps3:

$8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

$10
Bayonetta :360:
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :ps3: :wii: :360:

[quote name='sgaldis']Sick find on the Gamecube game! I had a quite an odd find at a local WM last night. Went by like usual to peruse the game section before snagging some groceries, and then what to I see filling an entire endcap...? At least 15 COD Black Ops Prestige Editions! Half for 360, half PS3. They were all spider-wrapped, but you can tell it was just done, because the boxes on these things were minty as hell...sharp corners and all that jazz! Flipper's dream, right? Not really. They are all marked at, you guessed it: $149.xx. With the sluggishness they go about marking stuff down, these won't drop from that price point for years. They'll probably sell one here and there, the local 'youths' will probably still manage to steal one or two over time, and the rest will just sit rotting on the shelves. If they would even go just half off on them, I would probably buy them all![/QUOTE]

Good luck. U will probably wait a long time before they clearance it out.

Found a few Kaitens and Wario Smooth moves. I have them up on ebay, but will sell/trade to you guys.

I wish I could help out with the deals but unfortunately no time with kids and work---least I can do to give back.

PM me.....with fair price----at least shipping and paypal fees lol

[quote name='sgaldis']Sick find on the Gamecube game! I had a quite an odd find at a local WM last night. Went by like usual to peruse the game section before snagging some groceries, and then what to I see filling an entire endcap...? At least 15 COD Black Ops Prestige Editions! Half for 360, half PS3. They were all spider-wrapped, but you can tell it was just done, because the boxes on these things were minty as hell...sharp corners and all that jazz! Flipper's dream, right? Not really. They are all marked at, you guessed it: $149.xx. With the sluggishness they go about marking stuff down, these won't drop from that price point for years. They'll probably sell one here and there, the local 'youths' will probably still manage to steal one or two over time, and the rest will just sit rotting on the shelves. If they would even go just half off on them, I would probably buy them all![/QUOTE]
I still have the 'extras' from the BLOPS PE's I snagged over the summer from the BB clearance at $15 each. It costs around $15 to ship EACH ONE or I'd likely offer them here for like $40+ shipping for just the extras(or break em up if people only wanted X or Y item), since I'm sure some would want the car or other stuff(for display purposes only unless ya got stock in Energizer or Duracell cuz that beast takes like 15+ batteries n drains em quick I hear:roll:).

The car is cool enough by itself cuz it has a camera and I think a mic on it and you can see/hear what the car is seeing on the remote. But like I said, unless you find a sick deal on batteries or have tons of rechargables that thing is gonna end up being a display piece.

you must be by my wal mart these bums never put anything below 20 dollars like ever. except the most horrible shovel ware wii games. the only xbox game ive seen for 10 is morphx which i bought. no earthly idea why though it was kind of fun. i suspect its a limited print hard to find game so theres that at least. ebay shows it going for 20-40. amazon doesnt have as many copies and only one brand new one but its all going for 6-20 on amazon. so who knows maybe this sucky game will be an odd 100 dollar one lol. 40 bucks brand new on ebay just blows my mind.

everything else is 20 bucks or more.

limited editions we still have that 149.xx presitage editions of stuff too. its going to sit there for ages too.

though i know they stock stuff at midnight regularly so i dont why they dont just mark stuff down ever.

my home city wal mart would of cleared this to 50 bucks by now. along with half the other crap. heck we'd even have Gamecube games and GBA games. the one where i moved to for college SUCKS. sure it has oddball wal mart finds but its never reduced price ever.

sick find on eternal darkness though to whoever found it.

I did a search for Metroid Prime 3 on walmart.com to see if they had any in stock at my local store. Nothing showed up, however Metroid Prime Trilogy did, and for only $13. So, knowing how expensive that game is I put in my order right away. Then at the last moment, I noticed I had actually ordered the strategy guide...... That SUCKED!! They totally have it mislabeled as simply "Metroid Prime Trilogy." There was another guy who reviewed the product who was also fooled. Be careful guys....

[quote name='jberth36']I did a search for Metroid Prime 3 on walmart.com to see if they had any in stock at my local store. Nothing showed up, however Metroid Prime Trilogy did, and for only $13. So, knowing how expensive that game is I put in my order right away. Then at the last moment, I noticed I had actually ordered the strategy guide...... That SUCKED!! They totally have it mislabeled as simply "Metroid Prime Trilogy." There was another guy who reviewed the product who was also fooled. Be careful guys....[/QUOTE]
i think that is the guide

Went to three ghetto Walmarts all within a 10 mile radius of where I live and found no GameCube games. Just AC/DC and singing and dancing games. They had a Call of Duty Collection for PS2 in the bargain bin but I didn't scan it. I was hoping for at least an Odama and Baten Kaitos.

Has anyone spotted any GCN games at Walmarts in the Houston area?

There is a Walmart near White Marsh MD still had a small selection of PSOne games last time I was there maybe 2 years ago, asking 30 dollars apiece.

I did snag a Metroid Prime Trilogy from one in WV for 50 bucks. Sadly the shrink is in rough shape. Really wish I'd grabbed one from BBY when they had a sale for $20. :(

bread's done
Back