Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nas6034']whats so good about the me3 ce discs?[/QUOTE]

Unique in that the disc actually states "collector's edition" unlike the standard version.

3/17/12
Base TIV

:360:
Batman: Arkham City - $23.00
Call of Duty Black Ops - $15.00
Call of Duty Mod Warfare 2 - $9.00
Call of Duty World At War - $4.00
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $25
Fable 2 - $0.50
Fable III - $4.00
Fallout 3 - $1.50
Forza 3 - $5.00
Gears of War 2 - $1.00
Homefront - $1.50
LEGO Indiana/Kung Fu Panda - $2.50
Madden NFL 2011 - $5.00
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $4.50
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $7.00
NBA 2K11 - $9.00
Rise of Nightmares - $14.00
Rock Band 2 - $0.75
Star Wars Force Unleashed - $1.50
Star Wars Force Unleashed II - $7.00
Tom Clancy's End War - $0.50
Too Human - $1.00
X-Men Destiny - $10.00

:ps3:
Battlefield 3 - $20.00
Dead Rising 2 - $8.00
Dirt - $4.00
Duke Nukem Forever - $2.00
LA Noire - $10.00
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $6.00
MLB 10 The Show - $1.00
NBA 2K11 - $7.00
Need For Speed: Pro Street - $5.00
Rage - $7.00
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1.25
Saints Row The Third - $22.00
Transformers: Dark Moon - $6.00
UFC 2010 - $7.00

:wii:
Blazing Angels - $3.00
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $20.00
We Ski - $0.75

:3ds:
Driver: Renegade - $6.00
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - $4.00
Madden NFL Football - $7.00

:ds:
Brain Age 2 - $0.75
Final Fantasy III - $2.00
Madagascar - $2.50
Quantum of Solace - $0.50
Sonic Rush - $3.00

:psp:
ATV Off Road Fury Blazin' Trail - $0.50
ATV Off Road Fury Pro - $1.25
Burnout Legends - $2.50
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - $1.25
Hannah Montana (UMD) - $0.50
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - $2.50
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1.00

:ps2:
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 - $1.25
Dragon Quest VIII - $2.00
God Of War II - $2.50
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - $6.00
LEGO Star Wars: Original - $0.50
Need For Speed: Underground - $0.75
Need For Speed: Underground 2 - $1.00
Star Wars Battlefront II - $1.00
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - $0.20
SOCOM US Navy Seals Combine - $0.50
Tekken Tag Tournament - $0.75
WWE Crush Hour - $0.50

:gc:
ATV Quad Power Racing 2 - $0.45
Fantastic Four - $0.40
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters - $0.75
Mario Party 5 - $4.00
Pikmin - $1.25
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - $0.15
Star Wars Jedi Knight II - $3.00
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - $0.15
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 - $0.40

[quote name='whitereflection']No.

And it was for sale? My Gamestop tells me they have to hold trade-ins for 14 days before they can put it on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Some states treat game trade ins like pawn laws and there's a hold period before the game can be sold. Those are usually either 14 or 30 days.

[quote name='Donut2922']Hm two conflicting reports on batman TIV.[/QUOTE]

I dont see a conflicting report, $22 for PS3 and $23 for 360 from yesterday.

Just called to get some values before making the trip

:ps3: Batman Arkham City - $22
:ps3: Modnation Racers - $6
:ps3: LBP2 Special Edition - $17
:360: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $9
:360: Mass Effect 2 - $8

All confirmed in store also. Decided to not trade in LBP. Came out to $63 after 3/$10 and the extra 40% on Batman.

[quote name='atc250es']I dont see a conflicting report, $22 for PS3 and $23 for 360 from yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't pay attention to the system version. My mistake. I just had assumed the TIVs for Batman were the same regardless of platform.

Today, 3/18/2012:
Base Prices without PUR or bonuses.

Games:
:360:Gears of War - $1
:360:Gears of War 2 - $1
:360:Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad - $2
:360:Tekken 6 - $5

Accessories:
:360:Quick Charge Kit w/ Battery - $3
:360:Rechargeable Battery Pack $1.50
:360:Wireless Microphone - $4.25
:360:XBL Messenger Pad - $5

TIV 3/18/2012:

- Tekken 6 $5
- Uncharted 2 $9
- Batman: Arkham City $23

All on ps3 and before bonus. Also found out sport champion is $.25 haha

[quote name='whitereflection']No.

And it was for sale? My Gamestop tells me they have to hold trade-ins for 14 days before they can put it on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Only cash trades are held for two weeks, if person trades in something for the store credit I can come in right behind him and purchase it

[quote name='luan87us']TIV 3/18/2012:

- Tekken 6 $5
- Uncharted 2 $9
- Batman: Arkham City $23

All on ps3 and before bonus. Also found out sport champion is $.25 haha[/QUOTE]

Are you sure Batman: AC was $23? There's already some confusion in the last couple of posts and I'd hate to think they dropped the value for a day just to fuck with me.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you sure Batman: AC was $23? There's already some confusion in the last couple of posts and I'd hate to think they dropped the value for a day just to fuck with me.[/QUOTE]
I traded in Arkham City for $22 earlier today on PS3. The 360 version is $23 IIRC still.

5umq9e.jpg

Oh also, just in case it hasn't been noted or if anyone isn't in the know yet, Gamestop is no longer taking trade ins for:

:360: XBL Vision Cams. Due to there being the Kinect now according to the worker.
:360: Memory Cards. Assuming because they aren't compatible with the Slims.
:360: Official Xbox Wired Headset. I'm stumped on this one, they still sell them new and have a moderate stock of them...

*whew* OK, I've got a bunch of TIVs to report:

3/17/12 (quoted)

Mercenaries 2: $1.25

Dead or Alive: Dimensions: $6

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: $1
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker: $1.25
Monster Tale: $3

3/18/12 (traded)

Batman: Arkham City: $22
Infamous 2: $16
Resident Evil 5: $7
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing: $6

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction: $2.50

Kirby: Mass Attack: $11
Mario Kart DS: $13
Yoshi's Island DS: $9

I wanted to trade Infamous 2 and B:AC towards Prototype 2 for the 30% bonus and use the remaining six titles for the 3/$10 promo, so I wanted to do separate trade-in transactions, but based on my receipt, it looks like everything got the 30% bump. :bomb: For the three DS titles, this isn't so bad ($0.10 difference), but I lost out on about $5 for the other three games (SC:C, RE5, and Sega All-Stars Racing). If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you sure Batman: AC was $23? There's already some confusion in the last couple of posts and I'd hate to think they dropped the value for a day just to fuck with me.[/QUOTE]

Actually $22 my bad

3/18/12 Base TIVs

LA Noire - $10
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - $1.75

Rage - $7
Bulletstorm - $2.50

I'm surprised LA Noire jumped up. I grabbed it for $8 at Best Buy last week after Coupon + Gamer discount and finally beat the game last Friday. Glad I could make almost double my money back on it.

[quote name='iKhaotic']Oh also, just in case it hasn't been noted or if anyone isn't in the know yet, Gamestop is no longer taking trade ins for:

:360: XBL Vision Cams. Due to there being the Kinect now according to the worker.
:360: Memory Cards. Assuming because they aren't compatible with the Slims.
:360: Official Xbox Wired Headset. I'm stumped on this one, they still sell them new and have a moderate stock of them...[/QUOTE]

I traded in my wired headset in Jan. The girl looked at it and said, "Oh good it looks new". I told her it was part of a set I didn't need, so it was never used. She was told to be careful taking them in because a lot of them were being traded in with a very poor condition. She mentioned that the foam ear pieces were normally nasty.

I guess they decided the headsets weren't worth taking in at all.

[quote name='kulaguy']3/18/12 Base TIVs

LA Noire - $10
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - $1.75

Rage - $7
Bulletstorm - $2.50

I'm surprised LA Noire jumped up. I grabbed it for $8 at Best Buy last week after Coupon + Gamer discount and finally beat the game last Friday. Glad I could make almost double my money back on it.[/QUOTE]

hmm, might get rid of my LA Noire. did you trade in the vanilla version or complete edition?

[quote name='Vigilante']*whew* OK, I've got a bunch of TIVs to report:

3/17/12 (quoted)

Mercenaries 2: $1.25

Dead or Alive: Dimensions: $6

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: $1
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker: $1.25
Monster Tale: $3

3/18/12 (traded)

Batman: Arkham City: $22
Infamous 2: $16
Resident Evil 5: $7
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing: $6

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction: $2.50

Kirby: Mass Attack: $11
Mario Kart DS: $13
Yoshi's Island DS: $9

I wanted to trade Infamous 2 and B:AC towards Prototype 2 for the 30% bonus and use the remaining six titles for the 3/$10 promo, so I wanted to do separate trade-in transactions, but based on my receipt, it looks like everything got the 30% bump. :bomb: For the three DS titles, this isn't so bad ($0.10 difference), but I lost out on about $5 for the other three games (SC:C, RE5, and Sega All-Stars Racing). If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...[/QUOTE]

doubtful, and knowing their excuses it would probably start with "the computer picks the best deal automatically..."

[quote name='mrclutch']Dude I hope you just asked and didn't trade yours in for that.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, you could get $200 easily on ebay or craigslist

[quote name='Vigilante']I wanted to trade Infamous 2 and B:AC towards Prototype 2 for the 30% bonus and use the remaining six titles for the 3/$10 promo, so I wanted to do separate trade-in transactions, but based on my receipt, it looks like everything got the 30% bump. :bomb: For the three DS titles, this isn't so bad ($0.10 difference), but I lost out on about $5 for the other three games (SC:C, RE5, and Sega All-Stars Racing). If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...[/QUOTE]

I work at a GameStop and I dont think they'd be able to fix it unless you went in the same day. If you went to a different GS to fix it, they wouldn't be able to help you, you would have to go back to the original one you traded in all your games at.

[quote name='te619']I traded in my wired headset in Jan. The girl looked at it and said, "Oh good it looks new". I told her it was part of a set I didn't need, so it was never used. She was told to be careful taking them in because a lot of them were being traded in with a very poor condition. She mentioned that the foam ear pieces were normally nasty.

I guess they decided the headsets weren't worth taking in at all.[/QUOTE]

i had a similar experience as you. i think trading in official headsets is a ymmv thing, unless gamestop officially took the listing off their computers nationwide.

i say this because about a year ago i traded a brand new official wired headset that came with my xbox elite that i was never going to use. The manager mentioned most stores usually don't take them (not sure if this is a corporate policy) because most used headsets are unsellable since the earpieces are worn, crusty, and nasty. he said he takes them at his store if they are/look new but other stores is usually up to the manager.

[quote name='DCpinoy']hmm, might get rid of my LA Noire. did you trade in the vanilla version or complete edition?[/QUOTE]

Vanilla.

[quote name='drawingboard']Thanks for keeping this thread up.
Anyone know when the next Buy 2 get 1 sale will be?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, gamestop had a power saver sale last year which included a b2g1 in April. I'm sure hoping there's one soon so I can use up this credit.

[quote name='rey6eric']If I remember correctly, gamestop had a power saver sale last year which included a b2g1 in April. I'm sure hoping there's one soon so I can use up this credit.[/QUOTE]

Yea they always have one during the anual power saver sale (aka the gamestop spring cleaning sale lol). Cant wait for it to start :)

[quote name='Vigilante']
...If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='oldboy26']doubtful, and knowing their excuses it would probably start with "the computer picks the best deal automatically..."[/QUOTE]
[quote name='sasukekun']I work at a GameStop and I dont think they'd be able to fix it unless you went in the same day. If you went to a different GS to fix it, they wouldn't be able to help you, you would have to go back to the original one...[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me twice a few years back. The first time I didn't notice until 1 or 2 days later and was just out of luck. The second time I noticed right away before I even got home. I went back to the store and was able to deal with the exact same employees. They corrected the error while commenting that the computer usually picks the best deal automatically. Since then I have ALWAYS heavily monitored the trade in process. Every once in a while I or the GS associate will catch the computer not acting in my best interest and it will be adjusted to do so. Of course, in situations like these it always helps to be calm and polite but firm in your stance. I hope your situation resolved itself nicely.

Sorry for the newb question since I dont pre- order from Gamestop much.

So I have two 2 pre-orders at two different Gamestop stores.

What happens if I dont pick up Games when its released? Does it cancel or is the $5 just out in space?

How difficult is it to cancel at the store? Do I need to go to that store to cancel?

^Your credit will remain at the store until you switch it over to a new pre-order or just ask for it back. It's easy to cancel, but the employees won't be happy because I believe it counts as a -1 pre-order for them. They will try to have you roll it over to a different pre-order.

Yes, you need to go to the store you have the pre-order at to get it back, cancel, buy something else, etc.

hey everyone, just heard from the manager of my local GS that a 50% trade-in bonus starts this Friday. No preorder or purchase necessary. But as always YMMV.

[quote name='DCpinoy']hey everyone, just heard from the manager of my local GS that a 50% trade-in bonus starts this Friday. No preorder or purchase necessary. But as always YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so, although I'm expecting a ton of TIVs to tank. If Arkham City's TIV survives this, then I don't know what I'll do with myself.

[quote name='Tsel']I sure hope so, although I'm expecting a ton of TIVs to tank. If Arkham City's TIV survives this, then I don't know what I'll do with myself.[/QUOTE]

This would be tragic; I traded over $500 in stuff the last couple weeks.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^Your credit will remain at the store until you switch it over to a new pre-order or just ask for it back. It's easy to cancel, but the employees won't be happy because I believe it counts as a -1 pre-order for them. They will try to have you roll it over to a different pre-order.

Yes, you need to go to the store you have the pre-order at to get it back, cancel, buy something else, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. How long can I wait? I want to cancel one and the other use it on Resident Evil 6 when they accept it.

Hmm, just picked up Wii sports ($8 tiv), Wii sports resort ($16 tiv) and lego star wars 3 ($5 tiv) at the flea all for $1, yes, $1,lol. Ill lose about $4-$5 tradin them in 2day, but dont want to take a chance of them dropping or if the 50% tiv report is wrong. Should get around $40 with the 3/10 deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back